Ferris Wheel!

The Pier is old, its been there as long as anyone can remember and promises a good time for adults and children alike. It has old fashion game vendors, a automated gypsy that will tell your fortune, places you can get great hot dogs and funnel cakes. A indoor merry go round with weathered sea animals and sleds, and a ferris wheel that allows riders to see across the Gulf into the ever vast ocean. Watch your children, more then one has been lost here and more then one woman has disappeared never to be seen again.[The Rack]
Elsaa

Ferris Wheel!

Postby Elsaa » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:23 am

Thalassa .............................Summer

Michael Rosswich:
The pier was a lot more festive than you might expect areas of new haven to be. Floating outside into the ocean, it was lined with a variety of features designed to entertain, delight, and arrest the attentions of those within it. Of course, it had it's darker side too, that no one really talked about - it was wise when enjoying the festivities to not go alone and leave no children unattended; More than one person has gotten lost or gone missing in this place.

Summer:
*She had been bored, so finally after a brief talk with Sam she had sugested, actually sugested for her to go out. And given the situation, aftar a call, someone had been appointed to keep an eye on her. So when the car parked, a man came out with her, but he would simply stay close and let her have her fun, he'll just make sure she was safe.

The girl had on, actually, jeans, with a short blouse, black, which was short enough to let her navel peek sometimes. her red hair was done up in an artfully messed up tail, and she had on skteches, the kind that have a wedge hidden in. Green eyes looking around, before she grinned and started on, intent on finding something fun and screamy to do*

Thalassa Zabat:
Thalassa needed to clear her head and to do that she had to be away from the house. She knew her mother was safe now that she could not hurt herself or anyone else but that did not help the feeling in the pit of her stomach, the nagging in the back of her mind wondering if she had done the right thing.

The lights of the Pier draw her attention away from her thoughts and she looked around with a sigh. She was dressed in a ratty pair of jeans and a t-shirt with work boots on and her hair was put up in a messy bun since she had just come from work. She had no one with her...but then her mind was not all there today.

Michael Rosswich:
Michael Rosswich was one of the attache's to the Ivanovich household - and here on business rather than pleasure, taking track of a series of debts that were held by some of the stores here. He's very obviously a businessman, in appearance and demeanor - his hair is a dark brown, and his eyes are iridescent. He's dressed well - far better than most of the people who walked on the wooden planks of the pier. A suit of dark blue that seemed to match the black colors of the water below.

Summer:
*She stops, by the entrance to the pier, long enough to stretch, with a sigh, a sshe then looked around, blinking at the suited man.... ew... she also saw the other people, boot girl, a chick with blond hair... a hufft... okay.... and bounded up to get something to eat, while she pondered what to do next, maybe she'll try a game....*

Thalassa Zabat:
She wasnt paying much attention to where she was walking, her head in the clouds so to speak. She weaved in and out some most of the time barely managing to miss people though bumping some from time to time. She shook her head some and looked up at the stars to see where they were and to see the moon...though doing so meant she was not watching at all where she was going...which was a bad thing for the Suit when she ran straight into him if he didnt move quick enough.

Michael Rosswich:
His business nearly concluded, he needed only talk to a few customers enjoying the attractions, possibly net a meal for his master before heading to the manor. At least, that was the plan - he is interrupted suddenly when someone walks into him from the side, knocking the papers that he had just had completed straight into the water. "What the Hell!?" He growls, anger erupting out of him immediately.

Summer:
*She was just about to ask for a popcorn bag when she the sudden movement caught her attention, after all she WAS contemplating the ferris wheel.... going uuuup and STANDING up on the little cart!... ooh... and she winces as she witnesses the coalision and then ... uh oh....ehr.. she starts meandering closer*

Thalassa Zabat:
She gasped as she was hit and rather hit something. She took a step back and shook her head looking towards the man.

"Sorry...I..was looking at the moon. I could get those out if you would like..they would dry easy enough"

Michael Rosswich:
There is a scowl, and he looks to her, "Looking to the moon!? Are you fucking kidding me?" His eyes locked on the womans, and he growled - no, commanded, "Go after them."

Summer:
ooh.... *she doooooes endges closer, juuust in case she has to play snag bigger spaz than herself and run for dear life...*

Thalassa Zabat:
She didn't argue with the man. She kicked her boots off and moved to the edge of the Pier sizing up the depth of the water and what lied below. She took a deep breath and unless someone tried to stop her she dove down into the water below....she looked pretty damn good doing it as well like she had done it before at least.

Michael Rosswich:
He scowled, and then pulled out his phone - making a text message to someone probably, letting them know that he would be later than could be expected. He looked over the dock with a scowl, and said under his breath, "Anna is going to be upset."

He looked down, and waited - rather impatiently.

Summer:
*yeeez* what an ass *she didn't REALLY bothered to be quiet about it, nor did she screamed it either, and moved to go sit at the edge of the pier* here... pass them to me *well she'll help, if she notices the other girl was having problems she'll jump in, yeap, like if that was nothing*

Thalassa Zabat:
She had no problems swimming at all, but she did accept the help to get the papers up out of the water, but not without glancing at them first.... One at a time she picked up the papers and passed them to Summer. She was right they could be salvaged...hung up to dry they would be wrinkled but fine.

"Thanks"

She said as she finished fishing the last one out before crawling out herself. The t-shirt clung to her and while she wasnt the prettiest she was in good shape

Michael Rosswich:
The papers she were picking up made very little sense to the untrained eye - excel sheets and paperwork which had a number of signatures (now all smudged to hell and back). They likely represented business deals mixed with financial assortments, and if the numbers were any sign likely more than she'd make in a lifetime.

The man is by far less than amused looking over the remains themselves. More than just the assortment, which is now in disarray, was the state of the paperwork itself. More than likely it meant that he'd have to spend the day doing exactly what he'd been doing, and his evening had just been restarted.

Here one hopes that he hasn't been up to this long...

Summer:
*She took the papers handed over and put them to the side, NOT in a pile, cause that'll just ruin them more, if the guy picked them up later was up to him. When the other was over and came out, she offered a hand to lift herself* uuh... its good it's not winter

Thalassa Zabat:
She took the offered hand and stood up and rang out her hair some

"Thanks...and its not so bad in winter really if you know what your doing..."

She sighed looking at the paper and frowned some....she had said that she would help get them out...and she had. She glanced to the man again

"Sorry again..."

Summer:
so... you KNOW? *curious, more than anything, she stud up as the other got out of the water, and eyed the angry man*

Michael Rosswich:
The man himself is impassive in his emotions - the look on his face is still not one that is pleased, but it wouldn't be. He looked over the files, and then breathed in. "I will have to get these sorted out between what can be salvaged and what will need to be revisited. If nothing else, my employer will be most displeased with the state of affairs of this." He looked to Thassala, and said, "You really ought to be paying attention to where you are going, especially in a crowded area such as this. There is no excuse for that kind of inattentiveness; You are going to get yourself or others hurt."

He looked to Summer, and said, "I appreciate your help." Well, she had come to assist and he was angry at the woman who'd practically lost a whole workdays worth of documents more than anything.

Thalassa Zabat:
"Seem to be doing that a lot lately"

She muttered under her breath some

"Look i'm pretty good with computers so...I can help fix it..."

She said softly

Michael Rosswich:
He looked to the woman who'd damaged his paperwork and tilted his head.

Annastasia would enjoy playing with her. She'd likely break the girl as well, in more ways than one. Still; a toy for his sister would not be an innappropriate gift to apologize for the wait when he returned to his body...

"What is your name?"

Summer:
*She shrugs with a very light* no problem...*then a tild of her head* yea, that's right... didn't you saved the work on a file, you just just print it back....*aaand she looked between them as he clearly was just talking to tha other*

Thalassa Zabat:
"Thalassa...you?"

She asked her brow raising slightly and then she looked to Summer with a smile

"One could hope...right?"

Michael Rosswich:
He looked to Summer and said, "As it would happen, the paperwork was just done - so no, not yet."

He looked to Thalassa, and said, "Rosswich. Mr. Rosswich." He looked to the girl, and said, "Are the two of you together?" Motioning between the girl and Thalassa - well, it was an honest question since she seemed to be the only person who came to help.

Summer:
*she hhmmmms* well.... you know.... just done or not... its always good to hit save every so often.... saves you a LOT of headaches *she smiles, and then looks to Thalassa as he asks that, and she just lets her answer that, wiling to play 'I know her' if the other thinks she'll feel saver with that*

Thalassa Zabat:
She shook her head some

"No not together...she was just nice enough to help out when someone needed it. Not many around here still do that"

Michael Rosswich:
He nodded and then said, "Ah. Alright. I figured you might be this one's chaperone, or something of the like," And had been prepared to scold even further for not paying attention. "Either way - if you would give me your information we can see what you can do to amend this; otherwise I will need to have to revisit this with my business associates."

Summer:
*she grins to Thalassa* well... swimming in the pier looked fun too *a bit grin from the teenager girl, she DID look young, no older than sixteen, maybe* and I don't need chaperone *a pout to Michael*

Thalassa Zabat:
She looked to him her head tilting

"Simple. Thalassa Zabat, phone number XXX-XXXX. I work at a warehouse down on the docks unloading my fathers ship and fixing nets"

Michael Rosswich:
"Alright, Miss Zabat." He says, putting the information into his phone. "I will contact you shortly. In the meantime, I must see if any of this can work as is." He looked to the two of them, and nodded, "Good Evening."

Summer:
yea.... night....*she tiled her head at the man, then glanced up to Thalassa*

Thalassa Zabat:
She blinked a few times

"Good night..."

She said watching him as he got ready to leave. She glanced to Summer

"Well he is an...interesting one.."

Summer:
ehrg.... sort off... you don't rally plan to JUST go to his office when he calls, right?

Thalassa Zabat:
"Not alone or anything no....I mean I have my big brother or someone who can go with me if need me. Or I have my own computer he can send me the information and I can email it back to him. No big deal right?"

Summer:
uhhu....*she looked the way the man left to* dunno... just remember most busyinessman have a creepy, sadist, pervert side to them... mean.. why ELSE would anyone wear those suits....*ew!*

Thalassa Zabat:
"I have seen many people wear suits...heck even my dad does from time to time though its got to be a damned good reason. Gramps always says make a good first impression everything else will fall into place"

Summer:
eh... guess.... anyhow... don't go alone *eyes her, ha! who is giving advice eh! but she grins* now... want to go to the Ferris Wheel? I SO want to stand up on the carts up there *pointing*

Thalassa Zabat:
She looked up and then gave a little smirk

"Sure! That sounds like fun we can try it. Just dont rock it back and forth too much. "

Summer:
*she laughs* don't be a bore *grinning and bounding over towards the line* it'll be fun!

Thalassa Zabat:
She couldnt help it, she let out a laugh and followed after the girl. She wondered if she had been like that at that age..

"Ok ok no being a bore.."

Summer:
Good *she smirks, fishing out for entrance money* SO! I'm Summer

Thalassa Zabat:
She laughed a bit and pulled a little money out

"Thalassa, nice to meet you Summer, thanks for helping with the papers and all.."

Summer:
No problem.. thought you could use a hand to grab ya and start running if things got ugly *she nods, moving forward in the line* that man looked angry as a parrot without a stick

Thalassa Zabat:
"Angry as a parrot without a stick? Where did you ever hear that"

She laughed shaking her head some

Summer:
well picture... if parrots don't have a stick to grab onto, they go wabbling about *she makes a kind of wabble* and caw, caw like if something REALLY bothered them

Thalassa Zabat:
She could not help but smirk a bit at that

"Ok ok...I can see where your coming from. But like...I have heard mad as a hornet or some shit...but...wow"

Summer:
*She grins* yea.. but everybody knows that one! so its no longer fun to use!

Thalassa Zabat:
"I guess your right....its nice to come up with new idea's and sayings for sure. So what do you do anyway"

Summer:
what do you mean what do I do? *ooh...* erhg... well... I guess going back to school * a fain sigh* you?

Thalassa Zabat:
"Work at a warehouse...fix nets and fishing traps...Dad owns a ship"

Summer:
aah... isn't that boring?

Thalassa Zabat:
"Its not so bad really...I enjoy working on the nets and that...just wish they would let me out on the ships with them. I love fishing"

Summer:
aaah... but.. you don't do ANYTHING else the rest of the day....

Thalassa Zabat:
"I help my Grandma in the kitchen sometimes...But mostly just work and fish and hang out"

Summer:
ooh.. I can't work in th ekitchen! *she grins* I burnt the water last time I tried *moving to pay off her passage as they finally get at the front of the line*

Thalassa Zabat:
"You burnt water? How do you burn Water!?"

She paid her way and shook her head some with a laugh

"you seriously need some help with that"

Summer:
uh... dunno *she shrugs* was too bussy talking on the phone *sitting as she smiles, and waits for her to sit, eyeing the guy go secures the bar across from them*

Thalassa Zabat:
"Well that would be the problem you were not paying attention"

She laughed some and climbed into the seat with her

Summer:
uh? *she blinked, looking to her* well... why would I pay attention to water? is boring

Thalassa Zabat:
"You have to pay attention to stuff when your cooking Summer girl or you will ruin it"

Summer:
uhhh..... *she humms, then grins* the same way you have to pay attention to walking? *good naturelly though*

Thalassa Zabat:
"...ok you have a point...my mind was in other places though so..that was bad of me."

Summer:
well that happens.... been there, done that *she nods, well she knew it* you just had bad luck *as she leaned a bit forward as it started to move!*

Thalassa Zabat:
"Yeah well hopefully its luck that can be fixed...Dont get to swinging too much"

She laughed some

Summer:
why not? its fun! *she grins widely*

Thalassa Zabat:
"Because I dont want this thing to flip over completely "

She said with a laugh

Summer:
it won't! sides what I want to -stand up. once we are uuuup upp! feel the wind! *she said as she looked up*

Thalassa Zabat:
"Well you will feel the wind from there thats for sure and you can see a good long way"

Summer:
*she nods* yup.... that's the idea *she nods, looking still up, then down, she blinks* uh? this thing is too slow!

Thalassa Zabat:
"Give it time it will get there. Not everything goes quickly"

She laughs
Summer:
*she puffts sinking a bit* well it should... be faster, I mean

Thalassa Zabat:
"If it was to be too fast then they would have to worry about people falling out of it or children being scared"

Summer:
*she pfft* children would not get scared... they'll scream in delight!

Thalassa Zabat:
"Not all young children like bieng up high fast"

Summer:
*she humms, and leans a tad to look down, seemingly behaving for her sake* not true... its more... they get stuck to their parent's fear and take them as their own... I think *almost wishpered*

Thalassa Zabat:
"That is possible...being afraid of something they do not understand or have been taught to fear with no rational explanation. But still "

Summer:
hum....*she nods, looking back up* how long does it take to get up?

Thalassa Zabat:
"I do not know I have never timed it before...perhaps you should?"

Summer:
nha..... what for? this is too slow, I'm not doing it again *she grins*

Thalassa Zabat:
"Perhaps you should take to riding roller coasters they are faster, Some of them you even dangle from or stand up in"

Summer:
yea.. usually do.... but I wanted to be high up here ... dunno, sounded fun at the moment*

Thalassa Zabat:
"Well it cam be fun because you can actually have time to see out there while up high and it not be a blur"

Summer:
huuh..... *she thinks that over* maybe... once you get there...

Thalassa Zabat:
"Half of the fun is watching as you go higher and see it grow the higher you go. You do not want to rush through life"

Summer:
why not?... there are things you really don't want to elongate and last for hours and hours? *looking to her*

Thalassa Zabat:
"I enjoy the peace of fishing which can take hours and hours. I enjoy fixing nets or making them by hand and that takes a long time as well. One must have patience or they will find life very unfulfilling. "

Summer:
*she sighs, flopping on the chair* uuh... sounds... boring *peering her way once more* mean.... you are just sitting there... what? knitting? ew.... I like rush, and going fast, running late in the night, faling off a clift into ice cold water and swimming your way out! going as high as you can imagine and feeling the wind in your face *she looked up, oh! half way up, good*

Thalassa Zabat:
"I like to do many of those things as well but you can not go fast all the time or you will miss things. Thats all i'm saying"

Summer:
maybe I want to miss things *she said*

Thalassa Zabat:
"if that is what you want...though it doesnt sound very fun missing things"

Summer:
depends on the things you want to miss, doesn't it? *she smiles a bit, aaaand moves to rock the chair some*

Thalassa Zabat:
"I suppose so..what is it your wanting to miss"

Summer:
*she shrugs* maybe I'm trying to stop missing...

Thalassa Zabat:
"Oh..well thats another matter entirely"

Summer:
yea... kinda *she grins, as she hops a little, like if THAT would make it go faster* hurry up you thing!
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Return to “Pier”