Catching Up [Log: Damien, Destiny, Diamond]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
QuicksilverFox85
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Catching Up [Log: Damien, Destiny, Diamond]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Set the day after

Storyteller
Last night, something had apparently happened between Damien, Diamond, and Lily - something that had caused a loud enough ruckus to wake up pretty much everyone in the hallow, and caused Diamond to run and seclude herself in her room while Lily did much the same. The events are, as of this moment, a hotly debated topic.

Destiny, being Diamond's semi-roommate (they didn't really share rooms, as much as were neighbors who had an unlockable door connecting their rooms), might have been able to get something out of the Trophy, but the Trophy wasn't really talking to anyone - or hadn't been, anyways. Damien had gotten to have a conversation about it with her that never really addressed the core of the argument that you could find.

Still - that brief explosion in the night between them seemed to be a curiosity in the group. Funny - theoretically all of you were gone for eight years, but they could still gossip and come to the most insane conclusions about what may or may not have happened regarding the event.

Lily, for her part, had done as Diamond had - distanced herself from the rest of the group - but a lot of the pieces don't go to bed for the rest of the evening. It meant people were up at 4 o clock that morning, apparently... Not too unusual though. Nightmares would have woken most of them up anyways if the two of them hadn't.

The Hallow is mostly vacant, by the time that Lily wakes herself up and goes peeking... knocking on Destiny's door, of all people's -- if she's not in the middle of the common room to begin with.

Destiny
She however, had woken up briefly and fallen back to sleep, mostly because the bottle she had downed was heavy in her belly

She woke up and splashed water on her face, and wandered out "what happened?" She asked, her eyes squinting "and do we have access to asprine?"

*well, opened the door at anyrate*

Damien Wetherford
While Destiny may or may not be in the common room Damien was, having emerged once again after getting an hour or two of sleep in. When Lily exited her room he was sitting on the couch they had both been sitting on before this whole mess started, reading through one of the books that he had claimed from the library earlier in the week. Hazel eyes looked up from the pages as the Queen made herself known, giving her a nod but not interrupting just yet as she seemed to be a woman on a mission.

Storyteller
Damien was... well, she missed Damien's presence as she went to Destiny. As Destiny opens the door, she can see the White Queen there - the Flowering dressed in very pretty white pajamas, clearly having just come out of bed herself. "Hey, Destiny. Um... I don't think so? I think Richie would be the one to talk to ... well, about most drugs to be honest, but Aspirin seems like something simple." She paused and said, "So... your a leechfinger. I was wondering if you'd mind checking out a small cut I made yesterday, to make sure it heals fine? It was suggested something might still be in it, so I wasn't sure if that'd be an issue with healing, or dis comfortable... Like, I've heard if you get a glass cut and the wound heals over the glass, then your stuck with it and it could cause problems? And I figured you might be able to give your opinion on the topic."

She was rambling a bit, she noticed, and mentally, she chided herself. Her head was all over the place right now, which made just talking and trying to formulate a sentence... weird.

Destiny
Her eye brows came together and she stared at the queen for a moment, before nodding. She lifted a hand with fingers that where all to long, reminded herself of those old nosferatu videos in black and white...hell the blood tips made her think of it more "Let me see.."

Diamond
*Well she... had stayed in her room since talking to Damien, but she did figure out she... should.... tak to Lily, she had just snapped at her when she was trying to help, so... after a lot of hesitation and... of course dressing up.... she.. peeked from her door, or course JUST seeing Destiny and Lily RIGHT there! next door, made her eep and disappear again! she hadn't expected to see her that soon!!!!*

Damien Wetherford
Seeing that Lily was getting her hand looked at Damien nodded quietly to himself, going back to his book for the moment but keeping an ear on the conversation. He had a feeling that the conversation he wanted to have with her would probably go better between just the two of them...

Management:
Destiny has rolled an Wits 3 plus meds 2 roll (5 dice), getting 5, 9, 10, 10, 5, 5, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Destiny has 3 successes.

Storyteller
Lily smiled a bit, and offered her hand. Without even doing a full look over it, you can tell that that isn't a particularly light cut. It'd already started healing, but the wound is deep and kind of bruising. It looks small enough that it wasn't done by a blade. Your gaze shifts between her hand, and Lily's crown, which had thorns enough to do a wound like this. This much damage though, wouldn't be done by a casual scrape through her hair or anything like that. Especially not that bruising surrounding the wound. If you had to guess, you'd say that it had probably been intentional - someone had slammed one of those thorns in her hand. You can even see faint edges on the back, that suggests it went clean through. There are no remnants of it having broken off inside the hand though, and honestly since the crown was part of Lily, it was likely even if there was her body would break down the elements and ensure that it healed properly.

It's not a big enough wound to warrant the use of shared burden. But she'd likely not be using her hand all that well for another day, and even after it would be healing for another week or so. She winces a bit unconsciously as she shows it to you, but doesn't seem to notice that - her attention seems to be on Diamonds' door... which is why she notices when the door opens.

"Oh! Morning Diamond!"

It was afternoon.

Destiny
She turned the hand over delicately and made a chuff sound in the back of her throat. She looked up at Lily and asked softly "Did you try to take your crown off?"

Her red eyes darted over to diamond and offered her a bit of a smile before looking back at Lily "Its deep...went straight through, you need it to be bandaged but, your not really going to be using this hand for a few weeks"

Diamond
*oh... too late, too late, backpedal, hide! she bit her lips breathed .... aaand peeked again, seeming sheepish as she kind of ... stayed like that just peeking so she could try a low* h... go.. good mor...ing...*was it morning still?, she binked then fidgeted, and the whispered again* I uhh.... w.. wanted t.. to apologize fo... for screaming....

Damien Wetherford
The mention of 'morning' caught Damien's attention, his eyebrow arched as he looked back over to the pair - or trio, as it was now. He gave Diamond a small smile and a nod before looking back towards Lily and Destiny as the Ogre gave her diagnosis.

Storyteller
"No," Lily said honestly. "That'd be kind of pointless. If you look closely you can see - the Crown is actually connected to my head, so trying to remove it would be ... kind of painful, actually. Though now I'm curious what happens if we get it off."

She seemed considerate, before shaking her head, "I had a towel wrapped up around it earlier. We don't have bandages yet, but it stopped bleeding so I figured it'd be fine unless it reopened..."

Her gaze looked over Diamond and she smiled, "Don't worry about it. Water under the bridge. You doing better?"

Destiny
She gave a slow nod "I had noticed" She lifted up the flowerings hand "it looks to be simular to what caused this" she let her hand go "still, would be good to put something on it to prevent infection or reopening"

Diamond
*She did....looked to Destiny and offered a little * hi...*catching Damien, he got a small wave, but she... did look to Lilly again, fidgeting* I... I... think so... just... I.. I'm not good at.... t.. talking with people... n.. not used to words... I. I think

Damien Wetherford
Damien returned the wave, sliding a bookmark into the book in his hand once he did so. He remained seated for the moment, though, simply watching the trio for the time being.

Storyteller
"Yeah it was. Just... wasn't that that did it," She said, smiling to destiny. "I can use a rag for now till we can get some bandages. Honestly a first aid kit seems like a reasonable thing to look into grabbing, especially for a group like us."

She smiled a bit more, and looked to Diamond, and said, "It's fine. I still think the thing with you-know-who needs to be resolved, but - its fine."

She lowered her hand, and said, "So... have you guys looked into what all happened since we got... you know. Taken?"

Destiny
Her brow shot up and she looked over at diamond mouthing, you know who? Then shrugged and stepped out shutting her door "aspirin or bourbon would be nice.."

Diamond
*She winced a bit at the look from Destiny, murmuring* just.... something.... uh.... is fine...*she fidgeted, and just looked down* s... she did... apologize and ... and.. uhhuh.... ehrg...*oh! Taken! uh* I... don't ... even... know... who... I was.... so..... no?

Damien Wetherford
"I have been." Damien finally chimed in at Lily's last question, holding up the book he had in hand. "Some good things, but a lot of the same 'system grinding down everyone who isn't at the top of the food chain' bullshit too."

Storyteller
She nodded and then said, "I've been meaning to try to get with people and figure out a plan for what we want to do. I mean, I know we want to do the Homecoming thing, at least - I think most of us do, to get to know the rest of the changeling society locally? But... that's still a little bit away and there are things we could do to get to know what we're walking into..."

She blinked, and said, "OH YEAH!"

She looked to Diamond, and said, "The card you were given. Let me see it?"

Destiny
She shook her head and went to look around the kitchen for something to help her headache, and grabbed a huge glass for water. Water helped, then came over to sit at the couch "Im dreading even looking into it" She said with honesty. She uncurled her hand with its over long fingers and looked at it, before sitting back and taking a long drink of the water.

She blinked at Lily and Diamond, and looked at Damien "What are they going on about, homecoming? card?"

Diamond
*She watched Destiny move away.. there was her hiding post for moving out of the room... she stayed by the door, for now, giving a little jump at the abrupt 'oh yea!' and blinking at Lily.... unsure... but after thinking about it for a moment,.. mean... she... they were... uhmm... she disappeared into her room, so she could... show her... *

Damien Wetherford
"I looked into what 'I've' been up to, too...guy's been a total shitheel, made my teeth itch." Damien replied to Destiny as she grabbed a seat on the couch, moving over a bit to give her space. "It's a party that the local folks here do every year, kind of a 'congrats for getting out' sort of thing from what I can tell. Anavel mentioned we were invited the day she and Amber came by with the clothes for everyone. The card's from an... interesting conversation we have with one of the leadership without knowing it a couple nights ago."

Storyteller
"Yeah, apparently they met the "Winter King" Which... I don't think you were there for that conversation. Apparently there are these Courts, which are like fae groups. The local area apparently has 4 but MIGHT have 5? Seemed weird they were not sure about it, but it's apparently tied to seasons so I'm not sure why they'd have a fifth one. Anyways, they have a Spring Court, A Summer Court, an Autumn Court, and a Winter Court.... and about fifty different names for each of them. Like, the Winter Court is also called the Court of Night, the Court of Shadows, the Ebony Court, the Court of Secrets, the Hidden Ones, and the list goes on. They do a lot of hiding, according to Anavel, and are tied to the emotion of Sorrow... which is, apparently, also something that the courts are tied to. Emotions. I don't know, I guess they have about a thousand ties to something meant to confuse the Old Ones to make it harder to find the Lost?"

Destiny
She just kinda grunted and leaned back "i see" she looked to diamond "What do you say sparkles, you wanna go to the party?"

Diamond
*She watched Damien, then Lily biting her lip, as she fidgets looking to Destiny* eh.. I... d.. don't know... s.. sounds li. like... there w.. will be too many people

Diamond
*she started as she came back out, card in hand*

Damien Wetherford
"They'll probably have somewhere you can duck into for breathing room." Damien knew that he would probably need it himself, truth be told, so he hoped that would be the case, at least. "I think it'll be worth going to, though, if only to get to know the other locals and see where we fit as far as the courts are concerned."

Storyteller
Lily nodded and said, "If there are any doubts... Let people know before hand. We already decided its everyone or no one going, so if you don't feel like you can go, speak up. No one's going to be upset if that's the case, but they might be a bit annoyed if you only say you don't want to go the day before we plan on going, you know?" She took the card, and looked it over. To Destiny, she said, "Each of our clothing sets we were given were by the Court of Innocence. Tied to Spring, and also the group hosting the party. You know how there are two sets of clothes in everyone's clothing pile that seem... more expensive and 'party-ish' than the other clothes? I think they want us to wear one of those to the party. Some of the sets were more revealing than some of the girls were comfortable with, so if you feel like yours are not something you want to go out in public in, let me know. I have a few tricks up my sleeve that might be good for getting something more comfortable."

Her gaze looked at the card. Destiny would note that the card had an image of a Raven on the back of it. "For Diamond... There was a second card, wasn't there? Where is that one?"

Destiny
She smiled a little at Diamond "it will be okay I think, and if we all are going that is a good plan" she said looking back at the others

She considered and nodded "Ill look at the clothing again" She peeked at the card too and turned it over to inspect it

Diamond
*She fidgeted* I... i.. if everyone is.. g.. going.. I... Ican go... I... just.... can.. stik to you? *softly.... as she eyed them looking over at the cards, she fidget more and whispered* f... for Mindy

Damien Wetherford
"Fine by me." He nodded to Diamond with a small smile. "Hoping it's not going to be a repeat of some of the parties my parents dragged me to when I was a kid, although with this crowd I doubt it."

Storyteller
She nodded, and Destiny would find that it was not impossible to take the card from Lily's grip to look at it - not in the slightest.

"For Mindy? Mindy wasn't there with you when you met him though, was she? Did you mention her or something?"

Destiny
"you could. you might want to dance though" She grinned and gave the card back to lily and then leaned back and listened

Diamond
*She smiled a tad to Damien thankful of that, and to Destiny, fidgeting more as the card goes back and forth.... not sure why, she wasn't even planning on phoning him! was not!! not!!... uh? She blinks to Lily* I.... I... told M.. Mindy... p.. probably.... th.. they all know us?... th. the did... put... our names in.. the bags...

Damien Wetherford
"Anavel got our names that night, yeah, but I don't know how far that information went." Damien sat back in his seat, frowning a touch. "He still rubs me the wrong way, not going to lie. King or not."

Storyteller
Lily looked to the card, and then handed it back to Diamond, "Do me a favor and put this number on the wall with the other three. He may not have given us all a card, but we don't know a lot of people so if people decide they want to look into things, having that number can't hurt the group."

She looked to Damien, and said, "You think he's dangerous?"

Dumb question, she figured. Anyone is dangerous. Some are just moreso than others.

Destiny
"Why did he only give her a card?" She asked and looked at Diamond

Diamond
uuhh... o...ok *softly as she took the card back, looking it over before she... just fidgeted and put it in a pocket, biting her lips, not sure why he only gave her the card... *

Damien Wetherford
"Don't know about dangerous, but he was a sneaky little shit. Coy about who he was with, playing off like he was new at the place...I guess it makes sense considering who he is, but it still hits that 'not quite right' alarm in the back of my head."

Storyteller
"Well, one of their names is Court of Secrets. Makes sense they'd try to be secretive. That said, I think the bigger question isn't why did he only give Diamond a card, but why did he give a card to her that was meant for someone who wasn't even there at the time."

Destiny
Her brow arched "who was it for?"

Diamond
w...wel... M.. mindy w.. hasn't gone out... right? *she said softly*

Damien Wetherford
"If she has, I haven't seen it." Damien paused, having to mull that over. "Which again brings up the question of how far up the chain the information Anavel got from us has gone. Might be worth asking her on that..."

"Mindy, apparently." He looked to Destiny at that.

Storyteller
Lily nods, and recaps for Destiny, "Ok. So - apparently, Victoria and Diamond went out to a bar. Met this dude there, was nice enough. Richie and Damien enter and talk with this guy for a while. He gives Diamond two cards - one is for her, which you just saw. The other one that I asked about earlier was apparently for Mindy - who was not there at the time."

She looked to the three of them, and said, "I mean, its safe to assume that Anavel and Leone are giving their superiors information about us. At the very least, our names and who we are. That makes sense, since this Hallow was a gift from them. Kind of like leting them know whose in the neighborhood I guess? Though this situation does seem kind of weird."

Destiny
"Went to a bar without me?" She blinked looking insulted. "Bah" She waved it away "no wonder y'all are yelling"

Diamond
*She fidgeted again, and whispered to Destiny* y.. you were a.. asleep... t.. then

Damien Wetherford
"It does, yeah." Damien nodded quietly, frowning a touch. "Then again, I think we're weird for them, too, considering how many of us came out at once."

He nodded to Diamond's answer, looking over to Destiny. "Richie and I happened to be up and saw that they hadn't come back yet, so we wanted to make sure something hadn't happened to them."

Storyteller
Lily nodded, and then said, "I'll go ahead and give Anavel a call and ask about it. Are you..." She looked to Diamond, and asked, "Going to use that? Because if you or Mindy need it, anyone here will go to bat for you and back you up if they try to get you into some weird private meeting or something like that."

Destiny
She elbowed Diamond gently "Girl, ill sleep walk for bourbon"

"Honestly, I am having trouble keeping up with our own people, so many new names. I need a drink.."

Diamond
*She half smiled to Destiny at the elbow* I.. j... just...di.. din't want to w.. wake you up.... c.. can bring you something... next time? i.. if you want... I.. I can make you a list....*but also seemed to eeek and shake her head HARD at Lily* I can't!!!!

Damien Wetherford
The talk of needing a drink got Destiny a quiet look from Damien but he didn't comment on it beyond that - he had his own views on the stuff, but what she did with it wasn't his business. He gave a little nod, smirking a touch at Diamond's reaction. "I'd be willing to go if you do decide to use it, for sure."

Storyteller
Lily nodded and then said, "Okay, okay. Well - if you do, let us know. Everyone's here, for everyone."

She smiled, and said, "Now to try this new phone..."

Destiny
"just wake me up, Im not a oger or anything" She chuckled "I certainly wont eat you for trying to get me to go to the bar.." She stretched

Diamond
*She.... peeked to Damien* I... r.. really can't.. n.. not after.... th.. that...*she said softly, and nodded, sghing as she just picked a place to sit down at, and go quiet*
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Return to “Changeling”