Unusual Arcades [Log]

The Pier is old, its been there as long as anyone can remember and promises a good time for adults and children alike. It has old fashion game vendors, a automated gypsy that will tell your fortune, places you can get great hot dogs and funnel cakes. A indoor merry go round with weathered sea animals and sleds, and a ferris wheel that allows riders to see across the Gulf into the ever vast ocean. Watch your children, more then one has been lost here and more then one woman has disappeared never to be seen again.[The Rack]
QuicksilverFox85

Unusual Arcades [Log]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:06 am

Date: 7/21/2016

Leviathan
The evening was cool although pleasantly so, and the pier was packed with families getting in a bit of summer enjoyment, couples mingling and finding quiet places to be alone, and people of all stripes moving here and there.

Levi, for his part, was resting against the railing by the merry go round, watching as the horses and whatnot went by again and again. He smiled a bit as he watched, the children having a grand old time.

Jesse Taylor
She had been running late , so once she was parked she was walking fairly quickly towards the Merry go round section. Tonight she was dressed in jeans and a green jacket that hid her gun, her hair was pulled into a braid

Leviathan
Levi looked over to Jesse as she arrived, giving her a quick up-nod. "Hey. How goes?"

Jesse Taylor
She nodded in return, coming to stand by him. she gave a look around "Fair, so whats up?" She didnt really look at him much, just scanned the area then the merry go round to see who was on the ride

Leviathan
Mostly children, some small enough that their parents are standing beside them to help them to stay on their mounts.

"Got wind of something going a little spare around this neck of the woods." He looked towards the carosel briefly, keeping his voice low. "And not the usual run of the mill blood thieves, either. Up for digging into it?"

Jesse Taylor
She gave a bit of a nod and finally looked at him "sure, what do you got?"

Leviathan
"'s farther down at one of the arcades." He pushed off of the railing, motioning with his head for her to follow. "You'll see when we get to it; kids won't step away from the game for some reason or another."

Jesse Taylor
She moved with him "Huh" was all she said. Her hands went into her pockets as they moved, always on the alert but managing to look nonchallant

Leviathan
"Yeah...bit of a lure, it seems." He moved down the boardwalk, keeping pace with her easily with that serpentine grace that was natural to the Thyrsus. "Not sure if it's spiritual in nature or something else."

Jesse Taylor
"well if its spiritual, I cant do a thing about it. something else, maybe" She kept up with him, no where near as graceful. And as usual, ignored the girls that where eye balling him and his butt

Leviathan
"Yeah, probably. This place is locked down pretty tight on the spirit end, I'm noticing." He nodded, smirking a bit as he felt the other eyes on him. He didn't pay the gawkers any further mind, though, looking ahead at the arcade. "There we go."

And indeed, there was a massive crowd of children gathered around one of the games, cheering on the pair of young men currently behind the stick. Looking at the screen it seemed like your run of the mill fantasy game, but something about it seemed...odd, especially with the sensation of magic slowly emintating from the area.

Jesse Taylor
She pressed her lips together as they took a peek and quietly formed a mundra to allow her supernal vision

Management:
0 | 07/22/2016 3:20 am Jesse rolled 2 dice. Jesse has rolled 5, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die.
Management:
0 | 07/22/2016 3:21 am Leviathan rolled 6 dice. Leviathan has rolled 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 10, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die.

Leviathan
As the Sight settled into place the lights and sounds of the arcade danced through the air, swirling around all those gathered and running in glowing lines through the power cords. The only sign of Supernal magic that wasn't coming from the two Arrows came from the arcade game itself, a small seed sitting in the center of the screen.

Jesse Taylor
She leaned closer to Levi but didnt touch him "Chance you seeing this?"

Leviathan
"Seein' something, yeah." He nodded quietly, motioning slightly to the kids. "The one's playin' are getting a massive rush out of it, moreso than usually for this kinda thing. Makes me wonder if something's hookin' em in."

Jesse Taylor
"mmmhmm. Gonna try to follow it, " She gave him a nod and concentraited again, her hand came out of her pocket so her fingers could play with the dog tags around her neck..which was the only thing she was wearing around her neck. She concentraited to kind of see if she could hon in on the energy of the game

Leviathan
She'd notice out of the corner of her eye that Levi was looking at the tags when she pulled them out, eyebrow arching a touch before he went back to perusing the scene himself. Work now, personal matters later..

The energy imbued into the game was just that - imbued, radiating from somewhere within the machine by all telling. A spell worked into the inner workings, perhaps?

Jesse Taylor
She sighed "mmm seems soemthing worked in. Dunno if I should try to dispell it or what"

Leviathan
"Ah...charming." He frowned a bit at that. "May not be a bad idea, but I'm wondering who'd set something like this up."

Jesse Taylor
"dunno really, would think it a good idea to figure it out though. Gimme a second while I eye ball the resonance so if we find it agian.." her fingers continued to rub against the dog tags

Management:
0 | 07/22/2016 3:53 am Jesse rolled 1 dice. Jesse has rolled 9, with a difficulty of 10 on a 10 sided die.

Leviathan
Alas, the Revelation didn't take, at least at first attempt. She could see that the seed was slowly growing as they were watching, though, with the children playing the game getting to the next level to great applause.

Jesse Taylor
She rubbed her temple and shook her head "I got nothing, fuck it, its going" She said and rubbed those tags further, she was going to try to use forces to dispell it considering it was in a video game. If that did not work? well...shorting it out was a option

Management:
0 | 07/22/2016 4:04 am Jesse rolled 7 dice. Jesse has rolled 3, 9, 6, 6, 10, 5, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die.
Management:
0 | 07/22/2016 4:05 am Leviathan rolled 6 dice. Leviathan has rolled 4, 9, 6, 7, 6, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die.

Leviathan
There was enough Forces magic in the spell for the countermagic to be effective, at least, and the seed quickly fizzled out and vanished with a little 'pop'. The game screen flickered, a glyph of some sort visible under the Sight for a moment before returning to normal.

Jesse Taylor
She made a sound and turned starting to walk away "gotta write down what i saw, see you later"

She might have been on the cranky side, who knew with her. But she WAS going to see if she could draw the glyph

Leviathan
"Not like I didn't see it too, love." Levi walked beside her, glancing back at the group around the machine before looking to her. "You recognize it at all off-hand?"

Management:
0 | 07/22/2016 4:18 am Jesse rolled 4 dice. Jesse has rolled 8, 5, 5, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die.

Jesse Taylor
"..." her nose wrinkled "why do you insist on calling me that?" She breathed in and said "nothing i can recall, but it just gives the impression of something. " her brows came together "going back or coming back is what it feels like"

Leviathan
"Force of habit." He smirked a bit, looking her over. "And it's true, so.."

He nodded, mulling that over. "Some kind of reset button, maybe?"

Jesse Taylor
She stuffed the dog tags back in her shirt before her hands went back into her pockets. "Maybe. I didnt get a read on the resonance , only that it was growing and I felt it needed to be stopped so I stopped it. " She shrugged at that and then looked up at him "well. I need to head out, I got stuff to do now that this is taken care of"

Leviathan
"Alright..." He nodded quietly, gears turning in his head a bit. "Want to grab lunch or something tomorrow, maybe?"

Jesse Taylor
She had taken a few steps but stopped and looked over at him "you know if its lunch its not a date right?"

Leviathan
He paused, then chuckled as he nodded. "Alright, dinner then. I'll get you at 8?"

Jesse Taylor
"well I wanted to be clear on your intentions" She gave a nod and paused, eye balling him "Do you expect me to wear a dress?" That was some what a joke, but in the whole time they where together as a cabal, he couldnt recall seeing her in one. HIS jesse though..

Leviathan
"...yeah. Gonna be something nice, so a dress'd be good." He smiled, giving her a wink and a small salute. "See ya tomorrow night, then?"

Jesse Taylor
She threw her hands up dramaticly and made a sound, then smirked "Yeah , we will see" She chuckled and offered him a smile before turning and heading to her car "Dont be late"

Leviathan
"Wouldn't dream of it." He watched as she headed off, smiling a bit before he headed to his own car, whistling as he went.
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

QuicksilverFox85

Re: Unusual Arcades [Log]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:20 am

The next evening...

Leviathan
The next evening, at 8PM right on the dot, there would be the sound of a car pulling into Jesse's driveway, followed soon after by a 'shave and a haircut' knock at the door.

Jesse Taylor
It was a few heart beats before the door opened a crack and he saw half of jesses face as if she had reservations about this. But she slowly opened the door with her head half down but her hazel eyes watched him.

She was dressed in a velvet green long sleeved dress that hide her scars, and stopped at mid thigh, the top was fairly taunt the bottom would twirl if she spun and a pair of strappy black shoes. "I didnt think you even owned a suit"

Leviathan
Levi smirked a bit as the door cracked open, then let out a low whistle as she opened the door all the way to reveal her dress. "Damn...don't think I've ever seen you in a dress, either. Bloody gorgeous, if I may say so myself."

"Yeah...got one for the occasional formal shindig I had to crash while following a mark. Refuse to get a full tux, though; look like a bloody penguin in it." He smirked, offering her an arm. "Shall we?"

Jesse Taylor
She stepped out of the house and shut the door "Thank you" she reached out and touched the tie "we match, "

She took his arm "ready when you are"

Leviathan
"So I noticed." He smiled, glancing down at her dress before looking to her again and walking her towards his car. "You ever been to the Siostra place downtown?"

Jesse Taylor
"Didn't mean to, you know I can change" She chuckled and walked with him. She considered "I dont think so. What type is it?"

Leviathan
"Nah, you look good. Green's a nice color on you." He smirked, opening the car door for her and getting her settled before heading to his side of the car and getting in himself.

"Mostly seafood, from what I saw on the menu, although it changes depending on the seasons and whatnot. Girls who run the place are Polish or somthing like that."

Jesse Taylor
She pulled the seat belt on "ah okay. lot of seafood around here" She chuckled

Leviathan
"Well, we do live right by the water, love." He smirked, watching out of the corner of his eye to see if she went to twitching again at the 'name'. "Kind goes with the territory."

Jesse Taylor
"Still a lot of sea food" She noted watching out the windows as he drove. "Pretty sure if the territory stabbed you you would stop calling said territory love right?" she chuckled

Leviathan
"Maybe." He chuckled, looking her over briefly before going back to the road. "I'm a stubborn bastard, though. One stabbing may not do the trick."

They continued down the road for a spell, with Levi eventually pulling the car into the parking lot for the restaurant. There were a decent number of cars in the lot and a few folks sitting on the benches outside, seemingly waiting for a table.

Levi hopped out of the car and headed over to Jesse's side to open her door, offering his arm with a smile.

Jesse Taylor
She slipped out after he got the door and took his arm "Think you should earn that first" She looked up at him and half smiled, she was teasing and honestly curious if he HAD earned the right to call her that

Leviathan
"Well you haven't gone at me with a knife yet, so I think I've earned it at least somewhat." He gave her a grin in reply, holding the door open for her and heading towards the hostess station to check in with their reservation.

Jesse Taylor
"guess we will see how tonight pans out, I am not even going to tell you where I hid my weapons" She chuckled and strolled in, looking around as she did

Leviathan
He laughed at that, giving her a wink. "Just means I'll be looking even harder for them..."

The decor of the restaurant was warm and inviting, giving a nod to their surroundings in the wooden fixtures and aquatic tones here and there. The door to the kitchen was in the back of the restaurant, the door swinging open now and again to reveal the cooks hustling and bustling away with much fervor.

Jesse Taylor
She followed him to the seat as they where lead "really nice place actually, I hope they have perogies

Leviathan
"Yeah, it is." He nodded, pulling a seat out for her before getting into his own. The hostess handed them their menus and gave them a smile before heading back towards the front to help the next guest. "They might...it's a little higher end menu-wise, but ya never know."

Jesse Taylor
She watched the girl a moment before looking back at him. She opened the menu and looked it over "Higher end? "

She reached out under the table and ran her foot up along his ankle

Leviathan
"Yeah. Fancier food, bigger price tags, that sort of thing." He looked over the menu as well, smirking a bit as she started playing footsie. After a moment he returned the favor himself, giving her other leg a little rub.

The menu didn't have perogies, alas, but there were some other classic Polish foods done in a more modern style but keeping the same flavors. There were also some more run of the mill seafood dishes for the less adventurous.

Jesse Taylor
She laughed softly as he did and shook her head , giving a point to what she wanted she looked up "so, tell me how we got together and you fell"

Leviathan
"Thought we weren't going to be poking around at that." He smirked, holding up a finger in a 'give me a tick' sort of way as the waiter came around to take their orders. Once he had buggered off Levi looked over to Jesse again. "Well, what Mags doesn't know won't hurt us, I suppose."

"I'd come to Vegas on work and got on your radar since we worked in similar fields. I apparently made enough of an impression that you asked to come back with me to Miami to use me as a 'local guide' since you were doing some digging on your own and I had a package to deliver home. We got to talking on the trip, and I was impressed at how...strong of a woman you were. Don't see that all that often, what with tendency of the sheep to just bow over at the slightest bit of hardship. After that it was pretty much hook line and sinker."

Jesse Taylor
"I just want to know how we met, not much more beyond that. If you understand what i mean" She moved her foot from rubbing his ankle and just hooked it behind his ankle

"So. you dont see many angels that are powerful, er strong?" She tilted her head

Leviathan
"I didn't know you had you eyes open when we met. You apparently already knew that I did, though." He smirked a bit. "Then again, if I had known you were awake it would've been a litle more...sporting."

Jesse Taylor
"Uh. Okay. So...we went to Miami together, you fell in love" She chuckled and looked at her hands "How did you get me to fall in lvoe with you?"

Leviathan
"I let you be you at your weakest, and was there for you when you needed it without rubbing your face in it." He glanced down at her hands for a moment before looking her in the eye. "Think that helped a good bit."

Jesse Taylor
She looked up at him and seemed to blush "so, I let my gaurd down around you and you didnt treat me like I needed to always be strong?"

Leviathan
He nodded, smiling softly. "Mmhmm. Wasn't something you'd really had before."

Jesse Taylor
"Not something I really have now, either" she noted and picked up a glass of water, taking a drink.

As she sat the glass down she offered a smile "I could see where that would happen"

Leviathan
"Well, that's changed now, I'd say." He watched her for a moment, smiling slightly as he extended his hand forward towards her on the table.

Jesse Taylor
She offered him a smile and reached out for his hand "well i guess that all depends if I let you in and like how it feels"

Jesse Taylor
she suddenly blushed "that sounded less sexual in my head

Leviathan
To his credit, Levi didn't bust out laughing at that as it slipped out, but she could tell he was highly amused by the smirk that threatened to stretch out into a smile. "Well it sounded very sexual in mine, but then again you know me."

He took her offered hand, giving it a light squeeze. "Jokes aside, I am here for you, Jess, no matter what."

Jesse Taylor
She reached up with her free hand and rubbed her finger tips against her forehead "good lord" she said

Then when his hand touched hers, she looked at him and let her fingers curl around his. She watched him a minute and leaned in "Can I ask you serious question about your mind set with what happen to you?"

Leviathan
"Fire away." He smiled, watching her in turn.

Jesse Taylor
she wet her lips keeping her voice low "Dont you want -YOUR- just, not another time pale imitation of her?"

Leviathan
He thought about that for a moment, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb as he did so. "You're not a 'pale imitation' of anyone, Jess. You've got the same strength of will and steel spine, the same empathy for those few you care about. What happened may have been a bit different, but you're the same woman I fell for nonetheless."

Jesse Taylor
She smiled a bit at that "suppose thats a good answer"

Leviathan
"Good." He returned the smile, giving her hand another squeeze before sitting back a bit as the waiter came by with the food. The fish dish he had ordered looked rather solid, as did her own order, and he gave the waiter a nod before looking over to Jesse with a smile. "Better tuck in, yeah? Looks amazing."

Jesse Taylor
She looked it over and smiled, picking up a fork. She took a bite and made a mmm sound. As she looked up she gave him this WHOLEY DSA jesse look and said "Did you think I would have you when I found out that you bartered our child away?"

And then as if she didnt notice she said it, went back to eating "This is good Levi, I like it"

Leviathan
Levi paused at that look, blinking in surprise. "I did nothing of the sort...I asked for everyone to come across."

The sudden switch back caused his eyebrow to arch and he shook his head, taking a bite of his own food. "Yeah...pretty good."

Jesse Taylor
She sat back and blinked at him and then smiled "Im..apparently missing something but thats okay. Your mood seems a little sour, did I do something wrong?"

Leviathan
"Not at all, no." He shook his head, giving her a small smile. "Little bubble came across for a second, I think. No worries, though."

Jesse Taylor
"Ah! okay" She continued to eat and after a while asked "Did you have anything planned besides food?"

Leviathan
"I did, actually. There's a band playing at one of the...quieter clubs in town in about an hour, thought it might be worth checking out. You ever been to the Second Circle?"

Jesse Taylor
She gave a shake of her head "No, I have not" She eyed him "your not gonna leave me there for another girl are you?" She smirked and took a drink,

Leviathan
"Of course not." He chuckled, taking a sip of his own drink. "We're on a proper date, after all. You'd skin me alive if I tried."

Jesse Taylor
She laughed "You have no idea, especially since your my first proper date in "she counted "four, near five years?"

She watched him and then asked as she started to eat again "so, what happen to Masons mom?"

Leviathan
"She's in...ah, Houston, I think?" He paused a moment, rustling through the memory brush to stir up that particular tidbit. "Haven't really kept in touch."

Jesse Taylor
She gave a slow nod "Why not?" her tone was soft as she asked but interested. After all, if the future he was selling was real, it was part of her future

Leviathan
"Because she sent me the little tyke once he was six months or so old with a "I can't deal with this, you handle it" letter attached to him, damn near." He frowned quietly, shaking his head. "If she'd actually gotten a hold of me when she found out I'd have helped, but she just dropped him in my lap without so much as a by your leave."

Jesse Taylor
She blinked "She actually bring him to you or leave him on your door step. And Crap Jason, thats awful. No wonder you never talk about her." she breathed in "she sign parental rights away?"

Leviathan
"Called me to meet me while I was in New York on a run, handed him over with the paperwork and that was that." He nodded. "Wasn't going to have him grow up without a proper da like I did, so I took him with me."

Jesse Taylor
"So to be clear, she did sign them over and you have nothing to do with her futher?" She leaned back watching him, he knew that look. It was a calculating and judging look

Leviathan
"Yeah. Signed everything over then and there, talked to her maybe twice since." He nodded, looking her over. "She has nothing to do with the little man or me, and I'm quite alright with that."

Jesse Taylor
"What did you talk to her twice about?" Investigative much? Or interogation, She chuckled and shook her head "I want to know if this is going to actually be a thing:

Leviathan
"She was asking for money." He rolled his eyes, sitting back in the chair a bit. He knew when he was getting grilled, though, and watched her with a small smirk. "Last one was about two years ago, and I told her to not bother getting a hold of me again. She's kept to that, at least."

Jesse Taylor
She gave a slow nod "so, if you where to ever find a girl to marry..she could adopt Mason if she wanted?"

Leviathan
"She could indeed, yeah." He nodded in return, taking a sip of his drink. "Wouldn't be opposed in the slightest."

Jesse Taylor
She smiled, and finished her meal. She pushed it forward and dabbed her mouth with the napkin before taking a sip of water and then saying "well hopefully you will find someone with a big enough heart to take the little bugger in his theirs"

Leviathan
"Eh...got someone in mind." He smiled and took a moment to finish off his own plate. "Assuming she's willing, anyway."

When the waiter came by he made sure Jesse didn't get her hands on the check, covering it and the tip with little issue. Once that was tended to he stood and offered her an arm. "Shall we?"

Jesse Taylor
She looked up again and watched him for a few moments "Are you asking?" She smirked as he was quick to cover that check and chuckled.
She got up and took his arm "Yes, lets go have some fun"

Leviathan
“I just might be." He smiled, leading her out of the restaurant and back to the car. "Onward, then, to the next great adventure."

StorytellerFox
The drive over to the Second Circle downtown was an uneventful one, with Levi parking the car near the club's entrance and slipping over to Jesse's side of the car to help her out all gentlemanly-like. The front of the building was grey concrete, with the words Hawthorne Gallery beside the door. Those entering the building the club was housed in were in a mix of outfits, some dressed to the nines as they were while others were in more classic club attire.

Jesse Taylor
She was quiet on the ride just watching where he was taking her. When he parked she looked the place over as he went around the car and opened the door. She slipped out and took his arm, stepping in with him and giving a look around

StorytellerFox
Entering the building would show the gallery mentioned on the front off to the right, with a floor-length glass window by the door revealing some of the artwork within. The majority of the guests were heading for a set of stairs at the end of the building; the stairs were wide enough for two, lit just enough to see where the next step was.

Designs done in a pale glowing silver began to appear above them with each step downward, eventually forming the words Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate as they descended. Seeing the words Levi paused a moment and then chuckled, shaking his head. "Clever."

Jesse Taylor
She moved with him, her brows coming together at the words "so whats it mean?"

StorytellerFox
"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here." Levi continued to smirk, looking her over. "Ever get stuck reading Dante as a school kid?"

Jesse Taylor
"Read it for fun" She chuckled and shook her head "soOh i get it now, cause of the name"

StorytellerFox
"Mmhmm. Second circle being for those guilty of lust in life..." He chuckled, looking her over as they continued down. "Definitely an interesting choice."

Jesse Taylor
"So, basically you" she snickered and looked up at him then around again. She had never really been a huge fan of clubs but she liked seeing Levi in his element

StorytellerFox
"Pretty much, yeah. Means I'll fit right in." He laughed, leading her downward until it opened up into the actual club below. The club was decently sized, with a dance floor suited for seventy-five guests and enough tables to handle the crowd and then some, with the plush decor and dim lighting giving a feeling of intimacy and luxury. A faint breeze drifted over Jesse's skin, chilling the air just enough to get goosebumps going. The stage in the center was in the process of getting set up, with a trio of chairs in the front and a piano in the back.

Jesse Taylor
"Thats what Im afraid of" She chuckled and moved with him to find a table. "Its a little chilly in here, nice but chilly. I think we are early"

StorytellerFox
"Just a touch, yeah." After a moment he slipped his coat off and put it arond her shoulders, smiling a bit as they found a table and got settled in. "Should be starting in about 15 minutes, I think. Wanted to get here a touch early to make sure we got seats."

Jesse Taylor
She looked up at him a bit surprised when he put his coat on her and offered him a smile/ "Thank you..." When they sat down she eyed him a moment before scooting close enough to lean against him and slipped her arm around him "cause your a bit chilly too"

StorytellerFox
He smiled as she scooted closer, looping an arm around her shoulders "You're welcome."

After a moment a dark-haired woman came by the table with a smile, giving both of them a nod. "Welcome to the Second Circle. Can I get you anything to drink while you wait?"

Jesse Taylor
Her hand went to rest on his thigh as she looked up at the woman. She half smiled "Bourbon on the rocks please"

StorytellerFox
The woman nodded, the smile still firmly in place, as she looked to Levi. "And you, sir?"

"Single malt, neat." He gave her a nod, his hand drifting to sit atop Jesse's as the waitress headed off. "Not a bad set up in here, I have to say."

Jesse Taylor
"No, not at all" She looked at him and around again then smiled "What kind of music will it be, do you think?"

StorytellerFox
"Some sort of jazz group, as I recall. Piano, guitar and something else." He looked down to her, smiling quietly. "Not sure if that kind of music is your bag, but I'm kinda fond of it."

Jesse Taylor
"Its not bad" She said and watched him, her hand giving his thigh a bit of a squeeze "better then country" She chuckled "So..are you having a good time?"

StorytellerFox
"Oh God yeah. Can't stand all that twang and bullshit." He shuddered a bit, then looked back over to her with a smirk. "I am, yeah. You?"

Jesse Taylor
"Yeah there is that, as well as the ..well how much depressing music can they make? She chuckled and breathed in "enough to say that if I get tips and throw myself at you....I havent decided if you should just tuck me in bed or not"

StorytellerFox
"Alright...I'll take that as a good sign, then." Levi chuckled, giving her a quick arm-around-the-shoulders hug. His attention turned towards the stage as the equipment was finalized and a quartet of folks, presumably the performers, made their way up to the stage.

One of the four, a young dark-haired man in his twenties that just exuded charm and a hint of mischeviousness made his way to the mike and gave those gathered in the room a wide grin. When he spoke the ear was immediately drawn to his voice, and what he said almost didn't seem to matter from the melodious quality that came forth.

"Good evening, everyone, and thank you for coming. Our performers this evening are a trio of local talent, channeling some of the old-school sounds of New Orleans jazz. And, as a special treat, I will be accompanying them on piano as their normal player isn't available this evening." That elicited a round of applause from some in the crowd, causing an amused smile to blossom on the man's face. "Now now, this isn't about me...in this case, at least."

A small chuckle went through the room, then settled down as the man stepped away from the mike and moved to the piano, letting the others get into place. Levi, who had watched the man throughout the whole exchange, let out a low whistle. "Damn...surprised they don't have him singing, yeah?"

Jesse Taylor
She watched the man curiously, maybe a bit to intensely and smirked a bit at the joke. Hearign Levi she tore her eyes away and looked at him "What?"

StorytellerFox
"Guy's got a helluva set of pipes on him, is all." Levi gave the waitress a nod as she swung by with their drinks, eyes drifting back to the stage as the band got underway playing their first piece. "Wonder if he's the MC or the owner of the place..."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Return to “Pier”