Hot Chocolate and talks

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
InkFox

Hot Chocolate and talks

Postby InkFox » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:42 am

Everleigh:
There had been a lot of talking and whispering about what had happened the night before. People wondering about the details and people making them up as they went because that is what happens. Everleigh had been avoiding such conversations as best she could but to actually avoid it all would require her to lock herself in her room or not be here at all. Instead she had decided to do something that would keep her busy and punish her in its own way. She was on her hands and knees in the living room scrubbing a spot on the floor in front of the couch. It had likely been cleaned before but she was cleaning it again, and again. She did not look up from her work at the moment as she did not want to see the looks from others, it was bad enough she could hear the whispers.
Damien Wetherford:
It had just so happened that Damien had been out when the whole incident occurred, but he had heard enough about it when he got back that saying he was concerned was an understatement. The Darkling emerged from his room to start working on something in the kitchen before he spotted Everleigh playing Lady MacBeth, stopping mid-step and looking her over for a moment before calling out. "Need a hand?"
Diamond:
*She... she had been trying to keep her busy with her sewing, not one prone to gossip or whispering and well... she HAD gone check how Ress was doing, AND to get him chocolate to get off the nasty taste of his medicine. Then back to sewing, and she was finishing the new project, she moved out onto.. wel out, not to be locked out... that is when she noticed Ever and Damien.. hum... erh... *
Everleigh:
She heard the voice of the knight and her whole body tensed for a moment. She had some really bad memories about a knight back in the hedge. She reminded herself that this man was not that Knight. She did not look up to him though as she kept her eyes focused on the ground before her as she dipped the brush in the soapy water and started to scrub the floor once more. "I could not ask anyone else to do this...its my responsibility to clean.." She went back to cleaning then paused a moment "Thank you for the offer though..."
Damien Wetherford:
"No problem." He looked over the spot where she was scrubbing, eyebrow arching a touch. "Pretty sure that you're going to start wearing through the wood in a minute, though..."
Diamond:
*She bit her lower lip for an instant before she did say* i... I th. think is clean enough.. y.. you know?
Everleigh:
She blinked a few times and sat back on her heels looking down at the spot on the floor. It was a rather large spot all things considered. She put the brush back into the bucket of water and wiped her brow with her wrinkled and cracking hands. "oh...I..I thought I could still see some left." She stood taking the bucket towards the kitchen to dump it down the sink. Not that the water was even dirty mind you but she was going through the motions.
Damien Wetherford:
"It's alright." He moved to get into proper conversation range, following her into the Kitchen. Of course, with the Hunterheart being what he was the brief thought that he might leap from that position was likely to cross one's mind. "How are you holding up?"
Diamond:
*She tilted her head watching Ever move on and Damien move close, well if anyone could calm her that was Damien, he was good at that, so she just uhh.. kinda followed into the kitchen if only to get milk.. and chocolate... and make chocolate milk*
Everleigh:
She dumped the bucket and put it up before turning and making her way back towards Damien her brow furrowed. She did not know why he was talking to her or..well checking on her since it was Ross who had been hurt. After a moment she gave a little shrug pushing a dark curl from her face. She glanced towards Diamond and bit her lip before asking softly "Could I have some?" After a moment she looked back to Damien and gave a little shrug " I..I am ok.." Yeah she had no idea honestly but she was better than Ross right?
Damien Wetherford:
He watched Everleigh as he leaned against the counter nearby, nodding quietly. "You were one monologue away from an 'out out, damn spot' moment there."
Diamond:
*She looked over, shrugged a little bit and made enough for four... yup she was still planning on getting sweet things to Ross, he might even get fatty, but she couldn't help it when she remembered what Lily had made him eat to heal... a little shudder, and up to make sure it was nice and warm... would they have marshmallows? last time she knew she had gotten marshmallows, cause there was no having hot chocolate without them.. mean... if she could contribute with something, that was one, making sure they had enough chocolate and marshmallows,... you needed the thing when you were in an emosional stomp.... yup, that was it, extra marshmallow for Ever and Ross*
Everleigh:
That caused her to actually look at his face rather than the floor, though she did not look at his eyes. "I..what?" She gave him a confused look as she tried to process what it was he had said. It was in reference to something she knew that much but she had no idea what he was referencing. Was he making fun of her? That was likely it but she was used to that one by now. The smell of the hot chocolate hit her nose..was that a hint of a smile on those pale lips? "I am sorry I do not understand exactly what it is you mean by that" She finally got up the courage to say.
Damien Wetherford:
"It's something from Macbeth, where one of the characters continually washes what she sees as blood off her hands while sleepwalking from guilt."
Diamond:
*she just waited for the milk to boil into that faint second in which you are seconds away from mess to turn it off, cause then chocolate is ready, then she whipped it a bit to make it thick and nice and poured into cups, then got the marshmallows, and brought one for Damian, one for Ever*
Everleigh:
At his words she actually looked at her hands a moment and then brushed them roughly on her shirt. When the cup was presented to her she gave Diamond a little hint of a smile as she took the cup. "Thank you.." She said as she held the hot cup in her hands not seeming to be worried about it the cup burned her or not. Her head turned back towards Damien and she bit her lip lightly for a moment before speaking again. "I can not say that I have ever read Macbeth so I am not sure what it is truly about. I can say however that I can understand the wish to wash one's hands until they were clean" She had tried to do that since last night but no matter how hard she scrubbed they still seemed dirty. It had been one thing when she had done something like that on the board in hell but here....to one of the other pieces it was more than a little unnerving to her.
Damien Wetherford:
"Thanks, Diamond." He gave the Elemental a nod, holding the cup but not taking a sip just yet as he looked back to Everleigh. It was a feeling that all of them recognized in some respect, with the carnage they all visited upon each other on the board, but this...this was indeed something unusual. "I get that."
Diamond:
*She didn't really comment, she had memory of nothing still, but she did nod to each with a smile adding* I.. be back *moving to get his to Ross, yup... she was making that man fatty till she forgot Lily's broth of doomed healing.*
Everleigh:
She took a careful sip of the drink and then started to blow on it some. She spoke softly as she stared into the cup. She dared not watch where Diamond was going for fear that she might actually see Ross, which was not something she was ready to do just yet. "Do you?" She asked looking over to Damien once more. It was a stupid thing to say and she knew it once it had left her lips but it was too late now. She sighed a bit. "I am guessing you heard all about everything that happened."
Damien Wetherford:
"I think we all do, to some degree." He gave Diamond a nod as she stepped off to deliver Ross' drink, looking back to Everleigh. "Some of it, yeah. What happened as far as you're concerned?"
Everleigh:
"an accident caused by panic.." She said as if that answered everything thought it left so many other things open to questioning. When she was not cleaning the spot on the floor she kept her distance that much was easy to see. "A stupid stupid accident by a stupid stupid person"
Damien Wetherford:
"You're not stupid, Everleigh." He said quietly, looking her over with neither pity nor scorn in his gaze. "We all have breaking points; you happened to hit yours."
Diamond:
*And she came back with a skittering motions, just sitting by to grab her own chocolate cup and hug it in her hands*
Everleigh:
"How many others have almost killed someone when they hit theirs?" She finally looked up letting her eyes meet Damien's. There was an emptiness to those eyes though not all of it was due to her current mood. It was just the way the pawn had been since their escape. She took a big drink and shifted on her feet some, the silver cord coming from her back shifting as she did. Seeing Diamond coming back she bit her lip a moment before she asked softly. "How is he?"
Damien Wetherford:
"That I couldn't say." He finally took a sip of his own cup, giving Diamond a nod as she returned. "I've personally had...issues with being touched when I didn't want to be, so I do understand that."
Diamond:
*She blinked to Ever* uh... I.... d.. din't... stay to talk? *she said softly* h.. he looks f.. fine...just...you know... h.. he's scary
Everleigh:
"but you never stabbed anyone for touching you have you?" She asked and then her eyes turned to Diamond a brow raising slightly at her words. "Hes scary? How is he scary..."
Damien Wetherford:
02/16/2020 5:26 am "I haven't, no. Nearly decked someone a few times, though."
Diamond:
eh... uh.... he... j.. just.. is? *she shrank her shoulders a bit* th..t hen... I.. I used to ... b.. be scared of Damien too... an.. and.... I... uh... kind of.... diamond stormed someone... *she deserved it tho... kinda... just a bit... with an underside, she started fidgeting.*
Everleigh:
"I am told that punching would have been preferable to what happened.." She said and as she does her eyes shift to Diamond. Her brow raises slightly. "I am not familiar with a..Diamond storm so I am unsure exactly what it is you did."
Damien Wetherford:
"I was a little...intense when we first got out." He looked to Diamond at that, smirking a touch. "Was able to convince her that wasn't a 24/7 thing after a while, though."
Diamond:
eh.... just... diamonds... everywhere...and huuh... yea... is.... getting better... somme... are still scary
Everleigh:
"I see. Well I hope I have not been too scary" She glanced between the two shifting on her feet some.
Everleigh:
She bit her lip some and looked to Diamond "I should try to get some rest. I..have not slept since well before last night. Thank you for the Hot Chocolate it is very good"
Diamond:
*she nodded* ah.. i.. is fine... an.. and you shou.. shouldn't worry...s... so much.... j.. just.. talk to him... when you can
Everleigh:
She gave the other girl a sad smile. "I may but I am sure he hates me" She tried to smile again though it did not reach her empty eyes. "Thanks again Diamond. Have a good night." With that she turned and made her way towards her room.
Diamond:
*She... nodded, letting her go.. as she stayed there to finish her chocolate*

Return to “Changeling”