Catching Up [Attn: ST]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
QuicksilverFox85

Re: Catching Up [Attn: ST]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:10 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"Right...thanks for letting me know, at least. Better to find out now rather than later." The Darkling nodded slowly, sitting back in his chair as the gears turned in his mind. "I wouldn't mind knowing where I could run into him, though."

"I wonder if we can even get a computer in where we are...not that we have anything else we'd need for it, other than the phone line." He mulled that over, looking towards Artie. "Think that'd be worth talking to Ana or Leone about?"

QuicksilverFox85 has rolled an Clarity Check roll (3 dice), getting 9, 4, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. QuicksilverFox85 has 2 successes.
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:26 am

"Dunno, to be honest," Artie said, looking to him, "It'd be useful to me for sure, but we'd probably want to get enough to share. May be better to try to figure out how to connect a hallow to an apartment or suite or something, get a place on this side to crash for technological stuff. I mean, I could probably do more with it than anyone but I mean... technology is an outlet. We come here and even Victoria is using the computers, right?" He shrugged a bit.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:10 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"True...plus it would be good to have an address on this side of things to tie stuff to if we need it." A hand went to the back of the Darkling's neck to massage it as he spoke, trying to focus on the topic at hand rather than letting his mind wrap back around to the revelation he had just been struck with. "Would be worth looking into once we're able to get some money coming in."

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:50 am

"Yeah. I want to say talk to Richie about how to get money, but most of his stuff is going to be... well, most of everything we do is going to have to be dirty and under the table unless we can get new identities. That takes connections though, none of which we seem to have - at least not -real- identities. We could work out a negotiation with something though - an agreement of sorts with the right kind of thing would be enough for a few people to be on the grid." Artie considered and then looked to him, after a moment saying, "God its... overwhelming sometimes. Like, I'm glad we got the lot of us together. It'd suck being separated. But because we can't be separated, its also harder to figure out what to do to establish everything because everyone is focused on everyone more than the individual."

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:00 am

Damien Wetherford
Damien nodded quietly, looking to Artie in return after a moment. He couldn't imagine how much worse it would have been dealing with all of this shit alone, but managing the needs of the group was a challenge of its own. "It is, yeah. We've managed so far, though, and we'll get something figured out. I'm willing to be part of the first wave, if anything; been thinking about seeing if any restaurants in town are hiring. I've got an idea of what I'm doing in the kitchen and it could be a food source beyond what we forage for."

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 am

"Think one of the big hurdles too is the people. Once we get into the Freehold proper there will be people who understand our situation better who we can... you know. Work with."

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:47 pm

Damien Wetherford

"Right. And I would bet that they have people who handle that kind of paperwork for other new arrivals too."

Damien spared the shelves a brief glance to see if Shelby had come up for air yet before looking back to Artie. "Guess we'll see when we get there."

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:23 am

"Or would be able to get us in contact with the right people to get that handled," Artie said. "Honestly, a part of me once we get settled want to try an Algarithm or something to see if I can figure out who is the most likely people to be... well, like us. Probably would be too easy to work." He chuckled.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:33 am

Damien Wetherford
"Oh?" Damien's eyebrow arched a touch at that. "How so?"

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:35 am

"I mean if it were simple enough for an algorithm to figure out, we'd likely not have the Lost issue to begin with. People would have figured it out. So I'm thinking its probably a bit more complex than a computer can work up. Then again, maybe not - if a fae built one..."

Return to “Changeling”