Pie & Coffee [Cadence, Cersi, Melody]

Surrounded at all sides, will you be the Hunter or the Hunted?
Siren

Pie & Coffee [Cadence, Cersi, Melody]

Postby Siren » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:46 am

Management:
09/06/2020 5:54 am Storyteller has entered the Havenswood
Management:
09/06/2020 6:00 am Cadence Compton has entered the Havenswood
Management:
09/06/2020 6:00 am Melody has entered the Havenswood
Management:
09/06/2020 6:02 am Cersi Lockwood has changed rooms to Havenswood

Storyteller:
09/06/2020 6:13 am It had happened not too long ago. After Melody returned, after a massive storm, after meals with the family and outings. A fire had happened, and they tell the story at the church about Theo and Maggie and the house catching fire because of - you name it, they say it. A fluke accident. Lightning hit the transformer and burst. God punished them for their sin and wickedness. The Church goers liked to talk.

They talked about people who crossed the line, taking trucks at night to run through to the River Run Hospital. Louis was gone - he was the only local doctor who didn't work for the Families and wasn't on the ports. Maggie and Theo were gone - a lot of people said they were taken to the Hospital, but the truth was no one knew what happened with Theo. People were praying for the Baby. For Mike, who was Maggie's father and had gone with them.

Tragedy was the talk of the town - the talk of the people. There was a little news article over it and a piece by Harlem as well, but with Harlem at the wheel often as not it insinuated mysterious forces and hidden truths folks don't want you to know. Most people don't take Harlem's work seriously.

There were a number of places to be in Havenswood, beyond people's homes and the beach. The town hall which was where people were even now talking about things they should do in order to prevent this tragedy, how a clinic should be set up and who was going to work it. The School, which was nearby and where Cadence, Shaun, and Eliza went every day - and folks were considering putting Melody in now that her eyes were doing better. You had the Diner, the Arcade, a few small local patches of places that people would congregate or meet... But you also had the Compton farms, if Cersi was heading to grab her packmate. Meet her family maybe? Not that Melody likely had much desire to have her pack and her family meet.

Cersi Lockwood:
09/06/2020 6:26 am She had been meeting with Melody to help her read, starting slow and so they had been hanging out a bit. Tonight, she wanted to get some coffee and had asked Melody earlier if they wanted to meet up and just shoot the shit

She was at the diner in a booth waiting and reading a small book. Tonight she was dressed in jeans, biker boots and a long sleeved black shirt, she had taken her leather biker jacket off and set it aside. Outside, was her Harley. which she still needed to show Samson how to drive.

Melody:
09/06/2020 6:33 am *She had seen the opportunity to get Boris to meet Cersi, basically just one other wolf, it would make her dog happy to finally meet those she smelled like so much lately. And people were used to see her with him, so she didn't think he'll have problems in a shop, specially because he was well trained.

So having lured Boris on to start heading town, had more than likely caught Cadence attention... and though Mel did hesitate about bringing her along inwardly, mean sooner or later she'll meet them, they were part of her life now and Cadence was of the few three in her family who she actually liked to have around, so she had brought her along too.*

*So when Mel arrived to the coffee, finally.. mean the girl lost track of things staring at everything and trying to touch it, so good thing she had a dog and a sister to make her arrive sooner instead of later. And arrive she did, with a huge white dog, and another girl.*

Cadence Compton:
09/06/2020 6:41 am Melody was excited to tag along with her big sister and the lovely Boris.
She is very interested and excited by the prospect of meeting one of her sister's new friends.

The fact that Melody is going to hang out at the Diner with a friend, like a Normal Girl her age, is Super Cool. It makes Cadence happy that her sister is finally getting a chance to live her own life more freely now; getting to experience things on her own terms, independently.

But of course, Cadence can't help but be curious about who Melody is spending time with because she feels a bit protective, it's a habit carried over from when (not long ago), Melody had no eyes.

Cadence ruffles her hand in Boris' thick white ruff as they arrive at the Diner. Outside, she notices the Motorbike.

Storyteller:
09/06/2020 6:50 am Now Boris. Boris was confused. Boris was very confused. Boris was a big ass dog in a little ass town and he had one job - Make sure Melody did not run into things. And he was very good at it. He was a big ass dog, he could literally drag Melody out of danger. But Melody had eyes. This was weird. She smelled different. And a lot of the time, he's spending his time sniffing her and trying to figure out where the hell those things came from. She's been bapped in the eye multiple times at this point, and half the time things they are glass eyes and that she's clearly still in need of his help. So right now?

Boris is doing his duty. Keeping Melody out of trouble like a good doggo.

Cersi Lockwood:
09/06/2020 6:56 am She reached out without looking up and picked up her coffee, taking a sip of it before setting it down. She looked up every now and again, keeping a eye the goings on around her.

When she saw Melody she smiled and closed the book.

Cersi was a pretty girl: Pretty enough to get trouble in school, especially since she would not hang out with the 'mean girls' and did things like smoke pot behind the bleachers: Getting into fights with said mean girls and insuring that they had swirlies, breaking the foot ball players noses. Yeah she had been a bit of trouble. And maybe known well enough for it.

Fuck, she didn't remember a lot of those issues if you wanted to know the truth. But a lot of people tended to leave her alone due to it. Unless they THOUGHT they could get her with numbers. Sometimes that had worked.

Then her family/cousins might deal with it.

Melody:
09/06/2020 7:01 am *She smiled at Boris, mean she had talked to him a bit in the last days, but she understood he needed to feel important, so until he ralized he was STILL important and got into his new roll, which was kind of the same... he was keeping her emotions safe, if you wanted the truth, not that anyone would know.... she let him keep her 'safe', keeping her hand on him, she was used to it anyhow and it felt normal, it also helped her stop sidetracking with ooh! moth .... oh light on window! ooh something shinning! She had asked Cadence a few times, what was that, or this....

When arriving and seeing Cersi she smiled* I had a stowaway tag along, *she smiled, looking intently at Cersi, like she always did, mean she looked different in a cafeteria light, her color was darker, her skin had shadows,.... hum no jacket, that was shades of colors! on her skin, due to sun.... oh yea colors fascinated her.. wait oh right!* This is Cadence my sister, and Boris *she looked to Cadence AND the dog* this is Cersi *well she talked to her dog, that was no news*

Cadence Compton:
09/06/2020 7:08 am "Hello, nice to meet you Cersi!" Cadence raises her hand in a little wave and smiles, bouncing up a little on her toes to get a look at the Lockwood girl.

She'd heard talk in passing about how Cersi Lockwood was a rough character. Interesting that she and Melody are friends, hanging out together!

Storyteller:
09/06/2020 7:10 am "WOOF!" The dog barked, but of course only Melody really understood the relative hello in a more literal sense. There is some tail wagging, as he sniffed about towards Cersi as though evaluating her. Then told Melody there was a person roughly and to walk this way to find a seat.

Cersi Lockwood:
09/06/2020 7:21 am She waved a bit "that's okay, I am good for meeting new people" Then to Cadence she offered a friendly smile "Nice to meet you Cadence. Sit down, get something to drink or eat"

She put a hand out to the dog "Hello what a beautiful puppy you are! "

Melody:
09/06/2020 7:24 am *She smiled, well she was with good company right now, so it was fine* Just don't let get your chocolate, she'll steal if it she can *she nodded, half serious. And grinned looking to Boris to see how he'll react to Cersi, as she added* she is my friend boy, so it would be nice if you like her, ok?

Cadence Compton:
09/06/2020 7:33 am So far, Cersi seemed perfectly nice. That helped to put her at ease.

"Thank you kindly." It was good that she was cool with how Cadence had tagged along and just showed up with her sister here.

"Hey, chocolate is chocolate. I mean, sharing is caring, right?"

She sits down at the table and gets comfortable.

Storyteller:
09/06/2020 7:38 am "She provide treat? Friends provide treats." He moved with her in tandem, looking about for where they would be sitting. When Melody stopped and sat, he sat on her lap, and gave a little whimper, "You give treat?"

Cersi Lockwood:
09/06/2020 7:44 am *gasp* but...who shares chocolate!? *she laughs and nods motioning* they have good chocolate pie here.

She leaned back "how are you guys tonight?"

Melody:
09/06/2020 7:46 am *huff! she disappeared behind a shaggy white dog* I'll give you a treat if you sit down *smirking, as she ruffled the dog's head, and moved to look to Cersi around Boris* becoming tortilla it seems *she was smirking though, Boris took Cersi fine, she thought* I think he is having abandon issues still

Storyteller:
09/06/2020 7:50 am Boris slumped, flopping completely on Melody and saying, letting a soft yip out as he did.

"I sit here."

Cadence Compton:
09/06/2020 8:00 am Cadence chuckles softly, watching how Boris tries to be a Lap Dog.

"Aww he loves you so much, Melody." She smiles at how Melody practically disappears under the mass of white fluffy fur.

Turning to Cersi she perks up. "Chocolate Pie sounds nice. Pie and Coffee?"

Cersi Lockwood:
09/06/2020 8:05 am "Think he thinks he is still a puppy" She chuckled "Shall we get him some sausage?" She asked

She nods "Yeah, I hadn't ordered anything but the coffee, but yeah I think pie and coffee sounds great"

Melody:
09/06/2020 8:08 am ufff...*she smirks though, still a voice behind the fluff* Only if he agrees to sit on the floor *she sounded amused though* thought if you give him sausage Cersi, he might decide you are a good bed too. I want chocolate pie too! and chocolate milkshake and chocolate cookies.

Cadence Compton:
09/06/2020 8:14 am Cadence chuckles about Melody's decadent order. "That is a LOT of chocolate."

"Hear that Boris, Cersi is going to be your new best friend."

Storyteller:
09/06/2020 8:18 am "Best friend right here." Boris barks.

Cersi Lockwood:
09/06/2020 8:20 am "It really is a lot of chocolate, but ..so what?" She motioned the waitress over and ordered some sausage for the doggo, pie and let the girls order for themselves

She reached out and scratched Boris head "Who's a good boy?"

Melody:
09/06/2020 8:22 am *She giggles at Boris, looking to Cersi as he reached to pet him* He is the greatest... but that shows me leaving him alone for more then a couple hours *she orders, what she had threaten to order, all chocolate!* Besides.... is just us girls, who is going to criticize? hum? *she pouts to Cadence, and eyes Boris again* ok, lets make a deal ok? you sit on the floor and keep your head on my lap, that way you make sure I stay here, but we can both eat

Management:
09/06/2020 8:25 am Cersi Lockwood has left the Havenswood

Cadence Compton:
09/06/2020 8:26 am At Boris' bark, she sits up taller in her chair. "Oh, of course. Pardon me."

The way Cersi was so easy-going and nice was pretty cool. She likes seeing people treating her sister well.

Melody negotiates with her dog and Cadence watches to see if it works.

When the waitress looks to her, Cadence asks for a slice of the pie and a cup of coffee.

Storyteller:
09/06/2020 8:27 am Boris wagged his tell, effectively saying, "Me. Me. I'm a good boy. I'M A GOOD BOY!"

He turned his face to Melody, whimpering, "But I no wanna sit down. I like it here."

"Now this is an interesting little trio," The waitress - we'll call her Honey - approaches the three of them, passing them the menu - though truth be told it wasn't like the place actually needed one given how few outsiders tended to flock to it. "Cadence Compton and Cersi Lockwood. When did you two start getting together? And this is..."

She looked at Melody, and to Boris, and frowned a moment at Melody's eyes - watching them as though there was a moment of disbelief. A second passes. Another. She's staring.

fairfolk

Re: Pie & Coffee [Cadence, Cersi, Melody]

Postby fairfolk » Mon Sep 07, 2020 4:46 am

Cersi Lockwood

She had grinned at the doggo and loved him more before taking her hand back and looking up to Honey. She reached up and took the Menu, putting it down.

"Staring is rude Honey" She said abruptly and looked directly into her eyes. She pushed the feel of the wolf out, a ripple of that power was felt. "Make sure we dont see the bottom of our coffee and give us as much space as possible beyond that and food delivery and Ill give you a tip bigger then the price. Thank you" Her tone was nothing friendly. She didnt like how she was already treating Melody. She wouldnt have it.

Siren

Postby Siren » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:44 am

Cadence Compton
The waitress, Honey, commented on their trio and Cadence blinked up at her innocently, feeling a bit surprised at being put on the spot like this. It was a reminder at how their lives are viewed under a microscope in this town.

It was her habit to answer her elders as truthfully as possible when questioned, which supported her reputation for being 'The Good Girl'.
"Just now actually. And this is my big sister, Melody." Cadence helpfully spoke up when Honey's words trailed off.

Seeing how Honey frowned at Melody's eyes and began just... staring, Cadence began to feel nervous. Thankfully, Cersi spoke up. And the firm no-nonsense way she did it gave Cadence a sense of how and why Cersi Lockwood has the reputation for being a rough character, but she was being that way in defense of Melody. That just earned a bunch of brownie points with Cadence.

With the goal of smoothing things over a bit, as has been her method in navigating Havenswood society, Cadence smiles and speaks up again. "I know the change can be a bit surprising, but oh...isn't it just Wonderful though? We are truly Blessed by God to have my dear sister's sight restored!"

Cadence was offering Honey a lifeline, a way to politely adjust to the shock of seeing Melody with pretty eyes in her pretty face.

Elsaa

Postby Elsaa » Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:59 am

*She Smiled to Boris, and ran her fingers to his fur* I know you love it, thatis why I offer half lap *she was not making him renounce her lap completely after all.

And then, Honey came, she was not surprised, at all, and just as Cersi spoke, effectively those pretty, startling, silvery eyes dug into Honey for a moment, mean Cersi was already Wolf agroing her, and she felt thankful to Cersi for it, but she still did it, both to make a point of what staring REALLY was, and that she was not taking it either. But then she looked to her sister, damn girl was just a Sweet with everyone, which only made her more protective of her too, that was her little sister, there. Gossip was going to run like rain tonight, for sure.*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Tue Sep 08, 2020 4:15 am

Boris whined a bit, but shuffled off, and sensing the tension in the room, looked over at honey who seemed to be in a state of reverie, "Right. A blessing... So they... really grew back? Those aren't just... really good glass eyes?"

As optimistic as Cadence was with her statement of a miracle, it isn't hard to see that Honey isn't comfortable. Those trembling hands might be holding a tick, but more than likely they are disturbed by visually seeing the rumor manifested before her eyes. "You know what, I should get your drinks. I'll be back!"

She didn't actually stick around to see if anyone wanted anything besides the coffee that Cersi had asked for - rushing to the kitchen to get space and all but stumbling over herself in the process.

"Why scared?" Boris asked, a question that to most ears seems like a confused half-bark more to himself than anyone else as he didn't much expect an answer when he set his head on Melody's lap again.

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:23 am

Cersi Lockwood

She sighed and shook her head as Honey walked away. She took a sip of the coffee to sooth her annoyance before looking to Cadence "You like to smooth things over huh?"

She nodded her head towards the way that Honey came "In some ways, sometimes, especially around here no information is better. I'm not mad, and Im not trying to get on your ass so dont think I am, but you guys dont owe anyone a explanation about the eyes. Its honestly best just to leave it be. Folks gonna think regrowing them had something to do with the devil around here" She snorted and chuckled "last thing we want is to be pitch forked, tared, feathered and burned at the stake right?"

She grins "but I love that you are kind."

She looked back "Im not sure we have a waitress anymore, and too boot: she didnt take our order" She chuckled again and shook her head. "Poor boris, gonna have to wait on those sausages"

Her eyes turned to Melody and asked softly "You okay?" You really -don't- have to give anyone a explanation about them. Ever. Fuck em"

Siren

Postby Siren » Wed Sep 09, 2020 3:51 am

Cadence Compton

Honey asks if Melody's new eyes were just really good glass eyes. Cadence holds her breath, watching to see what her sister says...and as she watches, Melody does something so stone-cold badass that Cadence is utterly impressed. Her big sister doesn't say a word, but simply stares down the waitress with her shiny new eyes.

Yeah, that is pretty unsettling.

She's not surprised at all that Honey is comfortable. Cadence notes the shaking hands and gives their waitress a kind smile. "Sure thing."

Remembering to breathe, she exhales that breath she'd been holding and slumps in her seat. When Cersi addresses her, Cadence blinks a bit, listens then nods.

"Right, you make a good point. I just feel kinda badly for her. I mean, she seems pretty freaked out. But I'll take your advice to heart." Craning her neck, she looks toward the kitchen trying to check on Honey without leaving her seat at the diner table.

Cersi talks to Melody and Cadence looks at her sister and the big white dog.

Elsaa

Postby Elsaa » Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:50 pm

*Honey flees to the kitchen, and Mel does kinda look at her retreating form, her expression dind't belie that she was bothered, she actually looked like if nothing had happened, as her hands kept trace of Boris' fur when the dog complied, she made sure though that her doggo still had lap, if he kept his upper paws on her or her head she didn't was fine with it, that still allowed her more movement than whole dog. And then looks down to Boris, smiling a tad, and pushing softly his ears pettingly* She just got confused Boris. You -are- the best of boys, do you know?

*And then she looked up to Cersi, that soft smile stayed in place* You know the gossip is already runing around right? I think someone at the docks even made a bet on how long it takes for me to grow horns or something the like. *and yet she just nods* I'm fine *oddly enough she was, either she was used to the crap or this time it just really didn't stuck like when she was smaller.*

*And then reached to nudge Cadence* It won't help her, she'll just freak out more if you go try to sooth her...
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:53 am

It was for the most part true. They may not be seeing Honey for a bit of time while the other girl tried to compose herself. In the meantime, Boris chose this moment to rise up to Melody, look her in the face, and lick her eyes-- I mean face... But really her eyes.

People fear what they do not understand, A voice purred softly, coming from no discernible direction.

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:05 am

Cersi Lockwood

She tilted her head and peeked into the hisil for a moment. "Yeah so" She laughed "how we gonna get food?"

Return to “Werewolf”