Come Little Children (Diamond, Damien - Vertigo)

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
QuicksilverFox85

Re: Come Little Children (Diamond, Damien - Vertigo)

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:35 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"Like any kid that age usually is." Damien shook his head with a wry smirk. "I remember my sister being able to get away with damn near anything when she was that old. It always drove me nuts since she was only two years younger than me but could get away with murder while I'd get my ass beat if I tried it."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Elsaa

Postby Elsaa » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:26 am

*She kept peeking at the cats... too late... heart stolen! kittie with kittie!!!! she shifted juuuuuust enough to give them better shelter, and peered to Damien, then to Leone, then to Damien, then down... did she had any sisters? or brothers? she had NOT thought about that...*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:41 am

"I dread to think of what she's going to look like when the Puppy comes," Leone said, shaking her head.

"What are you all doing over here?" A voice said above them, resonating in the air. A small figure - another child - had come, though not by door. She floated looking up at them, silver hair pooling down and around her, eyes glowing with power. She levitated above them, arms outstretched almost like her hands held her up on nothing.

"Whoa, Wisp... since when can you fly!?" Charles exlaimed, with Tom perking up.

"What? This?" She looked around her, and said, "The Spring King taught me how to do it."

"No fair... show me too!" Charles said.

"No. I'm special." Wisp said, sticking her tongue out.

"Wisp, get down here," Leone said, pointing to the ground. "You aren't supposed to be here either, and -- wait, since when can the Spring King levitate?"

"It's part of this realm, and has a lot to do with perspective." Wisp said, floating. "As far as not being supposed to be here, I got the big man's permission himself. Heck, I got the big girls too. The Summer Queen said, and I quote "Safer you here with your friends than out there, alone and watched by Tom of all people. I don't know what mother maple was thinking, putting that boy in charge of babysitting you guys."

"HEY!" Tom said, while the small white bundle seemed to... if cats could giggle.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:29 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"She'll probably need an insulin shot, more likely than not." Damien smirked a touch, looking Diamond over before the young Lost floating into the room caught his attention. He nodded at Wisp's mention of perspective, knowing how that went with the contract he had at his command on that front. The slight at Tom earned a small chuckle, which only grew at his indignation.

"Who is the Summer Queen, out of curiosity?" He looked to Leone at that. "Guessing that we haven't run into her yet."

Elsaa

Postby Elsaa » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:12 am

*Diamond perked too with Tom, looking at the pretty girl, then blinking* Tom is not bad....*not a good babysitter, yea ok... but..... KITTAH! equals cute!!!! And a look to Damien, then back to Leone finally, then a blink* uh? insuline shot? Summer Queen?

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:32 am

"I am an excellent baby sitter. I can site my references. I would like to list every child I've ever watched, period. They all love me. LOVE ME I SAY," Tom lifted his nose defiantly as he got kisses from Katie.

"Uh huh," Leone said, considering Damien's question, "To be honest, I don't think you've met any of the Monarchy, have you? Like, they have crowns typically. Even Mattias, though sometimes he conceals it. I suppose they can all do that if they so will it and don't want to be treated differently. As far as who she is... let me see if I can see her from here and point her out..."

She looked up and around at the various rooms.

"The Summer Queen is pretty much all lollipops and rainbows." Tom says.

Leone looks at him and raises her eyebrow, "Seriously, Tom, you got a Death Wish over there?"

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 4:47 am

Damien Wetherford
Damien nodded, smirking a touch at Tom's commentary. "On that note," he asked off-hand as he looked over the gathered Lost as well, "someone mentioned that I reminded them of the Spring King, if he was a knight rather than a king. Did he end up on the board like we did?"

Elsaa

Postby Elsaa » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:32 am

*She looked to Tom* well th... t.. that is b.. becasue... y.. you are adorable *she whispered to him, and looked around*.. h.. how ma.. many kids... are we missing? *and a blink to Damien*.. t.. think so?

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:07 am

At Damien's question, there was a sort of perk up - from both Ross and Mindy. Anavel was the first to answer, but it was to clarify, "Well - he IS like a game piece, I can tell you that, though I couldn't tell you if he was kept by the same person you were. Game pieces are a common use of people to the others and the Spring King..."

"In the eight years I've known him, I don't think he's ever really mentioned that side of the Hedge - even when he was in the Summer Court prior. And he's never joined a Motley, so - while he's popular among people, his Durance details are unknown." Leone added.

"When you are friends with the Gods, you don't NEED Motley's," Hazel said, almost proudly - a rare bit of emotion. "The Prince of Whispers literally bound one of the strangers in chains of iron and made it his bit--

"LANGUAGE." Anavel and Leone cut the girl off.

She clears her throat, "My point stands. The Spring King is in a Motley with the Pantheon, right? Kinda?"

Leone shrugged.

"Actually --" Wisp started to clarify on the Spring King bit, but...

"IFOUNDYOU!" A voice calls out. The worlds smallest flowering comes stomping into the room like she owns the place. Peablossom beams excitedly as she waltz in, right up until she sees Anavel and her face sours. "What are -you- doing here?"

"Peablossom!" Leone says.

"What? It's an honest question. I mean, you are fine with her coming but -we're- too young?" Peablossom huffs.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:47 pm

Damien Wetherford
Damien nodded quietly at the answers to his question, filing away those little tidbits for later investigation. Hazel's talk of the Gods and one of them actively chaining up one of the Kindly Ones got him looking at the young Lost, eyebrow arched up firmly. "They can do that?"

One more reason to steer clear of Amber and her ilk, it seemed...

Peablossom's sudden arrival caught his attention, with the Darkling looking a little puzzled since he hadn't realized they had beaten her into the room to begin with. Her reaction to Anavel's presence was equally confusing, leading him to give the Elemental a curious look.

Return to “Changeling”