Catching Up [Attn: ST]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
QuicksilverFox85

Re: Catching Up [Attn: ST]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:06 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
The cracks that Artie's revelation had sent through Damien's grasp on reality started to widen under that cold gaze, causing the Darkling to pause as the want to be anywhere but there suddenly rose up. Nonetheless he did his best to push through it, although the usual confidence that infused the Darkling was decidedly lacking. "We were...talking about what happened that let us make it back here, and were...wondering what you remembered. Out of curiosity."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:24 am

Victoria pauses a moment, considering. Tapping her fingers against the board almost contemplatively. "Too much. Not the kind of things I'd like to dredge up here, though. The past is the past - it matters little now, except to advise how we proceed in the future."

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:48 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"Fair enough on not bringing it up here." Damien nodded, having expected that answer in some respects. He spared Artie a look to see if he wanted to press it any further there or to try again at the hollow.

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:52 am

Artie gave a little awkward smile and said, "Well um... if you want to talk about it, we're open to heading back soon..."

Victoria gave a slow blink, to Artie, and then looked over to Shelby. Then to Damien, before asking, "What's on your mind, Damien?"

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:27 pm

Damien Wetherford
Now that was a loaded question, wasn’t it...

“Found out something about someone I was close to before we left that hit a little hard.”. Understatement of the decade, that. “I’ll be good, though.”

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Thu Sep 26, 2019 12:40 am

"Did they die?" She asked coolly, watching him with a careful glance that could be mistaken for an apathetic, or even annoyed, glare.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:23 am

Damien Wetherford
Damien shook his head, quietly thankful that hadn't been the case but not voicing it directly. "No...they're getting married, so reconnecting with them will be more difficult than I expected, and I already knew it was going to be rough before that."

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:42 am

Victoria considered that a moment. She was always hide to read, even in these moments, but you could guess she was likely thinking as she watched him. Her gaze shifted over to Artie, then back to Damien. "Tell me what you learned. Take a seat. I want to hear it all."

Artie himself seemed to blink at that, but took a seat two spots away from her so that Damien could sit next to her. The computers were not designed to see each other, so he wouldn't have a view of Victoria's screen unless he looked over what she was doing, but he could access his own computer while talking with her.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:27 pm

Damien Wetherford
Damien looked surprised himself but took the offered seat, remaining quiet for a moment as he figured out where to start. "I don't know if you knew him, but Ryan Breckenridge and I were seeing each other before I left. We both kept it quiet since our families would have thrown us out on our asses if they knew, but we had plans to come out and leave here when we graduated. My...other half broke that promise, it seems, and there was a big enough split between him and Ryan that he's got me blocked just about everywhere. I hadn't been able to find out much on him since we got back, but Artie did his magic after Shelby mentioned Ryan to him and found out that he's getting married."

He let out a slow breath, looking towards the Queen. "I knew that catching back up with him was going to be bad to start from whatever caused that split and it's been long enough that I shouldn't be surprised that he moved on, but still...it hurts."

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:08 am

Victoria listened, thinking as she listened. After a moment, she said, "But you do intend to try to try to catch up with him? To rekindle that something you had before?"

Return to “Changeling”