A Night Out [Log: Damien, Diamond]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
QuicksilverFox85

A Night Out [Log: Damien, Diamond]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 2:59 pm

Victoria
You had another dream that night. This one was of a fight between you and another man. The dream was strange, and dual meaning, but that's how dreams were. You remember that he was beating you - brutal, and viscous while he ripped out your heart. You didn't care, though. You ignored it, and put up a shield to protect against his beatings, because another was beating on your leg. A beautiful little gem that shined in the darkness, which tugged against your dress - scared and alone, wondering why you were cracking at the seams. You of course showed the little gem that you were fine.

Diamonds were unbreakable.

You wake up in the middle of the night - either in your own room, or in the common room where people liked to have their various sleep parties so they didn't have to sleep alone and feel... isolated. A lot of people were still getting used to that idea of sleeping alone now, so they'd went through the process of making a whole room dedicated to group sleeping so that if people woke up and wandered the living room, they weren't waking up the vast majority of the Club.

Diamond
*She woke up with a start, looking around for the little jewl... then blinking, and looking around for the beater... then sighing... she didn't like sleeping... she had decided...

Honestly she was in her room, she was timing with Destiny, right? which means not alone, and not croweded, she was still SO not used to crowds.. and yes... even five felt like a crowd to her.

And frowned, not wanting to try the sleep again... she slowly... as per not to wake up Destiny, moved out*

Victoria
That was hardly unusual, she might notice. Sleeping was not a comfort for most of them. It strikes that that might be another reason they slept together - so that they could dream together and keep people aware that they WERE just dreams. Sometimes, it was hard to tell the difference.

Dreams seemed more real than reality sometimes.

The main living room is pretty much empty, but you can hear the signs of movement and sound in the kitchen. The faucet is running - which reminded you, there was a faucet now. Those Wizened were incredibly handy to have in the house, because they seemed like they could make anything out of anything.

You hear the sound of footsteps coming. Whoever was in the kitchen was coming into the living room.

Diamond
*Water... running water... it WAS a wonder truth be told.. when had it been the last tme she... she shook her head, not liking to remember... what she could not remember... and kind of... literaly froze hearing the footsteps coming, thinking of hiding! then thinking that was stupid, these were not enemies or bad people... so... she ended just... freezing*

Victoria
Grace. Poise. Elegance.

These were only some of the words that the Queens seemed to inspire when they walked into a room. Truth be told, the Queens put even the Trophies to shame in appearance. You remember seeing them on the battlefield, perched up in the Sky-Shelf. When they'd enter from one space to another. When they moved, and the very world moved around them.

They were powerful. You remember that. Forces of nature, that commanded the very world around them, yet were slaves to the Kings beside them.

Victoria seems both more and less than you remember of Arcadia - which is strange, because you usually don't remember anything about anyone. But you remember bits and pieces of her. Fighting in an endless war, times of piece. She wasn't like Lily - she was ruthless, cold, and never moved by her enemies fears or tears.

She's dressed in a pair of pajamas. They were black, with the logo 'Queen Bee' on top of them. Pajama shorts that exposed smooth hairless legs that you personally knew never needed to be shaved. Her hair flows back in a smooth black straight line, and her gaze is almost chilling.

"You are staring," She states calmly, perhaps to shake you out of your frozen stature. Her voice was beautiful, and it strikes you that you hadn't heard her speak enough to realize that. In her hands is a small mug, probably full of the water you had heard earlier.

Diamond
*yea... hide she should have done, is what she thought when she realized who she was, too late... she also thought, t hen a blink* uuh.. I... di... wa...*she shook her head* did not spect you *softly, then again who she had expected?no idea*

Victoria
Victoria looked to Diamond, as though sizing her up, and then said, "Were you expecting someone else then?"

Diamond
no.... *she shrugged* just... is still odd to see... anyone of you... tu.. truth be told

Victoria
Victoria considered that, and then said, "I would think you'd be used to seeing us. Isn't that pretty much all that you all did, back there? Watch, while staying still and looking pretty?"

Diamond
*She frowned, shaking her head, then frowned more as she really did not remember all it was... it didn't feel like THAT was all* I... don't know... I...*she just shakes her head*

Victoria
Victoria sighed softly, and said, "Go ahead and get dressed and ready to go."

Diamond
*She blinked, STARING this time on purpose* go?

Victoria
"Yes. Go. I want to go out, and you are clearly having difficulty sleeping. We aren't supposed to go out alone, so your coming with me. A night out, away from this... place... Might do us some good. So go get dressed, and ready to go." She said firmly, looking to the elemental with a calm, imposing gaze.

Diamond
I... i.. is't i.. it dangerous? *well she had gone out with Destiny... she felt saver with Destiny though!!!*

Victoria
"Living is dangerous," Victoria said. "Staying here is dangerous. Being out there is dangerous. Nothing you do will ever stop the world from being a dangerous place."

She finished her water, and moved towards Diamond, watching her. "Are you scared?"

Diamond
*She frowned at those statements, presing her lips, not answering right away, but then wishpering* sometimes...

Victoria
Victoria watched Diamond for what seemed like the longest moment. Her gaze was piercing, and it felt like Diamond's diamond skin would crack beneath it's gaze. Like she could see straight through the faceted shell into her heart and was weighing it. After an eternity seemed to have passed, Victoria said, "Good. It's good to be afraid. Fear will keep you alive -- but you shouldn't let it be your master. Now go get dressed, we don't have all night."

She moved to turn away, towards the kitchen as though to go and put up her cup.

Diamond
*She blinked... then just pressed her lips even more... tempted to just go hide with Destiny... but... but.... fine, she went to get dressed... maybe only because she was right... if she let herself stay scared... she was going to stay a trophy stuck in a shelf... or a room... for ever*

Victoria
When Diamond came out, Victoria was already waiting by the door to the mortal world. She was dressed in a dress that only came up to her breasts, and seemed almost perfectly made for her body. Seeing it on her, one had to wonder how the other fae had managed to pull off such a perfect fit for her - and so far, Diamond hadn't heard any one else mention their clothes not fitting. That didn't mean some didn't - at least one piece had clothes too big for her, but didn't complain because they were cute like that.

"Out of curiosity," Victoria asked, looking to Diamond. "You were in the Trophy Shelf, so I don't really know. You think if we ever needed to, you'd be able to fight?"

Diamond
*She... had picked jeans... thanks there had been jeans and not just dresses... and a shirt, that was of a deep blue, making the pale of her skit stand out in a good way, she wasn't exactly dotted, but it looked good. and she picked a sweater too! just because... hide*

*Seeing her waiting made her doubt again... but... she.. did move closer.. just to blink* I.... really don't know.. I.. I don't.... remember... anything.... it... hum... I.. don't know

Victoria
Victoria took a moment to assess Diamond's clothing choice. The sense of fashion that it had about it, how appealing she looked to the eye. She idly moves to circle the Trophy, like a shark circling a swimmer in the water. Taking note of how well the clothes fit over her muscles, how her sweater concealed and invited at the same time. Her finger traces the back of Diamond's sweater, feeling the material against her fingertips, and said, "I suppose this will do."

She moved towards the door, and pushed it open, opening the gateway to the mortal world.

Diamond
*She blinked... as she got circled at....do gasping feeling the touch and turning to stare at her* w.. will do?....*blinking.. yet again! mean... she did not want to call attention, clearly, she just dind't seem to help doing so... she shone, after all*

Victoria
Victoria nodded, looking to Diamond and meeting her stare - waiting for her to step through the door to the mortal world.

Diamond
*she frowned, she should stay put!.... but she followed... honestly curious... right now*

Victoria
The location that Victoria had chosen to take Diamond had been a local bar. Back before the Durance, neither of them would have managed to get into this kind of place, so Diamond could be almost 100% certain that any sense of disorientation or nervousness regarding the location was unique and new, rather than caused by not remembering it.

It's not a crazy place. Actually, it's kind of quiet. A set of light jazz plays in the air, and the seats away from the bar were cushioned and nice - designed so that you could take a lover and enjoy yourselves comfortably, without being so comfortable as to be vulgar. The lighting is soft, which casts beautifully against Diamond's skin, almost making it seem like she was filled with stars. The light played on Victoria too, casting shadows and giving her an almost ethereal, hauntingly beautiful quality.

She orders water for the both of you, which makes sense since she doesn't have any money. She doesn't speak though. She just sits there, drinking the water quietly, almost like she was thinking about something.

Diamond
*oh crap, oh crap.. she would actualy wishper to Vistoria* we are not supposed to get into these! *well she had not yet landed into how old she really looked now... how old did she look? did they have ids now?! wait wait wait, and she just looked around... not knowing what... to do with herself*

Victoria
Well they didn't have IDs, but they also were not carded coming into the bar. Victoria had asked for water, which hadn't raised any eyebrows but it was also possible that their - or rather, Victoria's - presence allowed them to get passed without any issue. She looked over to Diamond, sipping her drink, while her eyes gazed over at where the bartender was right now. Seeing he was occupied with another set of paying customers, she spoke softly, "You are talking like you are underage. Most of us are twenty seven. Some twenty six. Not sure why there would be an issue besides us losing our IDs, and really that shouldn't be an issue unless we buy something. As long as you don't act like it's an issue, we should be fine."

Diamond
*THAT causedthe girl to blink, blink.. and STARE at Victoria! but they had said they were like... 16 or around!!!!... Hadn't they?... mean.. not like... it mattered when you did nto rememer anything anyhow.. but....*

Management:
Diamond has rolled an pres 3 soc 3 roll (6 dice), getting 4, 2, 1, 10, 8, 4, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 2 successes.
Management:
Diamond has rolled 2 dice, getting 9, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 1 success.
Management:
Victoria has rolled an Presence + Socialize + Striking Looks + Equipment Bonus + Diamond roll (14 dice), getting 3, 7, 5, 3, 6, 4, 2, 6, 7, 5, 1, 6, 2, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Victoria has failed the roll.

Victoria
Victoria didn't say anything to Diamond after that, letting her address her own problems and think about it. She continued to sip at the water, her eyes quietly gazing at the cup. By this point, it was half empty, which caused it's own set of metaphorical questions as she let the water swirl in the cup. Her eyes shifted over to Diamond.

Diamond felt like it'd been a long time since someone watched her as much as Victoria had been watching her now. A part of her might have missed it, sitting on the shelf ignored the vast majority of the time, meant to be watched and admired and just ... forgotten.

Her expression is unreadable, but the silence is. How does one try to hold a conversation with a Queen? Is it even possible? Did you even want to talk with her?

Diamond
*She frowns more.... ok.... maybe she did hear wrong, she looked at her hands, it still felt so wrong... like... it wasn't right to be so old wihout a memory... she sighed, and looked off... that is untill she felt Victoria's eyes on her... and trutfully to be watched was odd... not becasue Victoria was a Queen, she oddly enough did not feel... overwlemed because of that, but ... because she -was- watching her... which made her bite her lips again* wh... what?

Victoria
Victoria looked to the Trophy, and then asked, "What's on your mind?"

Diamond
uh?! *well ...* just... w.. wondering.. why are you ... just watching me

Victoria
"Why wouldn't I watch you? We're at a bar, and no one's come up to buy us drinks yet. You aren't talking, and have been fidgeting for a while now. Something kept you up tonight. So -- what's on your mind?" She took another drink of the water. A quarter full now. Funny, it lost half of it's substance and changed from half empty to a quarter full.

Diamond
*Yea... this lady made little sence to her* y. you were awake too

Victoria
Victoria looked to Diamond, and smile finally seemed to crack into that frozen facade she put up. "So I was."

She raised a hand, to flag the bartender down. It didn't take long - even if no one was buying drinks, they were still easily the center of attention for most people and it was only a matter of time before someone had the courage to approach them. "Can I get another glass?"

Diamond
*She had hardly touched her glass, so.. she just waited for the waiter to come and go* s.. so... th. there is something in your mind... and you just want my thoughts to keep yours away?

Victoria
"Maybe. If I did, would you tell me your thoughts?" Victoria smiled as the bartender came over to them and filled up her water cup. He looked over to Diamond, giving a charming smile. He looked like he was only barely old enough to serve the alcohol here, and like a great many bartenders wore that suit well. He didn't ask if she needed a drink, seeing that the glass was still full - and seemed almost hesitant to go, before someone else flagged him down.

Diamond
*She.... did ended offering the youg man a very small smile back, trying to be polite, but truly not knowing .... well.... how to react around him... watching him go, she hmmmed, looked to Victoria again*... I can try...

Victoria
"Alright," Victoria said, taking a new sip of her drink. "So then, go ahead and shoot. Tell me your thoughts."

Diamond
uh... you were going to go first! *well yup, that was bettw!*

Victoria
"I never promised that," Victoria said calmly. "I asked first, and me expressing my thoughts kind of would defeat the purpose of hearing yours to avoid mine."

Her gaze stayed on Diamond's eyes, like she was observing her soul or searching for weakness or fault lines in the diamonds.

Diamond
*She pressed her lips together, and frowned, she was like Damien... making her feel like they were holding to throw a punch* Is not going to help you... my thoughts scatter, because there are no memories to hold them still...

Victoria
"Do you want to find them? Your memories, I mean," Victoria asked, casually.

Management:
Diamond has rolled an pres 3 soc 3 SL roll (8 dice), getting 9, 1, 3, 6, 8, 10, 5, 3, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 3 successes.

Diamond
I...don't know *she said softly* sometimes I do... sometimes I think... I should just remake me... and forget what I was... mean... I am not that anyhow

Management:
Victoria has rolled 13 dice, getting 1, 7, 2, 5, 2, 9, 9, 9, 4, 10, 8, 10, 2, 10, 2, 10, 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Victoria has 8 successes.

Victoria
"Sounds like it's possible you might be better off than the rest of us. If that's the case, though - why are you so scared of the world?" Victoria took another sip from her drink, as the bartender started to come over to their direction.

"From the gentleman over in the right," He said, offering Diamond a drink, and motioning to a handsome young man in the corner. If she looked, he smiled and gave her a wave, sitting amidst his friends. The bartender began pouring for Victoria as well.

Diamond
uhm... that... I... don't remember how it was? *she said softly*

*Then blinked at the waiter, and looked over, blinking again... she seemed to freeze for a second or two... before she... offered the ... gentleman a small smile, more calmly than she felt, like if suddenly panic filled her and just as sudden was stored in a box to scream at later on... yea, that is , dont' run like a headless chicken, sit down and pretend you know what you are doing* ah.. thanks *she told the waiter*

Victoria
Victoria turns as well after her drink is given, and gives her own smile to the person offering a drink, before turning her attention back to Diamond, "Knew it was only a matter of time. Was starting to get worried."

Diamond
bu.... why would they... pay for us? *she did whisper softly, looking at the drink, not sure if she should or not!, even if she did seem to lean a bit back on her seat*

Victoria
"Really? I mean I know you hit your head on the way out of the garden, but that seems like it'd be obvious," Victoria said with a smirk. "It's because your drop dead gorgeous, chica, and they are hoping to get a piece of the action."

Diamond
*she blinked, ooh NOW she was ready to run the hell out of there!* I don't want them taking pieces of me! *low, for such a statement she juuuust looked around, like nothing, to check the best escape route*

Management:
Diamond has rolled an wits 2 comp 2 +2 roll (6 dice), getting 9, 3, 3, 1, 7, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 1 success.

Victoria
"God, calm down," Victoria said, stifling the laugh that Diamond was incurring. "I said the action, not you. They think you and I are hot, and are looking for an excuse to come over and talk to us.

Which, as she predicted, Diamond would notice the man was starting to get up and walk towards the two of them.

Diamond
aaaah... *she breathed, ok.. that was not bad... right?* why didn't you say that then?
*hiding an eep when she saw them coming by taking a little sip of drink... and then staring at Vistoria as she made her uttermost NOT to cough that stuff out like the fire burning beverage it felt it was!!!*

Victoria
"I did?" She smiled and then took a sip of her new drink with a whimsical smile. "Quick, think fast - the guy coming here, worth your time or no?"

Diamond
eh? *blinking* who do I know? *but she peeked*

*before she muttered* no...*mean... how would she know?! specially since her last dream didn't exactly made her feel... confident*

Management:
Diamond has rolled 3 dice, getting 8, 3, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 1 success.

Victoria
With an almost expert gaze, Victoria shifted her poise ever so slightly, and her smile dropped to an efficient and cold gaze. It shifted over to the boy, like she was calculating him - which didn't stop him from moving in their direction.

But he didn't stop. He walked passed the two of them, heading towards the restroom. Diamond though can see the faintest bead of nervous sweat that seems to collect as he passed, and she can hear the suddenly boisterous laughter of his friends.

Victoria turned back over to Diamond, and smiled.

Diamond
*awwww now she felt sorry for him!!! but scared of him, but sorry! but scared. damn she was a mess.... but she did told Victoria* thank you... how... how do you know... if someone... is ging to be nice or not? though

Victoria
"Oh, that's easy. The easiest way to know if someone is going to be nice to you or not is to let them be nice to you... or not." She smiled and took another drink. Her glass is now half full.

Diamond
*She.... blinks at her* that is no...hummm

Victoria
"What did I tell you before we came here? When I asked you if you were scared?" She said, looking straight at Diamond with that same cold, almost predatory gaze that she'd begun the night with.

Diamond
that.... literaly everything was dangerous....*well that was true*

Victoria
"I told you that fear was good. It will keep you alive. But that you shouldn't let it be your master," She looked to Diamond, and then said, "It works with people too. It's good to be cautious with strangers, and people you don't know. It will keep you safe not to trust easy. But you shouldn't let your fear of those people stop you from meeting new people."

Diamond
hmm... *she peered around, discretedly, to the group of people where the boy had come from, to the place, and the waiter, then back to her* what if... I... really don't want to meet anyone new... yet

Victoria
She paused a moment, and another glass got passed their way. The bartender smiled, and said, "From the gentleman at Table 2e."

After the bartender left, she thought, and then said, "Is that what you want?"

Diamond
*she... offered another soft thanks to the bartender, just stealing a peek where the man said the drink came from, as she breathed in slowly, trying to express ideas.. and nt jsut fears* I... I know I'm scared of... people...but I also think.. maybe I should first... settle in my own skin before going... just knocking on doors, you know? *she looked to her* I just... what face I show them, when I don't even know who I am

Victoria
"I don't think anyone really knows who they are," Victoria said casually. "And the best way to figure out who you really are, isn't by isolating yourself from the world. Nor is it by redefining yourself and abandoning who you were completely."

The person who had sent it was definitely less attractive than the last guy who Victoria had shot down, but he's confident. It may be the alcohol making him think he has a chance, but he waves in your direction and gives a look that you feel might be his way of suggesting you come to -him-.

Diamond
*She looks back to Victoria, no way she is going to just stand up and go there!* but... this... this is looking for something closer... isn't it? not just people to talk to... wha... I hmm... why do you want to ... meet new people?

Victoria
"Me?" She paused and then said, after a moment, "Well... it's not looking for love, if that's what your thinking. But maybe a night or two with someone to feel and have a little fun, and forget the real issues?" She paused and then said, "Or maybe just to find new friends, different friends who you fit in with better? Or maybe ... to feel.... powerful?"

She hrmed and then said, "Lots of reasons that it could be. I don't think there is any particular reason I want to meet new people, or even that I want to right now at this immediate moment. It just feels right to be in a place like this, with a friend, not sitting at home doing nothing and waiting for something to happen. I've found when others decide the course of your fate, sometimes your taken to places you don't want to go."

Diamond
*She hmms... and nods... thinking about that* then... probably we could just have the time for ourselves?

Management:
Diamond has rolled an wits 2 comp 2 +2 roll (6 dice), getting 3, 1, 7, 4, 5, 10, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 1 success.

Victoria
"Isn't that what we're doing?" She asked with a little smile.

Diamond would now notice, of course, that the man who sent then a drink was getting up. He was almost certainly drunk, and stumbling a bit in their general direction...'

Diamond
Then why are we going all around if we want a boy to come over or not...*she blinked as she noticed the man stumbling over, frowning* -that- is deffintively not a cool one...

Victoria
"Because you might decide you appreciate the attention, and see one you like and want to get to know. Then one thing might lead to another, he might ask to take you back to his place and -- "

She shifted over to give the same gaze to the drunk one, but... this time the gaze did not work. The man smirked, and took it almost like a challenge, trying his best to not wobble. "Hey you two. How's -your- night going?"

Diamond
yea... that is not happening *she shuddered at the thought of going to a boy's place... nhu uh!... and a blink, as Victorias might death stare did not work, she gave the man a stare of her own* Do you mind? we are busy.
*WHERE did that calm sentence came from? do not ask her*

Management:
Diamond has rolled 2 dice, getting 9, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 1 success.

Management:
Victoria has rolled 11 dice, getting 8, 7, 5, 3, 2, 8, 9, 2, 7, 2, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Victoria has 3 successes.

Management:
Diamond has rolled an lokis roll! roll (1 dice), getting 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 1 success.

Management:
Diamond has rolled an mew mew mew! roll (2 dice), getting 1, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 1 success.

Victoria
"Aw come on, don't be like that. Listen, I was thinking maybe you and I and your friend could maybe get to spend some time, get to know each other. I got this mad place over at my --"

"No." Victoria cut him off. "I believe my friend was quite clear. We're busy."

"But I --"

"Excuse me, is there a problem?" The Bartender asks, moving over to where they were.

The man coughs, scowling between the two of them, but - looking at them - thinks better of making an issue out of it, and moves to go head back over to where his table was.

"Apologies about that," The bartender says calmly, smiling to the two of them. "Some of our patrons can be overeager sometimes."

It's easy to miss it, as he pours the drink near you. The man who is there, filling your cup, isn't... normal. He looks almost human, almost - but his fingers are just a bit too long, his ears just a bit too pointed, and there is a certain starkness to the air about him that is barely noticeable. His hair is raven colored black, pulled slightly back into a ponytail, and he has that tall, dark, brooding, and handsome look going on.

Diamond
*She did tense when the man seeming too eager to keep on with them... and holds back the breath that almost escapes when he goes, instead smilling a tad to the bartneder as he speaks* no.. thank you.. for that *her head tilting just a notch, not missing the little tids and tads... was he like them?*

Management:
Victoria has rolled 2 dice, getting 2, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Victoria has failed the roll.

Victoria
He smiled, inclined his head, and then moved over to the next customers to assist with helping them.

"Sometimes things get like that," Victoria said, smiling. "Men think that because they buy a drink for a girl, they are somehow obligated to their attention and time... hell, some thing that it's an automatic pass to get to sleep with them."

Diamond
*She smiled back and watched him for a bit more, before she looked to Victoria* did you see him? not... the... drunk guy... not him.

Victoria
"Who? The wimp who walked right passed us at a mere -glance- from me?" Victoria shifted a bit, and said, "If your having regrets about not meeting him, he's still over there. We can try approaching him instead."

Diamond
nono.. the man pouring the drinks *she pouted a tad to Victoria, not wanting to go staring at bartender now*

Victoria
"What, the bartender?" She pointed at the bartender, making it clear (if Diamond cared) that they were now talking about him.

Diamond
*she did eeped softly!* thought you knew how to be discreete! *but she did peer offering a shy smile if he DID notice te pointing.. mean how could he not, and then to Victoria* he is like us, isn't he?

Victoria
She smirked at Diamond's first comment, but her second made her face drop quickly as she looked over to the man and blinked. Blinking. Blinking again.

He'd noticed, so he offered a smile, and served his attendants. Victoria said, "...How did I miss that? How is it POSSIBLE to miss that?"

Diamond
*She blinked at Victoria, confused she had not noticed at all, but did not remark on it* He is discrete to a point I guess... maybe he knows how to hide to stay save? We could talk to him

Victoria
Victoria smirks to Diamond and said, "Oh, so we're super shy around the normal people, but if they are like us then it's okay to meet and greet?"

Diamond
*she blinkblinkblinkblink* uh... he can... help us understand the world on the now?

Victoria
"Doesn't Anavel do that for us?" Victoria said, watching her. Almost on cue though...

"Was there something you didn't understand about the world?" The bartender had, and was, already approaching, a gentle smile on his face.

Diamond
uh... different perspe...?* oi! she actually almost meeks, ... and kind of sheepishly smiles to the Bartender* hi.....

Victoria
"Hello," He said looking between the two of them. "If there is anything you need - please, don't hesitate to ask."

Victoria watched him a moment, considering. She sized him up, taking in his measure.

"Oh my," He laughed a bit, smiling. "Is there something on my face?"

Diamond
*She bit her lip, trying not to giggle at how quickly Victoria changed attitude, wow.. she WAS relaxing, and breathed* We just got curious... how someone so nice got a job serving drinks *she smiled a bit unsure on going all out, ge busted you! spill it!*

Victoria
"Oh, it's nothing special," He said with a little smile, "A bit of charm, and a bit of knowing people's needs. I'm a good listener, you see, and that's the primary role of the job. That and using the bouncers to peak efficiency."

He smiled, and then said, "What about the two of you? I noticed you turned down the two men who offered you drinks. I'm guessing finding a lover wasn't the reason you came to the bar."

"I keep my options open," Victoria said, shrugging. "But no, not really."

Diamond
*She did turn quite red and pale... at the same time at the lover... shuddering at the idea of being touched that way! not sure if she was glad not to remember why that made her shudder, or if... she shuddered* no.. not really... I... we just needed some time out *she smiled* see the world

Victoria
"Hm... The club is better for avoiding the drunks trying to take you to your room. Though I suppose most men would have considerable difficulty dealing with either of you. Most normal men, anyways."

"Is that your way of saying your not normal?" Victoria asked.

"Of course not," He smiled, seemingly genuinely.

Diamond
*She giggled softly this time, at the normal and the banter from Victoria* club?

*and another little smile, see? he IS like them!* uhm... she can handle anything *she nodded, not sure about herself*

Victoria
"Yeah, you know. Ed Sheeran, Shape of You? The club isn't the best place to find a lover so the bar is where I go. Me and my friends at the table doing shots drinking fast and then we talk slow." He sang the lyrics slightly, with a not too bad singing voice, and said, "Haven't heard that one yet?"

"We've been out of town for a while." Victoria smirked.

Diamond
a looong while....*she added softly as she shook her head... who was Ed Sheeran?!*

Victoria
"Well that's a pity," The Bartender said, smiling. "How long have you been out of town?"

"Mmm... A decade?"

"Hey, Bartender!" A couple says, calling. "Can I get a drink over here?"

The bartender smiles a bit, and said, "If you will excuse me ladies."

Diamond
give or take...*softly, and then smiled as she nodded, mean it was his job, looking to Victoria then*

Victoria
"Do you think he actually works here, or is just utilizing certain agreements with the forces in charge?" Which of course was Victoria's way of asking if she thought that the boy was using Mask of Superiority right now to serve as a waiter.

Diamond
oh... had not thought about that one...*She peeked* well we could check if people recognize him by name...

Victoria
"No, I don't think that's an option at the moment," Victoria said, finishing off her drink. She looked over to how many drinks Diamond had managed to get down.

Diamond
*not even one... just a couple sips of one...* why not?

Victoria
Victoria considered, and then said, "You know, the point of drinking isn't really for the flavor. Though some of these drinks aren't bad. Your trying to get a little tipsy, but not drunk enough to lose your senses. And if I'm right about you, you'll need a little more than that."

She smiled, and then said, "Do -you- know his name?

Diamond
uhm.... why would I want to get tipsy?... we need to stay alert...

uh.. nop, but if anyone calls him by name, we know he has been here? mean.. regulars should know a bartenders name, right?

Victoria
"Somehow, I think you missed the purpose of this whole drinking thing," Victoria said, shrugging. "Well, to each their own. Long as you enjoy yourself, there is no wrong way to go about this. That said, what if the bartender is new? Or introduced himself to someone and they call him by name?"

He does seem rather social with the people around him. Quite adept at making people smile, and as he mentioned - he had a certain measure of charm that he could use to be quite efficient at the job. It wasn't a boast; You work long enough serving people, you become quite good at it.

Richie hadn't hesitated when Damien invited him out to go follow Victoria and Diamond - after all, a bar had drinks and he hadn't had a good drink since Arcadia - and to be honest, those drinks were way too costly. Truth be told, even though he talked about getting drinks and having a blast, he probably was coming because he was worried about two women with fey beauty walking around at night and going to bars by themselves. That just seemed to spell problems, and the last time the Queens had gone out, they'd been hit on by every thug, drunk, and pervert that even remotely caught their eye.

Somehow, Richie doubted that Victoria taking Diamond would even remotely change that outcome.

The place that the letter had been addressed to was one that hadn't been about a decade ago. If it had, you didn't recall it. It had a nice, gentle feeling to it - not rowdy like most bars, but the kind of place where you might be able to go to get a casual drink and socialize with people. That of course didn't mean there weren't incidents or issues, but for the most part it seemed like the kind of place where people tried to keep things civilized - as civilized as could be when Alcohol was involved.

It wouldn't take long to find Victoria and Diamond. They are at the bar, and most eyes are on them. Last you checked, neither had any money but that didn't stop the set of glasses that sit by their sides that look like various kinds of alcohol. Diamond had dressed semi-casually, in a set of blue jeans and a sweater. Victoria had dressed like she had a secret to tell, probably pulling out one of the two nice dresses that they'd been given for this. They seem to be enjoying themselves.

Richie had dressed nicely as well, as he didn't know what kind of place it was that Victoria had chosen. The close set that he'd been given had a red shirt and a black leather coat, and black slacks which were durable enough that he wasn't worried about having to move quickly if he needed to. He breaths in, taking in the variety of scents and the feel of the room, before tapping his partner at the moment to alert him of the girl's presence - if he hadn't already found them.

Diamond
ITs just... doens't seem like something I want to feel *she smiles* although I do like the taste, you know? And I AM having a good time.. I think.. I like puzzles *peering towards the bartender* he does seem to know what he is doing... we could also always try to follow him when his shift ends...

Damien Wetherford
Damien was more interested in making sure that the girls were alright than the access of alcohol, truth be told, but then again he hadn't ever really touched the stuff even when they were in Arcadia. Despite the 'bad boy' brush he had been painted with before they were taken he had always been pretty straight edge on that front, and he saw no reason to change that now.

The Darkling cut a sharp figure himself in the black dress slacks, vest to match and white long-sleeved shirt that had been part of his care package from the Spring Court, eschewing the full suit for this particular trip. Hazel eyes scanned the room for the pair as they made their way inside, giving Richie a nod as he spotted them about the same time as the tap on the shoulder occurred.

Victoria
"Won't know unless you try," Victoria said, smiling. "Speaking of not knowing till you try, if you like him you should ask for his number." She paused and then added, "And then get a phone. God lacking that is inconvenient for creating new relationships."

"You two look like you are having fun," Richie said as he started to move in their direction, announcing for them that they were there to ensure that Diamond didn't jump out of her skin when the two predatory knights came up to them.

Diamond
*hummm she peered at the bartender* I don't know... maybe... I just... don't want... I don't know! *and a blink* we could actually try and get those... And she still gave a little startled perk as she heard Ricchie... looking from to Damien, oh plese be Ricchie the one to sit nearest... at least Richie didn't look like he wanted to kill her every time he looked her way*

Damien Wetherford
Damien gave the girls a nod as they approached the bar, staying quiet for the moment. While the feral edge that Diamond often recoiled from wasn't present it was clear that the Darkling was watching for anything untowards happening around them, not trusting their surroundings just yet.

Management:
Damien Wetherford has rolled an Wits 2 + Comp 2 + Clarity 2 + WP 3 - 4 roll (5 dice), getting 7, 9, 6, 8, 5, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Damien Wetherford has 2 successes. This roll used the 9-again rule.

Victoria
"I heard that when guys white knight girls, it's typically frowned upon," Victoria said coolly, looking in their direction.

"Is that your subtle way of saying we're not invited to the party?" Richie said, smiling and easing himself into a seat by Diamond.

Diamond
*She did not breathed in relief.. she did not! she actually seemed kinda calmed right now, she even moved for Ricchie, even if she much prefered just having the 'gonna eat your face' queen with... turned out Victoria was not bad at all. * Eh... *she hummed* why DO boys white knight girls? *she didn't seem to mind it by her tone... mean the concept of white knighitng girls... she KNEW white knights were not as princely kind.. ok... no her concept of all that was a mess, she was NOT getting into that mind maze!!!* forget it... *yea... even if they had NO clue about her mind mess*

Damien Wetherford
Damien shook his head at the somewhat obvious jab, taking the seat on Victoria's side for the moment. "Usually because they don't think that they can defend themselves 'properly' and obviously need a man to protect them. Never got that mindset myself."

Victoria
"Hm... I think it seems an apt term," She looked to Richie with a sort of... deadpan look. As though she were accusing him of something. Then she took a drink of her very clearly alcoholic drink with a smile.

"Excuse me for being worried," Richie said with an impassive shrug.

"Mm. I suppose I'll have to." She passed Damien one of her drinks, and motioned for Diamond to pass over one of hers to Richie if she liked. "We've been collecting drinks from our admirers for a little while now. With you guys here, I think that the fountain might cease but... that's okay. We have a new goal besides getting drinks now."

Diamond
*She did gladly pass one to Richie, is not like she was drinking them all. And nodded to Victoria's words* we do

*and a humm to Damien* then what do YOU really think?

Damien Wetherford
Damien eyed the drink as it was passed to him, sliding it closer for appearance's sake but not picking it up. "And that is?"

"That the whole 'fairer sex' thing is bullshit, honestly. It plays into the patriarchal underpinings of our entire society and does more harm than good to everyone involved."

Victoria
Victoria considered this for a moment, her face impassive. Fingers drifted along the edge of her glass, collecting salt. She seems to disregard that statement, and said, "We're trying to get Diamond the number of tall dark and handsome. She likes him because he's mysterious."

"...And which boy - or girl - does this 'tall dark and handsome' moniker apply to?" Richie asked, looking to Diamond like he wasn't sure that Victoria had a sense of humor, nor was he sure that Diamond could possibly find any interest in anyone, and therefore the entire statement and world did not currently make sense.

Diamond
*she eeped at Victoria! alsmot meeping, and peeked really fast to bartender, before she whispered* not intersted -that- way... just... he is like us... so... I don't know... and... just... curious... and... lets just head back now?

Damien Wetherford
Damien had expected some sort of retort from Victoria at his response, truth be told, so not getting one was somewhat surprising. The mention of trying to get someone's number and Diamond's glance at the bartender sent his attention elsewhere, however, and his head tilted a touch as he looked the bartender over. The fact that he hadn't noticed the hints of the other man's mien at first blush was unexpected, and a note of curiosity settled on his features. "...huh."

Management:
Victoria has rolled an Richie Perception (-4, +2 for it being pointed out) roll (6 dice), getting 3, 8, 2, 9, 2, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Victoria has 3 successes.

Victoria
"Uh huh," Victoria said, casually smiling - a crack in that frosty facade. "It's okay to express interest in others for 'that reason' even if you have no need or desire for anything. Totally fine to drool. Just say you've been drinking too much."

Richie looked over to the man who they seemed to be fawning over, his gaze critical. The bartender in question definitely fit the bill of tall, dark and handsome. He seemed almost human by nature, but there were features about him that felt more fey than human. Ears just a little too pointed. Fingers just a little too long. Skin just a little too pale and perfect. Eyes just a little too deep. Hair so raven black it may as well have been raven's feathers. He sported that typical bartender vest and made it look -good-, but there was... an air about him too. A sensation of starkness, stillness and clarity. That sensation was improved by the lighting, and made everything seem more real.

"I see two new faces," He said with a little smile as he re-approached, "As I told the ladies, if you need anything you need only ask."

Diamond
*aaaand he came back, which made her blush,... and just go quiet... but she did smile with a soft* thanks *to the man, mean... oi!*

Damien Wetherford
A quiet "can't blame her..." came from the Darkling as the bartender approached, giving the man a nod once he was in conversation range. "Good at the moment, but thanks."

Victoria
"I'm good for now, but will probably take a drink later," Richie said to the man, taking in his gaze. That was... weird. That air about him.

"Okay," The Bartender said with a smile. He looked to Victoria, and said, "Can I take your glasses for you?"

"Absolutely, thanks. Hey, we were wondering - how long have you been working here?" Victoria smiled to the Bartender, a curious look in her eyes.

Diamond
*Mewk! she did smile back, and made a discrete peek for a nametag!*

Damien Wetherford
Damien remained quiet for the moment as well, simply watching the other man as Victoria talked. Something about him did feel off although he couldn't quite put his finger on it, and while he was curious there was a hint of caution in his bearing as well.

Victoria
It appeared that the mysterious bartender did not, in fact, have a name tag on. Not an unusual occurrence at this hour, but then it didn't help with the fact that he was fae. The considers, as though thinking, and said, "Not long, I'll admit. I'm actually fairly new to this job."

Victoria squinted suspiciously, and said, "Like, a couple hours new, or a couple weeks new?"

Richie... felt inclined to let the girls talk. He wasn't sure what he thought about Tall Dark and Handsome, but he wasn't being threatening and well... Victoria had the anomaly handled.

Diamond
*She did pressed her lips together, unsure how to adress this, she WAS curious and they all going you like it was only making her nervous, so she chidded herself to be calm!* You must be hours new, they have not given you your name tag *well there was something*

Damien Wetherford
Damien spared Richie a quick 'what do you think?' sort of glance, waiting for whatever reaction might come before turning his attention back to the bartender. The perceived threat level was low, but there was still...something that had his hackles on the edge of being raised.

Victoria
The Bartender looked down to his chest, brushing his vest and said, "Oh dear. It appears I must have forgotten it. My apologies." He looked to Diamond and said, "My name is Mattias. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

"Ooh, a fancy name. Mattias. Mattias. Like Mathew, but with more flair," Victoria grinned, while Richie decided to take a drink from the drink that had been given to him by Diamond, shrugging to Damien "Well, Mattias, I'm Victoria. I'll let everyone else introduce themselves as they prefer."

She paused for a brief second, and said, "Hey, do you have an interest in jewelry? I have this diamond set that would look great on you."

Richie choked on his drink, struggling to keep it down.

Diamond
*Mattias was actually quite a nice name, she thought, pondering how to ask more things, guide them towards* Victoria! *staring at her! as she blushed again, what WAS she thinking! wasn't she supposed to be all serious and no fun?!*

Damien Wetherford
"Damien. Good meeting you, Mattias."

It was probably a good thing that Damien hadn't touched his own drink, otherwise he would have been suffering from the same fate as his fellow knight. He did let out a snort of laughter, however, shaking his head with a smirk.

Victoria
"The pleasure is all mine." Mattias seemed to almost consider Victoria's statement, before shifting his gaze to Diamond. The smile that he wore didn't falter - not shifting into a teasing form or smirk. It was polite. "You seem very close, and are accommodating to things well, from what I can see. You said you've been out of town for a decade? What brought you back?"

Richie was still coughing, so he offered Richie a napkin, while moving to get what was spilled cleaned up.

Victoria frowned, and that frown looked dangerously like a pout. Evading the question, was he? She smiled to Diamond, and said, "Hum... Just felt like it, I guess?"

Diamond
*Diamond gave Victoria a glare, and Richie and Damien got one too, is not like he was blinnkd and coulnd't see THEM as.. THEM! Jeez! So yea, the blushing dind't improve, though it didnn't worsen as Mattias so... nicely didn't put more to it.... yet... she better... She eyed the three* ... apparently not as close... *she kinda whispered, before she better stood up, nudging Richie if she had to, upset at the three of them! Yet she did offer Mattias a small smile* sorry.. I just... where is the ladies... room?

Damien Wetherford
To his credit Damien did give Diamond an apologetic look as she glared his way, taking a moment to regain his composure before sitting back in his seat. He nodded quietly at Victoria's response, looking Mattias over. "Was the right time for it."

Victoria
"It's just that way," Mattias said, pointing in the direction of the restroom.

"Mm. I'll go with you," Victoria said, finishing her drink before moving off her seat.

Richie blinked as both girls started to get up, and looked to Mattias, "You know, I think I'll take that drink now."

Mattias shifted his attention to Damien now, with the two girls leaving and Richie not offering much to the conversation yet. "I see. And you two came with the other two?"

As though he didn't already know, possibly for the purpose of anyone here listening to them talk.

Diamond
*She frowned at Victoria* I would rather if you didn't! *but she did headed where Mattias pointed at after that with a small* thanks *to him*

Damien Wetherford
Damien offered a small nod at the question; it was a safe enough one to answer, as he saw it. "You been in town long yourself?"

Victoria
Despite Diamond's protests to the contrary, Victoria -did- move towards the restroom. After all, just because she was upset didn't mean that it was a good idea to abandon the other fae. You never knew what might happen.

"Most of my life, yeah," Mattias said, cleaning up a glass and preparing it. "What drink did you want?"

"Um... Rum and Coke, I guess," Richie said, looking at Mattias. "Don't take this the wrong way but... you have this air about you. Like... I don't know. It's hard to explain."

Diamond
*She huffed as Victoria came along and stored straight to one of the stalls! and closed it! Frowning and closing her eyes once she did... she should JUST head back to the....place*

Damien Wetherford
Damien's gaze went towards the girls as they headed off, making sure they got to the restroom without anyone getting froggy along the way before looking back towards Mattias. As Richie beat him to the question he planned on asking he kept quiet for the moment, awaiting the man's response.

Victoria
She watches as Diamond goes into the stall, and moves over to the sink and turns it on. She lets the water run for a bit, letting it get hot, and splashes it against her face. She lets the water run over her skin - no make up, so no worries there. Clearing her head just a bit from the sensations of the alcohol. Too much, maybe? She paused, and considered, keeping a careful ear open even if Diamond wasn't able to be seen. "...You okay?"

Mattias thought a moment, considering how to answer that, before he said, "I've been told that before, that I have a certain air about me. I guess its true, some people just give off a certain aura, that depicts their nature. Like, how a hot headed individual might seem fiery and burning, or a scary person might leave chills down your spine with just a glance. You know people like that?"

"Not off the top of my..." He paused, considering. Had he met someone with an air like that, now that he thought about it? Leone had seemed almost burning in a certain way when they'd seen her, but he'd always figured that part of her mien - like a fiery lion. So maybe he was suggesting it was some aspect of his mien, or...

Diamond
*She dind't answer right on... she was listening to the water, and how the whole thing was just making her blood boil to a point she wanted to bang on the stalls and rip the doors off their hinges!!! she dind't think she had felt this.... angry before! So at first she had wanted ot just ignore Victoria, and stomp her way out and back to the... well place, but she found herself literaly screaming at her* NO! I'm NOT FINE!

Damien Wetherford
Damien paused at the question posed, mulling it over. His own thoughts went back to Leone as well, along with the fact that Anavel didn't give off any particular vibe herself. After a moment or two he nodded slowly. "Couple here and there."

He took a moment to look over the selection behind the bar before turning his attention back to Mattias. "Do you have a seasonal drink that you prefer overall?"

Management:
0 | 07/29/2019 5:52 am Victoria has rolled 3 dice, getting 1, 5, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Victoria has failed the roll.

Victoria
Victoria paused a moment, looking over to Diamond's stall. She breathed in, and then said, "I'm sorry."

She lets a long moment drift on, before she asks, "Do you want to head back to the Hollow?"

"You know, that's a tough decision. Seasonal drinks? I mean its Summer right now, so Mojitos are fairly popular. I'm sad to say that I don't really know what the best alcohol for each season is, but I think in Summer time I'd likely go for a Pina Colada? Pineapples and coconuts sound refreshing and cool on a hot evening."

"I don't think that's what he was asking," Richie said, annoyed.

"No? I'm sorry. It -is- a new job after all, so while I know a bit about Alcohol I'm still learning."

Diamond
*She was ready to stomp her way out and punch Victoria! she really was... but the sorry from her actually made her stop, middway into have a mind of punching her way through the door....

And to her surprise, just likethat... she felt like she deflated, and puffed a long air out, instead bagning her head agaist the door... whispering* ... yes...

Management:
Damien Wetherford has rolled an Wits 2 + Subterfuge 2 roll (4 dice), getting 2, 7, 1, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Damien Wetherford has failed the roll.

Damien Wetherford
Damien's eyes narrowed a touch at the response, the fact that he was unsure if the other man was being obtuse on purpose or not irritating to say the least. "Meant more your personal preference rather than what's in season now, yeah..."

Victoria
"...Okay." Victoria said, quietly. "Let's go tell the boys."

"Okay, so the question is - its a seasonal drink, but it has to be my -favorite- seasonal drink?" He thought a moment, and said, "I'm sorry, I still don't think I know what seasons certain drinks are more appropriate than others. I guess alcoholic cider would be one?" He hrmed, considering. "What is -your- favorite seasonal drink?"

Richie blinked, and looked to Damien.

Diamond
*She did NOT want to go back out! It actually felt embarassing after that comment, even if Mattias had gone all 'didn't hear it' which was nice of him... but after a long moment she sighed, and opened the door*

Damien Wetherford
Cider...autumn, maybe? Was still a ballpark to run by Anavel or Leone, if anything... "Still feeling that out, honestly. Don't drink much, haven't figured out what I've got a taste for yet."

Victoria
Victoria waited patiently, for Diamond to clean her hands and do as needed to be done before they walked out to the outside world.

"Yeah I'm good with pretty much anything," Richie said, smirking.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be more help," Mattias said, putting his hand behind his head as though he was embarrassed, "Maybe next time I might be able to give a better answer?"

Diamond
*is not like she actually did anything in that stall... still she touched doors.. so wash her hands she did, and her face.... before she hum..... lingered a tad behind, not sure she could see that boy without getting redder than red or angry again*

Damien Wetherford
"Maybe." Damien nodded quietly, a hint of irritation still clear in his features as he watched the raven-haired man, "Heard bartending is rough work; good luck with it."

Victoria
Once that was all done, Victoria moved on with Diamond behind her. She cleared her throat as they approached the boys, and said, "Hey guys, so we're going to go ahead and head out. Will you guys be coming or staying?"

Richie blinked as she came back, and said, "I suppose... coming with?" He looked to Damien to see if he had been wanting to stay, since they'd come primarily for them.

"That's a pity," Mattias said, "It's so nice to have pleasant company, after all." His gaze shifted over to Diamond, and shifted between the four of them, "It was a pleasure to meet you all."

He paused and said, "Actually, before you go...Diamond?"

He reached into his pocket, and procured two cards. The cards were black as midnight on one side, the other side having a name and number on it. Both cards were identical in all ways except one. "This is for you. It truly was a pleasure to meet you."

He smiles, his smile seemingly genuine. Victoria looked to Diamond - and looked to Mattias with a cold, analytical gaze. "It was nice to meet you, Mattias."

Diamond
*She... leteraly just wanted to avoid watching the boy, like if she had thought she could go away with it, she would have hidden behind Victoria's skirt like a little girl... but nop, she was not small enough, so she had to.. make due.. with kind of... oh nonononoo, she did looked up when he said her name, turning again a nice shade of red! nearly squeaking and .. and.. and what?! what?! * oh...*she didn't seem to know what to do for a second or two, but she did reach for the cards, her eyes widneing at first as she saw something, then widening even MORE and turning red, pale, red, pale.. yea... more definitively red as she looked back up to him in a VERY 'uh oh' way* uhm... n *do not stutter!* it... was nice...*uhmm oh gosh.... uhmmm yea... she just trailed off*

Damien Wetherford
Damien nodded to Richie, moving to stand from his seat. He eyed the cards that Mattias offered Diamond before that hazel gaze retured to the other fae, the Elemental's reaction noted but not commented on just yet. "See you around, maybe."

Victoria
Victoria moved with Diamond, idly taking her hand and keeping her close. As they left the bar with the three of them, it took a while for her to say, very quietly, "I don't... know if it was just a lucky guess, because we named you what you are but... we never told him your name was Diamond."

Diamond
*She didn't resist to be held and guided out, just... still more red than anything, Victoria HAD to open her mouth back there, she wanted to crawl under a stone!, but she did dare to peek back juuuuuust a bit as they were moving, putting the cards into a pocket in her shirt ... and going VERY quietly untill Vitoria spoke... she seeemd to frown, then wishper* I T... t.. told you... h.. he l... looked like us... y.. your co... comment and my l... looks...*her voice trailed.... and she made a little sound, yup, hiding sounded good...she sighed...*

Damien Wetherford
Damien kept himself composed as they walked out of the bar, but the trio knew him well enough that it was clear that something was simmering under the surface. Once Victoria said what she did, though, a low growl rumbled out from the Darkling. "Sneaky little shit was dodgy as fuck about who he was with, too."

Victoria
"I know he could see you. That's why there is the possibility it was just a good guess but... he called you Diamond, like it was your name. Like he already knew it. Not like, Diamond girl, or ... I don't know. Maybe I'm over thinking it," She paused and said, "Why did he give you -two- cards?"

"He was, yeah," Richie said, shaking his head. "There was way more to that asshole than he was letting on. I think it's probably a good idea to keep your distance from him. I don't trust him. He knew way too damn much, and was way too damn shady about himself."

Diamond
*She blinked, blinked, blinked, as she seemed tos low down while she stared at each in turn...in horror... her mind going on from Victoria's comment to Richie's and Damien's laught, to the cards. to .... and she ended stopping death in her tracks and pulling her hand from Victoria's, looking for a second like she would burst out in tears, she DID seemed horrified! as she blurted out* because he is the Winter King! *staring at each... before she broke at a run towards the Hallow, gack!*

Damien Wetherford
Damien stopped mid-step at Diamond's response, a mix of a few other emotions - concern at the forefront - punching through the anger that was already running high. "Son of a bitch..."

He moved on after Diamond once she started hauling off towards the hollow, having enough presence of mind to not stalk after her but keep pace so she wouldn't get too far off ahead of them.

Victoria
Victoria, of course, moved with her, "W-Wait Diamond we have to stick together!!" Running swiftly after her -- no one got to see whether or not she reacted to the announcement of the Winter King's reveal. Richie though, his eyes went wide, as he turned his head back to where they came and said, "That... what? That was one of the Monarchs?"

He seemed so... normal. That was hard to swallow. Not regal. Well, he had a certain regal bearing but not like you would expect of a King, not like the Black King or .... He just seemed like...a regular person. His brain had difficulty catching up to that statement, so instead of thinking about it he moved - swiftly after Diamond to keep an eye on the two of them and make sure something didn't take advantage of their current state of distraction.

... The next day, the phone would be delivered and installed.
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Return to “Changeling”