You Aren't Strong Enough (Post-Melody's Dream)

Surrounded at all sides, will you be the Hunter or the Hunted?
User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

You Aren't Strong Enough (Post-Melody's Dream)

Postby Elsaa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:28 am



*The clift, the deaths.... Winter stopping her and she killing him before even realizing it was him!!!...She had woken up with a strangled* no! *just to stare aat the ghostly face of the doctor, and of course she was about to roll and defend! mean, she didn't think sorry would fix just to get bansheed at and ghosted..... landing her staring after the shadow..... and stare more she did.... She felt shaken, she felt like screaming, she felt like finding someone big and make them cuddle her... but could she? nooooo she had to listen to Winter, didn't she?!

So she did the only thing she thought she COULD do.... she got up, got dressed, took the time to make sure she dind't look like a crasy banshee crossing town in the middle of the night.... And got out her house through the window to go to Samson's place, more than likely Cersi would be there, she also NEEDED the jog there.

AND once she got there, she knocked, CALMLY mind you, this was not a desperate 'I had a nightmare I need hugs' knocking, no sir. This was a knock, wait, and knock again till he woke up and answered the door. And the moment he did, she stared up* We need to get stronger, before we find the clifts soaked in blood, and before we kill someone we seriously don't want to kill. So I propsoe midnight training. Oh! and the doctor is a kind of banshee... is Cersi in? she might know what he is better, he looked really pissed we made him die. *All delivered with.... a calm, nice, low voice.*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

User avatar
Nickpire
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm
Location: Chicago-land
Contact:

Re: A Thousand Dreams (Attn. Melody)

Postby Nickpire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:43 am

Samson 'Still-Waters' Ward
Primal Urge 1 | Hishu | Health (Uninjured) | Essence 7 of 10 | Willpower 4 of 4 | Harmony 7 | Defense 5 | Unarmed | Iron Stamina 3 | Active Gifts: None | Cunning 1, Glory 1, Purity 1 | Auspice: Rahu | Tribe: Iron Masters | Pack: Storm Chasers

The main bedroom was on the same deck which Melody knocked upon the door at. Samson rose, using his wolf senses to listen a moment for who it was. Her breathing, her scent, the way the boards beneath her feet shifted. He was dressed in a tee and sweatpants when he opened it. Before he could say anything, Melody spoke.

"Okay." He said without fuss. "I got an idea."

He re-entered the boat, indicating she was welcome to come inside also. If Cersi were there that night, good odds she'd roused and followed him to the door. If not, they'd call her. Either way, Samson pulled on a pair of shoes then grabbed a key from his nightstand.

To Melody, he gave her the key.

"For the door." He explained. "Come and go as you wish, anytime."

Once Cersi was ready or arrived to meet them...

"I say we hunt. Call the Siskur-Dah. That'll make us stronger." He said. "We'll run tonight. Check for oddness near where Maggie is staying then swing up to Louis' place."

Maggie had been near a verge and Louis was the one doctor the town had kind of had. It's possible a threat or Essence congealed around them. The Hunt for a locus could span several nights. But it was a priority. Territory and a locus.

"We claim territory. Mark borders. Look for signs of a locus.
"I don't want to alarm you, but right now, there is a skeleton inside of you. What happens if it wants to 'get out'?"

Hit me up on Discord; SinisterUrge#7806

User avatar
fairfolk
Posts: 693
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am

Re: A Thousand Dreams (Attn. Melody)

Postby fairfolk » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:28 am

Cersi Lockwood

She did stay at Samsons a little more often after the first night, though she also tended to leave him for a few days so that her father didnt murder her, or Samson. Not that she had said as much: Though she was starting to think her father would be fine if she just left to be with her wolf pack, he had to know. And she had yet to approach him about it. Something she intended on doing.

Tonight was one of those nights she had stayed over and had been nicely cuddled up to the bigger Uratha, when he moved and slipped out of bed cause of the knock there was no way she could miss his warm presence so she had climbed out of bed too: Curiosity was a bitch. She had just thrown on her pair of jeans and left the hilariously larger shirt that belonged to him on.

She was a few feet behind him when he turned. She smiled a little at Melody. Hearing him talk about the hunt she nodded "Yeah I had been considering suggesting such, a loci is damn important"

Wetting her lips she said "Banshees are usually harbingers of death"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: A Thousand Dreams (Attn. Melody)

Postby Elsaa » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:37 am



*She followed Samson in, there was a little edge of restlessness on her. She had focused her mind and the way the Dream had made her feel into motion, go fetch, train. So she was restless, a bit. But she followed, and blinked at the keys, for a moment staring at their shape, just... staring... she had never really had keys before... she realized. She wouldn't need them, there was always someone fetching her, taking her over, and .... keys.... for a good moment it all slipped of her mind as she stared at the wondrousn little piece of metal, before she nodded, and looked up. oh! right Dreams, doctor, clift. She smiled to Cersi, then to Samson, run, check for oddities, mark territory, yes, do things!*

Well.. the doctor was at my bed when I woke up, looking upset I got him killed, but he screamed like there was no tomorrow and faded.... *she stopped*and in my Dream people jumped to their death, smearing it all with blood as the waves took their corpses like trickling seconds on a sandclock.... but we are not strong enough... and I got angry and killed someone becuse I was angry. So we have to get stronger, avoid killing who we shouldn't.

:
Management:
09/15/2020 2:44 am Elsa has rolled an presence expression roll (5 dice), getting 3, 7, 9, 2, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Elsa has 2 successes.


*Another nod, she looked to Samson*We could try set a meeting with Apex to agree on territory limits, and maybe at least be on good terms? They are the closest... oh running and checking sounds good, Doctor might show again
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 863
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: A Thousand Dreams (Attn. Melody)

Postby Jakondite » Tue Sep 15, 2020 2:52 am

Melody tries to express her dream to Cersi - and peripherally to Samson as well - perhaps to communicate what she saw but also to gain insight. Of course, there is always going to be a bridge between her visions and what the future may hold, and it was much easier for the Dreamer to know the meaning of Her dreams than an Outsider observer - but Melody was quite vocal on the emotions that she delivered from her dream.

It was a warning, anyone could tell that - a promise of things to come that they needed to prepare for. But the strength that it said you lacked may not be physical strength. As she tries to describe what she saw, something becomes incredibly clear in the details that she was giving you:

Melody, for all her fluency with words, had very very little knowledge of the world around her visually. The color brown was the color of wood mixed with dirt under a sunset sky at three o'clock, so detailed and nuanced that the weight of those details is hard to follow - and as much as you can almost see it, the image she project escapes you, because it's like a child - albeit a well spoken one - trying to grasp at straws to fill you in on the specifics.

User avatar
Nickpire
Posts: 110
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm
Location: Chicago-land
Contact:

Re: A Thousand Dreams (Attn. Melody)

Postby Nickpire » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:04 am

Samson 'Still-Waters' Ward
Primal Urge 1 | Hishu | Health (Uninjured) | Essence 7 of 10 | Willpower 4 of 4 | Harmony 7 | Defense 5 | Unarmed | Iron Stamina 3 | Active Gifts: None | Conditions: None | Tilts: None | Cunning 1, Glory 1, Purity 1 | Auspice: Rahu | Tribe: Iron Masters | Pack: Storm Chasers

Samson listened as Melody described her dream as she saw it. He wasn't a Cahalith; such prophecy was outside the realm of his auspice. Where she lacked some of the reference to fully describe what she saw, her emotion in describing it was clear, and Samson didn't disregard her warnings. Strength was a subjective term but, now that they had a pack, they needed territory. A wolf without hunting grounds was still in a sad shape.

"We'll see Apex's markings if we get close." Samson reasoned. "Where they hunt the Beast, we see the searching Eye. Let the coastlines be ours and the docks. Let's also be sure no other pack lays claim to the town around us."

Samson had no meaningful relationship with Apex; he'd leave that to Cersi and Melody to speak with them if it came to it. He wasn't interested in squabbling with Apex for territory but he also wouldn't be beholden to them to say where the Storm Chasers could and could not hold it. A wolf claimed its territory. Any rival would have to dare take it from them.

"Tonight I call the Hunt in honor of Nimhur-Zela to repay debt to it." He said. "The spirits strength will grow as ours does. Then we will be better suited to handle the future Melody sees."

He smiled.

"Our prey is the making of a territory. We will include Maggie's and Louis's homes in it so we can monitor them."

Unless they lived in the territory of another... in which case the Storm Chasers would adapt to still watch over them. If a threat existed at Louis's house, they could seek to sniff it out tonight, otherwise they'd keep watch. If Banshees were harbingers of death and Melody had said Louis was half-alive, half-dead, then it suited the pack to prepare for conflict with another supernatural.

This hunt would likely take more than a single night to accomplish.
"I don't want to alarm you, but right now, there is a skeleton inside of you. What happens if it wants to 'get out'?"

Hit me up on Discord; SinisterUrge#7806

User avatar
fairfolk
Posts: 693
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am

Re: A Thousand Dreams (Attn. Melody)

Postby fairfolk » Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:39 am

Cersi Lockwood


"We dont negotiate territory" She said simply and started to take off her pants, folding them and putting them aside. She listened to the emotion in her pack sisters voice and nodded "We will prepare"

"I want cliffs" She said "which is part of the coast line, I want to see if we can change that area"

There was a nod "You will lead the sacred hunt tonight Samson?" She was fine with that, esp since they where not about to go ham on a spirit.

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 863
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: You Aren't Strong Enough (Post-Melody's Dream)

Postby Jakondite » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:12 am

Staking your territory.

Samson isn't wrong - unless they kept their territory small and managable, this hunt would last a couple of days. Without Lucian being here, you'd either need to account for kicking him the hell out of the area whether he liked it or not (or at least making it painfully clear, possibly with a silver knife, that it was your territory and not his) - or you'd need to choose a patch of land outside of what was clearly his territory. Could one wolf's territory be in the center of a pack's more massive territory?

Nothing in your instincts, nor in what you'd learned from your mentors, suggested it couldn't - though you knew that in that kind of situation it would end with him joining, or end in his bloody expulsion.

All three of you would know there was a rite in which you could utilize to claim territory. None of you yet had that rite, but that only meant that you couldn't invoke the mystical weight behind it - you could still hunt a spirit for the ritual magics or learn it from Prophet, or just call the area your territory without any mythic bindings whatsoever. As the information settles, you'll come to a realization as well:

For all you knew about Havenswood as people, you had little to no knowledge of it as werewolves. As this hunt began, it was more than staking your territory - it was learning about your territory. It was a Hunt for Knowledge, split between only 3 people - A hunt for arcane information that may lead to a loci. A hunt for signs of other wolves that might have territory around you - Cersi and Melody have two different accounts of the territory of Apex to the South West, as time had passed and things had changed, but you should not need to stake your claim to that territory. It was trying to get a feel for what the Hisil felt like, even before you had a chance to step across into the Hisil.

In the back of their minds, they can almost hear their respective mentors - a few Wolf-Blooded in Samson's case, and Myrad in the girl's case, advising them in the back of their minds.

Start with the Borders. Run the lines of the area for the places that you are sure that are yours. Then push your luck. Not fucking here though girl, because I'll rip your fucking jaw off you try to take your pack and branch into my territory. And be careful up north - don't branch too far in that direction until your stronger, because the moment that those wolves become aware of your existence they'll likely wipe you out. If you are lucky enough to have an Irraka at your side, use them. When we didn't have Winter, we used the Blooded - less likely to be noticed.

A different memory for Samson

Finding Loci isn't just wandering about, hoping to find a place. An Ithaeur is important here - as are Blooded - and the Cahalith if they know the territory. You can watch the spirits and see where most of them congregate, find places where twilight spirits wander this side of the Hisil and hope to find something close to that by trailing or stalking them. But it's just as possible to follow the stories - of your local territory. The Ithaeur's will tend to know the signs of possible Loci - so get him or her, toss them in a library with the blooded and see what sticks. Oh they'll hate you as much as any other werewolf being tossed in a Library - no patience, that's why you want blooded - but they'll figure it out.

... More information for Cersi.

Figuring out Louis starts with what mattered to Louis. His home, as well as what had used to be Melody's, will clearly be within the realm of your territory.

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 863
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: You Aren't Strong Enough (Post-Melody's Dream)

Postby Jakondite » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:39 am

(ST Note: Patrolling the Territory and staking your claim is a different activity than seeking Loci. Its' related - but not entirely the same. If you prefer to stalk the territory and understand it based on the elements you have now, let me know. If you prefer to seek out Loci options, let me know. The next story focus will be based on your initial goals, and may split you guys as you seek out that information - I'll write out where you should start. Feel free to call Lucian to involve him, or any of the other packmates)

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 497
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: You Aren't Strong Enough (Post-Melody's Dream)

Postby Elsaa » Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:42 am



*She fidgeted for a second or two, getting that they do not understand her fully, her mind trying to find a way to explain it better.... she pressed her lips, but nods. She'll find a way to show them... but for now, it was moth point to keep on pressing on it. They got the main part. they had to get stronger....*

I know we are not asking permission, I wasthinking aliances will help us, but you are right, we have to establish first ... and I am rambling, I still have the dream dancing in y my head. *she nods, looking from Samson to Cersi*So we claim the town, and expand to the cliffs and our houses. I think Maggie is going to be staying at Church... that's when things will go sour... *a shake of her head* lets include the Church to keep an eye on the goings there?

*Stablishin territory will be the first step to becoming stronger, she had to set the dream aside for now, but keep it in mind* We'll follow you *she noddedto Samson with a smile, then stopped fora second and looked to Cersi* Do you know how to deal with Banshees?...We could ask our siblings to the Library, research local myth that could help us find what we need? *yea. she wanted to read, but not in the library, nhu uh! ew*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?


Return to “Werewolf”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest