Getting Some Fresh Air [Log] [2-18-17]

The beach is a long expanse of land with various places to park, one must walk across the small rocks to get to the sand of the beach. The air is always cold and the sky is always gray but that does not stop those who wish to spend time upon the beach
QuicksilverFox85

Getting Some Fresh Air [Log] [2-18-17]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:15 pm

Allison Smith
The clouds thundered and raged.. a testimate to the storm spirit's wrath.. despite this... Allison has taken up her favorite standing place ont he rockier portion of the beach. Singing to her hearts content.. allowing her voice to carry through the crashing waves. Always some mournful song..

She was dressed simply.. with a rain slicker over her warmer clothes in case the sky decided to open up. ((Striking looks advanced, Alien allure and Sirens song on normal power)

Ariadne de Witte
As she sang, Allison would notice another figure on the beach a little farther up, dressed casually but with a good solid coat and an umbrella in hand. She walked a few feet away from the waterline, appearing to be looking for something in the sand as she went.

Hearing the singing she paused, watching Allison curiously.

Allison Smith
*she smiled, not pausing in her song as she waved simply.. Her senses unimpeded by the darkness. Only once her song comes to an end does she begin to approach.

"Good evening! I see I am not the only one enjoying the night air.."

Ariadne de Witte
Ariadne returned the wave, moving towards Allison to cut the distance between them. As she approached the impression of scuttling legs traversing the sliding sands with little issue eminated from the slim young woman, giving a hint to the Beast within.

"Indeed. Needed a bit of fresh air..." She smiled a bit, giving Allison a nod. "Your singing is beautiful, by the way."

Allison Smith
*She smiled brightly at the compliment a sshe glided down the rocks.. her horror was something akin to a siren and a Lamia.. as such.. her movements were serpentine and her voice enchanting..* Why thank you! *she giggled and put out a hand* I'm Allison, by the way. I havent seen you before.. you new here..?"

Ariadne de Witte
Her eyebrows went up as Allison's nature shone through, eventually shaking her head quietly. "No...I'm from here, although only recently...awakened, I guess may be the right term?"

Allison Smith
"Its close enough.." sh enodded "Many experience the.. event differently." She smiled "I arrived a few months ago... but I 'awakened' long before then..."

Ariadne de Witte
"Been about two weeks for me, give or take. Came back to town for a funeral, got stuck here in the quarantine and decided to stay after...connecting." She gave a wry smile. "Sorry, this is the first time I've really talked about it, so I'm not quite sure how to put it."

Allison Smith
*she nods and chuckles* It'll come with time and experience. The hard part is coming up with clever ways to talk about it while not saying anything you dont want others to overhear.' *She smiled broadly*

"So! anyways.. what do you do, if you dont mind me asking?" She cuckled. "I'm a social worker myself... specializing in working with children."

Ariadne de Witte
"I can imagine..." She nodded, still smiling a bit. "Just started teaching at the local high school this month. Their Latin teacher left just before the break, and I decided to take the position after determining I would be staying in town."

Allison Smith
Ahhh, I see *she nods* We may end up bumping into each other professionally now and again then... I do sometimes have to pop in at the schools for various reasons."

Ariadne de Witte
"Perhaps. Look forward to it, then." She glanced around briefly, then looked back to Allison with a small smile. "Don't know of any issues with my current students, thankfully, but I'm still getting to know them."

Allison Smith
Hopefully, you wont have to find out... I do try to make my lessons stick. *she chuckles*

Ariadne de Witte
"Ah...hopefully they won't end up in a case file." She nodded, making a quiet mental note. "Are there many others here? I met one man in the library with golden eyes..."

Allison Smith
I've met a few.. I know there are a few elders as well.. not a great many of us I don't think... we do have.. plenty of 'cousins' however. *she chuckles* The children rarely end up anywhere bad... its the caretakers I'm more.. concerned with.

Ariadne de Witte
"Cousins?" Her right eyebrow quirked up at that but she gave a small nod. "Ah...I see. They do need that kind of...attention sometimes, I've learned."

Allison Smith
*she nods* Yes.. our 'cousins' may not sense their connections to us like we do to them.. but they are there... Eventually you'll meet one and your senses will tingle in a certain way that is unique to you.. and unique to their.. type.. But some might be a bit resentful if you poke at them too hard. *chuckles*

"I've only had to make a few lessons.. permanent so far... They reminded me a bit too much of my Father... and experience has taught me there is only one way to ensure that type is.. disciplined."

Ariadne de Witte
"I see...will keep an eye out for that, then." She nodded slowly, adjusting her grip on her umbrella briefly. "True. I have someone that I've been keeping an eye on as well...have yet to see if their behavior has changed since I was last in town."

Allison Smith
*her brows raise* Ah.. I see.. if you need.. assitance in that.. I will be more than willing to help... *she gave a very predatory smile...*

Ariadne de Witte
Her own smile had an edge to it, the faint sound of mandibles clicking in the air accompanying it. "I may take you up on that."

Allison Smith
*she giggles* Mm Its a 'date' then *she states playfully.*

That aside, what do you do for fun? *she smiles*

Ariadne de Witte
"Read, mostly." She chuckled quietly. "Not much of a party person. I do like going to the theater, though."

Allison Smith
*she nods* I sing myself.. if you havent noticed *she chuckles* I do read too..

Ariadne de Witte
"Very beautifully, if I may say so." She nodded with a smile. "Always been something of a bookworm, I'll admit."

Allison Smith
*she nods and smiles* Thank you.. and I know how that is.. I kinda am... not a smucha s aI was.. It was part of my.. escape when I was little..."

Ariadne de Witte
"Ah...it can be handy for that sort of thing, at times." She offered a small nod. "Glad you were able to get out of that situation, at least...assuming that you have, that is?" She winced a bit at that, realizing that she'd stuck her foot in her mouth rather solidly there...

Allison Smith
*she nods* Yes.. I dealt with it a long time ago.. took my time piecing myself together afterwards. Bt all is fine with me now..

Ariadne de Witte
"Good...good." She smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck a bit. "Glad to hear it."

Allison Smith
*she nods* Thank you.. anyways.. It was nice meeting you.. But I'm going to head on home now. *she smiles as she retrieves a card from her purse..* My number if you need me.. or just want to talk sometime.

Ariadne de Witte
"Was very good meeting you as well." She took the offered card, rummaging in her pocket for her wallet to offer one of her own. "Feel free to call me."

Allison Smith
*she smiles as she accepts the card* Certainly.. *she then waves* take care!
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Return to “Beach”