Special Delivery [Log: Amber, Damien]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
QuicksilverFox85

Special Delivery [Log: Amber, Damien]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:57 pm

Storyteller
Homecoming.

Every year a party was held by the Court of Innocence. Wait, no, that was wrong. Every hour, a party was held by the Court of Innocence. One of the most important parties was the Homecoming Party - it was in effect a birthday party celebrating a Changeling's escape from Arcadia. Typically, a large party was thrown on the date of the Spring Monarch's Homecoming, and sometimes to celebrate powerful allies - but this year, that party had been postponed due to a prophecy given by one of the Seers serving the Prince of Whispers.

Most of the Monarch's knew better than to ignore their prophecies, even when they were as benign as the one that was given. So they took the advice, and paid the price of a favor for the knowledge, and moved the day.

It was actually for that reason, that Amber had been informed that new Lost had come in from the Hedge. The Spring Court wanted to supply the group with relief materials and help adjusting, and so petitioned her to serve as one of the faces to deliver the supplies - along with Leone, Anavel, and Tyler. The supplies included food, storage devices, and clothes - but they were a lot of new lost, and delivery in the hedge could be dangerous. So it'd be a small group that delivered the materials - as well as an invitation.

By this point, most of the chess club was going out and about. They'd probably managed to acquire their own food, though that lack of storage devices was something that was fairly annoying at the moment. Not everyone would be there - some would be investigating their lives, others would be just... trying to learn about the new world. Still, a lot of people enjoyed being at a place they could reasonably call home, with people who - even if they didn't always agree or like one another or even thought they were asses - they could consider family.

When the door knocks, there is a certain amount of hesitation because - well, there seems to be lacking a phone to know to expect a visit, and Anavel never said if the password should remain at all times or if she gave it to anyone who might be visiting. Just to be safe, Mindy - one of the small, more nervous pawns, looked to the door and moved to hide behind the chair just in case, "Um... W-..w-whats the password?!"

"Who is it?" Shelby asks, perking up. She was probably hoping it was Tyler, of course - but then anyone visiting might be a welcome sight if they were not an enemy. They still had so many questions and so much to learn.

Damien Wetherford
Damien had been sitting in the common area of the hollow when the knock came, pulling his attention from one of the books he had taken out from the library in hand. After sliding a piece of paper in to mark his spot he got up, heading towards the door to give the girls whatever backup they might need.

Amber
*There is... a small pause, and then a rather nice, young sounding voice* bootycall!.... *QUITE merrily, followed by* uhm, no, wrong day.... lets see.... Abracada.. nop... not trying to produce bunnies from a hat...*a littel tsk, sound* what WAS the word for opening doors? you know that one from the 40 thieves in the magic cave with all the treasures?.. oh! Sesame!

Storyteller
"Really? Bootycall? You know there are like... twenty people in there who've been trapped in Arcadia since their teens," Anavel's voice says, lightly annoyed yet still bemused. "You guys probably will be fine without a password now that we're sure the hedge beasts didn't follow us, but - we'll discuss re-enrollment anyways.

"We come bearing gifts," She continues, and said, "Mind opening up?"

They hear an off comment remark of, "I wouldn't be surprised if your court actually DID use bootycall as a password. Bunch of frat boys and sorority girls over there."

Shelby tilted her head, looking to the others, before shrugging and moving to go and open the door.

On the other side of the door would be Anavel, carrying bags, and Amber, carrying bags, and what looked like a turtle with legs instead of flippers... carrying bags. Anavel smiles, and said, "Little help?"

"Oh! You weren't kidding about the gifts. What is this guy?" She moved out of the door, to go grab what amounted to 'groceries'. Pretty soon, a set of others follows to try to helped out. Mindy stays hiding behind the sofa, or rather just sitting behind it.

Damien Wetherford
Damien's eyes narrowed a touch at the somewhat flippant answers coming through the door, one hand slowly balling up into a fist. Anavel chiming in afterwards allowed him to relax, though, giving the Elemental a nod as she came in.

The new faces brought him pause, looking both Amber and the unfamiliar Lost over before stepping forward to help with the bags and whatnot. "On it." The fact that Amber didn't appear to have been touched by Arcadia was noted, making him wonder if she was like Tyler.

Amber
*She blinks and STARES in shock at Anavel* you mean to tell me they have not have sex?! like... for years?! oh POOR THINGS! *yup, like 'my god those starving children!'* oh hi! *as the door opens, offering a rather dashing smile!*

*This girl... well very doubtful you would just think girl, she was a young woman alright, by all the looks of it, delicate of frame, which means she DID seem like she was carved from the very same concept of beautiful without going Disnay Princess in your Head. And starting from the top, she had the most naturaly red hair you could have seen, waving its way down to her hips, with such intensity that if you twisted your head JUST right, you might think there were actually flames flickering, but of course not, it was just the reflection of the light on it. And as she turned green eyes fixed, first on Damien as he was the one coming to take her bags, they did seem to hold a green intensity, like if the fire that shapes the jewls they seem to be was still burning behind them. Her features were delicate, one could say perfect... but not prefect in a general way, just they seemed to be for you, you know full lips that would just murmur right behind your ear and cause THAT shiver to run down your spine, delicate fingers you could perfectly picture trailing that shiver... And her frame, she was not voluptuous, but she had a curvy body that enhased her assest, making you ponder how she would look in.... but oh, she had on jeans, which hugged her hips and ran down to her ankes, which sported boots, they were trecking, after all.... and the ended at her hips, showing JUST a shadow of a navel before her blouse hid the rest of it, a sleeveless blouse that yet left everything to the imagination, and a light, translucent vest which just fell to just below her hips*

Thank you *she winked to Damien as he took the bags, and started her way in, blinking just a hinch* You have come and done quite a bit here...

Storyteller
"You guys are going to have to forgive her," Anavel said, moving into the place and saying, "She's one of the Court of Innocence's... allies. Doesn't have much filter, I'm sixty percent sure she's a succubus so don't sleep with her, you will die."

"Oh holy hell on wheels," Ross says, looking at the woman. He blinks and shakes his head, and smirked to her, "Already forgiven. Also a good way to die. I'm Ross - and you are?"

"Great, Ross," One of the Bishops says dryly and flatly. "You've finally found your people."

"Anyways... so all of this comes, courtesy of the Spring Court," Anavel said, trying to motion at Amber, while moving the food which consists of a variety of hedge fruit to the side, and going to help with the storage unit. "We brought food that should last, and some spare... clothes. Some basic amenities and necessities."

Damien Wetherford
The wink from Amber earned a brief arch of the eyebrow, but the general Jessica Rabbit vibe coming off of her caught his attention more than anything else. She definitely wasn't his type by any stretch of the imagination, but there was still...something there that tried to scratch that itch and he wasn't sure he liked it. "Welcome...Damien, by the way."

Ross' arrival and sudden glomming onto Amber's presence broke that spell, at least for the moment, causing him to shake his head before looking back to Anavel. "Thanks...this'll definitely help."

Amber
*She looks at Anavel in SHOCK!, gasping in absolute innocent* Please! When has sex EVER killed anyone... I mean... unless you like forget to eat for having it... a lot *she smiles* but don't worry *looking to Ross and winking* no one has died on my watch... also NOT the right... *she considers* Child ...

*and then she adds after Anavel goes wtih amenities* I also snuck makeup for the girls... and boys who are into it...

*and to answer both boys* I'm Amber *amuzed by Ross it seems, and also by Damien, oh yup, she caught that 'I don't wanna like you' look. and looking around again* you must need more than just food and ... amenities...

Management:
Damien Wetherford has rolled an Wits 2 + Comp 2 roll (4 dice), getting 5, 2, 6, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Damien Wetherford has failed the roll.

Management:
Damien Wetherford has rolled an Clarity Bonus roll (2 dice), getting 8, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Damien Wetherford has 1 success. This roll used the 9-again rule.

Storyteller
He smirked, and said, "Nice to meet you, Amber."

Quite boldly, he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, and leaned in to whisper something quietly to her. "So, here's the deal. Anavel's right. Most of us just got out of Arcadia, which... isn't really a problem for the sex thing, honestly. But I want to let you know its a touchy topic for some of the girls, who haven't exactly had the... best relationship with the activity. I don't think anyone's bothered by it yet, but the people hurt the worst aren't here right now either. So please keep that in mind. ESPECIALLY if you see a flowering or a rainbow haired elemental."

He smiles a bit, giving her a wink like he had been saying something flirtatious, and said, "Sounds like we need to pay those Spring Courtiers a visit to say thank you. We figured out food a bit ago, but are still working on the cleaning clothes part and the fridge stuff, so this will be much help. Can't wait to get out of this annoying ass uniform."

"Ohhhh," Shelby said, "Some of these clothes are really nice! Hey, Mindy, come here and look at this!"

Mindy... poked her head out from behind the sofa like a little mouse or cat.

Damien Wetherford
The eyeroll that came from Damien at Ross' commentary was hard enough that one had to wonder if he sprained something up there. "Christ, man..." He muttered, getting the food tended to in the kitchen area before going to take a look at the selection of clothing that had been brought in.

Amber
*Amber did not seem bothered by Ross' boldness, but also there was a second of a slight movement in her hand, which got halted as she heard his words whisperd, she smiled, turning enough that her lips almost, ALMOST brushed his lips... and moved to deliver a soft kiss by the corner of his cheek, JUST close enough to his lips that it was dainting...* Well... I will certainly keep that in mind.

And well there are nice clothes there for everyone *she added, as she gently trailed a hand on Ross' chest and slipped away from him, probably leaving him with a faint smell of.... species and ... well hard to tell* WE also bring you an invitation, from the Court of Innosence to their Homecoming party to commemorate... well home-coming *she smiled* You will find suitable clohtes for such in the bags, for those of you who wish to come.

TBC(?)
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

QuicksilverFox85

Re: Special Delivery [Log: Amber, Damien]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:51 pm

Storyteller
"Homecoming? Like a school dance?" Shelby said, pulling out one of the dresses and blushing a deep red, "I would never be allowed to wear this at a school dance."

"Not... quite a school dance, no. The name is similar, but I'd say it's closer to a birthday party than a school dance. It's a celebration of the day you escaped. Some motleys have their own, personal ones, but the courts have public ones too - typically set on the day in which the Spring King made his escape, and sometimes for the other Monarch's. This year they are doing it a bit late though." Anavel said.

"Why the Spring King?" Mindy asked, kind of meandering nervously towards the clothes. "Is he the most important?"

Ross, for his part, doesn't even seem to hear the questions that the others have been asking. For the moment, he's stupefied, as his brain tries to catch up with the scents, sensations, and images that he suddenly finds himself having.

Damien Wetherford
"And why'd they move it, on that note?" The whole concept sounded a little...self-congratulatory to the Darkling, if he was being honest, but the opportunity to meet some of the others like them in the city wasn't a bad thing.

After claiming the bag that had been tagged for him Damien looked the seelction over, eyebrow arching a touch at the more fanciful outfit on the top. That one got set to the side as he went through the others, holding up one of the dress shirts to check the size. "You guys went all out..."

Amber
*She let Ross have his own little fantasy there, as she moved to Shelby, close enough to have a descent conversation, then chose a table to sit on, crossing a leg* yea.. nop... my school teacher had a heart attack when I showed up to homecoming.... almost literal... *a little shruge* but when I smiled to the principal he didn't complain so....

Also it is a much better party. Meant to have fun, so you can forge pillars to start stepping over the bad times into better times... shred the tears so you can embrase new opportunities *she smiled* I actually like that idea, a lot.

Amber
*And she did smile to Damien* is there any other way to do things?

Storyteller
"The most important? Please. No - it's typically the Spring Court because they are the court that is all about Desire and Socializing. They either throw the parties, or they serve as MC to help the other Courts," Anavel said. "The others have more... pressing concerns than the next party."

She grinned, and looked to Damien, and said, "Honestly, not sure. I think you might have been the cause, actually. It was supposed to be the night you guys got out, but it was delayed shortly before hand for reasons I didn't hear about."

She looked to Amber, as though saying 'I bet you'd know more than I would'.

Mindy though hrmed, and said, "So - the Spring Court is the Court of Parties? But... they escaped Arcadia. How can they party when at any moment -they- might come back?"

Damien Wetherford
"...huh." That was an interesting coincidence, to put it lightly, although he stuck a pin in that thought for the moment as he folded everything back up and put it back in the bag for the moment. "I am curious about the other courts in general. There are four, right?"

Amber
*She smiled to Anavel, like if it shocked* meee? *then just gave a little shrug* well... what is a party without a few hundred bunch more...Also, it IS homecoming you know? and well...-they- just got home *she looked to them* Take it as... Spring King wanted to make it a 'welcomehome' *she smiles again, and looked to Damien* nha... they are the angry, the angsty and the 'don't tell mom about'

Storyteller
"Officially, yeah," Anavel said, rolling her eyes at Amber as she focuses her gaze on Damien to address his question. "I heard that a Fifth had cropped up, but it's a rumor more than anything else, and isn't a part of the governing body. But the Four Courts are the Court of Innocence, the Court of Light, the Court of Madness, and the Court of Shadows."

"Court of _Madness_?" Ross said, almost flabbergasted by the name.

"Also called the Court of Knowledge. All the Courts have different names that the various groups use to define them. The Court of Innocence is also the Court of Ignorance. It's also called the Spring Court in other places - those terms are local. The Court of Light is also the Summer Court. The Court of Madness is associated with Autumn. The Court of Night - or Secrets - is associated with Winter. As Amber so... elegantly tried to express just now, they are all associated with different emotions and philosophies, and have different ways of protecting their members from the Kindly Ones - from fighting, to hiding."

In the background, Mindy pulls a pair of panties out that read 'Your wish is my command', and turns a deep shade of red. A small pile of smoke steams out of her ears as she shoves it back into the box, and then tries to close the box.

Damien Wetherford
Damien looked over towards Ross as he chimed in, smirking a touch. "Got enough blood flowing to the proper head to rejoin us, huh? Welcome back."

He turned back to Anavel at that, filing away the information as it was given. "Gotcha...how do the emotions play into things, out of curiosity?"

Amber
*She winks to Anavel* You know... I was trying -not- to totally ruin the surprises? ...*then just giggling when Anavels goes' as Amber so nicely put' ok not those words, but... is fine... just to look Mindy's way.... and actualy burst out a small fit of giggles* now THAT is one girl who gets it.

*and backt o Damien* Angry, angsty, don't tell your mom?... oh and in this case adding... joy... *and she also peered Ross' way as he was back in conversation, atta boy*

Storyteller
"Don't be jealous, Dame," Ross smirked, shortening Damien's name for ease.

Mindy shirked, trying her best to become invisible. Idly she moved a bit behind Shelby, who went to go check the 'undergarments container' for its contents.

Anavel considered, before saying, "It ties into the philosophy, and also serves as a preferred form of glamour. Honestly, this would be the kind of thing best to go to the courts and talk with them about. Get to know multiple members and the Monarchs - get the feel of them, rather than just one person's perspective and relationship. Best short, brief summaries I can get into are that the Innocents are socialites focused on desire, the Paladins are Warriors that draw strength from their anger, the Mad Ones are sorcerers who .... deal with things most of us would be hesitant to... and the Shadows are Weeping Angels."

She smiled.

"Weeping what now?" Shelby asked, as apparently most of the class were not nerds.

"It was a poor, and inappropriate reference to Doctor Who," Anavel said. "But really, the Shadows are the simplest of all. They are the Court of Sorrow, and they are the best at hiding."

Damien Wetherford
"Jealous of what, exactly?" He quipped back. "You're not that impressive."

"You know...'don't look away, don't turn your head, and don't blink.'" The quote was done in a half-decent Scottish accent, accompanied by an amused smirk to Anavel as he nodded. "When's this party going to be?"

Amber
*she looked to Mindy again* You know I am not going to eat you, right? You girl need to lighten up a bit *she actualy said that gently, before she looked back to Anavel then Shelby* Sorrow... angst... also mind it, they can hide, but they can also stick a knive behind your back... so kinda dangerous angst

*And a look to Damien, her head tiltig* well he's got it right, at least...*and then her head tilts, giving them the date*

Storyteller
"Nope, I don't get it," Ross said, shaking his head.

"Me either," Shelby said.

"... Are you choosing classes? Is that what your doing with those courts? Mage, Paladin, Rogue, or Bard? Or something like that?" Mindy said from behind Shelby, still. "I wanna be a Wizard. But I don't want to go crazy. Can I multiclass?"

Anavel blinked a few moments, looking to Mindy in silence. That look quickly turns into a stare. Mindy just kind of watched awkwardly, and said, "Um... what?"

While trying to hide herself further behind Shelby.

Damien Wetherford
"She's asking if you can only be a part of one court." He gave Mindy a quick "I got you" look, quietly amused. He hadn't particularly led on about his nerdier interests while he was in school, but it had carried over even after the mess they had been through in Arcadia.

Amber
*She looked between Mindy and Anavel* I'm suppsoed to be the scary one...*to Anavel, as she smiled to Mindy* You want to be in the 'you don't wanna your mom to know about it' Sweetheart, and I guess the whole madness is because they know so much no one gets them but themselves... so I would not worry too much about going crasy, just don't let it go into your head and you'll be just fine... also if you do, I'll recomend you a couple books to expand your orizons *winking Mindy-Shelbys way. And then looking to Damien, a faint shrug of her shoulders* Far as I know you can't belong to two Courts... because ... I don't know why, now that I think about it...*and thus she looked to Anavel*

Storyteller
"No no, I got what she means," Anavel said, "I'm just thinking of the best method of stealing her from you guys and keeping her for myself."

Mindy smiled shyly... but clutched Shelby's clothes more firmly as well. Shelby idly leaned against Mindy.

"Anyways," Anavel said, "No, not really. You can be close with a Court, but you can't be a part of two different groups. They are allegiances. Allies. It's like being a citizen of the US and of Mexico, while living on the border. Yeah, you might cross over to the other side from time to time and have a lot of friends, and feel like a part of both, but your only REALLY part of one. You make an Oath to that Court, on that Season or Concept, and bind yourself to it and make it a part of you. So to espouse the idea of hiding, while also espousing the idea of fighting, would be akin to splitting yourself in two. You can -leave- a Court, and join a new one, but you can only ever really be a part of one."

Damien Wetherford
"Makes sense." Damien nodded quietly in response. "Will have to see where we fit in, then."

"How many of us are in town, out of curiosity?"

Amber
*A look o Mindy, a look to Anavel* I would lay a chocolate path for her to follow it... she seems like a chocolate kind of girl... or you know? you could just offer to be a bigger shield than the Queeny there. *She smiles to Shelby to show she means no harm, mean! they are all cute this far, so clueless*

Quite a few *she said to Damien as she hopped off the table, bored with sitting and moved to very lightly explore the place, just staying with them, but peering* Are you all staying here for a while? Or have you come up with plans...?

Storyteller
"Oh, I'm a pawn. The Queens are out tonight," Shelby corrected. "And this isn't her hiding. She's taking a position to kill anyone who hurts me."

"Eh... really?" Anavel said, looking at Mindy." She looked to Damien, and said, "Not sure, to be honest."

Damien Wetherford
Damien smirked at Shelby's clarification, shaking his head as he looked back to Anavel. "Gotcha. I'm guessing we're the biggest group to come out at one in a while, though, yeah?"

Amber
Tomato tomato *she said to Shelby, well she really wasn't refering to the chess piece, but guess she should be careful with these guys. Then a smile as she looked to Mindy*

*and she'll let Anavel answr about that one from Damien*

Storyteller
Ross snorted at Shelby, and said, "Puhlease. No one's EVER going to believe Mindy could hurt a fly."

"Well, they -were- before you had to go and ruin it. Mindy, go kick Ross for ruining it," Shelby said.

"But then I would be exposed and easily picked off..." Mindy mumbles.

Anavel breathed in, and looked to Damien, "Groups can come in sizes of one to six typically at the largest when escaping. So yeah, size wise there are a lot more of you than typically would be found fresh from the hedge."

Damien Wetherford
"I'll cover you. Go for it." Damien said with a wink before looking back to Anavel and giving a nod. "We'll probably make a big splash at this party, then..."

Amber
*She blinks a moment, and then giggles softly* I'm sorry Anavel... I want to keep her now too!

*she looked to Mindy* Go ahead, we'll keep our distance while you go kick him.

Storyteller
"Fight you for her," Anavel said with a smirk.

"They are -literally- plotting my capture right now," Mindy stage whispers. "Thanks Ross."

Ross laughed and said, "Sorry Mindy."

Anavel smirked, and said, "Maybe. You'll be noticed for sure as a big group but in the grand scheme of things, compared to the whole of the Courts, your probably could go without being noticed, so long as you don't wear whatever Amber threw in there for you."

Damien Wetherford
"Yeah...not so much." He glanced to where he had set his bag down, shaking his head with a smirk. "Little too Arabian Nights for my tastes."

Amber
*She wrins to Anavel* sure... why not

*and wink Mindy's way* friendly capture Sweety

*Before she blinks at Anavel* Seriously? *she moves a bit, bringing herself closer to Damien* Look at the profile *she lightly tapped Damien's chin, probably sending.. and oddly warm chim down his spine* SO many people would be looking at him, thinking he is hot, that literaly -no one- will be able to sneak him away *she winked at him, and moved to VERY lighting trail a circle around Ross* and this one... how is anyone going to get him away into Never Land when he'll be surounded by so many girls, he won't even know what to do with himself *she winked at him too* Now a girl... *she looked to Shelby and Mindy* that IS power, the power of saying 'I am here' and I am so here, that literaly Mindy won't have to hide, because every boy in the room will be falling to defend her just because she is who she is.

Don't let them pick out of fear Anavel, let them pick out of definition, let them chose who they want to be.... a scary little flower ready to stab? *she looked to Mindy* I'll teach you how to make sure it kills them...*a smile* a powerful knight ready to strike?... well I guess then you will just need a sword... a Flame ready to dance away the sorrow... let me show you who is the best dance partner...

But what ever it is... let yourself chose *she looked to them* Because Homecoming is all about yourselves, show them who you are, because they will be watching, they wan't to watch you... oh! and you want them to watch... So they know who you are, and you'll know you'll be a part of them, and thus -here- where they can't take you back

Storyteller
Mindy smiled a bit at Amber, while moving to peek over Shelby shoulder. Ross smirked, and then cried out "OW! God... dammit!"

Bouncing on one leg. Mindy had, apparently, taken advantage of Amber talking to rush and kick Ross. Then immediately run back over to Shelby.

"I don't want them to see me," Mindy said.

"Will Tyler be there?" Shelby asked. "I know he's busy as a cop - but I've wanted to talk with him more, and we don't have the phone yet and..."

"I'm sure we can extend an invite," Anavel said, looking to Amber.

"Can't hurt," Ross said, looking to the others, shivering himself as Amber neared him (among other things). "Can pass the news along when the others get here, and maybe get to know new people who have been... in similar situations to us."

Damien Wetherford
Damien tensed up visibly at the unexpected touch, the faint sound of metal-on-metal ringing out as his hand clenched into a fist. The shiver that ran through him at her caress only made matters worse, feeding into the feral air that surrounded him as the words that followed came out as more of a growl. "Do not...touch me again without asking."

Amber
*She Did giggle softly as Mindy took the chance to go kick Ross, looking to Anavel* She is an angst, I think....*Winking to Midy* Well point is, sometimes you have to let them see you, so they know who you are, and so they can keep tabs on you and make sure the Others don't take you again, so... for a moment chose someone, like that girl, or one of these two boys to hold hands with, if that makes you feel better, no one will harm you at the party, you'll be honored guests after all

*And then she looked to Damien as he tensed, her head tilted, and then something registered in her head, there is a tiny 'oh' and then just a smile, as... well for a brief, VERY brief second an impish kinda glimmer crosses her eyes, which she seems to just push away before she says* You will have to pardon me, I am quite liberal with my proximity *she meant it, despite the impishness that peeked for a second, or two*

Storyteller
The door to the outside world opened up, as Lily's voice came through the hollow to announce, "We're back! We brought... mostly melted ice cream. We have no fridge, so eating it immediately is imperative."

The group which had gone out seemed to have found other sections of it's group, as Lily, Victoria, Jordan, Artie, and Richie all seemed to have met each other.

"Welcome back. We have guests," Ross calls out, alerting them.

"Oh! Anavel Hi! What is this?" Lily says, carrying a tub of ice cream and a box of plastic spoons and motioning to the clothes. "Oh! And who are --"

"Hi I'm Richie," Richie interjects, moving to introduce himself to Amber.

"....You," Lily says, eyeing Richie at his oh so rude interruption.

"We brought clothes," Anavel explained.

Damien Wetherford
That flicker in the Makara's eyes didn't go unmissed, but with the apology and the arrival of the others he nodded and stepped back, putting a bit of distance between himself and those gathered as he slowly began to reign in the anger that had arisen so suddenly with her touch. He remained quiet for the moment, forcing his hand to relax and lay flat once again.

Amber
*After the apologuy, she really did not seem to linger more on the matter, it -was- her nature after all, and the conversation in her head was getting intersting so... she smiled as she saw new ones! blinking at Richie, and giggling* My aren't you an eager one *she winked at him* I am Amber

And as we were telling your friends, we aslo bring an invitation, to the Spring King party to honor your coming Home... and clothes as Anavel put it.

Storyteller
"Oh... cool," She said, as she set the ice cream down, and moved to where Shelby was, "Let's see what we got."

"You... aren't fae. Are you like Tyler?" Richie asked, "Made a promise and became fae-touched?"

Artie looked to the new girl, and moved over to where Damien was. His leg was better - he still had a light limp, but if they got attacked he could run and he did a good job concealing it. He wasn't the only one who intuitively seemed to maneuver themselves towards people - watching them come in was almost like watching a chessboard formulate around you, with each piece intuitively positioning themselves to where would be the best place to be, should an unknown circumstance come to be.

"The Spring Kings... Party?" Jordan asked, tilting her head. "Seems like an odd time to go to a party, in my opinion. The Black King could still be looking for us."

"You know, weirdly enough from what I understand they party literally to avoid that situation from happening," Anavel said.

"How does that even work?" Ross asked.

Damien Wetherford
Damien looked towards Artie as he approached, the hunter's gaze quickly taking in the pawn's measure before he realized what he was doing and shook his head as though to clear it. "I'm good." He replied quietly. "Just need a minute."

Amber
*She smiled brightly to Richie, he WAS a curious one!* Well, well... *she seemed to consider even tapping her lips gently, that impish glimmer coming around, as she looked about, then moved closer to Richie whispering to his ear and letting the air caress his skin as she did so* It's .... not a secret...*and she moved back away, going back to sit on a table and cross her leg* but I will wait for the moment to be right to let you know *she grins*

Also... It is a party, where the Children who fled Arcadia come gather, so they know you, so you know them, and by doing so, you will be harder to find, and harder to catch... see it like... putting a lot of ligh on a jewel, then its much harder for the jewel to get stolen, isn't it?

*she did take in how they moved though, THAT was actually... cute*

Storyteller
"I guess?" Ross said.

Richie breathed in through his nose, and said, "Alright. You been... in a burning building recently by any chance?"

"Ok, Richie, if your about to pull a 'because your on fire' or 'because your hot' pickup line, I'm going to have to cut you off and we're gonna need to have a talk," Ross interjected.

"Oh! Anavel, Amber, help yourself to the --," Lily looked over to where she set the ice cream and blinked. "What happened to the Ice Cream?"

Damien Wetherford
Once he felt like he had a firm hand on the reins Damien let out a quiet breath, giving Artie a nod before moving to rejoin the others. He spared a glance where Lily looked towards, an eyebrow arched up. "No idea..."

Amber
*A look between Ross and Richie, a slow blink, she let out a giggle, amused by their exchange, simply saying* you have -no- idea *burning building...she chuckled, as she looked Lilly's way, then the shadow of ice cream standing up in the table, then she idly looked towards Mindy... having a hunch.. that little mouse was more resourceful than any gave her credit*

Storyteller
Artie nodded, still in position without having to move much. His motion was as much for his benefit with the strangers as it was for Damien's. Richie rolled his eyes at Ross, and said, "No, dude, it's cause she literally smells like she came from a fire. Don't lump me in with you."

"The Hell you say?" Ross said, moving towards Richie. Victoria stepped in between the two and looked to Ross.

"Guests. Etiquette. Do I need to say more?" She was watching him with cold, calculating eyes. Ross paused, looking to her, and scowled, moving to step back and take a breather - with him stepping back, the feel of the 'formation' seemed almost broken.

"So a lot of these clothes are really pretty. Like -really- pretty. I think some of these are fairly expensive." Shelby said. "Maybe we could... try them on? See if they fit? I mean, they are all named but I'm sure some have to be a little off..."

Jordan looked over to the pile, and then to Lily, then to the missing ice cream. "Your fault for setting it down Lily. It might be a hedge thing. The Hollow could have decided it was hungry, and eaten the ice cream."

"I don't think that's possible," Anavel assured, and then said, "Far as the clothes, I think they wanted you to have something nice to wear if you guys chose to come to the party. Now, I don't speak for the Spring Court - just a casual friend - but you guys DON'T have to come if your not comfortable with it."

Damien Wetherford
Damien looked towards Richie and Ross as they started to size each other up, frowning quietly. The two of them would rib each other now and again, much like he would with Ross, but this felt...different. He paused when Victoria stepped in, relaxing a touch when Ross stepped back.

"May not be a bad idea." He nodded to Shelby, then looked over to Anavel. "I'm not opposed to going...it's as good a place as any to learn more about all of this from the source, if anything."

Amber
*She... smiled at both boys as they started to speak about her smell, even as 'threatening' as it might have been there it was, that impish little smile for a second or two, but she was there to be friendly, so she again, chidded it in* You have a great sense of smelll Richie *is all she said then*

*And then she winked at 'thin' air, and back to look at them, she eyed Anavel, and shruged faintly* As she well placed it it IS an invitation, free to accept, free to decline.

BUT, it will give you the opportunity to meet others, to find savety with others, and well to be able to associate and gain favor. You should also remember you'll be guest of honor, so you may get nice things too, as everyone will be happy to see you free form the Hedge.

And... I must add, watching you together... do you really want to just go a few and skip others? Together you can keep each other safe. But also I pretty sure you will be safe there.

*And then she looked around* And... because I like you... Mindy? I can promise to keep you save for the night if you do wish to go.

QuicksilverFox85

Re: Special Delivery [Log: Amber, Damien]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Jul 28, 2019 12:44 am

Destiny
She had paid passing attention to what was going on, and finally had more then she could process. She made her way back from getting booze, one bottle already in the trash. NOW she was ready for the shenaigans that was her new life

Storyteller
"Probably not. If we're invited to a party, we should all go or not at all," Lily said, smiling. "

Mindy is no where to be found. The Playmate has ninja'd herself out in the confusion of people coming in. Which of course causes most of the people to blink, and look around for her when Amber talks to her, and Lily to go, "MINDY YOU CAN'T JUST STEAL PEOPLE'S ICE CREAM! That's for EVERYBODY!"

No response is given from the pawn. Which makes sense, as that would now give away her hiding space.

As the door back into the Hollow from the real world opens, attention shifts almost immediately away from the ninja'd pawn towards the door, an almost surreal quiet going into the room for the moment, waiting to hear a voice or see who was coming in.

Once they came into view, Destiny (and Diamond, if she was there) would see the majority of the Chess Pieces assembled neatly around what appeared to be two guests - one Anavel, and one a red headed woman who couldn't help but leave a positive impression on the people around her - almost a familiarity that broke down walls of even the most jaded individuals. Ross and Richie looked a little irate. Victoria was a bit between them, almost impossible to read. Lily was by and inspecting what appeared to be a set of groceries and boxes of clothes - hedge fruit and things to wear.

Probably nice to see, given the last few days they'd been having difficulty getting meals and having only one set of clothes for a long period of time was uncomfortable and awkward at best.

Amber/Diamond
*For her part as Diamond came in very close to Destiny, she seemd to freeze, seeing soooo many in the same place, and new face and.... well just, like she tends to be, so unfamiliar with.... proximity, she seems to drift to a corner... to watch, just watch.

*Amber nods to Lilly, smiling rather radiantly* That -is- a good idea. IT also... seems like you could use time to settle down with others, get some... normalty? if that can be the case, down. *She was sjure they'll have fun. And she eyed Ross and Richie, but they had it under control and she was not yet going to chime in on things like that*

*she leaned on a table and tilted her head towards the new ones arriving, my they were growing bigger and bigger*

Destiny
She arched a brow at all those looking at her, and she smiled showing sharp fangs "What?" Then followed Diamond to the corner to sit and listen

Storyteller
That 'tension' that had entered the room left the moment it became clear that it was Destiny and Diamond who were returning. Richie's focus shifted to the two of them, and said, "You guys should announce yourselves when your coming in. Just a call - hey it's just us, don't freak out and start throwing fireballs."

Of course, everyone else's attention shifted back to their respective locations. Lily smiled, and said, "We have guests!"

"Right. Dess, Diamond, this is Amber. You already know Anavel." Ross said, motioning to the two of them quickly.

"They brought clothes," Shelby said, motioning to the box. "For everyone. As well as some much needed relief supplies to keep us alive. And an invitation from the Court of Innocence to a party."

Amber/Diamond
*Diamond blinked aaaand shrank a bit behind Destiny as Risshie chidded them, but nodding with a low* s.. sorry...*just to eep faintly when Ross came closer, but she didn't feel from him... not yet at least, her eyes going to the boxes, just half perking... clothes...*

And makeup... for whomever wants to wear it *she added, jeez makeup was important for parties! come ooon, eyeing Diamond... another little mouse, wonder if she was as stealthy as the other*

Destiny
She snorted a bit "The day you throw fire balls at me is the day I drink more.." She sat down and gave a nod to the two people

Damien Wetherford
Damien's gaze also went to the door when it opened, relaxing a touch when the familiar faces were revealed. He gave the girls a nod, although the "drink more" comment earned a quick arch of the eyebrow. "Where'd you guys end up?"

Storyteller
"Death by immolation or drowning is still death," Richie smirked. "I see you've already prepared for the event in which fireballs are thrown at you."

"Some of these are really nice," Lily said, smiling. "It looks like there is something for everyone here. It looks like they have names on it. What do we do if they don't fit?"

"We can have anything that was guessed wrong refitted," Anavel said, smiling.

Amber/Diamond
*Diamond peeks to Lilly, nodding, and seems to look around, but does NOT stand up from next to Destiny, nhu uh!*

*Amber nods to Anavel* I can come by tomorrow with someone to make any arrangements needed... or you can start trying now so I get an idea of who will be better suited for re-fitting.

Destiny
She sorta motioned with the bottle in her hand "accelerant even" She looked over at the clothing and tilted her head "Out of curiosity and you guys might have already covered it..but what is going to be the payback for all this help?"

Damien Wetherford
The bottle the Ogre had in hand caused his eyebrow to arch up further, giving Destiny a curious look as he moved to grab his set of clothes from the lot to go and try things on. He almost didn't want to ask where - or how - they had gotten it...

Storyteller
"I think you can consider most of this to be homecoming presents from the Innocents. The Spring Court has been doing a lot to help escaped lost to accommodate to the world for the past couple years. They didn't mention a price to me though Amber would be the better one to ask," Anavel said, looking over to the red-headed girl. "They mention anything to you?"

Destiny
She nodded slowly and turned her eyes towards Amber curiously. The bottle was small enough that she put it inside her clothing and left it there

Amber/Diamond
*Diamond kept quiet*

*Amber shruged, and looked to Anavel* you know you CAN ask things to him, right? *and then turning to them* nothing was mentioned, the Spring King wanted to help those who had just escaped the Hedge... *she shruged, like if that was perfectly natural to her*

Damien Wetherford
Damien gave a nod to the answers for Destiny's question, continuing on towards the room that he shared with Ross to see how close the folks with the Spring Court got his sizes...which would be kind of impressive, admittedly, since even he didn't know what he was at these days...

Storyteller
The clothes were... pretty spot on, actually. Maybe they were faerie enchanted to fit, or maybe either Anavel or Leone was just -that- observant. Either way.

Anavel shrugs and said, "I'm not one of the Innocents, and don't exactly have a front row seat to speak with their various movers and shakers to know what it is they do and why they do it. You guys' philosophies are not for me. So easier to ask the woman who seems to know everyone, and whose connected to the Prince."

Lily considered, and said, "They -did- invite us to a party, Destiny. Apparently as guests of honor. That might be the 'price'. I mean, they also said that it's our choice to go or not, but I'm pretty sure these -really- nice clothes are specifically tailored to party. It's sort of an all or nothing thing though - we all go, or none of us go."

Destiny
She peeked at the clothing and reached out taking the one with her name on it, and the one with Diamonds name, she offered it to her "you wanna change here or ..elsewhere? I could care less"

Amber/Diamond
*She watches Damien go try things go* give the Arabian nights a try! you might lure a eye or two...*she smiled*

*and looked to Anavel, gasping, then grinning* well I am just a people person! *not lingering on the connected to the Prince, mean no point denying it, or really pointing it out*

*They are yes, mean the clothes, meant for the party, at least the fancy ones, we got you day to day ones too.

*Diamond took the box with her name with a low* th.. thanks *to Destiny, then a HUGE stare and a quick*nohere!!!

Damien Wetherford
Amber's comment earned the Makara a brief look from the Darkling as he reached the door, shaking his head before he headed into the room. A few minutes later he emerged, cutting a sharp figure indeed in a pair of black dress slacks and a white dress shirt, taking a moment to adjust the sleeves as he looked towards Anavel and Angel. "You guys really went all out..."

Storyteller
Finding the ones geared towards you wasn't too hard in the pile - everyone had a few tags and a name, after all, and Lily has been looking through this since she got back (As well as Shelby, and once before Mindy before she vanished with the ice cream, never to be seen again). She passes over the pile that was for Diamond as well, which seemed to be about a weeks worth of casual clothes, and two sets of very, very nice attire that you might wear out to a party, to church, to a business meeting, or... actually, some of the 'nice' attire you would not wear to a church or business meeting, as they were very much designed to be evocative -- even if they were not so evocative as to be called slutty.

"Well, we have rooms for that purpose," Shelby grinned. "We could test these out, put on a little fashion show while we're here."

Return to “Changeling”