Impossible Beauty [Log: Damien, Diamond]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
QuicksilverFox85

Re: Impossible Beauty [Log: Damien, Diamond]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:04 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
Shelby would have indeed gotten such a look from Damien if she had glanced his way, watching the back and forth between the hob and the other Lost as it unfolded. He nodded quietly at Diamond's comment, sparing Richie a brief "worth a shot" look; at this point the Icon sounded more worth the effort than the leaf, if only because there was another source for the latter and there was the possibility of getting an ally through having it in their posession. "Say we're interested in the Icon. What sort of trade would you be willing to take for it?"
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Elsaa

Postby Elsaa » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:35 am

*as Damien got her words, she didn't say more, instead just listening again, and keeing herself quiet*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:53 am

Storyteller
The Rabbit Goblin smirked, and said, "Why not pay in some of your time? The leaves only come about once a year after all. Most times to get one, you'd spend a whole year waiting. For a one of the kind icon, belonging to royalty no less? That's a once in a lifetime bargain - makes a year cheap for the opportunity."

"Royalty, you said?" Stolis smirked, and the goblin shrugged.

"You assume its courtly royalty, but I think those Chess Pieces know there is more to royalty than your ... local courts. I'd not read into it, Doc."

Damien Wetherford
Damien's eyebrow arched at the mention of the royal nature of the memory's owner, sparing the other pieces a quick glance before looking back to the hob. "We only just got our time back. Not sure we'd want to give it away again so soon."

Diamond
*another peek... how.. did you exactly give out time, she bit her lips, and gave the shop a peek from aroud Damien, juuust peeking*

Management:
Storyteller has rolled 8 dice, getting 7, 3, 1, 9, 9, 1, 4, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Storyteller has 2 successes.

Management:
Storyteller has rolled 7 dice, getting 8, 10, 8, 8, 2, 4, 9, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Storyteller has 5 successes.

Storyteller
"Sorry, Bugs - I agree with the kids on that one. Anyone could see an open ended statement of a year would be a bad buy in this case. But I will give you an hour. An hour of my time, to use to help you with one task within the next week, that I must be alerted to a day in advance before it being called upon. And the leaf, of course."

Shelby looked to Stolis, then to the Frog, and said, "A day. I will give you a day where I'm helping out around the stall. Same terms, though it doesn't have to be this week. I'm a wizened, so I'm good with my hands, and can use them to help increase your product at no cost to you."

Richie cleared his throat and said, "The day would be all at once. No '1 hour' here, '1 hour there' kind of business. But besides that, we could offer... two sets of hands at once. That's twice the help, twenty four times the amount of time. All used at once though."

The shop owner considered that, thinking of how best this could be turned to his advantage. After a moment, he said, "Tempting, tempting. One a Courtier, two courtless, one powerful, two not so much but... the distance in time alone seems worth it. Alright. I've decided. The Icon will go to Stolis. If you still want the leaf, that's time is your price. I'll even throw in a contract to teach you how to make physical manifestations of dreams yourself as a measure of good faith and future business. Only for one of you though."

Damien Wetherford
Damien remained quiet as both Shelby and Richie made their offers, frowning a touch but giving a nod. He made no offer of his own time, but knowing him he would probably end up accompanying Shelby when she was fulfilling her end of the bargain. He looked towards the other pieces to see if they found the terms agreeable; this was their call at this point.

Diamond
*she fidged.... and the muttered * w... we have ... the diamonds...

Storyteller
"Oh yeah we do!" Shelby smiled and pulled out Diamonds, showing them to the Goblin. "You know how your leaf is the embodiment of fear? Well these are the embodiment of my frustration, condensed and solidified into beautiful jewels. Feel them. You can feel the annoyance, the raw agitation from having a dream to put to the paint and being unable to cast it properly. My heart and soul is in these stones, you know?"

She beamed and said, "Three Pieces of Frustration for one token of fear. Or, I'll add them into the arrangement plus our time for the Icon."

Stolis smirked, and said, "I should very much like to see this alleged painting that you are making."

The goblin considered a moment, and said, "I'm sorry. The bargain's already struck, but ... I can give you what we know of the one who had it before we did for the Diamonds. If your interested in knowing whose it is, that information would be invaluable."

Damien Wetherford
He spared Diamond a glance as the stones she had on her were brought up, looking towards the hob as Shelby offered them. Getting the Icon would have been preferred, of course, but knowing who it belonged to before - and where it was, with Stolis getting it - was something they could work with. "Works for me."

Diamond
*she fidgeted even more, holding a tad tighter onto Damien, but feeling so utterly lost as to what to do and how that.... that.... she kind of looking around at them!*

Storyteller
Shelby hrmed, and then nodded and said, "Alright."

The Goblin smiled, and took the leaf from Stolis, while handing him a crystaline shard filled with water. It glowed with an ethereal, familiar beauty... almost hallowed, almost sacred. Dr Stolis smiled, and looked over it, before a feeling of magic left his fingertips, and he closed his eyes. His lips curled into a very, very sinister smile, and he laughed and said, "Well now. If that isn't rich."

He looked to the Goblin, and said, "Thank you, Bugs. I look forward to future business with you."

The hedge shuddered, and he stepped back, and away with the new icon in hand, not particularly caring for what was done with the leaf or anything else.

The Rabbit waited, and motioned for them to lean in, before pushing the leaf, and a small piece of parchment.

"As for the Lost who that used to belong to... She's young, like you four. Actually, she's younger than you four, physically at least. Got out about two years ago. When she got out, she was carried in a bowl by a small, tiny orange cat boy that the Lost Boys call the Little Fisher Cat. As he ran through the hedge, she lost pieces of herself... like that... as it splashed out of the bowl. Find a girl like that, and you'll find the owner. Shouldn't be too hard."

Damien Wetherford
Damien kept his gaze firmly on the good doctor as he headed off with his prize, eyes narrowed as the echoes of that laugh rang in his ears. Once the man was out of sight he turned his attention back to the hob, taking the leaf and the parchment assuming that Shelby didn't beat him to it first. The description given was filed away, along with the group that the aforementioned cat seemed to belong to.

Diamond
*She gasped and moved quickly back behind Damien as the man seemed to.... laugh, frowning, nononononononononono not good, not good, not good.... ok, she made ONE little last try, and tried to command the little crystal to come to her pocket, JUUUST in case she could, because as she heard the description she just kept thinking NOT GOOD!!!!*

Storyteller
Nope. The Crystal was not Diamond. Hell, it wasn't even earth aligned. Shelby considered a moment, and looked to the others. "You said it was royalty."

"She was carried out of Arcadia in a bowl by one of her servants. If that isn't royalty, what is?"

Shelby hrmed, and took the items, looking to the others. "Let's... head back. I think we should ask both about the Icon and that... Doctor."

"Seconded," Richie said.

Damien Wetherford
"Agreed." Damien nodded, looping an arm around Diamond's shoulder to help reassure the Elemental as best as he could. He looked towards the hob and gave it a nod as well before moving towards the market's exit, keeping an eye out along the way.

Diamond
*She kind of shrinked under Damien's arm, but did 'curl' towards him, still peering the way Mr. Creepy had gone too... badbadbadbadbad, and she did wishper* badbad, that was bad...

Storyteller
"Either way. Its a good thing we came here, no? We learned a thing! AND got my leaf!" Shelby beamed, happily, admiring it and observing it to ensure, of course, authenticity. Yup. Authentic. Note to self, in the future, don't risk it by not checking the product firsthand.

"You okay Diamond?" Richie asked, as they started moving home.

Damien Wetherford
"One hell of a way to meet the locals..." Damien replied with a shake of his head, looking Diamond over as she curled in towards him.

Diamond
*she shook her head to Richie, but didn't want to say her name THERE in the middle of the HEdge, she'll wait to get to the Hollow, she'll wait... shook her head and then leaned, so she could wishper in Damien's ear, just because he was closer* Anavel *as low as she could, like if she dind't want anything or anyone to hear her! but him. Mean she could be wrong, but it WAS the only water creature they knew, and and and and and and and BAD*

Storyteller
Richie watches her, furrowing his brows, but doesn't interrupt the whisper. Shelby, for her part, is happy with her purchase. "OH! Thanks, by the way Richie. For the negotiation help."

"Yeah, yeah. Just don't forget your side of the bargain."

Damien Wetherford
Damien's eyebrows went up at the whisper, the gears turning immediately. If it was hers, that was going to make things interesting quick. "Maybe..." he whispered back, massaging her shoulder a bit as they walked. "We'll see."

"Who's going to be the second set of hands, on that note?" He looked to Richie at that, an eyebrow arched. "You taking that, or should we talk about that when we get back?"

Diamond
*She frowned, not relaxing, but holding on tighter to him as they went, peering to Richie, and telling -him-*I... Ithink.. th.. tha was... bad... and worse

Storyteller
"Honestly, I think Diamond or Mindy would be best. They could use the outside exposure," Richie said calmly. "And I think Shelby is terrifying enough to protect either of them."

"Yeah... I don't think we'd be able to convince EITHER of them of that..."

Damien Wetherford
"Yeah, don't see that happening either." He shook his head quietly. "I'd be willing, if anything."

Diamond
*She STARED at Richie!! like if he had become Dr. Creepy and shook her head, moving to hide BEHIND Damien from him*

Storyteller
"Hey hey - its just a thought. You gotta learn to talk with folks and handle yourself. Like, the way you two act it... worries me that hunterhearts will smell the fear and it will draw more attention than your trying to gain." Richie shrugged. "It'll be you or me, Damien. We'll find out when the Goblin calls on the favor, for whoever's available at the time."

Shelby smiled and looked to the three of them, and said, "AND we got a bit of magic on top of it!"

Damien Wetherford
Damien stopped mid-step as Diamond zipped around behind him, giving her a reassuring smile before looking back to Richie and nodding. He saw where the other knight was coming from and didn't disagree, truth be told. "May be better to stick with the shallow end and get them used to being out outside the Thorns first."

"Works for me." He glanced to Shelby at her exclamation, eyeing the parchment somewhat warily. "That we did...not one that I've heard of off-hand, either."

Diamond
*She.... stayed behind Damien, firmly*

Storyteller
She smiled and said, "Guess its a Goblin thing?"
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Return to “Changeling”