30 Pieces of Silver - 29 remaining (Jason Strode Mood Post)

Named after the first unfortunate suicide in New Haven, she was a sister in the church who got to close to the abyss. This part of the city is the poorest of the neighborhoods and has a high crime rate. It is North East of the city, a few miles from Murkwood cemetery and the Suicide Cliffs themselves.
Eternal Darkness

30 Pieces of Silver - 29 remaining (Jason Strode Mood Post)

Postby Eternal Darkness » Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:52 am

As the needle dug into his flesh, the helpless man wanted to scream, but he couldn't bring himself to do so. His will to resist was weakened by the overwhelming presence of the masked man - the monster - standing over him, by the paralytic drugs burning in his veins and by the crippling guilt that came when he spoke the words:

"There are certain things in this world - this terrible, cruel world of ours - that are just facts of life. Predator hunts and devours prey. The strong dominate the weak. The rich play with the lives of the poor." he began, jabbing another needle finger into is helpless victim's carotid, where the poison would quickly travel through is body and to his heart.

"We're both bad men. Monsters. We understand that principle. But you see, just because it's the way things are doesn't make it right."

the fire burned in his veins, but he couldn't will himself to fight back or call for help. The guilt and shame were oppressive. 'I deserve this', he told himself.

"You and thirty other people gangraped a helpless little girl because you thought she was prey. Trash that nobody cared about. You were half right - no decent human being cared, because i'm definitely not decent or even human. But even so, i do care about her. And what you did was unforgivable."

a black-booted foot pressed down on his neck and still he couldn't fight back. He was too weak, too beaten down. He was going to die here, alone in an alley, killed by tis crazy guy in black with a needle full of something.

"It was wrong. It was wrong, and you are going to pay for her suffering with your life. And lest you think 'he doesn't know the full story', you're wrong. I know about the man who did it, how he's so scary you couldn't even think of trying to stop him. But you know what? You could have done something. You were just too weak, pathetic and cowardly to speak up. You lacked the balls. So i'm going to murder you, right here in this alley just like you violated her in this very same alley. It's not fair and it's not right. But i'm gonna do it anyway, because i'm a monster and that's what monsters like us do and because somebody has to pay for that little girl's broken spirit and ruined sense of self. Someone has to pay for the lifetime of fear and mistrust she'll have for every man who so much as looks her way. Someone has to pay for the difficulty she'll have getting close to people or forming healthy relationships. Someone has to pay for her pain and her tears and buddy, you just got stuck with the bill."

Then the boot pressed down, slowly, awfully slowly and he felt his windpipe smash inward. No more breath would come through the torn organ.

"You didn't do it alone, but you're gonna pay regardless. You are going to suffer in agony, struggling to breathe through your crushed esophagus for as long as I can keep you alive. you are going to know despair and then you are going to die. And if you linger as a ghost? I'll find you and torture your worthless soul, too. So I suggest you make your peace with the mortal coil. And as you choke on your last blood-gurgling breath, remember: You Deserve This."

He lived for nearly thirty minutes before lack of oxygen made his brain simply stop functioning and he died, and the masked man removed the heavy boot from the crushed throat of his corpse and walked off, leaving him in the alley like the rest of the trash dumped there.

Before he left, the masked man did one more thing. He took jagged piece of metal from a nearby dumpster and drew blood, and wrote in scrawling letters on the alley floor.

'I HAVE SOME CANDY FOR ALL OF YOU'

One down, 29 to go.

Player Note: Rolled 13 dice (base 5) for raising Satiety, got 3 successes. Final satiety: 4 (Sated).

Tags:

Return to “Nellys Peak”