The Saint and the Suicidal [Saint log]

The stars can be seen , so lovely for such a sorrowful place. Suicide cliffs are a expanse of rock face that has green foliage and trees near the top. At the bottom the waves of the ocean crash against jagged rocks. Sometimes crimson can be seen in the waves and legend has it that is the blood of those poor souls that have chosen to take their life and all they left behind was blood in the water.
JupiterJones
Site Admin

The Saint and the Suicidal [Saint log]

Postby JupiterJones » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:37 pm

Saint
PU 1| Striking Looks 2

Crystal Saint Smith:
Saint's patrol path isn't overly complicated. Really, the area doesn't have much in the way of hiding places. So her path takes her around the perimeter a few times, plus a couple paces that cut through the area directly.

her eyes are always searching for the obvious.. and not so obvious signs of other people's passing... for hints and clues that someone who doesn't belong there is hiding amngst the green.. or making their path towards the top of the cliff... potentially suicidal folk are always somone to keep a look out for.

Mysterious Stranger:
Suicide Cliffs is a fairly easy place to watch, in truth. Or it would be, if it was a normal location - but even without venturing to the cliffs proper, you can tell there is something off about the area, the people, even the way that the outskirts of the city just suddenly stopped before it got to the cliffs properly.

It's a place where people do go - sometimes alone, but other times in groups. That, coupled with the fact that you can't go to the cliffs, makes picking apart the suicidals hard... but not impossible. The resonance tended to ooze out sometimes, and just talking to people and getting to know them is often enough to help you sniff out the signs - as long as you were looking for the right ones. Even as a wolf, those who thought such thoughts were good at cloaking themselves.

The rain drizzles down quietly. This part of town is, very likely, the quietest except in the event of a party off in the distance.

:
(Wits + Composure)
Management:
0 | 03/05/2017 4:06 am Crystal Saint Smith has rolled an Wits+comp roll (5 dice), getting 5, 4, 10, 2, 10, 10, 3, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Crystal Saint Smith has 3 successes.

Mysterious Stranger:
Perhaps it'd just been a quirk you'd pulled up from the times you'd dealt with Snow but... in this time, you looked upwards, at the roofs of the buildings. You had to make a conscious effort to look up sometimes - the mind did not naturally think to do it, but your likely to be thankful to that fact. Because as you look at one of the larger buildings, you see a woman standing at the edge of it. Four stories high - she might survive a fall, she might not. But she's looking at it like the idea might be crossing her mind. Like... it would be so easy

Crystal Saint Smith:
Saint mentally scowled. Situations like this are always tricky. Do you yell and possibly startle them into falling? or do you try to gain entry tot he roof and hope they havent jumped in the time you took to get up the stairs.? Fun. Not. Well she wasn't directly on the edge yet.. so shouting might actually be a good thing.

"Hey! You okay up there!?" She asked quite loudly, hoping to grab the woman's attention. To shake her mind from whatever thoughts she was having.

Mysterious Stranger:
The woman pauses a moment, to look in the direction of Crystal. She doesn't speak - she merely watches the other person with an impassive gaze. Features of her own are hard to scope out in this distance - at least with the eyes of man. Her eyes were covered by the shadow and darkness of the storm - even her hair was wettened so that you couldn't tell if she was blond or brunette, only that it fell to her back and she'd removed the hood of her coat. Her gaze turns back to the ground - was this the right decision?

Crystal Saint Smith:
"I'm coming up there, please don't do anything!" she yelled again.. hastening her steps as she sought the fastest path to the top of the building.. activating her wolf's senses to take in more information.. both about the woman and the environment.

Mysterious Stranger:
Getting up there would not be hard - you could either take the route inside the building and hope to find your way - or find a fire escape and hope to make it up there. The wolf senses show you movement - and darkness does not bother them - but they cut out color in their distinctiveness. You can smell hesitation, as well as ... a myriad of negative emotion. Her heart raced - fear. Fear even now. And you could hear her say, "It's too short."

Crystal Saint Smith:
"Stay with me now... don't do anything, just stay where you are.. I'm coming!" A fire escape would be ideal... so she searched for that. She would have to put her parkour skill to the test to get up there quickly, that much she knew.

Mysterious Stranger:
There is a skip in her heartbeat - and you find an escape easily enough, though the building she's on is a story higher than the building next to it. "Coming?" There is a pause. "She is... coming."

There is a pause, and then a quiet murmur, "I'm coming too."

You weren't going to make it fast enough, if the sound of her racing heart was any indication - she was making the plunge.

Crystal Saint Smith:
*STOP!* she roared intimidatingly.. shifting to dalu for the increase of speed, hoping the darkness would hide most of her change.. and hoping the woman would falter just long enough to catch up to her.

:
Management:
0 | 03/05/2017 5:02 am Crystal Saint Smith has rolled an Intimidation+Pres+wp roll (7 dice), getting 1, 7, 7, 2, 10, 9, 6, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Crystal Saint Smith has 3 successes.
Management:
0 | 03/05/2017 5:03 am Mysterious Stranger has rolled 4 dice, getting 5, 3, 2, 10, 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Mysterious Stranger has 1 success.

Mysterious Stranger:
There is a pause and stutter and - the heart skips again. She wobbles, and catches herself - breathing in quietly. She takes a step back, even before you manage to get to the full edge - though her eyes keep that same look in them. Hollow. They watch the roads quietly, and she breaths in, as though to center herself.

Crystal Saint Smith:
*with a grunt of effort, she hauls herself over the edge.. shifting back to her fully human form as she hurried toward the woman, keeping her wolf's senses sharp.* Easy now... stay with me here... don't be doing something so foolish..."

Mysterious Stranger:
"Why are you here?" She asks calmly. She turns to look to the other woman, her eyes full of confusion. Like the girl being there was just strange.

Crystal Saint Smith:
"I am here to save your life." she stated as she approached. "To stop you from doing something so profoundly pointless as ending your life. Now come to me... where it safe, please... I can get you help."

Mysterious Stranger:
"Can you?" She let out a soft chuckle, and said, "How can you help? What can you -do- to help me? Please - tell me." If she tried to move closer, then the girl started to step back - distance was imperative.

Crystal Saint Smith:
It was obvious the woman was not herself.. at least to her estimation. "I never said I could help you.. but I could GET you help... You need to trust me.. to come with me." She was starting to think the woman is possessed... and saving her was going to be all that much more difficult since she lacks most of the tools she needs... but she needed to know for certain... she seemss to exhale deeply.. uttering the spirit howl that human senses cannot hear... spirits however...

Mysterious Stranger:
As you breathe in, you can smell the sickly resonance off the girl. She's not possessed - that much is clear enough. But she's been... touched? You don't see anyone on this side of the gauntlet, but you can smell the depression like a deep, festering smell inside of her. "Why should I? What? You going to send me to a shrink? Tell me how crazy I am? Talk to my family?" She laughed and said, "It's too late for that. Maybe they can help you."

She starts to take a step back again - and falls backwards.

Crystal Saint Smith:
Fuck! *she lunges forward.. hoping.. praying that she is fast enough to grab the woman before she falls too far...*

:
Management:
0 | 03/05/2017 6:21 am Crystal Saint Smith has rolled an Dex+brawl+wp-3 roll (4 dice), getting 4, 9, 10, 7, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Crystal Saint Smith has 3 successes.

Mysterious Stranger:
You rush to the side of the building - and sweep your hand out to grab her own. She scowls, and cries out, "Let go!"

And, perhaps strange enough that she has a will to fight for her own right to die, she -pulls-.

Crystal Saint Smith:
*she growls as she pulls, trying to bring the woman back up to safety...* Don't be a stupid bitch! You're only giving them what they want! *she snarls, wondering if she's gonna have to resort to Dalu again to pull this woman up.. she's already probably considered insane.. so some weirdness would be written off.*

:
Management:
0 | 03/05/2017 6:30 am Mysterious Stranger has rolled 7 dice, getting 1, 1, 5, 2, 8, 5, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Mysterious Stranger has 1 success.
Management:
0 | 03/05/2017 6:32 am Crystal Saint Smith has rolled an str+brawl roll (4 dice), getting 5, 7, 1, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Crystal Saint Smith has failed the roll.
-Dramatic fail chosen

Mysterious Stranger:
"This is MY choice!" She cries, and moves to flail her body - and pulls herself down - you feel yourself being pulled too, and see the tears running down her face for just a moment.

A moment of weakness. A moment of desperation. Suddenly, your pulled too, with her - and as you start to fall. In these brief moments you are left with a choice now:

Let the girl fall, and desperately grab the rail to stop yourself from falling - or fall with the girl, your hand wrapped around her wrist.

Crystal Saint Smith:
"Its a stupid fucking choice.." she mutters, saddened.. and annoyed as she watched the woman fall.. unable to do anything to save her. "This shit needs to stop."
*she had reached for the rail and stopped herself.. she could easily survive the fall, but it was simply better to not fall at all... she spoke as she hefted herself back up and made her way tot he fire escape.. there were calls she needed to make..

Mysterious Stranger:
As you move upwards, you hear the splat hitting to ground. The visual below is... gruesome, to say the least. The girl there, if she's going to survive, needs immediate medical attention - and in truth it's unlikely the paramedics would get there in time to save her life anyways - nor that she would be grateful for such an action.

Crystal Saint Smith:
*she wound her way back down the fire escape as she hunted for her phone.. dialing emergency services. Her message was simple. "This is Officer Smith. Need parmedics at-" she gives the address "Woman just jumped off the building.. she doesn't appear to be moving.."

Tags:

Return to “Suicide Cliffs”