Late night discussions [Ms. fire and Jason Log]

North West of Bay side, Brunswick village is the hip and up and coming neighborhood with small restaurants, coffee shops and corner stores. The old rail road once went through Brunswick but was decommissioned in the late 40s, now the Caboose and a few of the older passenger cars serve as a quint restaurant and hang out, called "The Tug"
JupiterJones
Site Admin

Late night discussions [Ms. fire and Jason Log]

Postby JupiterJones » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:42 am

Jason Strode
Jason had just finished a shift at the asylum, and being the insomniac that he was had decided to get coffee before he headed home to do whatever well-off single guys who are secretly fear-eating primordial nightmares do in New Haven on thursday nights. Which was to say, he planned on going home and watching YouTube videos.

Ms. Fire
Alicia was enjoying a late night cup of coffee well and far away from the dorms.. there is only so much she can take of the usual dorm shenannigans. So she she had found herself there at a random coffee shop.. it was a late enough hour that there wasn't a whole lot of traffic.

Jason Strode
As it happened, this particular coffee shop was relatively close to Jason's trendy hipster apartment. As he entered and looked for a place to sit amongst the other people who inexplioably drank coffee in the wee hours of the morning, he spied Alicia and started toward her. He was still dressed in the collared shirt, sneakers and khakis he usually wore at work, and his asylum staff ID badge was still hanging from his neck in an ID holster. "Hey, fancy meeting you here."

Ms. Fire
*she blinked at Jason as he approached* OH! ah.. how is your arm? *ash asked quickly.. mentally cursing that whole 'small world thing'

Jason Strode
Jason held up the arm in question, which seemed to be in good shape "All good, thanks to you i'm thinking. Mind if I sit with you?"

Ms. Fire
*she shrugged* Sure, why not? *she nodded* then* good to se eyou are doing alright then.

Jason Strode
Jason sat down across from her "So, by process of elimination I believe I owe you the biggest favor ever."

Ms. Fire
"Ehhh.. don't worry about it." *she frowned briefly* Process of elimination.. well I suppose I was pretty much the only one to.. stick around... That was a really foolhardy thing you did..."

Jason Strode
"Thanks for that, by the way. I wanted to send you a 'thanks for not letting me die in the streets after wrestling a blood-drinking lunatic' card, but they don't make them and I had no idea where you actually lived."

Ms. Fire
*chuckles* are you sure? hallmark makes cards for damn near everything these days... might should look online... *she nodded* I lie at the dorms. *and that was abotu as much as she was going to mention about where she actually lived*

Jason Strode
"I should have checked. the internets never failed me before." he grinned, and ordered his coffee when a waitress came by. once she was gone, he started adding cream and enough sugar to give an elephant diabetes just from looking at it "So, speaking of that very unpleasant incident...how are you doing? i mean, that's a pretty scary incident to witness."

Ms. Fire
*she frowned mentally then physically* I've seen worse.

Jason Strode
"Worse than a guy drinking someone's blood? You have had a very interesting life. What are you, a secret agent?" he never stopped joking.

Ms. Fire
"Druggies can get pretty damn nasty. Remmember that news article about that guy who tried to eat someone's face?" *she replied with a slight smile* A horror movie reject pales in comparison to what I've seen those guys do.. hell even on just alchohol... *she paused* my pfather is a piece of work.. thats really all that needs to be said on that..*

*alicia's father that is.. ahh the fun thing about haiving a cover with existing family.. though if she considered the god machine her father.. she could say the same thing.. how amusing.*

Jason Strode
"Ahh, bad parents: ruining peoples' childhoods and keeping mental health professionals rolling in cash since the beginning of time. God bless them, every one."

Ms. Fire
She almost sneered yes.. 'God' indeed. "Well he's no longer my problem.. part of why I came here."

Jason Strode
"As people with horrible parents, we are obligated by some eldritch old law to exchange our traumatic childhood stories. You wanna go first, or should I?"

Ms. Fire
"I'd rather not." While she certainly was.. well informed on her cover's past.. she didn't want to manufacture anything that could be particularly troublesome.

Jason Strode
"Fair enough. I'll spill mine because I really like making sure everyone knows my parents are assholes, and because i'm really hoping that tales of my loveless childhood combined with you personally witnessing me put a drugged-up hemovore in a chokehold will trigger the culturally and biologically-ingrained desire all women have to view me as an attractive potential mate and say yes when I ask you out on a date immediately afterward. You've been warned."

Ms. Fire
*snerk* Gonna have to shoot you down there, not really into the dating scene... but feel free to share anyways.

Jason Strode
"You know, you are making human behavior experts the world over very sad right now. I mean, what kinda girl turns down a burly doctor with an amazing sense of humor?" he tsked, grinning the whole time "Well....to make a long story of poor parental instincts short, my mom and dad are super-rich asshole realtors who actively avoided interacting with me for most of my childhood unless it was convenient for them to keep up appearances. Also, I recently discovered that my mom nearly abandoned me at a convenience store when I was a newborn."

"But fear not. I called them out on their shit when they - surprisingly - visited me in the hospital and inflicted criplling guilt on my dad. Totally used my shrink powers for evil and not good there."

Ms. Fire
"eesh. At least I never knew my mother to begin with..." she paused "Oh no.. such horrors.. such shame for embracing the dark side.. *she chuckled* "I can't really blame you for that.. honestly people like that deserve a punch in the face. Adminsitered daily, with gusto."

Jason Strode
"Well, considering they also put me in Arkadia when I was sixteen, i'd agree. But i'm not a violent guy, so they shall forever go unpunched."

Ms. Fire
"meh, just means you have someone else do it for you." she smiled a bit "Not me though... I'm trying to.. avoid that kind of stuff.. not that I'm doing a good job of that if the othe rngiht was of any consideration.

Jason Strode
"Might not wanna hang around me. I'm a magnet for all sorts of weird, violent people. It's an occupational hazard."

Ms. Fire
"So am I it would seem.." She chuckled bitterly. Yeah she certainly fit that bill to a T.

Jason Strode
"Well, shit. In that case maybe we should hang out together. Mutual assistance with potentially murderous individuals seems like it'd be helpful."

Ms. Fire
*she chuckles* Only if you don't complain if I set one or two on fire. I can only take so much 'asshole' before I get out the lighter fluid and matches.

Jason Strode
"That's oddly specific, but it's a deal."

Ms. Fire
*chuckles* Good.... *she smiled outwardly as if she had been joking about setting someone on fire. Of course she really wasn't joking.. but he didnt need to know that.*

Jason Strode
"So, in all this talking you have managed to tell me absolutely nothing about you except the vague and totally unsurprising insinuation that your parents sucked. Are you trying to be mysterious and enticing, or does it just happen naturally?"
Ms. Fire
I am a woman, I belive that answers your question? *she smirked*

Jason Strode
"You just set women back thirty years with that extremely sexist statement. I would be super triggered if I didn't totally agree with that logic."

Ms. Fire
Sexist to who? *she arched a brow* People make a big deal out of things they really shouldn't. I rally can't get behind the.. SJW whatever crowd or the.. whatever thier opposites are.. a joke is a joke so long as you don't aim to do real harm then the most you ow anyone offended is 'maybe' an appology.

Jason Strode
"Don't tell anyone, but: I can't either. There are WAY too many people who have no sense of humor but a well-developed sense of moral outrage. I mean, how does nobody look at the universe we live in at not just...laugh? It's clearly an awful hellscape, and if there is a god that god is an apathetic prick at best and a sadistic asshole at worst. I'm betting on apathetic, though - a wise man once said 'never attribute to malice what can be explained by plain old apathy and stupidity'."

Of course, he knew there was a god..or a goddess, as the case may be.

Ms. Fire
Well she could say more on 'god' certainly... "I was thinking more like a sociopath.. those are the ones without normal empathy right? Only doing things that benifit him and not really caring if he hurts others."

Jason Strode
"You're more or less right. We're still debating where the line is between 'sociopath' and 'psychopath'. Or if there even is a line. My money's on 'no line', and i say that as an individual who has personal experience with severe mental illness and emotional disorders."

Ms. Fire
"probably something more along the lines of.. a.. ah..." she paused as if to think about what the proper term would be.. "a spectrum? So its more like degrees of severity?"

Jason Strode
"That's what the research shows. But the people doing the research clearly haven't taken their data from Arkadia asylum where everyone either makes a miraculous recovery or never makes any progress at all, and hired a former patient as a doctor. Suspiciously convenient, eh?" Clearly, Jason was dangerously genre-savvy.

"Maybe i'm just paranoid and it's just some incredibly skilful application of mental healthcare techniques, though."

Yeah, right.

Ms. Fire
and now that good ol' fashioned paranoia creeps in.. enemies at every gate right? "That is... extremely odd..."

Jason Strode
"Yes, It is extremely fucking odd. So why is nobody getting all concernicus about that very inconsistent treatment record? that is the question sixteen-year-old me asked while I was being drugged into unconsciousness in that very asylum. Why? Why does nobody do anything about this? But the answer eluded me then, and it still does."

Ms. Fire
"For most.. normal people.. they don't want to think about it.. erratic record aside they don't even want to think about the Asylum and what it represents.. so they block out any and all information about it and go about their day. Others think that certainly somone else has noticed and nothing has happened so everything 'Must' be fine... which leaves.. well those who are either in on it.. or are being controlled by some outside force."

Jason Strode
"You are a very smart woman. So, having come to those conclusions what should an altruistic and lethally-curious individual such as myself do about this? Obviously any authority figure would be useless, if not actively hostile. So how does one go about helping people who everyone believes are dangerous to themselves and others? Who is responsible for it? And why would they even bother torturing mentally-ill people? For the lulz? These are questions I ask myself daily, and i intend to find the answers to those questions."

He finished his coffee then, grinning "Curious may have killed the cat but i can promise you i'll be next, heh."

Ms. Fire
*chuckles* can't really say what to do.. myfirst instinct is o see whats making the system tick and break it. And whent he dust settles sweep up the remains and build somehting better in its place.

Jason Strode
"I like the way you think. Now, there's a point to this line of conversation. I need an outside perpsective before i dive head-first into what is very likely a sinister conspiracy. It's easy to miss something obvious when you think you're smarter than the other guys. So tell me, from where you're sitting what crucial detail am i missing that could get me killed?"

Ms. Fire
"Things dont happen for no reason. Conspiracies are like machines.... the more complicated they are the more likely they're going to fail.. and fail spectacularly." she pursed her lips as she fiddled with now empty coffee cup. "But I'm still not seeing the machine's output... its.. purpose... mentally ill people go in, some come out cured, some stay in forever. What happens with the cured people? Who benefits?"

Jason Strode
"That's what i'm trying to figure out. What's the end goal? Knowing that will give me an idea what i'm looking for instead of chasing rumors. I really wish the individuals involved in this little conspiracy would just toss me a convenient expositional monologue or something, because this detective crap is really hard."

"i mean, where's the artistry? Don't they know proper villains are supposed to exposit? inconsiderate fuckers."
Ms. Fire
"I'm not much good at the detective shill." she chuckles "If you have access to the recordsof the cured.. try cross referencing them with known families and companies... are they now all CEOs, or do they all work at burger joints like mindless drones? There will be outliers of course.. but they would be the exception not the rule. Note who is stuck there forever." she smiled "Villains have no class these days."

Jason Strode
"I'm already working that angle, but it isn't actually that easy to get access to patient records for patients i'm not actually treating. Hollywood has misled us horribly." he grinned "You know, if i'm technically the tenacious protagonist you probably just made yourself the vulnerable friend and sidekick who will undoubtedly be kidnapped or at least threatened and used against me. You sure you still wanna be my friend?"

Ms. Fire
"They will be sorely disapointed when I forcefully 'inform' them that I do not do the 'damsel in distress' thing." she chuckled

Jason Strode
"i dunno, i think you could sell it. I mean, you've definitely got the looks for it."

Ms. Fire
"wouldn't want to get sued for false advertsiing." she smirked

Jason Strode
"Well on the off chance you do get abducted or something, do me a solid and ask a lot of questions. Get the badguys monologuing and find out their evil plan."

"For now though, i've got youtube videos to watch, so i'll have to bid you adieu."
Ms. Fire
*she smiled and waved* goodnight!

Tags:

Return to “Brunswick village”