Jason Strode Character Journal

The Location in which you submit your character's actions and request beats to gain experience and growth.

Moderator: Jakondite

Eternal Darkness

Jason Strode Character Journal

Postby Eternal Darkness » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:27 pm

19-20 July, 2017 - First Time IC, met Dagon

Management:
07/20/2017 2:53 am New Haven Asylum has entered the Private Room 1
Management:
07/20/2017 2:53 am Jason Strode has changed rooms to Private Room 1
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 2:55 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) (Uno Momento, and I will make a setting :D)
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 2:55 am (Whisper to New Haven Asylum) No hurry.
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 2:59 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) .
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 3:06 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) New Haven Asylum.

The name alone was enough to send chills down the spine of any who might be threatened with being forced to come here. It was never really given a good reputation but then - what Asylum was? It was the madhouse, the place where people sent the people they didn't want to deal with - people too dangerous to be in polite society... and people who knew and saw too much.

From the outside, it's rather beautiful. An estate set upon an Island, composed of multiple wings and centers. The only way to properly reach the Island was by ferry - and the travel off the island had to be ordered. There was never any ships that were not there to pick up a specific doctor or otherwise. Still, despite that - as though they thought the inmates might try to swim to freedom - the entire area still maintains a towering, iron fence which wraps around it - almost as large as the buildings themselves.

The staff were not very enthused by your return - at least, not in it's current capacity. Only two members really seemed interested in your presence here - the Doctor who hired you, and the Doctor who treated you - the latter of which you had not had the opportunity to see since you left. You still remember the cold air that always hung around the man, how he only ever really had his meetings with you after hours. An unusual practice, to say the least.

Your office was in the Northeast Wing. As a new hire, you'd been given a keycard that allowed you access to the staff locations, as well as to every room in that Wing (though you needed a different card for other wings). You were informed never to lose that card, because without it it could be incredibly easy to get locked into one of the rooms. Naturally, the staff did routine checks, but if say you were to be caught in an area after that check? You might be waiting an entire day before they found you.
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 3:06 am New Haven Asylum.

The name alone was enough to send chills down the spine of any who might be threatened with being forced to come here. It was never really given a good reputation but then - what Asylum was? It was the madhouse, the place where people sent the people they didn't want to deal with - people too dangerous to be in polite society... and people who knew and saw too much.

From the outside, it's rather beautiful. An estate set upon an Island, composed of multiple wings and centers. The only way to properly reach the Island was by ferry - and the travel off the island had to be ordered. There was never any ships that were not there to pick up a specific doctor or otherwise. Still, despite that - as though they thought the inmates might try to swim to freedom - the entire area still maintains a towering, iron fence which wraps around it - almost as large as the buildings themselves.

The staff were not very enthused by your return - at least, not in it's current capacity. Only two members really seemed interested in your presence here - the Doctor who hired you, and the Doctor who treated you - the latter of which you had not had the opportunity to see since you left. You still remember the cold air that always hung around the man, how he only ever really had his meetings with you after hours. An unusual practice, to say the least.

Your office was in the Northeast Wing. As a new hire, you'd been given a keycard that allowed you access to the staff locations, as well as to every room in that Wing (though you needed a different card for other wings). You were informed never to lose that card, because without it it could be incredibly easy to get locked into one of the rooms. Naturally, the staff did routine checks, but if say you were to be caught in an area after that check? You might be waiting an entire day before they found you.
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:13 am Jason was working the late shift as the resident doctor on-staff tonight, there to attend to any emergencies and patients who needed to be treated after normal hours. He was still amazed at the journey that had brought him back here, the one that led him to put up the facade of a successfully-treated patient and become a doctor himself. He was even more surprised that the asylum had actually accepted his resume when he applied for the position here, but the reasoning became apparent when he thought about it - he was their most prominent success story. Proof that their treatment methods were effective. And now, he was a resident of a different kind.
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:17 am Right now, Jason was walking the halls of the asylum, peering down the halls of the northeast wing while the other Doctor peered out through his eyes, making his displeasure known. Jason could feel his disapproval in the form of a burning in his veins as poison welled up int hem, ready to seep forth at a moment's notice to administer treatment to anyone who needed it. His horror was hungry, and that needed to be dealt with soon. It was time to find out who'd been misbehaving.
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 3:24 am They don't hide it either. They look down on you as much as they always had - not a peer. A patient. The statement that the mad were running the madhouse had become a staple of a joke when his name came up - not that he was 'running' much of anything yet, but who knew? If your ambitions were high enough.

Walking through, you see someone who is not supposed to be in the hallway - an individual who is neither patient, nor doctor, nor any form of staff. And if he is, then you've not seen him in any such capacity - but it's not that fact that really makes the old man resting against the wall stand out.

He's like you. You can see it the moment you lay eyes on his wrinkled old skin. The presence, like looking at a shadow - of a massive, voidless creature of form and shape nearly impossible to define. A fishlike entity, with scales like razors, teeth that seemed like they could fill up this hallway, and tentacles that seemed almost as though they served no purpose. If a scientist were to look at the creature and compose themselves enough, they might question the necessity of many of the functions of this alien creature. The old Makara though, he looks at you - and offers a smile.
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:30 am "I didn't know I should be expecting visitors." Jason smiled at the unknown intruder. He always smiled; the Doctor liked happy patients, after all. "Is this a social call...or did you need my professional services?"
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:30 am Jason kept a respectful and wary distance; not all of the Children were necessarily friendly, after all.
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 3:31 am "You might call it a social call. A whim, ultimately. The ocean around here stirred just a little more strange than usual - as though it'd found a familiar face." The old man chuckled and then said, "I'll admit I was curious as to which creature had chosen to make it's residence here, and if it was intentional."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:35 am "Where else would a doctor do his work except a place with a lot of people in need of healing? I really couldn't have chosen any other place. Besides, the asylum and me know eachother intimately, you know?"
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 3:37 am There is a soft chuckle, and said, "It is a very interesting location - I will give it that." There is a pause, and he said, "Is there a place we can talk without the chance of passerbys? I would rather not be confused as one of the inmates. Things would become unnecessarily messy if one of the doctors were to try to facilitate me."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:41 am He nodded "The orderlies on duty are probably too busy doing lines in the staff room to even notice, but you've got a point. Follow me to my office." and then he turned on his feel and started back the way he'd come, heading toward the aforementioned office "Suffice it to say, i'm not impressed by the quality of care here."
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 3:43 am He laughed and then said, "I don't think the 'care' is the point of this little location." He smiled, moving with the other Beast casually - easily, despite his decripid appearing form. "I still remember when there was only one building on this little island. How it's grown with the times..."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:49 am While Jason walked and talked with his unexpected company, the Doctor paced uneasily and assessed the other primordial horror in its vicinity. Not much worried the doctor, and that made Jason smile a little more. They reached the door to his office, it's shiny new golden plaque right next to it embossed with 'Dr. Jason Strode' clearly identifying it as his, and stepped inside, closing and lockingthe door behind them once his guest was in. He took a seat behind his desk in the old leather office chair that had no doubt been used by dozens of residents before him and turned the computer monitor on it sideways to have an unobstructed view, then motioned for his guest to have a seat in the chair across from him. "I get the feeling you didn't just come to say hello. So be straight with me: what's up?"
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:51 am Nobody would ever accuse Jason of beating around the bush; he was as straightforward as a person could be.
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 3:54 am He chuckled and then said, "You'd be surprised. Sometimes, that's all it is." He grins and said, "When you've existed as long as I have, child - you tend to make it a point to get to know the creatures around you that could be useful, and that could be threats. I felt an entity in the waters around here - probably you as you crossed the ferry - and felt the need to investigate further."

He reached out a hand, which - to other eyes - might seem like an appendage with two claws in strange places and tendrils for fingers - and still the wrong number at that. "They call me Dagon. I own these waters."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 3:56 am Jason nodded at that and extended his own hand to shake; he'd heard about Dagon, and the monster before him lived up to the stories. "So, the legend himself. No wonder the Doctor's so uneasy tonight."
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 3:58 am There is a smile, and said, "The Doctor?"

His hand is cold. Not cold as in no body heat, but cold like many old men's hands get because they don't have enough fat there. It's also wet, or oily, or... no, wait... is it?
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:02 am "My silent partner." Jason said, slightly unnerved, though he didn't show it. He hadn't had much contact with other Begotten, so he was unprepared for the sensation. "He's a little territorial. I guess we all are in our own ways."
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:04 am The creature watches you for a moment, and then says, "You think there is a difference between you and he?"
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:07 am "No, but you believed did for a second there." Jason's face widened into a rictus grin for a moment, and he let out a laugh that would have chilled the average person's blood. "They say laughter is the best medicine, and i'm all about administering plenty of that."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:08 am (*Believed i did)
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:16 am He paused a moment, and did, actually, laugh. Once he was done, he said, "The Laughing Doctor. I like that. I like that a lot, actually." A smile crosses his face - the same smile shows on the horror, only on half of it. "And you came to this place because... were you born here? Or did the allure of the shadows in this place call to you?"
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:19 am "I like you. You've got a good sense of humor." then he thought about the question asked. He didn't know how to really answer it "I go where people need Treatment, and plenty of people here need it in the worst way. Most of the madmen here have staff ID badges."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:19 am "I plan on cleaning house and putting certain individuals where they belong."
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:26 am "Careful of the bones you trip over on the way." He paused a moment, and said, "Alright then. That is fine then - I will keep note of your presence as you cross my waters. Are you the only of the Mother's children who have found their way here, besides it's locals?"
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:28 am "So far as I know. If there's any other family around, i haven't seen hide nor tentacle of them." he thought for a moment, and added "Speaking of bones and water - can i ask you a small favor while you're here?"
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:29 am "You can ask, though all things have a price to be considered."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:32 am "Whatever the price is i'm probably willing to pay it. What i wanted to ask is if you'd make sure anybody who 'accidentally' falls into your waters and goes under doesn't come back up. I'm a forward-thinking kind of monster, and there's a not-inconsiderable chance i might not have any other way to deal with some of the problems i run into here."
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:39 am There is a chuckle, and said, "I can accommodate - though there will be contingencies if it involves our Kin. There are some individuals to which have prior arrangements."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:41 am "If i get into that kind of situation with Kin, then i'm willing to bet you'll be the first one to know about it anyway. And if you need someone to go away for a long time, i'll be happy to make that happen for you. After all, everybody has issues."
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:43 am He nods, and says, "Very well. Do you have a brood?"
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:44 am He shook his head "All by my lonesome out here. I wouldn't mind making friends, though. Can't ever have too many of those."
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:50 am He nods, and said, "Wander the Hive a bit. You will run into a few interesting fellows. We're smaller on the ground than a number of our kin but then..." He smiled, "Humanity always has nightmares, and we - we go as we please." He smiled and said, "I should head back to the ocean. But - if you have any questions I would not hesitate to ask the waters. You never know who might answer."
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:51 am "I'll have a look around, then. And learn how to swim." his grin widened "Take care of yourself, old man. And don't be a stranger. "
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:56 am "I doubt I will be. There is an individual here who has peaked my interest, so I like to check on him every now and then. The next time I come here, why not take the time to tell me how your legend has grown?" He smiles, and moves to the door
Jason Strode:
07/20/2017 4:58 am "I'll make sure i've got some stories to tell you." then he got up himself and went back to making rounds
Management:
07/20/2017 4:58 am Jason Strode has left the Private Room 1
New Haven Asylum:
07/20/2017 4:58 am (And scene! :D)
Management:
07/20/2017 5:03 am Jason Strode has changed rooms to Private Room 1

Eternal Darkness

Re: Jason Strode Character Journal

Postby Eternal Darkness » Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:29 pm

22 July 2017 - Vampire attack, first time meeting Eris, Marcus, and Ms. Fire. Jason hospitalized.

I BELIEVE JASON QUALIFIES FOR TWO MILESTONE BEATS BFROM THIS SCENE
-Meet and Identify your First "Other"
-Create or witness the creation of a new chamber

Management:
07/22/2017 3:56 am Eris has entered the Downtown
Management:
07/22/2017 3:57 am Ms. Fire has changed rooms to Downtown
Management:
07/22/2017 3:57 am Jason Strode has changed rooms to Downtown
Management:
07/22/2017 3:58 am QuicksilverFox85 has entered the Downtown
QuicksilverFox85:
07/22/2017 3:58 am (Quick question to help me decide: daytime or nighttime scene?)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:00 am (Either if okay with me.)
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:00 am (either is fine *nod nod*)
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:00 am *Well... it had been a while since she got out this late... but.. what with the evil painting and the stress she HAD to get out, she JUST had to get out. SO... there she was, walking the streets, way off curfew, and pondering where to go... probably races, or she could phone Adrien... humm...

She was a teenager, through and through, her mat of red hair was done in an artfully messy tail, locks lose in curls here and there to look JUST right. Green eyes looking throughfully ahead as she hummed 'I'm an Albatrouz' to herself. She had on tight jeans, with a short deep blue blouse, those kind of blouse that made a V by the shoulders, so it had seelves but let them on the seen. And she was wearing boots, becasue... boots were in vogue! you know those kind of 'cargo' boots that had inside hidden heel and were all girly and nothing combat*
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:01 am ((hum...eyes post* night? unless you rather day LOL I am NOT trying to get in trouble))
QuicksilverFox85:
07/22/2017 4:03 am (Night works for me. *grin*)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:05 am Jason was likewise out and about downtown with no particular aim in mind, dressed in jeans and neon-green sneakers with a matching green shirt made of one of those silky, moisture-wicking materials designed for people who planned on sweating a lot (or just being wet). Not a bad choice of attire given New Haven's typical weather.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:10 am Alicia was actually on her motorbike, and as such was dressed head to toe in black and red biking leathers. She was.. well exploring the city.. trying to get a good feel for the 'lay of the land' as such.... of course a kid out at this hour did strike her as odd.. it wasn' really.. unusual...
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:10 am He would almost be hard to spot at first, a slim-figured man wearing a jacket with the hood resting on his back sitting on a park bench. Unlike most who sat idly by poking around on a cell phone or the like he watched those who walked past him, hazel eyes piercing in their intensity.

As Eris made her way downtown she would get the feeling of something setting off those special senses of hers, although finding the source would take some searching...
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:11 am (And damn you, now i have that song stuck in my head)
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:11 am ((jijiji))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:13 am Purely by coincidence, Jason passed Eris and heard her humming the tune to one of his favorite songs, which drew his attention from his own thoughts of how he'd entertain himself just long enough to make him look at her as they passed and smirk, remembering when he used to do much the same thing as a teenager
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:14 am *A faint of a pout, why nights were so booooring, WHO invented nights anyhow, mean OBVIOUSLY they were not meant for sleeping.... just look at how many people were out!!! oh... neon green and she looked over to the man wearing it... really? green AND neon? well maybe he was trying not to get run over by a car while jo... oh a bike! coooooool, she should S totatly get leather pants... wait tha tmight get the wrong idea on Jack... he might ground her... oh Glittery!!! she looked around... and thusly totally tripped with the person poking at a phone who she SO didn't see*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:14 am (Whisper to Eris) If she's supernatural and isn't using some kind of power to conceal her supernatural-ness, lemme know.
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:15 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) oh... she is =) and she... is..... well kinda atuned to what she calls 'Glitter' but nothing active))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:16 am (Whisper to Eris) well then, guess we got a clash of wills. Bests just kidna auto-detect supers when they see them.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:17 am *she slowed and puased when she saw the girl trip over the person at the bench.. she laughed internally, although her demeanor only showed concern over the girl's wellbeing.
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:17 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) clash of wills?))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:18 am (Whisper to Eris) For a mage it'll be Gnosis + highest arcana rating in whatever concealing power she's using
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:19 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) She is not using any power *G* at all =) ))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:19 am "You should be more careful. You'll walk into traffic or something." he said to the apparently distracted girl
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:19 am (Whisper to Eris) oh, well then forget all that :)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:21 am (Whisper to Eris) er actually..what's her composure?
Management:
07/22/2017 4:22 am Eris has left the Downtown
Management:
07/22/2017 4:22 am Eris has entered the Downtown
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:22 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) 3
Management:
07/22/2017 4:22 am Jason Strode has rolled an Family Resemblance - roll (3 dice), getting 3, 9, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has 1 success.
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:23 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) *=) * remember to wait for MArcus to post, I did trip on him *S*))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:24 am (Whisper to Eris) He knows she's a Mage and how much Mana she currently has ^_^ not that she's aware of that fact.

And thanks, i will.
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:26 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Marcus Sorensen) yup! *hides* not my fault he is hard to see ;) ))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:26 am (Whisper to Eris) And in case you've never heard the awesome nightcore remix of I'm an Albatraoz:

https://youtu.be/QFuiaQ6g5o0
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:27 am As she tripped the man's hand shot out to catch her, his reflexes impressive indeed. He looked up to her with the ghost of a smile on his face, his voice whisper quiet as he spoke. "Careful there."
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:28 am (Whisper to Marcus Sorensen) Do i need to do family resemblance for him as well?
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:29 am *Well she went down with a not so 'mature'* eeep! *and down on her butt... after well kinda rolling sidewas over pour guy on bench... or.. rather got caught! and she... smiled sheepishly* sorry! I just got dist.. uh? *a blink to JAson,, blinkblink* ooh... traffic is WAAAAY off *making a gesture, another blink and she looks around to mae SURE traffic was way off.. was she at the corner? nop, she had not been paying attention -at all-*
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:29 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) ooh! cooool! and I think I has very little mana... baby mage here))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:29 am (Whisper to Eris) Np, thanks. That's all it tells him.
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:31 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) nightcore sometimes creeps me out))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:31 am "Wow, nice reflexes."
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:32 am *watching only made hr concern grow a bit more, and she allowed he rbike to roll toward the gathering. She'd feel.. guilty... yes.. Guilty if something were to happen to the young lady and she didn't at least try to ascertain whether or not she was 'safe' with these two men. The suprising reflexes of the man on the bench did little to assure her.*
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:33 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) He is a supernatural, so prolly
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:34 am (Whisper to Marcus Sorensen) ty. What's his composure?
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:34 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) 2
Management:
07/22/2017 4:35 am Jason Strode has rolled an I see ya, fam (family resemblance) roll (4 dice), getting 1, 10, 8, 9, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has 3 successes.
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:35 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Nice. What all does that tell him?
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:35 am (Whisper to Marcus Sorensen) Supernatural type, and how 'hungry' he is - i.e., how much Mana/Essence/Blood he has
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:36 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Vampire, and topped up
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:37 am "Thank you." He nodded to Jason at the compliment, then looked to Eris. "Still, you should be careful. Never know what will sneak up on you sometimes."
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:37 am He nodded in agreement with the other man "Yeah, keep your eyes open. People get all kinds of bad stuff happening to them down here after dark."
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:41 am *she... blinked again* hum ... maybe I meant to trip? *yea right, suuuure* mean... how can you don't get distracted, there is the super ultar cool bike *motiointing to the cool lady with the slowing down bike* with the sasy lady, adn then the neo.. why green? are you making sure you don't get run over by a car? mean I could see why, but neon is not really in vogue, maybe a nice blue would fit you better, mean is sassy, is cool, is in vogue. unless you don't mind pink, pink is SO in now a day.. though then agian it might be as bad as neon, dunno I'm trying to decide about that yet...*and a peek to Marcus* and sorry, really, mean black on black, you know? is haaard to pin point, once I stepeed on a black cat's tail, and don't get me started with the baaaad luck it scratched me! then I, of course, had to find it milk to make it up for it, mean pour cat, it was HIS tail, it followed me for a week, and I tried to get my Mom to let me keep it... but noooo so I had to find him a home, turned out Amanda liked cats, eh became the faaaaates cat ever.... wait... do I have to get you milk now? I dind't step on you, did I? *hum! *
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:43 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Eventually she would come up on the trio. "everything alright there?" she nodded to Eris "You were like.. 1 second away from being a funny video clip on youtube." she chuckled as she lifted her visor...
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:43 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) ((oops))
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:43 am Eventually she would come up on the trio. "everything alright there?" she nodded to Eris "You were like.. 1 second away from being a funny video clip on youtube." she chuckled as she lifted her visor...
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:45 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire) Do i need yet another family resemblance roll?
Management:
07/22/2017 4:46 am Ms. Fire has rolled an Why yes I am a fellow human. (spoof roll) roll (7 dice), getting 4, 1, 5, 8, 6, 6, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Ms. Fire has 2 successes.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:46 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Nope, she reads as human =3
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:47 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Be glad, she's ademon.. could devolve into a pissing match of epic proportions
Management:
07/22/2017 4:48 am Jason Strode has rolled an clash them wills, homey roll (5 dice), getting 8, 3, 8, 5, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has 2 successes.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:48 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire) ah disregard then
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:48 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire) LOL, i figured
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 4:49 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) You dont get CoW on a spoof roll anyways.. that happens when she fails.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:49 am (And to save time - jason seems very LIKEABLE to supernatural types, excluding the one person who is totallyanormalhumanmovealongnothingtoseehere)
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:52 am "No, you didn't." Marcus chuckled softly, shaking his head before looking to Ms. Fire. "No harm, no foul."
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 4:52 am "...i like green...is it that bad?" and then the lady on the cool bike strolled up "Yep, just a four-way collision between what i'm guessing are a bunch of super-bored people."
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:55 am oh *she sigheD* good, I don't think people like milk, well not everyone, though milk is really not supsoed to be good for anyone avobe the three year old.... someone said that.. who did? *she stopped, thinking back, then as hrug* probably a teacher, they are so, yes! *looking ot JAson+ boring... really what is THERE to do! nothing! why did anyone created night, people really don't sleep, well maybe kids.... but that is because parents make kids sleep *she is SO totatly not a kid* but think about it, you are there, laying, on a bed, doing... nooooothing.... that IS boring, unles syou have a nightmares, and nightmares although NOT boring are not really cool, so why bother! well unless you have to...*she frowned* guess someitngs you have to.. mean one would go crasy without sleep, rght? somoene said that once *who, oh! mom... oi, change subject, she smiled to Ms. Fire* sorry, was distracted, tripped, but I dind't step on his toes... I guess is good people don't have tails...
Eris:
07/22/2017 4:56 am oh! *and to Jason* no green is not bad, but.... I dunno ther eis something about neon green... you know? is like, a flassh light to flash cars and say, I'm here, don't run me down.. but is cool. I once had a green dress...*a stop* I think it burned...
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 4:59 am "I was not bored, personally, but I am not opposed to the conversation." That ghostly smile crossed his features again, giving a small nod to Jason. The trio would have to be rather close to hear him, due to the whisper-quiet tone of his voice. "I am Marcus, by the way."
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 5:00 am ".. well he's not Day-glo green at least..." she chuckled softly "nothing wrong with making sure you're visible at night...." She raised an eyebrow as Eris rambled on.. something about late hours bringing out the strangest people... granted she had to count herself in that category.. heh... but they dont know that. "Glad to hear you're okay..." she chuckled again "Alicia." she offered after marcus, introduced himself.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:00 am "Nightmares aren't so bad. You can learn a lot from what you fear, or so they told me in school." and then he realized nobody had introduced themselves, so he should probably do that, and he stuck a hand out to each of them in turn "Dr. jason Strode. I'm a psychiatrist, so don't pay attention when i say weird stuff like that. It's force of habit." although he did wonder how she managed to set her dress on fire...that was bound to be an interesting story.
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:05 am Eris *she smiled, taking any offered hand* supsoe not everyone gets bored *she hummmed and flopped to sit, not exactly NEXT to MArcus because that would be rude, but sit* sorry for interrupting what eve ryou were doing Mr. Marcus *... hum.. Day-glo.. yea, I guess they are WROSE greens... oh I once saw this puke me not horrible green sweater, it had stones on it, and it was SOOOO horrible I figured I should buy it just to show it, but then it would be a waste of money and I really wanted a skirt, so I dind't, but it should have had a place in the ugly museum *she nodd... eeek!* pshink! I dind't do it! *ooops... wait... smile* mean... hi
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:11 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire) btw, i've been reading Demon lately and considering making one. Any advice or insights to offer? they seem cool, but i like to get others' take on stuff before i try to play it and do it badly :P
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 5:12 am "Not to worry. Was just doing some people-watching." He nodded quietly. "A pleasure to meet you all."
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 5:12 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) They're fun.. uhm.. no amazing insights at this time XD
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:18 am "Blech...even my fashion sense isn't bad enough to buy something that awful-looking." he said in response to eris' tale of the puke-green sweater "So since we're all here and introduced, we may as well entertain eachother while we all people-watch. Anybody aside from Eris have a good story?"
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 5:24 am "Ehh.. not really?" she replied as she cut off her bike's engine. "Nothing really worth repeating anyways..."
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:26 am hum.... everyone has got something to tell...mean if not life would be boring *she moved, shifting from sitin on the bench to get up and sit on the bech's back, a blink* what is peole REALLY when they are people-watching? *now that she thought about it* does that mean you are stalking EVERYONE? or just curious about people in general, why would you people watch? isn't it boring, mean, they just go and come, but you don't really get to know anything becasue.. you -just- watch.... would it be the same for bird watching? mean THAT sure has GOT to be boring... you can't even move or the birds spook off!
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 5:29 am "Stalking is a somewhat harsh term." He chuckled softly. "You can learn quite a lot, actually. Connections to other people, how they treat others that they meet, that kind of thing. Can be rather interesting."
Management:
07/22/2017 5:30 am Scenery has entered the Downtown
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 5:31 am And then you see someone who is the walking equivalent to a human trainwreck... *chuckles*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:31 am once again, he found himself agreeing with Marcus "Yeah, that's the best way to see what someone's really like. People act naturally when they don't think they're being observed. They got lost in their own routine and just don't *see* anything outside themselves."
Scenery:
07/22/2017 5:31 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Ms. Fire, Marcus Sorensen, Eris) (Alright - so where are we, scene wise? And, since there are four people here - is it unwise to add a fifth? I mostly ask because the moment I clicked in my net died, so it may be trying to tell me something LOL)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:32 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire, Marcus Sorensen, Eris, Scenery) They're all just chilling near a bench conversing merrily and people-watching :P
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 5:32 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Ms. Fire, Eris, Scenery) Random bench in the downtown area. Marcus and Eris are sitting, the other two are standing
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:33 am *humm*she looked to MArcus, then to Jason, then to Marcus* buuut wouldn't it better to just go at ... talk? mean.... watch, watch, watch..... you are missing the most exciting bit! for instance if I hadn't crashed with you, JAson would have not stopped nor Alice would have come and we would not be talking and we would have off kept of into the boring night! *and a blink* uuh.... I haven't werekced any trains...+not yet... nop.... wait. how would you werak a train, that has GOT to be difficult....
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:33 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Ms. Fire, Marcus Sorensen, Scenery) ((it wasnt my fault!))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:34 am "My patients taught me that much. People think that just because someone's mentally ill they're stupid and unobservant, but that's very untrue. Nobody pays attention like a paranoid schizophrenic, heh."
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 5:36 am "You learn different things from talking with someone." He nodded quietly. "And I do, on occassion. Like tonight, for example."
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 5:39 am *she chuckles slightly* Indeed.. just watching people doesnt tell you much about them most times.. people do have thie r'off days' and such..
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:41 am *she hummms. perking in her chair a bit and looking around, like if something had distarcted her... surprise... a bit of a scrunching of her nose* mean... I would get really bored just by staying seated *she moved, siting on the proper becnh, then standing up, then sitting again* how do you STAY still *another look around, fine, fine, she made a little face, as she Concentrated for a moment, trying to pierce into the shapes the Glitter was making to check what... IT was doing*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:45 am "Oh, i dunno...maybe its because of my line of work, but I learn a lot about most people without ever saying a word to them. In fact the only person who ever just gave me nothing is currently present. Alicia, you are like an enigma on a kickass bike. I am intrigued."
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 5:45 am With the Sight active, Eris would notice that the effect seemed to be centered around Marcus. She still couldn't say what exactly it was, though...

"By learning not to fidget." He smiled slightly, looking over to Eris. "Or not being inclined to it in the first place."
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 5:47 am *chuckles* I'm just a freshman student at the College here... late start aside.. I'm not particularly remarkable.. heck the harley I'm riding is more noteworthy."
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:50 am *she looked to Jason* so... what did you learnt from MArcus and me? *curious, then a blink to MArcus, hummm.... she was SO curious now!!!!! ok! She sat again, and made to stay still* alright! not fidget! *and she stayed still... SO very still.. for one... two... three...a little sound and she started twitching, four.. five* aaahg! really?! how LOOONG have you stayd still?! *turning to MArcus* how CAN you stayl still! what if your nose itches? what if you have to go to the bathroom? what if a fly flies into your nose!
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:50 am (Whisper to Eris) She using mage sight?
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:51 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) ((yup she did *nod*))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:52 am (Whisper to Eris) She might see his Horror superimpose dover him, depending on the variety of sight shes using.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:54 am "My parents didn't tolerate a fidgety kid. I got very good at staying out of sight and out of mind. not that it was hard..."
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:56 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) ((*Asks, cause something still confuse me*oh.. no... his horror exactly says st =) ))
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 5:57 am "Quite a while, if need be." He let out a quiet chuckle. "If something causes irritation you can stop it easily enough in most cases."
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:57 am (Whisper to Eris) Then she sees this kinda over him, like a transparent image from a projector: http://i.imgur.com/DDP0JZT.jpg
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:58 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) ((MEW MEW ! ok... no mistunderst, St said she would not see his horror exactly! and *eyes piccie* that is a good thing..... ))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 5:59 am (Whisper to Eris) LOL. lemme know what info yiu need, then.
Eris:
07/22/2017 5:59 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) hum.. ok! if you HAD to put your char in a sotry, what kind of character would he be in the sotry?))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:02 am (Whisper to Eris) He'd be the misunderstood villain. A monster in human form.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:02 am Tonight was just an interesting night, for one Tyrese Burns. You go out clubbing, you find this smoking hot babe, and you can't help but take her outside. Things get a little hot and heavy - next thing you know, your waking up in a dumpster, beneath a heap of trash - and hungry, oh so very hungry.

It was a problem, too - because he'd lost his wallet. He guessed she took that with her too when she... what? What exactly had she done? He couldn't remember anything except her lips on his, and then black, black, blackness all around. Perhaps it's coincidence that causes him to smell something - something delicious, something that he can't put his finger on. He can hear his own heartbeat in his ears, resonating - and a powerful, powerful irritation inside of him - like if he doesn't eat, and now, he may well attack someone to get food. Desperation?

He comes out - out of a nearby alleyway, not too far from the rest of the group. A car rushes by and he smells a sweet smell before he's splashed heavily with the waters of a nearby puddle. Great. Just... fucking great. But at least the smell doesn't leave him - he's surprised he can smell it himself, with the garbage over him. Still - he'd follow it, if he could just have a god damned meal...
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:04 am *she hummed* its boring *she moved, unnalbe to stay 'still' any more! ooh! what is that Glittelr around AMrcus! she wasnt to figure out but she isn't sure how! and and and... a peek to Jason, opening her mmouth, then closing it.... then opening... then closing it... what was she about to say?.... uhmmm... why is she thinking in JEkyl and Hyde now?.... well humm... erhg.... humm!* what time is it?
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:05 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) ((=) ))
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:05 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Marcus Sorensen) The person across the street, coming through the alleyway has the same 'feel' as Marcus. If Marcus does not have his Obfuscate up, that is. If he does, then he has his own, unique feel :P
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 6:05 am Maybe you should get one of those fidget spinner things.. it might help you when you need to be sitting still? *she shrugged*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:06 am (Whisper to Scenery) Ty. he already pegged marcus with family resemblance.
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 6:10 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Scenery) Don't have that flavor of Obs up, so same vibe, yeah
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:12 am Jason noted the disheveled-looking guy coming out of the alley, and made a 'hmm' sound "Lots of interesting people out tonight. Must be something in the air."
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 6:13 am Marcus pulled out his phone to check the time as Eris asked for it, slipping it back after a moment. "Nearly 11."

The sensation of another Beast in the area caused the Mekhet to look around, focusing on the man emerging from the alley. He frowned quietly, not recognizing the man from the last court. Another fly caught in the Spider's web, perhaps? "Indeed...
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:18 am The smell... he doesn't particularly know why, but it's coming from the group across the street. He can't help but feel like it's somewhere there - but he doesn't see them eating. Weird.

Something weird was off about one of them too. Something that raised his hackles, and he can barely hold himself back. He calls out, his voice less hoarse than he expected it to be, "Excuse me...? Can any of you spare something to eat I... I think I was robbed and..."

His head hurt. What had happened? Why couldn't he remember? It smelled so good, and the beating of his heart even sounded nice. Wait. Was that his heart? It's rapid, like a flurry - like... three? How does he even know that? They smell, and his mouth can't help but water at the metallic taste, and it's causing a panic in him. What the hell was going on...!?
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:21 am Jason frowned "I think you need medical attention. You don't look so good. Marcus, wanna help me get him somewhere safe?" there was urgency in jason's voice "He's probably in shock."
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:21 am *eleven, not soooo bad.... and she looked from MArcus to Jason again, CURIOUS, but also... oh gosh, the stories Glitter was trying to tell her and she coulnd't grasp it... uh? she looked where Marcus pointed and back, cuuurious... oh wait, robbed? She hopped off the bench, edging close as she digged out her cel phone* are don't worry I'll call the police *she smiled gently* are you arlgith? are you hurt?
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:21 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) (As a side note, if you use your roll for him, you might get something interesting. Composure 2 :P)
Management:
07/22/2017 6:22 am Jason Strode has rolled an Family Resemblance - roll (4 dice), getting 6, 7, 5, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has failed the roll.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:22 am (Whisper to Scenery) nada
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:22 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) (( you will not forever pass as Mrs Jecking/Hide in Eris' mind!))
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:23 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Awww... That could have been an interesting revelation. Oh well :P I'll tell you after then *G*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:24 am (Whisper to Eris) If she asks, he'll tell her the truth :D someplace private. he believes Alicia is a mortal
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:24 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) She first has to decide if his story is making her curious or scared LOL))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:25 am Jason shook his head at Eris. They didn't need cops, not now.. "Eris, no police, please."
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 6:26 am As Eris started to move towards the man she would find Marcus' hand on her arm and the Mekhet shaking his head quietly. "Don't get too close." He whispered to her, hazel eyes focused on the approaching man.

His mind whirled as he went over what was in the nearby area and what cameras would need to be avoided to get the man somewhere safe. If he was a recent embrace then he would need to be...handled, and judiciously so.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 6:27 am Hr attention was quickly shifted to the strange man that approached. She frowned, her eyes glancing to the others as she tried to understand the situtation. Risk versus gain being weighed in the quantum difference engine that is her mind and soul*
Marcus Sorensen:
07/22/2017 6:27 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Ms. Fire, Eris, Scenery) And on that note, I unfortunately have to go to bed. x.x Feel free to continue without me, though.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:28 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire, Marcus Sorensen, Eris, Scenery) Night! Jason wil, uh...handle this
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:28 am *Betweeen JAson calling her attention and MArcus holding her arm she does stop, looking to them, then back to the man* well someone has got to make sure he is fine...and he -just- got robbed, the police will know what to do...
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:29 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Ms. Fire, Marcus Sorensen, Scenery) ((Chains to chat!*hugs*))
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 6:29 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Marcus Sorensen, Eris, Scenery) ((night fox!))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:30 am "Eris...he's got special problems. The police will just make it worse. Catch my drift?" and he addressed the unknown man now "Hey...lets get you someplace out of the public so you can sort yourself out, yeah?"
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:33 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) You are about to be attacked. I'm assuming you are applying your defense, but would like to take the time to ask if you will dodge instead, or if you will spend wp towards avoiding said occurence :P
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 6:34 am "Yes..." she agreed after a moment.. "Police might just make things worse.." she stated calmly.. one leg swinging off her bike to she could stand freely...
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:34 am (Whisper to Scenery) wp spent, and also: would he know if poison would affect this guy or not?
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:35 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) You would not, no. (In fact, I don't even know if poison would affect this guy or not. I'm assuming no. :P)
Management:
07/22/2017 6:36 am Scenery has rolled an Sudden Attack - 5 (WP spent by defender) roll (3 dice), getting 7, 4, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Scenery has 1 success.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:36 am (Whisper to Scenery) ty. that's good enough :)
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:37 am Something in him seems almost... not pacified, not in the least. Eager, as he approaches - closer and closer. Towards Jason, it seemed. He reached over and...

Something took control. He just... he lost it. Everything went red in a swift, and suddenly his hands are reaching towards Jason, and he's not in control. He probably was never really in control to begin with. He manages to grab ahold of Jason, and almost immediately pulls him closer - going for the throat.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:38 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) (no damage, just a grapple atm)
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:38 am *she eyed them oddly, then the begger, yea... THAT was weird, and she had a gnaging feeling she should try call Jack. Specially cause Dr Jeking was acting more Jecking than Hide... mean not calling th epolice? why?! unless they were seing something she wasn't... she did start ckicking for the speed dial* He might need an anbulance, and someone to find who mugged him.... And her eyes widen, as she EEEKS, hitting the speed dial and tossing her phone in her pocket, JACK SURE was gonna pick the noise.... she also digged for her batoon to try and... protect... Dr Jeckil, ok! What kind of story is this! seriously!*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:39 am (Whisper to Scenery) Jason's specialty :) we want an init, or just roll with it?
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:40 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Ms. Fire, Marcus Sorensen, Eris) As an aside - Marcus will be vanishing via obfuscate at about this point. We will not be doing initiative - just keep a post order, and Jason and Tyrese will go at the same time since it's grappling atm.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:42 am (Whisper to Scenery) His defense?
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:44 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) I'll go with 2. That said, I don't think you apply defense in a grapple. I could be misremembering, but I believe 2e's rolls simply involve contested strength + brawl rolls, unless you have the advanced multijointed merit.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:45 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Winner picks the manuever.

(...just realized that's an abysmal defense even on the best of days. 3, just to assume he's got SOME level of athletics.)
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 6:45 am With the attack on Jason a decision was made. The stranger was going down ASAP and she attempted to punch him with all he rhuman might, still holding back her demonic abilities with the two witnesses around her
Management:
07/22/2017 6:45 am Jason Strode has rolled an Str+Brawl+grappling specialty-def roll (3 dice), getting 8, 4, 10, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has 2 successes.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:46 am jason's eyes widened as the guy grabbed him, and Jason - who had wrestled in highschool - instinctively applied those skills to try to be the one in control of the grapple, still remaining calm "Don't do this, man.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:46 am (Whisper to Scenery) nah, i checked for us - defense applies in a grapple, too
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:47 am (Drop prone maneuver)
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:47 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Oh. Snap. >.> Fairnefff. Same question on the wp for defense? Yeh or neh?
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:48 am (Whisper to Scenery) yep, he knows this guy is supernatural, and he wants to avoid getting hurt, but also not hurt him, so he's giving it his all. WP.
Management:
07/22/2017 6:49 am Scenery has rolled an Who is the Stronger Beast? -5 roll (3 dice), getting 1, 4, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Scenery has 1 success.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:49 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) You win this round!
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:50 am (Whisper to Scenery) also, jason gets to know one damning secret about this guy thanks to Mimir's Wisdom. What is it? :)
Management:
07/22/2017 6:50 am Ms. Fire has rolled an Str3+brawl3+unarmed spec+wp-3defense roll (7 dice), getting 10, 3, 7, 3, 2, 7, 5, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Ms. Fire has 1 success.
Management:
07/22/2017 6:51 am Jason Strode has rolled an Get grabbed bruh (grapple roll vs. mysterious dude) roll (3 dice), getting 8, 8, 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has 2 successes.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:52 am Jason skilfuilly applies a painful-locking arm look, restraining the guy effectively "Stop..i can help you." he still sounded calm
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:52 am (*arm lock. Oi, my typing)
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:53 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Just a quick question. Your Satiety is 4, isn't it?
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:54 am (Whisper to Scenery) I know he's probably frenzying because freshly turned, but jason doesn't. Would it be pointless to try to calm him down with..social skillz? :D

And no, it's at 2 currently. jason is RAW.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:54 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Oh. Hm. Damning.

Can I get back to you on that if he survives?
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:55 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Also - it would be yeah. Hunger Frenzy, all that
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:55 am (Whisper to Scenery) and of course you can.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 6:55 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Same question as usual - don't want to spend your WP without your permission after all :D
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 6:57 am (Whisper to Scenery) yep, he's gonna spend it. And practice his wrestling and hand to hand after this encounter :P
Eris:
07/22/2017 6:57 am *she had gotten out her batoon, but... given it seems Mr Jeckil kinda... knew what he was doing... like a good Dr, Jecking, kata! I have you puni victim! and Alison seeemd to know what she was doing too, she stepped a bit off, hang Jack, and dialed 911!! hellooo!!! THIS needed the police, ASAP*
Management:
07/22/2017 6:57 am Scenery has rolled an How long can you hold the raging beast? roll (3 dice), getting 4, 3, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Scenery has failed the roll.
Management:
07/22/2017 6:59 am Jason Strode has rolled an this is not good (grapple) roll (3 dice), getting 1, 1, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has failed the roll.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:01 am *seeing Eris starting to dial out, she mentally frowned.... she also steppe dback to give jason his time to do.. whateve rit wa she wa splanning.. she needed to do something about that phone. Decision made she expends a point of aeher to partiallyactivate her Radio suite and intercept the phone call.*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:01 am Jason was starting to tire, clearly, but thankfully the other man wasn't very rational or especially skilled at ground-fighting, and he sounded a lot less clam now "Help please! I can't keep this up forever!"
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:01 am To say it was pissed would be an understatement, but fortunately there was only so much this creature could do right now - it was beyond anger, fear, or pain - lashing out in defiance of the compliance hold placed upon it - the creature in Jason's arm is strong, strong enough that Jason might know that there is only so much time that he can hold this down. You need to find a way to pacify it - or to eliminate it - before things get ugly. Or Uglier, as it were.

It bites, but cannot make it's fangs land upon the other man. And as it bites, Jason can hear it's arm cracking. Was it... breaking it's own arm?
Management:
07/22/2017 7:02 am Ms. Fire has rolled an Compromise Cover+ abilites not manifested roll (14 dice), getting 8, 5, 4, 1, 3, 9, 6, 7, 2, 5, 9, 3, 1, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Ms. Fire has 4 successes.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:02 am (Whisper to Scenery) Does that look like a feeding attempt?
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:02 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Yes! It is trying to eat you! :D
Management:
07/22/2017 7:02 am Scenery has rolled an Break my arm to feed my throat? roll (3 dice), getting 1, 4, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Scenery has 1 success.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:03 am (Whisper to Scenery) Would it be horribly meta to just..let him, and hope it works out? jason would understand hunger driving you mad.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:04 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) I could go for that. A surprising option, admittedly, but I think it'd be cool. can't promise survivaal, but survival is highly probable.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:04 am Jason stopped resisting, and actually stuck a juicy arm right in his waiting fangs "I hope you appreciate this, cousin."
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:05 am (Whisper to Scenery) He's willing to risk it. If the cops get him, he's in trouble and jason knows it.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:07 am (Whisper to Scenery) And this is a truly brillaintly-done scene, btw. Very nicely-done.
Eris:
07/22/2017 7:08 am *Well she had dialed, and took the phone to her ear as she bit her lip, JAsong seemed to have it, even as he called for help she opened her mouth to tell him help WAS on their way.. when... the thing... sprouted FANGS, FANGS!... her eye widned, immediately looking around for SHADOWS, the girl clearly went pale beyond paling, and the fact that all around her the Glitter kept doing things! Dr, JEcing, Fangs! Shadows.... she heard the voice... but no, police coulnd't handle this... FANGS! she started to back away, her mind noticing a couple things... like the two peiple there not freaking at the Fangs... like the fact they didn't want her to call the police... like it was night... like.... *oh crap...*nonononononononono, she hung...
AND RAN!!!*
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:08 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Why thank you. I'm glad to hear that - I usually worry about combat on the site because it gets clunky with large numbers of people - but this turned out a lot better than usual.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:08 am *A slighly echoey voice comes across the line* 911 please state the nature of your emergency? ".. are you crazy! *she yelled as she saw jason offering his own arm to the crazy crazy man*
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:09 am Food. That's all it cared about - all it wanted. It'd drain the rivers of egypt dry, if that quenched the inquenchable thirst - and in a moment of bliss, bit down into the vein. It's brutal, no pleasure involved in the Kiss like it should be - but then it's desperate, angry, and hungry all at once - all while confused as to it's current nature. It's like fire on your arm, like wolves tearing you apart - desperate, needy, and sloppy.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:10 am *she blinked internally as eris hung up.. good thing she intercepted.. hanging up on 911 would draw more suspicion.. oh.. wait that guy has FANGS?!*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:10 am "All psychiatrists are crazy. Now do not let the police come here." he'd have to..explain some things to someone he presumed was a mere mortal later, but better that than to have police show up.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:10 am Jason clenches his teeth as the man drinks. He'd guessed correctly, now he hoped he could survive it.
Eris:
07/22/2017 7:12 am *well... apparently decided, running was the thing to do now, so she RAN, and RAN, literly like if she had seen her worse nightmare come to live, not again, not again, not again, not again!*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:13 am (This one is a real nailbiter. I have NO idea how much a newly-turned vamp can actually drink, so..might be RIP jason if he was being overly altruistic)
Eris:
07/22/2017 7:14 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) kick him in the nogging!))
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:16 am The world is starting to seem cold. You are starting to seem cold. Your vision grows dark, and not in a way you are used to - in a way that even your lair has not prepared you for. The cold edge of death - you feel like it's close. Smiling, always smiling of course... He drinks until there is nothing left to drink, until your body is cold - until you can't even stay conscious - not dead yet, but dying.

Tyrese drinks carelessly, until that point - and that's when his senses start to return. He releases his grip, his eyes looking at the scene - and Ms. Fire sees the young man with a chin drizzled in Jason Strodes blood. He panicks, of course. "I... I didn't mean to I..." He breaths - and makes to run.

Leaving the Fate of one Psychiatrist in the hands of one Ms. Fire - since Eris had fled the scene and Marcus was no where to be found. Close, perhaps? But not to the current eye.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:16 am "Jason..." she stated with... erie calm.... "is he drinking your blood?" there was a slight pause... "...if you die I'm going to have to do something extreme..." honestly.. she wasn't sure how she was going to explain this.. and frankly she didn't want to.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:18 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) The answer is, a frenzying vampire will drink until there is nothing left to drink, beyond even what can fill their stomach - you have a full track of lethal by the time he finishes, and take 1 agg per minute according to the books. If Ms. Fire does nothing, I will ask Fox what her character will do as I imagine he's about, just invisible.

And god, I hope Jason lives. I still have plans for him involving his parents that I would be -deeply- disappointed if I didn't get to use.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:18 am Jason passed out, on the cusp of death.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:18 am (Whisper to Scenery) Lol, if he dies, them's the breaks.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:19 am (Whisper to Scenery) But if he lives, hey, there's one demon he'll be strongly inclined to be civil toward
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:20 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) True enough, though I'd still be slightly disappointed.

Also - Indeed!
Eris:
07/22/2017 7:20 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) ((don't die Dr Jeckil!!!))
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:21 am (Whisper to Scenery) and hey, bright side - you might get a mad doctor to use as a scary NPC antagonist if his horror goes loose!
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:24 am "... fuck...." she scowls at the vampire... "You shall DIE" she snarled as she activated her blade hand and fast attack modifications.
Management:
07/22/2017 7:24 am Ms. Fire has rolled an compromise roll (12 dice), getting 1, 9, 1, 2, 6, 4, 9, 5, 10, 6, 9, 1, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Ms. Fire has 4 successes.
Eris:
07/22/2017 7:24 am ((sorry, here is where I log cause Eris has freaked out . don't die!))
Management:
07/22/2017 7:25 am Eris has left the Downtown
Management:
07/22/2017 7:25 am Jason Strode has changed rooms to Downtown
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:26 am One hand shifts and changes like something out of transformers..f oming into a long heavy looking balde.. the toher modification cannot be seen however...
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:26 am ((ack sorry, browser crashed on me))
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:26 am (Happens! :D)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:27 am Jason bleeds some more and stuff
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:30 am Fear is probably what caused the sudden burst of speed. Probably. Not the insane amount of blood that goes through - but fear. A blink - your eyes don't move fast enough to follow it - and it's gone, the vampire vanishing from the spot that it was in. Tyrese probably had no knowledge he was doing it - he was just fleeing, fleeing as fast as possible - and of course, growing hungrier the more he fled till he slowed.

He leaves you with a body - not quite bleeding out, so much (as you know... most of his blood is gone) - but in desperate need of medical attention to salvage him. You might be able to take him somewhere, if your quick enough - call a friend, if you have any - or try to tend to his wounds if you have any medical skill.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:31 am (oh the irony. The only doctor who could save him iIS him :P )
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:33 am she mutters as she dismissed the now useless modifications on her.. oh woe is the one who can only heal themself.. She then turned her attention to the injury... fuck.. she might can stabilize him enough to call an ambulance.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:34 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire) If she can stabilize him, she SO gets a pass for the whole demon thing :D
Management:
07/22/2017 7:35 am Ms. Fire has rolled an dex+med+wp roll (7 dice), getting 8, 6, 6, 4, 8, 3, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Ms. Fire has 2 successes.
Management:
07/22/2017 7:36 am Ms. Fire has rolled an dex+med+wp roll (7 dice), getting 2, 7, 8, 3, 5, 6, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Ms. Fire has 1 success.
Management:
07/22/2017 7:36 am Ms. Fire has rolled an dex+med+wp roll (7 dice), getting 6, 10, 9, 10, 7, 7, 3, 4, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Ms. Fire has 4 successes.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:36 am ((nearly ranout of wp!))
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:37 am It's easy enough to cover the wound. He'd need a blood infusion, but what's left (because even a vampire left blood) desperately needed to stay there. The work you are doing has to be fast, utilizing tools around you like... well, your own clothes - but your swift, desperate, and do a good enough job that your sure he's going to pull through long enough for him to get medical attention. And he -will- need medical attention, and the authorities are probably going to be asking questions.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:38 am (Best demmon ever!)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:38 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire) Yep, when he's conscious doesn't matter WHAT she is. They'll work it out somehow :D
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:39 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) You live! You will be recovering from 3 aggravated damage and 4 lethal, but you'll make it through! :D
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:39 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Congrats on surviving, -while- also being epic. Bet that was nerve wrecking? :D
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:40 am (Whisper to Scenery) awesome. when he wakes up in the hospital, he's gonna use one of his two remaining willpower to pop off into his lair and spend satiety to heal as much as he can, which means the horor is gonna hunt..whether he likes it or not)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:40 am (That was fucking awesome, man. best scene i've ever had in WoD, and that's sayin g something)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:41 am (Now once he's mobile again, he's got ..so much to do. )
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:41 am thinking quickly, and using an unhealthy amount of medical knowlege gleaned from fighting in illeagel fighting rings.. she managed to get him stabilized. She then dialed her cell phone." Hello 911? Theres this guy. he was attacked.. I dont know what all happened... but the other guy ran off and he's bleeding.. I Imanaged stop it.. but he's out cold.. I dont know what else to do!" she exclaimed with worry and fear in her voice.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:44 am Of course, 911 would respond with the entire "What's your emergency" jazz. And then they would ask the extent of the injuries, location, etc -then make recommendations if it sounded like it was needed - all while sending both a police car and ambulance to greet you - the police would ask questions, and the ambulance would then take doctor Strode."
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:44 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) I dont think he was awake to see her manifest anything non-human tho =P
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:45 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire) nope, he has NO idea she's supernatural. But that doesn't stop him from being grateful.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:48 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Jason Strode) (Thanks! :D Tomorrow I want to see about getting in a scene with you regarding someone following this up :P But it might be after I figure out everyone else's reactions :D)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:48 am (Whisper to Ms. Fire, Scenery) np. I'll be around, lemme know when you wanna do it.
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 7:49 am She would answe the questions with the ability and clarity one would expect a young college student who just witnessed something horrible would do.. which is.. rambling and probably not very very helpful.. she of course leaves out the supernatural bits....
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:51 am (Whisper to Scenery) Oh, hey! What damning secret did he get off of the vamp?
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:54 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Jason Strode) Shit um... You know I didn't expect him to survive so... LEVERAGED. :P

In all seriousness though, because it's cooler to actually have the damning secret...

Maybe he stole a gun from his dad as a kid, and showed it to his friend as a kid, and his friend might have pointed the gun in the wrong direction and pulled the trigger. (I'm referencing a really sad story, and for the life of me I can't remember what I'm referencing. But it works.) Maybe his dad took the wrap or something. I'll work on it *G*
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:55 am (Whisper to Scenery) That'll do JUST fine. When/if he finds him, it'll give them something to talk about. Open the lines of communication.)
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:56 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Jason Strode) Indeed. We'll see what happens - a lot of that will have to do with what Marcus does when he finds him *G*

Because vamp politics be brutal yo. >.>
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:56 am (Whisper to Scenery) And would this consitute a significant enough supernatural event to make this location a Chamber eventually?
Scenery:
07/22/2017 7:58 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Jason Strode) I think so. I'd have to look it up, since I think an Integrity break has to happen, but I know the place he woke up at qualifies, and I might tie the entire affair to his natural integrity break at being you know. Turned.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 7:59 am (Whisper to Scenery) ahh yeah, being turned will definitely do it. And if it's even a little bit badly-lit, the place qualifies with one of jason's traits. So much to do :D
Ms. Fire:
07/22/2017 8:02 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Pity I dint get to use my cutting laser =P
Scenery:
07/22/2017 8:04 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Jason Strode) Maybe if you and I are really, -really- lucky, you'll eventually get to meet and see the Apex in action. Or really, any of the Devil Children.

do you envision his parents caring enough to actually visit when they hear he's in the hospital?
Management:
07/22/2017 8:04 am Ms. Fire has left the Downtown
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:05 am (Whisper to Scenery) He thinks they don't care about him. His perception could be entirely incorrect, and people do change.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:05 am (Whisper to Scenery) That's up to you :)
Scenery:
07/22/2017 8:06 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Jason Strode) Hm. Okay. I might try out my vision of them potentially in the hospital. :) How quickly do Beasts heal in their lair, again?
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:08 am (Whisper to Scenery) If he can get to a dimly-lit hospital room, he'd have to spend 1 wp and rolls wits+resolve with a bonus or penalty to the roll depending on how close the match to his lair is.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:08 am Then its: 1 satiety for 1 agg, or 1 for 3 lethal, or 1 for all bashing. Agg heals first, then lethal.)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:09 am (Whisper to Scenery) oh actually, beasts can CHOOSE which type to heal.)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:10 am (Whisper to Scenery) So he'd get rid of the 3 lethal first, then any bashing, and heal the agg when he's not starved)
Scenery:
07/22/2017 8:10 am Good to know.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:11 am (Whisper to Scenery) so one satiety would put him at 1 lethal, 3 agg. COnscious, i believe. Then it's right back to the hospital before anyone notices :D
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:12 am (Whisper to Scenery) Even if he COULD fully heal, he wouldn't. That;'d be suspicious.
Scenery:
07/22/2017 8:13 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Jason Strode) Indeed :D
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 8:14 am (Whisper to Scenery) and since it'll come up: his account of what happened to the authorities will be that a crazy guy attacked, he tried to restrain him to keep him from hurting anyone. Looked like he was on drugs, and the guy bit him or something, but jason can't remember what he looked like. It all just happened so fast!
Scenery:
07/22/2017 8:15 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, Jason Strode) They'd ask if anyone else was there at the time too :) But - that will be after our scene *G*

Eternal Darkness

Postby Eternal Darkness » Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:31 am

NOTES: Resolved satiety condition 'Starving'.

Management:
07/22/2017 10:34 pm The Hospital has entered the Downtown
Management:
07/22/2017 10:43 pm Jason Strode has changed rooms to Downtown
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 10:44 pm (Whisper to Jason Strode) Sorry, i saw the new Justice League trailer and nerdgasmed for several minutes. I was incapacitated.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 10:44 pm (Whisper to The Hospital) Sorry, i saw the new Justice League trailer and nerdgasmed for several minutes. I was incapacitated.
The Hospital:
07/22/2017 10:45 pm (Whisper to Jason Strode) LOL I can understand that. I may go check that out when I'm finished with my post.
The Hospital:
07/22/2017 10:46 pm You don't dream upon the cusp of death. That's a strange thing, isn't it? For a being that could arguably be said to be made of dreams, that when your mortal coil was so separated from your conscious there would be a vast feeling of... nothing. Time stops its march, thought cannot be produced, and nothing seems to greet you at the edge of the void. You don't see a light, or a tunnel, or a feeling of going anywhere. You might attribute that to the fact that you were not mortal - your final destination was not the same as them - but of course, the truth would have to wait.

Because you don't die. Somehow, despite the fact that you recall being almost completely drained of your blood, you are still alive. Your eyes open, and you realize that you are in a hospital room. A needle is inside of your arm, processing blood and saline through you. The room is white and bright - but at least you didn't have to share it with anyone else, it looked like.

That didn't, however, mean that you were alone.

One other individual occupies the room - a stranger, you might think - until you see a very familiar horror overlapping. You saw it once, in the fog of the Silver Lady's Lair - a horror incomprehensible, massive beyond size, and somehow strikingly beautiful at the same time as it was horrifying. Tendrils wrap around the man's physical form like a shadow, and too many eyes gaze at you as you awake - before settling back inside the skin of the man.

The Leviathan's physical form was that of a man who could be in his early thirty's. He's the kind of man you might expect to be playing the doctor of a soap opera - not an actual doctor - or perhaps the kind of man many might dream to have as theirs. His eyes are a sharp golden color, and he's not dressed in scrubs or anything of the like - rather, just a set of jeans, a tan jacket, and a black sabbath shirt under it. His shoulders are still moist from the rain, but the rest of him seems to have dried off long ago.

"Well... look whose back among the land of the living." The Leviathan said with a smile.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 10:55 pm Jason groaned and sat up quickly, immediately regretting doing so when he felt the effects of severe blood loss in the form of lightheadedness and vertigo. Then he remembered what had happened, and looked at his heavily-bandaged left arm and the IV needle stuck in his right one "Ugh...i need a doctor. And a cheeseburger." he frowned "nope, wait..not a cheeseburger. But i'm definitely hungry."
The Hospital:
07/22/2017 11:00 pm He chuckled and said, "Well at the moment, there are two of them in this room. One of them is a surgeon, the other is a psychiatrist. Between the two of them, I'm sure we can get you the help you need." He chuckled and then said, "Though admittedly, I am not -your- doctor. In fact, I'm not even a Doctor to this hospital, I do a private practice. But as it so happens, one of my cultists works as a nurse here. She mentioned that someone had come into the hospital exsanguinated, and I couldn't -help- but be fascinated. Imagine my surprise when I saw you there."
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 11:05 pm "You have cultists? Man, i really need to step up my game....wait, you said one was a nurse. Is she..a hot nurse? Because a hot nurse would do a lot to speed my recovery." his stomach rumbled then "Actually, i'll take the cheeseburger, too. And the nurse."
The Hospital:
07/22/2017 11:12 pm "They are all quite beautiful, actually. It's sort of a standard," He said, moving to look over the information on the machine you were attached to. "Did you think I was kidding when I said that I was the Silver Lady's Master?" He smiled a bit, and then said, "I can probably arrange for both of those. Your parents are here as well, if you'd like to see them. Though I did, admittedly, want to hear about how..." He motioned. "This happened."
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 11:19 pm "We need to be the best of friends. TYou've really got your shit together." he said with an unsettlingly wide grin, which quickly faded when his parents were mentioned "Oh joy. They probably came to keep up appearances." and then at the question, he recalled what had happened "I was having a chat with some cousins and a mortal when a guy came stumbling out an alley looking like he'd just had the best night of partying ever. Turns out he was a cousin, too. I could tell the guy was crazy with hunger, but he wasn't after nightmares. I managed to keep him held down for a while - i qrestled in highschool, so it wasn't too hard - but you can't really sedate or choke out somebody who's already dead. I couldn't really do anything obvious with people watching, either, so I thought i'd feed him what he was after. it didn't work out for me; i don't remember what happened after that. But we need to find that guy before he gets himself in trouble."
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 11:20 pm (Oi, my typing)
The Hospital:
07/22/2017 11:29 pm He smiled softly, and then said, "I see. You said it was one of the dead ones, not one of the living ones?"

He thought about that a moment, and said, "If he attacked you in the streets with folks around, he may have already found himself in trouble. With similar predators who prefer subtlety, if nothing else."

He paused a moment, and said, "In this realm, I have three names in polite company. Levi will work here. Should I keep calling you Dr. Strode?"
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 11:33 pm He shook his head at that last question "Jason is fine." he frowned now, thinking over all that he'd seen "If he hasn't been found, he's probably probably confused, and terrified. That second one might help me track him down, but i'm just one person. Any chance I could get you to give me a hand with that?" he hadn't so much as given a thought to his own condition; always thinking of helping others.
The Hospital:
07/22/2017 11:49 pm "If he hasn't been found by his people yet - perhaps. Can you describe the people who were there that night? The cousins that you were talking with?" He was sounding like an investigator, he realized. Granted, he was - just not that particular form.
The Hospital:
07/22/2017 11:49 pm (Whisper to Jason Strode) (I'm making food, hence why this is taking a while now >.>)
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 11:50 pm (Whisper to The Hospital) Np, i saw. Take your time.
Jason Strode:
07/22/2017 11:54 pm "One was a young woman named Eris. Its hard to forget her; she talsk a mile a minute and would probably explode if she had to sit still, heh. There was the guy who said his name was marcus, too. That dude had a serious 'broody loner' vibe. I can relate to that. Then the other one was a mortal named Alicia. Man, i need to find HER and make sure she isn't too freaked out."
The Hospital:
07/22/2017 11:59 pm He paused a moment, and then nodded, "I see." He thought a moment, and said, "Is there anything I can do here that will help hasten your recovery?" The unspoken 'besides administer medical attention' was there.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 12:04 am "As much as i'd like to say 'get me that hot nurse's number', i don't have time to flirt or be hospitalized. I need to get myself discharged, get a bite to eat and handle business. The asylum's gonna be a REAL madhouse without me there. And i guess...eh, fuck it...when you head out, send my parents in if they didn't already get tired of waiting and leave.
"
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 12:05 am "At the very least i'll get a good laugh out of hearing what they've got to say."
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 12:07 am "I meant for the enviroment." The Leviathan said, "But I will send your parents in after I've left. Most people are assuming you are asleep still."
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 12:08 am "nah, i can handle that. Just need to dim the lights and lock the doors once i'm all alone."
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 12:11 am "Hm. Very well. They will be in shortly." He said, moving to the door. He stopped a moment, and paused. "Actually, I think I'll go ahead and tell the nurse to give you her number. Call it so she knows yours, and use it to get in touch with me."

He started to open the door.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 12:16 am "Hah, thanks."
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 12:18 am "I swear, if that nurse looks like Freddy Krueger, I will find you."
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 12:20 am He let out an... almost evil looking smile at that. If you weren't sure he had been being honest about his assessment of his cultists' beauty due to Mimir's Wisdom, it might even seem like he was suggesting she just might. He moved to go outside to talk with a few others. It would not be long before the door was knocked on.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 12:22 am "Abandon hope, all ye who enter." he said at the knock
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 12:29 am At the response, the door opened - revealing two very familiar looking faces. Jason's parents were dressed professionally, of course - appearances, after all, were everything, even in the matters of emergencies. Jasons' father does a look over - to assure your alive. His mother, on the other hand - his mother seems worried.

"We heard you got hurt," His mother said, "They wouldn't tell us what happened. Was it a former patient?"

They may as well be asking if it was you, having another episode. Oh of course they'd never outright say it - but it's in their eyes, the question of if this was self-inflicted or work related or... well, the list of things they could be thinking was long.
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 12:33 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) (And yet - I have to pause to go to the store. So - I will return!)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 12:35 am (Whisper to The Hospital) np, i actually need to do that myself
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 1:01 am (Whisper to The Hospital) (back)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 1:03 am "You both look like you're dressed for a funeral. Well, no such luck. I'm alive and well." his mother seemed genuinely worried. He'd find out for sure one way or another. "No, it was just some guy having a bad night. From the way he looked and acted he was probably on some kind of hallucinogen. I managed to keep him from hurting anyone else, thankfully. I hope he's okay."
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 1:33 am I await the day when Jason gets to have an epic Keeper showdown in the hedge/primordial dream.
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 1:34 am "You hardly look better," His father said. "If anyone's dressed for a funeral..."

"Did they catch the guy?" His mother said. "Are you..."

She doesn't seem to know how to process it. She just moves closer, to look at his state of affairs.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 1:38 am "I've been worse. You should see the other guy, who i actually don't know if they caught." and when he mothers moves to see how badly he's hurt, he puts a hand on her arm "Mom, i'm fine. I lost a lot of blood, but apparently somebody got me some medical attention fast enough." (Gimme mah leverage or damning fact :D) then he just asked the question on his mind "Why the sudden concern for my well-being? You didn't give a shit the last eight years, and now all of a sudden you show up here. I know it isn't because you care - so what do you need from me?"
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 1:47 am You touch your mother, and you remember a memory. She's arguing with your father, screaming at him. Crying. So is a child - a baby. You see it as clear as day, as your father leaves. She looks at the baby, and cries while she holds it. After a while, she goes out with the child - puts it in a basket and goes to the store. She breaths, and seems to hesitate - before setting the baby down. Her hands are trembling, and she starts to move away from the baby.

The baby starts to cry. She freezes. She clenches her fists, and tears hit the floor. She rushes back, grabbing the basket with a desperation never before seen, and cries her apologies to a child who has no clue what just almost happened.

"Your our son." You hear your father saying, as the memory floods your mind. "Of course we care." A truth, curiously enough. "What kind of parents would we be if we weren't here after you almost died?"
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 1:48 am (Whisper to The Hospital) (Also, what's the lighting like? :D)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 1:53 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Brighter than you'd like.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 1:53 am Jason was genuinely shocked that they'd actually come out of concern, and doubly so after that dark dream flooded into his mind. His jaw actually hung open for a second, and he looked at his mother wide-eyed, a stare that would freeze the blood in any mere mortal's blood "You were going to abandon me when I was a baby." he blurted it out without a second thought, never the type to hold back his thoughts and feelings and even less so when he was this thoroughly shocked.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 1:55 am (*freeze the blood in any mere mortal's body)
Management:
07/23/2017 2:02 am JupiterJones has changed rooms to Downtown
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 2:03 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) There is a point of shock - and now it is his mother's turn to open her mouth. She's quickly saved however, by your father - who doesn't quite get what you were saying. "Now your just being ridiculous."

Your father breaths, flustered, "You were sick. You needed medical attention. We sent you to get help because you needed it, and you did. I'm sorry if things were bad for you, but you got better - you went into medical. Believe me when I say, things would have been worse for you if you hadn't gone in. Your life would have been worse."

To his Dad's credit, the only lie was that he was sorry - he wasn't sorry, but then he wasn't trying to hide that fact, he was saying it to the tune of 'deal with it'.
JupiterJones:
07/23/2017 2:04 am (Whisper to Jason Strode, The Hospital) (yall dont mind if I watch for a bit yes? might slip in at some point on alicia..)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 2:04 am (Whisper to The Hospital, JupiterJones) Not at all. this is too good to be missed.
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 2:05 am ) There is a point of shock - and now it is his mother's turn to open her mouth. She's quickly saved however, by your father - who doesn't quite get what you were saying. "Now your just being ridiculous."

Your father breaths, flustered, "You were sick. You needed medical attention. We sent you to get help because you needed it, and you did. I'm sorry if things were bad for you, but you got better - you went into medical. Believe me when I say, things would have been worse for you if you hadn't gone in. Your life would have been worse."

To his Dad's credit, the only lie was that he was sorry - he wasn't sorry, but then he wasn't trying to hide that fact, he was saying it to the tune of 'deal with it'.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 2:05 am (is the door closed, btw?)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 2:08 am (Yup)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 2:11 am Jason's eyes narrowed at his fathers callous admission, and his eyes widened "Worse. For me." he said through clenched teeth "You know what was worse for me? Arkadia. That place was worse for me. But i'm going to lay some harsh reality on you - I do have a mental illness, but it isn't paranoid schizophrenia." and then, the doors and windows locked themselves, and an echoing metallic *clang*, like the bars of a cell door slamming shut, echoed through the room as Jason drew a piece of his lair into this world and the exits were held fast. there was no escaping. Then...he (imposing the Sealed exits lair trait for maximum scare factor, and its time to do some judging and truth-revealing)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 2:12 am *then..he moved the blanket on himself aside, and swung his feet over the side of the bed. (got cut off)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 2:21 am "No, Jason you need to stay down your...." His mother starts to say, before her eyes shift towards the door at the sound of the clang.

"What was that? Jason you need to sit down," His Father said, "I'm going to go get a Doctor, something might have broke..."
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 2:29 am He advanced menacingly on his father, seemingly ignoring everything he'd just said "An insane asylum is not a fun place for a sixteen year old to be, dad. Do you know what antipsychotics do to a brain that's still developing? Very bad things, that's what. Even worse when you don't actually have a chemical imbalance."
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 2:32 am He'd reached the door only to find it locked - and immediately tried to unlock it. Pounding on the door, he paused and looked - and frozed, looking to Jason. Something about the way he moved, the way that he approached, "You... You said it yourself. You have a mental illness. Now come on son - you need to sit down, your only going to hurt yourself."

He says it, but the words are laced with the air of fear in them.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 2:49 am (sorry, had an emergency)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 2:52 am "No, you need to sit down and listen if you know what's good for you. I'm not playing, Cedric. If you bang on that door again i'm going to snatch the life out of you, and i'll get a very light sentence because i'm crazy and obviously in a poor mental state, given what jut happened to me. Now SIT DOWN."
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 2:54 am (Please, oh please let him get some satiety off of this)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 2:57 am "Now... Jason..." He said - leaning against the wall but, calmly obeying. "You need to remain calm. You aren't well. I get it, you were attacked, you are stressed. I'm listening, okay...?"

But was he listening, or merely pacifying?
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:00 am "It's sad that it took this to get you to pay attention to me. But i don't want anything else from you as a father - i need your business acumnen. I need you to help make sure that Arkadia suddenly gets a lot of finding from a private entity who wants to improve the state of mental health care in our fair city. You are going to do something worthwhile for once in your life. You owe it to me." (and he's using a nightmare - you Deserve This. Composure?)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:00 am (*acumen)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:00 am (and funding. Fuck, my typing)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:02 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) (Composure 3, I'll say. Composure is important in business.)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:03 am (Whisper to The Hospital) Damn. can you use willpower on nightmare rolls?
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:05 am (Whisper to The Hospital) yess, i checked. You can indeed. Rolling it.
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:05 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) I ... don't see anything that says you can't. With that in mind, you are probably fairly low on Willpower due to the last scene.
Management:
07/23/2017 3:05 am Jason Strode has rolled 4 dice, getting 2, 8, 8, 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has 2 successes.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:06 am (Whisper to The Hospital) He has One left, assuming he didn't get one back from resting overnight. Also, does this trigger his judgemental Life trait, or are his parents utterly shameless?
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:08 am (Whisper to Jason Strode) Nah, I could see this being a good judgemental thing. :) His mother at least has some shame :P
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:10 am sweet! that leaves him at 2 if its just shameful, or tops him off if it drives a rift between him and another character in the scene.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:10 am (whoops, thought i clicked your name)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:15 am He blinks, watching, and swallows. This isn't something he'd feel guilty over. Shouldn't be but... Was his son right? Did he make a mistake sending him to the Asylum? He blinks, trying to remain... as he is - but he freezes and said, "I'm... I'm sorry Jason. I didn't realize... I didn' know...I... I'm ... Sor..."
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:17 am "Don't be sorry. Just make it right, and get rich in the process. Give Arkadia some extra funding, and use it as good PR with the media. Strode Realty is suddenly about to be on the top of the heap. You are going to flatten your competition, and i'm going to help you do it."
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:17 am "And what you're feeling right now? that's how i felt for YEARS. Remember that, and get out of my sight. Both of you."
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:18 am (And that, folks, is how you be a REAL beast. *drops the mic, turns off the stage lights*)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:21 am He scrambled, moving towards the door to unlock it and try to get himself out of the room. Your mother hesitates - just the briefest moment as she looks to you - before she, too, moves towards the door and exit.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:22 am (now then - does that qualify as sufficiently getting some sweet, sweet punishment in for him to recover satiety?)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:24 am (Go ahead and make a roll :D)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:24 am (woohoo! using Hunger Management to add to it. lemme figure out what bonuses/penalties apply)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:25 am (Would you say that's a simple, elaborate, or complex means of getting them fear-noms?)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:27 am (Simple. While it was certainly awesome, it was spontaneous and in the moment - unprepared. I will totally give a +2 for awesomeness tho.)
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:28 am (right on, hunger management for 2 more dice, which makes it 5 dice. Rollin' it.)
Management:
07/23/2017 3:29 am Jason Strode has rolled an Satiety gain + 2 from Hunger management - gimme that sweet, sweet satiety! roll (5 dice), getting 10, 4, 7, 5, 5, 10, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jason Strode has 3 successes.
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:31 am (Satiety condition resolved, i'll add that to my submission of the log)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:31 am .... peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerfect. :P
Jason Strode:
07/23/2017 3:32 am Jason grinned as his horror fed on their fear, and started to get dressed in preparation for checking himself out. "Jason, you are such a beast." (and done, unless you have anything else)
The Hospital:
07/23/2017 3:32 am (Nope. I'm good :D)

Eternal Darkness

Postby Eternal Darkness » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:03 am

Scenes
Talking about Nightmares
Some people talk too much...others, not enough
What You've Wrought
The New Monster in Town

Aspirations COmpleted
None

Milestones Fulfilled
-Meet and Identify your First "Other"

Conditions

Other

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:07 am

I -know- there is more experience than this, so I'm going to add a few bits myself. :)

+1 Starving Condition Resolved
+1 Sated Condition Resolved
+1 Health Track Filled with Lethal
+1 Health Track Filled with Lethal again
+2 Awesome RP - Scene with Parents
+1 The Feared and the Fearless Scene (Unposted)
+1 Dramatic Failure Accepted (Yet... You might not yet realize the significance of that *G*)

Now - Assuming that's all correct and I haven't missed anything...

Total Experience: 3 Experience, 2 Beats

Eternal Darkness

Postby Eternal Darkness » Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:58 am

And now that he has XP, i'd like to spend 3 of them on the Atavism Unbreakable (In-family). Odds of survival: Dramatically increased!

Officer Miles Langford came from a family of cops - his father, both his brothers, and his grandfather, uncles and great grandfather and many of his ancestors as long as he could remember had served the city as police officers. The name Langford was practically synonymous with 'the police' in this city, but unlike his forebears Miles was not an upstanding public servant. Miles had a gambling habit, and a few years ago he'd gotten in debt to some bad people to pay off his debts, bad people who weren't swayed by his family name, so Miles did what he had to do to make some extra money - the quarantine of Nelly's Peak had given him the perfect opportunity to make some significant cash on the side by offering 'protection' to some of the local pimps and drug dealers in exchange for a small fee. He'd make sure the police looked the other way while they did their business, and life was good for everyone. Easy money, or so he thought. That some of the criminals paid him in product - drugs and free access to some of the best girls - was an unanticipated bonus.

Everything was going great for Miles, until tonight. He had just left a meeting with one of the pimps and gotten into his squad car, fishing through his pockets for the keys, when he heard the voice - a male voice - in his car. What it said had chilled his blood.

"Officer Langford. We have an issue that needs to be discussed."

Miles panicked and looked around. The back seat of the car was dark, and nobody was there but he'd sworn that was where it'd come from. Miles reached for his gun, but it was already too late - a moment later, he felt a sharp prick on the back of his neck, and then it started - it was like he was on fire from the inside. God, it hurt. Now he knew the guy - whoever it was- was behind him in the back seat, and miles panicked, reaching for the door handle, but it was no good; he could have sworn he heard the sound of a cell door slamming shut, and he couldn't get the door to open. He was locked in now; the guy must have injected him with something. Miraculously, Miles managed to get to his gun out of its shoulder holster and twist around to fire at the assailant in the back seat. A shot rang out, a deafening sound within the confines of the car. Miles was sure he'd hit the guy, but now it seemed like he was just GONE.

Then the voice started speaking again "Miles, you failed at your duty and betrayed your sworn oath to serve and protect the people of this city. You serve yourself and protect the criminals who make their lives worse, and for that you are going to die. I know you're catholic, so i suggest you make your peace with god, because you are about to meet him. Well..maybe not, you're probably going to see thhe other guy."

Miles' vision swam, and he screamed out "FUCK YOU!" and unloaded the rest of the magzine into the back seat where he'd heard the voice coming from.

"That's how you talk to god? No wonder you're going to hell."

Miles tried unlocking the door again, but it just wouldn't open. He fumbled for his extra magazine, but it was too late - the poison did its work, and he died leaning against the drivers-side window without ever knowing that he'd run afoul of a monster much like himself who would do what miles had failed to do - protect the people of the city.

Final Result: 1 Satiety spent for Shadowed Soul, one spent for Unbreakable. Final Satiety: 4. If possible, I would like to claim this as a hunt. Lemme know what I need to roll.

Note: Jason has the Untouchable merit, so attempts to investigate his crimes have the Incomplete Clue tag applied to them.

Eternal Darkness

Jason Strode Character Journal (23 August 2017)

Postby Eternal Darkness » Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Scenes
You Can't Save Everyone
The Sad Tale of Nurse Hawthorn Part 1
Arkadia Nights Part One
To Serve and Protect
Revelations over Coffee
Attack of the Killer Table
Preparing for the Worst
Late Night Discussions
A Public Service
30 Pieces of Silver - 29 remaining
Justice and Mercy
A Normal Day
A Deal with the Devil
She Whom the Devil Loves

Aspirations Completed
None

Milestones Fulfilled
-Add your first new chamber to your Lair ICly

Conditions
None

Other
-Purchased a house Downtown, spent 1 satiety to claim it as a Chamber (See Attack of the Killer Table and The Sad Tale of Nurse Hawthorn Part 1, Above, for details)
-Starving condition gained and resolved twice

Note: Hunger Management on Jason's character sheet (in the character manager) shows it as 2. it should be 3. XP needs to be set to 2 beats plus anything earned from this journal submission. Also, Jason is developing Kinship with Dr. Stein and Molly Dollanger. Let me know if/when that takes effect so that we can make a map of our brood lair. Speaking of which, Jason and molly both spent 1 Satiety to allow eachother safe access to their lairs. In addition, i never received my two extra Experiences for nor having the extra Chamber defined at character creation, so add that to the total, too (Details in Beast: The primordial p. 93 Maximum Number of Chambers, last sentence)

Other additions (may change if brood lair is established)
Description of Lair chambers and layout: The Disturbed Ward (Corresponds to the main hall in the patient resident section of the asylum) the Doctor's Office (heart chamber) and the Murder House (Corresponds to Jason’s home in Downtown New Haven on Elm Street). The Disturbed Ward is the asylum's uppermost level whose narrow halls lined on both sides with the locked doors to numerous padded cells, each section separated by automatic security doors that slam shut the moment one passes through them. The sounds of the patients within sobbing, mumbling incoherently and occasionally screaming along with the flickering lights unsettle those who pass through, and any who step too close to a cell finds the hands of an emaciated patient reaching out to claw at them while begging for help. The Murder House is the twisted, blood-soaked reflection of Jason’s house, a place where a frankenstinian monster murdered, dismembered and re-assembled countless people before Jason found the monster and slew it. At the very heart of the lair, the very last room of the hallway lies a room that is both cell and treatment room, a padded chamber with a desk against the far wall covered in manila folders filled with nightmarish secrets wherein one may find the mad doctor who cackles maniacally, leveling intruders with a wide-eyed stare before taking his sedative-filled needle in hand.

Heart Chamber (Doctor's Office) - Burrow (the Asylum Halls) - the Disturbed Ward - Burrow (Elm Street) - Murder House

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:38 am

Not going to lie - I usually just keep your experience listing here. We're going to have to figure out something to keep a monitor on the Satiety tho... would be really tedious to change it every time you spent it.

If my math is correct, adding in a +2 for awesome roleplay....

You gain 3 xp and 2 beats.

Leaving you at 3 xp 3 beats.

Kinships accepted and permitted. Boom. Congrats.

Eternal Darkness

Postby Eternal Darkness » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:23 am

Peel off 3 xp and get Jason Infestation! He's gonna be transforming into a legion of deadly army men (and other similar toys of death).

Return to “Character Journals”