Adventure! [Doug/Kelvin]

The stars can be seen , so lovely for such a sorrowful place. Suicide cliffs are a expanse of rock face that has green foliage and trees near the top. At the bottom the waves of the ocean crash against jagged rocks. Sometimes crimson can be seen in the waves and legend has it that is the blood of those poor souls that have chosen to take their life and all they left behind was blood in the water.
QuicksilverFox85

Re: Adventure! [Doug/Kelvin]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:42 am

Kelvin
Presence 2 | Gnosis 2 | Active Magic | Active Attainments
Kelvin gave a knowing nod as Doug seemed puzzled by Gemini's questions, allowing himself a small smirk. They'd all been there at some point, newly Awakened and having the barest inkling of a clue about what the hell was going on.

While Gem and Doug talked Kelvin focused on keeping an eye on their surroundings, watching for their dead friend and whatever other mojo it may be bringing with it.
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Shane

Postby Shane » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:04 am

"Doug Richards"
Gnosis: 1 | Eidetic Memory | Occultation: 3

"I was lead up the River Styx by the ferryman to a tower of lead and death to sign the Devil's guestbook. I just assumed I was passing through hell because that's where I'm going to head if people believe in such things...still better than this..."

I mused thinking of the shade looking to Gem as we moved, giving a small dismissive wave.

"Yea. Sure. Though right now I'm focused on trying to not be murdered by a spectre that's likely a union defector who was probably as violent in life as they are in death. Not a good time right now I think."

My head was on a swivel as we moved. Spelunking was scary and dangerous enough as it was, add in murdering ghosts and I was in well over my head. This was all on my two companions, I could offer moral support at best.

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:20 am

Gemini:
Striking Looks 2| Active magic: Honing the form

"Sounds like Stygia"

She shook her head "No those buckskins didn't look manufactured but more antique, as was some of his jewelry. Looked a couple hundred yeas old and he was pretty powerful ..." She looked behind at kelvin and motioned to him "I'd not worry about getting hurt, and really thats why I bring him on my adventures. Aside from getting pissy : He handles the dead. Me, well...lets just say I am the opposite of the coin. You get hurt I can fix you"

Little speckles started to give off a glow along the walls as they moved. She smiled "oh wow, glow in the dark moss" She started to move ahead, and as they did they stepped into a larger cave again. The sides of the walls seemed to have been chiseled out, and bones lay in the man made stone beds, red ichor over each bone. She stepped in "Be respectful do not touch anything" She said and started to carefully peek at the remains.

Most where literally just red dust with a bone here and there, some had skulls. It just reeked of old and tomb.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:09 am

Kelvin
"Yeah, sounds about right." Of course, his exact view of the Realm of the Dead was different, but that was normally the case; no man walked the exact same path in the Atlantean Realms as the next, after all. "He's definitely been dead for a while, at any rate. The longer the linger the more...sentient they get, and he definitely had a mind of his own and a good bit of power to back it up."

He smirked a bit at the motion from Gemini, chuckling. "Not the only reason you bring me along, I hope..."

He continued to watch as they moved into the next section of the cave, pausing as they reached what seemed to be a burial chamber. He said a few words in Latin more to himself than anyone else before continuing in, taking pains to move without disturbing anything. Under his Sight the vast majority of the bodies had thin ephemeral chains wrapped around them, the ends drifting off into the air and fading from sight. He frowned a touch at that, then glanced over to Doug and motioned him closer.

"Question for you." He said quietly, keeping an eye on Gemini as he motioned between one of the bodies that was an Anchor and one that wasn't. "How do those two look different to you?"

Note for Shane:
Assuming that Doug still has his Death Sight up, he would be able to discern the bodies that have the Anchor condition from those that aren't. Feel free to have his Sight differentiate between them as needed. :D

Shane

Postby Shane » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:21 am

"Doug Richards"

I just shrugged when she went over my head, I didn't understand quite what she meant but all I could do was follow her lead. She was the experienced one here, now in more than one way, and I was a novice along for the ride. Didn't bother me, wasn't the first time I took the easy way out and it certainley wouldn't be the last either.

We walked into the burial chamber and it was obvious I didn't have as much respect for the dead or their remains as the other two. My walk was still casual and in my mind I thought if there was something valuable enough here to steal the dead can be damned. Maybe literally if that ghost was any indication. I saddled up next to Kelvin as he waved me closer and asked me a question that's answer should be obvious. I took a second, looked them over, and mulled it over.

"One has paid the ferryman's toll and the other has not. Many of these bodies have not, they're missing their coins.."

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:05 am

Gemini:

She tilted her head when he shrugged and then looked to kelvin who said it sounded about right " Stygia is the formal name of the Realm of the Dead. "

She turned her attention from them as Kelvin spoke to him a bit about what he saw. She gave a nod to herself, Kelvin would be a patient mentor if Doug was smart enough to take him up on the offer, he also would not abuse the relationship.

then again your rather partial to our other half.
Ours?
Um. Technically I am you.
Right.

She stepped up onto a rock and crouched, a hand resting on the rock to keep balance. "Is Doug your actual name?" She asked abruptly "You seemed to have forgotten when we met...actually do -not- answer that, at least not until you trust us. If it is then you want to give a nickname or something out and you will need a name for those like use to know you by. Until you decide I am going to call you 'Solomonari' , or Solomon for short. And if anyone asks you can say your Romanian friend decided to nick name you after the wind spirits.....Kelvin can explain why further"

She slowly looked around and allowed the lense of the minds eye to fall across her eyes. She tilted her head at what she saw and pulled a dagger from its sheath.

While the two talked she started to chant again, high speech..there was a allure to the cadence of her voice a primal beat pulsating in the heart and blood of magi who could hear it. Her nimbus flared again and now that they where closer they could hear the sounds of the jungle, birds, animals. They could feel the adrenaline rushed with the desire to hunt that would lead to mating. Their bodies tingled and tightened, ready, willing and slightly and slightly aroused. They smelt grass, heather and the touch of a new lover pressed against their skin and that was before the visual nimbus.
Roots with colorful flora grew up from the earth and over the rock formation she crouched on, joining with her legs and lower hips. Her skin turned bright colored scales, shifting fluidly like a camelions shifting her between male and female, gender neutral and back. She looked brilliantly alive for a moment before it was gone.

When she was done and suddenly it was just plain old Gemini.

Her eyes turned to the corner of the room and watched it, they likely could not see the spirit there which was fine she didnt want them pissing it off. It was roughly humanoid shape, but more shadow then anything, long limbs for arms and legs and white orbs for the eyes.

It would take her another moment to find anything out about it.

As the Moros looked the fetters over they saw a small child sitting in one of the encloves, it was covered in the red ichor. Dark hair peeked out behind the red, her eyes where large and she was also dressed in a buckskin dress with little mocossons on her feet. She clutched a head of corn to her with feathers on it, and seemed to be watching them.

When they noticed her her mouth moved as if speaking but no real words came out.

:
Gemini has rolled an Exorcist eye : Spirit 1 + Gnosis 2 + Occult 4+ Muntra (rote) 1 + High speach 1 (+1 reach for instant +1 to see across) Gauntlet is 2 roll (9 dice), getting 6, 1, 3, 3, 1, 10, 9, 1, 10, 9, 9, 4, 1, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Gemini has 6 successes. This roll used the 9-again rule.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Kelvin
Kelvin nodded approvingly at Doug's reply, making a mental note of how the Sight framed it in the other man's eyes. "The ones without coins are acting as anchors for the dead, waypoints they can use to manifest in this side of the world; the ones without either didn't leave a ghost or are using something else as an anchor point. Considering how many of them are active anchors, though, there's a good chance that a lot of these ghosts are still here in one way or another."

He looked towards Gemini when her own nimbus unfurled, standing up a little straighter as it washed over him. He cleared his throat briefly, then looked about to say something else as he spotted the shade crouched in the corner. "Got a set of eye on us but it's not the one from up front...little girl, maybe four or five years old."

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:14 am

"Doug Richards"

She told me a bunch of things I already knew, but I couldn't let her know that. Secrecy seemed to be ingrained into mage life which was only reinforced when she brought up the same thing Belphegor and Pooks did but they knew my real name now. I don't know what kind of power that gave them over me, she mentioned this other name, this nickname. I liked Solomon but not for the reasons she stated. I thought more about the keys of Solomon, the ring of Solomon which had given man the power to control Djinn who could alter reality. Not to far off course though things did not end well for Solomon.

"Solomon sounds good I guess?"

"So why don't we destroy these anchors and be done with it? Seems like a simple enough solution. Seemed like that ghost wanted more to join him in death whether they were willing or not..."

My voice trailed off as I noticed the child. Cinema and literature taught me instinctively to not trust children ghosts. I tried to focus in on its words but failed to hear what it was trying to say, with the inability to communicate I took a couple of steps back in caution anticipating it to turn on us or as an omen of doom for the other ones to arrive.

Speak With Dead:
Shane has rolled an Death: 1 + Gnosis: 1 roll (2 dice), getting 3, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Shane has failed the roll.

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:41 am

Gemini:

"Its a good name for now" She said distractedly.
Her nimbus flared again briefly and when it calmed her brows rose. She very carefully climbed off the rock not taking her eyes off the spirit. She moved again, slowly towards the men.

"Lets not do anything right now. If we do its not the ghosts we will have to worry about but the spirits..this place..." She shook her head "we need to leave -now-" And there was a do not argue with me tone in her voice. "Kelvin go out first, Ill keep the back....to keep my eyes on those spirits that are gathering"

She made a motion of get moving boys, get moving but her eyes stated to the far off area of the room.

:
Gemini has rolled an +1 Reach (instant) Know Spirit : Gnosis 2 + Spirit 1 + Willpower 3 roll (6 dice), getting 9, 7, 9, 1, 9, 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Gemini has 3 successes.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 2:43 am

Kelvin
"Mainly because this is a sacred burial place for the people who lived here long before we did. I've got the feeling that our friend from up front is a more recent addition, and gone mad besides. These folks, they deserve their rest."

Kelvin nodded as Gem spoke, frowning a touch when she mentioned the spirits. "Right..." He glanced in the direction she was looking briefly before turning around and taking point as they headed out of the burial chamber and back towards the entrance.

Return to “Suicide Cliffs”