Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:46 am

Storyteller
You were hungry.

It wasn't an idle thought or anything like that. Truth be told, everyone here was - by this point - fairly hungry. There was safety in numbers, and they were a big group, but that also came with it's own drawbacks. Food didn't go very far between the lot of them, and money was hard to come by. The hedge could be a good place to harvest food, but it was also dangerous - filled with hobs, hedge beasts, huntsmen, and ... Them. Not just the Black King, but apparently others.

Anavel, Leone, and Tyler would try to help, but it was a big group and... they still lacked a phone. Some people took some time to try to study their own lives, maybe thinking there might be security in that if they could just reclaim it, but ultimately that just took away from the pressing concern that people needed to eat.

It was in environments like this people realized all were not equal. Distribution was not always equal - who needed strength the most would be fed the most. Who provided the most would be provided the most for. The prettiest, strongest, and most... compliant... would inevitably form a hierarchy in these kinds of situations.

... It wasn't that bad yet. But it was a pressing concern, for a very basic need to survive. People needed money to feed people. Their means of cooking was sparse, a pot and a fire. Nice food was a commodity, not a necessity. People did what they could to ensure there were not days where people were not eating but...

You weren't starving, but you were still... hungry.

"...What are we going to do about food?" Someone says, after one person's stomach growls for the 'you've-lost-count' time. It was Jordan who had spoken up. Jordan was... far, far too pretty to be a pawn. Honestly, she looked like she could have been a queen with the way she held herself, the way she looked around. She wasn't, of course - she didn't hold herself in the way that Lily or Victoria did, and the evidence of her pawn-state was marked on her uniform which by this time was starting to get fairly messy.


Damien Wetherford
As time had passed Damien had taken point on preparing what bits and bobs they had been able to wrangle food-wise, using what skill he had in the kitchen to make it stretch as best as he could. It wasn't much, though, and he knew they were getting up to the line most ricky tick.

The Darkling looked up at the question, frowning quietly. "I can think of a few ideas...not the best, but it's something."


Diamond
*She was, as always just by a corner, watching, being around them was still too strange for her, but she also wanted to know, and to try to help.... she was not yet sure how, but....

She looked to Jordan then to where the food they got would be at, back, biting her lips some..... And then to Damien* co.... could we.... find a job? *well popping out of her mind, maybe some of them could get a job, as she frowned, trying to come up with something she could do in that reward...*


Storyteller
"Jobs usually require identification. Which we lack. No social, no ID, nothing - and getting those things would require going to where our fetch is, and going to where our fetch is is likely the first place that the Black King is going to be looking for us at," Jordan said, shaking her head. "And if one of us gets caught..."

She didn't need to finish that. The Black King had ways of making them talk, to give up the rest of their location.

"Diamond, couldn't we just... cut your hair, and start selling the shards?"


Damien Wetherford
"...seriously?" Damien just...stared at Jordan for a moment. "First thing, fuck no we're not using anyone like that. Second thing, that probably wouldn't work anyway because it wouldn't look like anything but hair to anyone else. Third thing, see first thing."


Diamond
*She blinked to Jordan, blinking, blink as her eyes got a bit wide,... kind of peering at her hair, half shock half... more shock as Damein kind of defended her! mean he WAS one of the scaries... She swallowed, but then....* uh.. th.. thanks *to Damien, pressing her lips, he was probably right, will it look like hair?, she self consciously started to tug at her hair, but she did add* w.. we... could... sing in the street? *well! they dind't ids for that, right?*


Storyteller
"... Can you sing? Because I can't. And really, might as well just sit about with a sign saying 'need money for food, living in a homeless shelter with twenty friends. Need food noaw'. Actually, that might work. Do we know any homeless shelters?"

"Not sure those wouldn't be just as high risk as our homes though," Richie said, from inside the kitchen, bouncing himself into the conversation. "We don't know how much influence in this world they have. Its part of the risk of finding a corner and begging, is your literally a sitting duck. Homeless go missing all the frigging time."

Jordan sighed, and then rested her hands in her head.

"Ross is out grabbing hedge fruit with Anthony. So we got at least tonight figured out." Richie said, looking to Jordan.


Damien Wetherford
"I know of a few, yeah. Assuming they're still open, anyway." That sort of outreach had been part of his own attempts to even the playing field between the haves and have-nots, although with eight years having passed he had no idea how active any of the people he had worked with before were in the field.

The darkling sighed, shaking his head. "Figuring out what we can do individually isn't a bad idea, though. There's also general work crews and things like that, although some of them may check for IDs and the ones that don't are usually pretty sketch."


Diamond
*she blinks to Jordan... blink, blanky...* I... d.. don't know...*she hummed as she tried to figure it out, then sighed and closed her eyes for a second or two, just going with what ever popped in her head, since she really didn't remember...oh! a song!*

Management:
0 | 07/20/2019 2:29 am Diamond has rolled an lets see roll (6 dice), getting 2, 8, 8, 6, 9, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 3 successes.



Storyteller
Jordan blinks, looking over Diamond, and said, "Of course you can."

She sighed, and looked over to Richie, and said, "Why didn't they say anything? It's dangerous to go out there!"

Richie shrugged, and looked to Damien, "Sketchy is fine. Sketchy is what we can work with for now. Long as people don't have to start turning tricks, I'm happy."

He looked to Diamond, and said, "Singing alone wouldn't be enough to get us an income. We'd need an instrument and to spend a lot of time stationary. Otherwise its just someone singing."


Damien Wetherford
The talk of busking got the Darkling actually mulling the idea over for a moment, the gears visibly turning. It was an option, in theory, although it had been years since...

He shook his head as though to clear it before looking back towards Richie. "Yeah, agreed. Think we can figure something out before we get to that point."


Diamond
*she opened her eyes, looking to Jordan* I... wasn't sure... I.. co.. could... I gues I do can....*her head tilting, why was she sure when she, herself wasn't. and then to Rishie, she was quiet a moment* we .. co..could do something? li.. like the beds? but... an instrument?.... ma.. maybe it.. it won't be much... but.... with just a few coins we.. c.. could get rice, that.. is.. unexpensive?


Storyteller
Richie nodded and then said, "Rice is easy to boil too. Ramen's cheap as well. We only have to make it a while though while we figure shit out."

Jordan considered, and said, "We should be trying to get in contact with those courts they were talking about. I'm sure they have groups designed to help with things like this."


Damien Wetherford
"It's a thought, yeah..." He nodded, eyeing some of the furnishings that they had managed to pull together. How close one could get to the genuine article from memory was another story, of course, but it was worth a try, if anything.

"Probably not a bad idea. Would just need to find a phone to use...doesn't really help to have the numbers for Anavel and the others without a way to get a hold of them."


Diamond
*Well... as it seemed her idea was off, she just went quiet, brining her legs closer to her chest and listening*


Storyteller
"I'm sure it's on the way," Jordan said, looking at the wall. "Sometimes things just take time..."


Damien Wetherford
Damien nodded, then looked back towards Diamond now that she had fallen silent. "Do you play anything in particular instrument wise, or just sing?"


Diamond
*she looks again to Damien, fidgeting, with a little shrug of her shoulders* I... don't know? si.. sininig just popped in.. my.. mind? and I tried.... maybe?


Storyteller
"Your memories still haven't come back, huh?" Jordan asked.


Damien Wetherford
"Gotcha. I played piano, but that's a little hard to pull off on a street corner." He smirked a touch, eyeing Jordan at her question before turning his attention back to Diamond.


Diamond
*She shook her head, in a quiet no* I... just... feel blank... wh.. when I try to remember... *she sighed* maybe... I.. got broken on the way out *softly... before offering* keyboard? *a little frown, why can she remember THOSE things and nothing of herself*


Storyteller
She nodded and said, "There are probably ways we can fix that. I mean, if we can make deals with concepts, we can surely find ways to return your memories to you."


Damien Wetherford
"Probably, yeah." Damien nodded, giving Diamond a small smile. "We'll get it figured out."

"On that note, though," he looked to those gathered, "have any of you tried anything we picked up over there yet since we got back? I haven't yet."


Diamond
*She looked to Jordan, nodding, unsure she wants to, but it was better than void, right?, she shuddered, then her head tilted, and she blinked, perking* what... if we just walk in and ask nicely? *biting her lips, then adding quickly* you know.. like you said.. contract with a concept.. the concept is 'agree with me'... I.. think it could work...?


Storyteller
Jordan nodded and then said, "I've tried a few things. Ross has been using his powers to ensure he can fight. And I am pretty sure we're all messing with dreams."

Richie smiled to Diamond, and said, "Can give that a try."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:47 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
A wry smirk graced Damien's features at Jordan's comment about their dreams, giving the pawn a small nod in return. Lord knew that his own had been turning dark in a damn hurry and anything he could do to help keep that from happening was top priority, and he imagined it was the same for the others. "Yeah, no kidding. Will try something out at some point, then." One thought did come to mind that would be easy enough to test, but he felt like keeping his feet on the ground for the moment. Maybe later...

He looked to Diamond at her suggestion, mulling the idea over. "Definitely worth a shot, yeah. Desparate times and all."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby Elsaa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 12:58 am

*The girl did not comment on it, but flitched about the dream comment, biting her lips agian... going quiet for a good moment, before, instead of focusing on that, she kept focus on the other conversation*

we... we could try to do that... today... an... and maybe... if.. if it helps... th.. that'll be a change, right? or...*she fidgeted*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby Jakondite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:16 am

Jordan Wallace
Elemental | Striking Looks 1 | Further Stats Pending
"Pretty sure they all work out about the same as they used to, back then. The Contracts. We made agreements with them, not sure why those agreements would be null and void out here since 'wilst in Arcadia' was not in the fine print. Hell, pretty sure we can still make new agreements." Jordan said, looking to the others. "Its just a new field. The rules aren't that different."

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:32 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"Or an old field, and we're bringing the new rules with us." Damien looked to Jordan at that, offering a small shrug. "Either way, it's something to keep in mind."

He turned back to Diamond, giving a nod and a small smile. "I'd be up for going with you if you want. Maybe once Ross and Anthony get back."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby Elsaa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:39 am



*She smiles just a faint at Demien, relieved he offered to come with! and nodded a little bit*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby Jakondite » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:20 am

Jordan Wallace
Elemental | Striking Looks 1 | Further Stats Pending
"Mmm... I think I'm going to have to come with you. Who knows what you guys will grab if I'm not there, and I kinda wanna see whether this works or not," She grinned a bit, and paused, before saying, "So, if this works we have food. What about clean clothes? How do we manage that?"

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:47 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
Damien gave Jordan a bit of a 'really?' look, but the smirk that followed cut through that initial flare of irritation. "Can hit up places for donations, in theory. Either that or start collecting rainwater on the other side and hauling it back in here."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 319
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Plans for the Future [Attn: Diamond, Destiny]

Postby Elsaa » Sun Jul 21, 2019 2:50 am



*She blinks at them, her head tilting* same as before? .... we can always ask nice....*she blinked, she hmmms softly to herself, thinking quietly* or go into shops but them under what we have and take them out?
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?


Return to “Changeling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest