They Met In Blood and Water

Surrounded at all sides, will you be the Hunter or the Hunted?
User avatar
Nickpire
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm
Location: Chicago-land
Contact:

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby Nickpire » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:17 am

Samson 'Still-Waters' Ward
Primal Urge 1 | Hishu | Health (Uninjured) | Essence 7 of 10 | Willpower 4 of 4 | Defense 5 | Armor 1/0 (Thick Clothing; Torso, Arms, Back) | Unarmed | Iron Stamina 3 | Active Gifts: None | Cunning 1, Glory 1, Purity 1 | Auspice: Rahu | Tribe: Iron Masters | Pack: None

Again, that stare which seemed to pierce into him. It pushed his mind back to when he was young, in grade school, being forced to be on stage during a play. It was disconcerting on a face as young as Melody's. He didn't understand her reference about no one in their right mind giving her a truck. And what did she mean about running there with the baby? It was miles to River Run and it was raining like a monsoon out there.

There was no light of recognition in Samson's dark eyes that she'd been blind before. The Comptons were farm folk and the Wards were docks people. He'd gone to school with what must have been one of her older brothers... he thought... but Samson had gone to work so early that he couldn't remember for sure despite it being a small town.

"Good a plan as any." He agreed with Melody, glad to know there was access to a truck somewhere if needed. "I want her to make it too."

Melody was giving him some strange vibes. There was something... different... about her. Samson leaned in closer to speak closer to her ear... and better breathe her in... and when he did the scent of her hit his brain like a hammer. Likely it happened at the same time for her; diesel, sweat, peanut dust, and werewolf. Samson pulled back and looked at her, surprised. He could hear pounding in his mind.

No. Not his mind. The door.

He looked to Mike and Louis, then back to Melody.

"Keep an eye on them, please, Miss Compton?" He asked; all he knew was she was Uratha but had been an ally so far also. "Going to let the Lockwoods in."

A moment later, the door would be opened so Cersi and Bellamy could enter. He couldn't outright tell the Ithaeur about Melody in front of her brother.

"Cersi." He nodded to her, relieved she was back, then also nodded to her brother, offering a hand. "Samson Ward. Thanks for coming."

He closed the door behind them and began walking back to the room with the others.

"Mike, Louis, and the girls are back this way. They're in bad shape. One of the Compton girls, Melody, is there too."
"I don't want to alarm you, but right now, there is a skeleton inside of you. What happens if it wants to 'get out'?"

Hit me up on Discord; SinisterUrge#7806

User avatar
fairfolk
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby fairfolk » Fri Jul 31, 2020 4:11 am

Cersi Lockwood
there is some coming


She stepped in, the back of her hand reached out to touch Samsons as she passed him to allow her brother in. She breathed in and made a face, burnt skin was a horrible smell.

She looked over to her brother, wondering if he had heard the rumor of her running naked from Sams boat not long ago and if so, was he awake enough to register that it was this Samson?

She moved once introductions where over and nodded "Alright, whats the plan so far beyond getting them to River Run, cause night rides are more then prohibited. Its gonna take a bit to get my father to okay this"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby Elsaa » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:47 pm



*As they moved to the woman, her eyes followed, with the same intensity of grasping at every movement, every shift of color as they changed in the light of the room, every moth of vapor that zipped from their mouths... and then her head tilted as she looked at the woman* uh... someone knows where is Theo? *She tried to remember if she had caught his smell in the house... hard to tell with so much smoke and burnt... she frowned a hintch...*


*Just to fix Samson with her eyes as he leaned to talk to her, as his smell hit her, and hers him.... werewolf yes, and smell of grass and fresh dirt and mud, dog deffinitively and other animals seemed to cling to her, as well as you know... burnt house and burnt flesh. The way she looked at him intensified a bit, colored with open curiosity, and well.... trying to figure him out too, he moved to the door, and Cerci and her brother came in* [avatar][avatar]I can reposess my cousin's truck if you need to, let me know so I can make the run. We should hurry.[/avatar][/avatar] *Yup, tight plan, do it, hurry, lets go. Easy peachy, right?*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

User avatar
Nickpire
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm
Location: Chicago-land
Contact:

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby Nickpire » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:15 pm

Samson 'Still-Waters' Ward
Primal Urge 1 | Hishu | Health (Uninjured) | Essence 7 of 10 | Willpower 4 of 4 | Defense 5 | Armor 1/0 (Thick Clothing; Torso, Arms, Back) | Unarmed | Iron Stamina 3 | Active Gifts: None | Cunning 1, Glory 1, Purity 1 | Auspice: Rahu | Tribe: Iron Masters | Pack: None

Theo... he knew Harlem and maybe Lucien were looking into that.

"Guy named Harlem is checking up on Theo." Samson would have told Melody. "Don't know where he is."

Maybe dead in the fire. Maybe not. Maybe... no. He didn't want to think Theo started the fire on accident... or purpose. He barely knew the man. Samson didn't feel right voicing that aloud. Letting Cersi and Bellamy in, he felt her touch his hand. His eyes and smell held confusion... she'd run away that night for... he didn't know. She'd initiated then fled. Folks around the boat may have seen her which... Samson didn't like being the subject of gossip. So he didn't address it. Just led them to the room.

"Plan... was contacting you." Samson said to Cersi and Bellamy. "Don't know how to make the run."

But Melody had just said she could get her cousin's truck.

"They're going to need the doc for the trip too. Louis may need convincing. Miss Melody Compton here is also onboard... and is capable."

Samson lightly tapped the side of his nose to Cersi as he looked to Melody, which he hoped told both women what they needed to know about each other. Three werewolves... four with Lucien... Stephanie, Bellamy, Mike, Louis... Harlem... they were going to need more than one vehicle if everyone came. And what was better... strength in numbers or hope a smaller group could more easily slip through? Probably numbers... and not stopping. Making the run was Lockwood expertise.

But now Cersi and Bellamy could see the two poor burnt souls. If her father didn't agree... they were going to have to disobey him. He'd heard Maggie mumbling before he'd left but hadn't made it out. He didn't think Maggie would survive the night; he could smell death on her. Hear it. Sense it like an unseen presence in the world.

Tick, tick, tick...

Time was short. They needed to act.
"I don't want to alarm you, but right now, there is a skeleton inside of you. What happens if it wants to 'get out'?"

Hit me up on Discord; SinisterUrge#7806

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby Jakondite » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:23 pm

"Bellamy," The man said, shaking his hand. At the mention of girls and Melody, there was a strange look of confusion. As the man returned, he looked to his sister and asked, whispering, "Isn't Melody the blind one? The older sister of that one Eliza girl that Liam likes?"

Of course, Cersi couldn't say that for sure - there was definitely a blind Compton girl, but if there was a place the Lockwoods would meet the less outgoing members of the Comptons it was Church, and the Lockwoods weren't exactly the weekly mass kind of family in town. There may have been a few interactions, but if anything it would be with Melody's family, not Melody herself. Still, if you reach back into the back of your mind you might remember a girl wearing a blind fold, and a few people - probably kids - talking about what was under that blind fold. The popular rumor was 'nothing'.

Coming in though, especially after that, his gaze shifted over to Melody herself. Nah, she was definitely not blind. Maybe she was the wolf that his sister was talking about? Could wolves be blind? Or recover from blindness? He had no clue, and it wasn't like he or Cersi had really tested the regenerative properties of werewolves to that extent to know for sure.

It was a question for later because, "I'm not going to lie, hearing that - I'm leaning with Louis. Your talking about taking them in a normal pickup truck, in this weather, and they are clearly having trouble breathing. Make no mistake - they will drown or die of lack of oxygen before we EVER get into the Beast's territory."

There is a tensing that could be felt, palpably from at least the other three humans - including the unconscious one, who apparently the mention of the Beast even in that state created a subconscious fear in the people. Bellamy didn't notice or care - a Taboo subject like the Beast wasn't something that you could shy away from being a Lockwood - it was a very real, very serious threat that had never - not once - been met without the loss of a life. He continued, looking to Cersi, "They are going to need an actual ambulance, or at the very least one of the shipping trucks if Louis's gear can work in there. Not sure it'd be exactly stable or the easiest ride, but if we managed to get that, you have to understand not everyone is going to survive the trip. At least one person here *will die*. And its sounding like this is serious, which also tells me... it isn't a sure thing that these two make it even if we get to River Run. So, knowing that - are you sure you guys really want to try to make this run?"

"Yes," Mike said, at the same time that Louis said, "You fucking kidding me no!"

User avatar
fairfolk
Posts: 611
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby fairfolk » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:52 am

Cersi Lockwood
there is some coming


She met Samsons eyes and gave him a little smile "we will talk later", yeah she had caught his scent and it would need to be addressed another night.

She blinked "Thats the extent of the plan?" She asked and looked around the room. There was a slow nod, seeing the condition of the two people they certainly would need something.

Her eyes met Melodys and stayed there. She caught what Samson was trying to tell her.

She leaned in to hear Bellamy and shrugged. She wasn't sure. She wasn't a church going girl, unless her grandma made her, and that did happen sometimes. But she didnt pay attention.

She didnt shy away from the mention of the Beast, her family understood the rules. Night runs where RARE if any. She continued to watch Melody, her eyes where intense but she was curious about the woman. Her chin lifted slightly and addressed the other Uratha "Is there anymore to the plan to get them aid?"

She breathed in and said "Bellamy, can you get a ambulance?"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 456
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby Elsaa » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:01 am




*She nearly, almost rolled her eyes at Lois, and although she did gave him -a- look, she huffed, and then focused on Samson and Cersi, catching the man's gesture, it was Cersi's turn to get a small stare, intent, as if she was fixing in her memory every bit of hair, every freckle in her skin, every single detail with the amazing fascination of a child, yet she seemed quite the oposite as she went* Calm down Lous... I know how to solve it. *she looked to Cersi and Samson* two convoys, you, her and me .... we'll be distractors, make It run for its money, while they *she signales the family* make the run for it with him, I guess, are you driving it when we get it? *nop, it was not an IF, it was a WHEN, she looked to Cersi's brother, she was about to add about how Liam might like to be a girl, but she guessed alieniating the driver for the run was a bad idea. She then looked to Samsom and Cersi* You two don't mind making a little run, do you?
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

User avatar
Nickpire
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm
Location: Chicago-land
Contact:

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby Nickpire » Sat Aug 01, 2020 9:45 pm

Samson 'Still-Waters' Ward
Primal Urge 1 | Hishu | Health (Uninjured) | Essence 7 of 10 | Willpower 4 of 4 | Defense 5 | Armor 1/0 (Thick Clothing; Torso, Arms, Back) | Unarmed | Iron Stamina 3 | Active Gifts: None | Cunning 1, Glory 1, Purity 1 | Auspice: Rahu | Tribe: Iron Masters | Pack: None

She said they'd talk later... Samson didn't do much but nod. He wasn't too interested in talking about it and felt foolish enough over the whole issue. There might not be a later either if Bellamy's words were true. Samson had been raised all his life to fear the Beast; how it would crawl in through his window if he didn't mind his parents and carry him off. But there was a new factor involved tonight that may not have been on their previous runs; this time, at least three werewolves were involved.

Samson knew he wasn't invincible. He could be hurt, even killed. But not as easily. Not as quickly. It would take the Beast more time to dispatch werewolves than humans and that was time they could fight smart... let Maggie and her baby get away... then see if they couldn't convince the Beast they weren't worth the effort. If it attacked. Maybe the rain kept it from hunting. He doubted it. Rain wouldn't keep him from the hunt as a werewolf. Hunt. He looked at Cersi, Melody, and the others, many of who were Blooded. Stephanie... Mike... maybe Bellamy or Maggie or Louis even... he hadn't been close enough to smell. The air had a different feel and it wasn't just the fear-stink from Louis, like he'd peed on the floor.

"I'm in." Samson answered Melody. "Needs to be done."

He though a moment.

"Steph might be able to get us an ambulance. Otherwise, Mike or I could get keys to a delivery truck from the docks." They would have to 'borrow' said truck but that wasn't insurmountable. "Two teams is as good a plan as any."

And they all knew which one had to make it through to River Run. Samson looked to Cersi and tilted his head towards Louis. She was more persuasive than he was and they needed the doctor. Otherwise there was little point since Maggie would probably die enroute. Mike was also a trained army medic but he'd been drinking so Samson didn't know how on his game Mike was.

Bellamy seemed to know Melody more or at least of her. Blind? Clearly not. But she was also a werewolf. Samson knew they could heal... just about anything. If anything, Melody's eyes saw more than his did. Samson looked to Bellamy.

"I vote we go. It'll be dangerous but we got some things on our side." He said. "Mike is a friend. It's his kid and grandkid. Can't leave him in a lurch."

Samson knew Mike might try anyway... intoxicated and incapable alone. They'd never see Mike again if he did.
"I don't want to alarm you, but right now, there is a skeleton inside of you. What happens if it wants to 'get out'?"

Hit me up on Discord; SinisterUrge#7806

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 741
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby Jakondite » Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:25 am

"You guys are fucking insane," Louis said.

"Yeah, but it's a controlled insanity. Look, Louis, when this is all over and done you can complain about everyone owing you drinks at the end of all this, but till then - it's... not the best plan, but it's a plan. That said, if the goal is to distract the beast your going to need to come up with something to give you time to make a break for it. Don't tip too far past the border." Bellamy said, looking to his sister to see if she was alright with this plan but also looking to make sure she understood the gravity of his statements."I don't know if the police have their own ambulance; I think we'd have to call the Silver's up for that and I don't know that I want to bother them with this. So what we'll do is I'll talk with my father; We'll discuss the gravity of the situation and we'll see if we can't get one of the smaller shipping trucks to take."

Mike, for his part, was very quiet - holding his daughters hand in his own.

User avatar
Nickpire
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:14 pm
Location: Chicago-land
Contact:

Re: They Met In Blood and Water

Postby Nickpire » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:03 am

Samson Ward
Melody Compton
Cersi Lockwood
ST Jakondite





She inclined her head, Samson and she had already agreed to pack. So he had her back ,and she his. So this was going to happen

She tilted her head slightly to look at her older brother "I'd say we three should be on the bikes, but I am thinking i'm the only one who can drive. We won't go to far past the border if at all. Promise" She put her hand up, extending her pinkie.

Then looked back to the group. She looked at Louis "Please" Her tone was soft "Its a baby and a mother. We will do our best to protect you so you can save them, even if it means a life is lost, one of ours"


*She smiled and nodded to Samson, good, they didn't hesitate, that was a good thing, then a look to Bellamy, then to the baby, she pressed her lips* We should hurry, the baby doesn't have much time *she wasn't worrying about the mother, she could also smell death hovering over her, but she still included her. Her lips pressed a second, then she looked again to Samson and Cersi, and finally stepped from the baby's side as she motioned to one side* We should coordinate to know when to pull back and when not to *well if they were moving for the truck they should take advantage of the time, right?*

Papa Lockwood still had to approve the mission, it sounded like. But they were going to go either way, with or without his approval. This group, at least. Bellamy, he hoped, would come with because they needed all the experienced hands on deck that they could get. Cersi could hopefully get Louis to go along with this too. If nothing else, he'd have bragging rights. Or be dead. Hopefully not that.

"Where is the border?" Samson asked. "Never been that far out of town by road."


Louis sighed, but at the very least his sigh could be taken as resigned acquiescence.

"It's hard to explain. It's less a physical line and more a feeling. Some old folks made markings in that area to be careful but you'd have to have some tracking knowledge to really get it. It's about a half hours drive from here where things become dangerous." Bellamy explained. "Anyways... I'll try to call Dad. Assuming I get his okay, you guys should prepare first and get near the border so that the distraction is ready - assume we'll be getting things ready as soon as possible. I'd say we'd call but in this weather I'm not sure a signal would get through."

"Could... I don't know. Light a flare or something. It'd be hard to see in the storm though."

There were other ways of course, to keep an eye on the others and know when to strike. To coordinate one's efforts to have the highest chance of getting out alive. As a new Ithaeur, it'd be wrong to say that Cersi had a lot of political clout in the spiritual environment of New Haven or a distinct understanding of their hierarchies, but Luna HAD blessed her with the ability to know spirits themselves - and if they needed a fresh set of eyes to alert them of when to begin their... operation? She and the others could try to see whether or not they could find help in the Courts.


She breathed in and said "Light a flare, I'll see it" She grinned and winked at her brother before saying "Convince Dad. " She patted her brother and turned to move some where else with the two other Uratha, She motioned for them to step outside with her.

She would have to tell a spirit to watch for that flare. And she intended on doing JUST that.


*She looked to Bellamy, her head tilted in curiosity, but then simply stepped to follow Cersi, her eyes wandering toward the baby once more, then on to focus on the two with her, watching them as they moved, their movements, their heir, the way shadows met with light and played along their skin...*

Louis agreed which, for Samson, was the last true obstacle. Transportation, timing, now that was all they had to work out but it felt small. Tiny victories helped bolster his sense of accomplishment and he was glad Cersi had been able to talk him into it.

He nodded to the explanation of the border. Either way, Samson would be learning a lot tonight. Hopefully he'd be able to keep learning after too. He did want to survive.

Cersi bid them to step outside with her so he did so, leaving the humans and Blooded behind for a moment.


As the group left the house, the others started to make their own movements to get the plan in motion. They could hear Bellamy starting to have a conversation with his father to try to explain what was going on. There was a cost to this, they'd find out if they stuck around - not even Cersi could get a night run done for free, even if it meant the lives of two people - but Bellamy was fine to promise they could meet his father's cost.

Mike asked how he could help Louis with the preparations, and Louis of course resigned to ensure they could move them swiftly and appropriately - though checked to make sure that Mike was good to handle helping considering the levels of alcohol the man had taken. A lot of this day was about taking a risk though it seemed.

The water and storms pouring down would be a complication for most. Honestly, it made holding onto the lupine sense kind of annoying as they didn't provide much better enhanced hearing than normal and well... there were drawbacks to wolf senses too, such as the loss of color.


She moved out to near where her motorcycle was, the rain making her hair wet enough to plaster on her head. She didn't seem to mind at all. She looked at Samson "I thought I smelled another at the bar..this would be easier if there was four of us"

Then to Melody, she looked the girl over a moment "is there a place to cross over, getting a spirit to help would be MUCH easier on the other side"


*They moved out and she seemed to STARE at the raindrops as they fell, as the light from the house and the street shimmered in every drop, she actually extended a hand to catch them on it, watching them fall and platter, for an instant seeming like if she was totally lost in amazement at the sight of.... raindrops... but then she began talking.*

I had a Dream... in the dream a mare and foal were attacked by the stallion who fathered the foal... a group of wolves helped them, but the help was not what they thought at first should be.

You see... the stallion provoked it all and the stallion carries ... I am not sure if disease or just sheer strength that will break and blacken and dry all the land if not checked...

But the mare and the foal need help. so we need Thunder to distract the wolf, the Beast...

*she looked to them, then, intently* Apex's purpose is to defeat the Beast. If we call them and let them know the opportunity will strike tonight, they will move onto it, and they will become the thunder that will ensure the mare and the foal reach the hospital... while we seek out the stallion that burnt out the foal's eyes.

*Then she made a pause and smiled* oh! I'm Cahalith... I was hoping to finally meet you, I think I've dreamed with you two a LOT... well... I dream a Lot too... but you know... sometimes they take SO long into coming


Cersi's question about wondering if there was a place to cross over was about to result in Samson looking about with his spirit-sight; Louis's house was a hospital of sorts, after all, and there may have been enough energy concentrated at it somewhere to weaken the Gauntlet. As was, the barrier wasn't too thick out here away from the city... or shouldn't be. If it was, that could be a problem he'd been told. To watch for spiders. Neither here nor now so far as he knew. The rain felt good even as it soaked him to the skin in short order.

It was Melody who stole his attention then as she began to speak of her vision. Yes, he saw how she looked at rain, but he thought little of it... a lot of people liked rain. But visions? That wasn't something a lot of people spoke openly about, even in church. He listened to her tale about a mare, foal, and stallion. It made about as much sense to him as spitting into the sky but Melody clearly and passionately believed in what she'd seen.

"Would still help to have spirits." He said to Cersi. "This place is a... lots of people come to Louis. Might have created enough Essence to Reach somewhere. We'll have to look around."

Samson took a deep inhale.

"I'm Rahu; don't know much about visions." He said to Melody. "But if you believe that's what it means... I'll trust your instincts. I don't know how to contact Apex. Can use my phone if you need while Cersi and I check for a locus. I'm... glad to meet you too."

She'd dreamed of them? He looked to Cersi, back to Melody, to the three of them together in the rain. The skies above were pouring on them but hearing a Cahalith had dreamed of all of them together like that... sent a shiver up his spine more than the wet did.


"Avalon will love to hear that" she smirked and nodded in agreement. "Well then, maybe we found our third huh?" She looked her over "Cersi, Ithaeur, Bone shadow" She said softly, she had brought them this far so that they could speak privately.

She looked at Samson "I infer from her wanting to involve them that she also was..trained? By them? I was" She noted and nodded to Samson "we will be back, there is a awning over there you can make the call under"


It was one hundred percent a much easier time perceiving through the gauntlet into the Hisil here than it was in the city. There, you could barely do it - you were practically deaf and blind if you pushed your senses through. Here though? It's like you stuck your head underwater, sure - but at least the water is clear, rather than flooded in oil.

The Shadow is like watching a small guerrilla war between various spirits dancing between lightning bolts - a little hectic, honestly, right now.


*She smiled, her eyes still watching the water drops dance on her hand, but she looked to Cersi again* You too? It was fun, wasn't it? *and her head tilted, to Samson* oh! thanks, I would like that please... *referring to the phone* we should track Theo from the burnt house as soon as they leave for the hospital. *She looked back to the drain drops* And it's nice to finally meet you, on the waking.

oh! right... I'm Melody Compton, Luna's Eye, Chalaith, Storm Lord.


It seemed they'd found a third indeed... maybe a fourth, depending on Lucien. Harlem was following up on Theo's whereabouts and the man, as unusual as he was, was good at doing that. Samson knew Harlem saw things around him, more than even Samson did, and it was a good gauge of what was going on in an area to listen to him even if it frayed Harlem's sanity ever more. Not much to be done about it when Luna touched you.

He nodded to Melody and handed his phone over, trying to avoid it getting soaked. There was no passcode and it wasn't even a fancy device; just an old flip phone that was probably new fifteen years ago and was well worn.

"Samson Ward, Still-Waters, Rahu of the Iron Masters." He said to her. "There's a Blooded, Harlem, back in town who's tracking down Theo. Another Uratha too... Lucien... not sure if he's looking into it right now either."

They'd find out later. He went to rejoin Cersi and peered across the Gauntlet to the absolute chaos that was the Shadow tonight. The spirits were even more active than the storm was here. But the uratha had need of the Shadow as well so he helped her begin to hunt around for any trace of a locus.


She walked with Samson and said "Because you didn't really want to, that's why I ran" And then closed her eyes a moment to focus and looked into the hisil, into the beyond here. She knew chances of finding a locus was slim but spirits..well those sometimes hung around. Right?

To be honest - finding a locus or other similar location tended to involve work that likely wouldn't happen on this night; Of course, Mike was a Waystone but... unfortunately that information wasn't completely understood by the Rahu who considered him a friend - not yet, anyways - and even so, using him would involve pulling some Houdini magic that would no doubt freak out everyone, including Bellamy. It would probably require observing and monitoring the spirits and following where they congregated to actually get their own locus - so in the end, Cersi would have to settle for communicating with the various spirits that she could across the veil.

While Melody went to communicate with Prophet (who was the best point of contact for this conversation given what had happened with Winter and Myrad's personality), Cersi weaved through a series of useless spirits until she found one which was curious about them and saw them as a potential... opportunity to expand. Of course, the spirit in question took the time to ask why they would tempt the beast, what they gained from it, what their plans were - and eventually settled on a trade of sorts, in return for it's assistance - it'd ask them a favor later, and see where they stood when it was given.

Prophet on their side understood Melody's dreams, having had his own not too long ago. They were due for a hunt, and to call the Siskah-Dur on the Beast would be something that Avalon would -love- to do. Of course - and this was becoming a recurring theme for the fledgling pack - there was a price. As much as their timing aligned, Apex would expect that in the future a favor be tossed in their way... though honestly, this request was a token requirement, practically a deal made for the sheer purpose of ensuring that the pack knew that Apex would be doing them a favor, not the other way around.

As the pieces come together though, the plan begins to be prepared - and Apex prepares for war while Cersi's Spirit kept it's eye not on the flare, but on the individuals themselves to seek and alert... well, Cersi should probably have them alert Apex if they are meant to time their movements together, but it would alert Cersi if she preferred to be the point of contact.

With all of this done however, it meant that the child and mother would be in for a rough ride - along with Apex - but it left the pack with another task all the same: To look into the events that had caused the fire to begin with. Melody had mentioned a story of a Stallion who injured his foal and mare, though the story felt... incomplete. It probably was meant to be though - most dreams were hard to describe to strangers.

That meant that they would find themselves ultimately heading towards the burned down homestead, where Harlem had gone to and where his car would be found out on the road, watching it. Of course, he'd come to take a look at it and probably had, but right now he was in his car - flashlights on and observing. The place was mostly put out by this point, and while it'd been damaged ... well, fire and water didn't mix, and who needs a fire department when you got Havenswood Weather, right?

A more direct, and obvious reason that the fire would be out though, was that a very angry looking sky~wail was very angrily spraying the place with water. It wasn't that the Sky~Wail had crossed over, mind - this place, they'd notice as they walked in, had become resonant and the gauntlet had fluctuated, becoming a verge where the realms seemed to blend together and you could just... slip through.

AND TAKE THAT! AND THAT! AND THAT! The Sky~Wail snapped, hosing the place down. Burn MY face will you. I'll show you. I'll show ALL OF YOU! AND TAKE THAT!

You get the impression this Sky~Wail has been here for some time, probably doing this.


*Yea, talk to Prophet it was, she liked him, and he was probably the only one of them who still spoke to her, of course she ask if they knew something... you know about who, but she won't press, just worry, so ask... then a smile, suuure They were doing them a favor, like if Apex didn't love the idea! but she was fine with the coloring of it.*

*Any how once all was planned and plotted and organized she'll go with Samson and Cersi to the house, how? well they'll have to choose, she had no car, nor bike, nor nothing but two firm and able legs, or four if you may.*

*Arriving though she blinked at the Spirit wailing on the sky above the house, THAT was CUTE! Yep, again she stared, watching it frail and stomp and water the house, SUCH an amazing view, such a amazing sight!!! just look at the details of the spirit, at how it moved, how the water splattered and changed at its Will* What did that ugly house did to you? *yup, of coure, he had baby brothers and sisters, she knew it was ALWAYS the fault of the thing hurting you*


Samson wasn't a violent person by nature but for a moment it was very tempting to hit Cersi Lockwood right upside the back of her head. She'd toyed with, then run on him, smiling, at what might have been the most embarrassing moment possible. Then she'd run down the docks in naught but her skin for all the neighbors to see and gossip about. He hated people knowing his personal business. He hated being gossiped about. Some of that irritation probably came off him if her Wolf nose was on but the rain and wet would quickly wash it away.

He wasn't going to get into it with her right now. Mike, Maggie, and the baby were more important. He'd come to the conclusion that women were just crazy. The only variable was to what extent. Even Steph, bless her heart, was a nut who'd decided to police this town with all its weirdness. Samson had gotten a glimpse, a very brief glimpse, of life away from Havenswood. Little-Red hadn't even been able to find Havenswood on a map. It wasn't there. It felt like the craziness was all around. Other towns probably didn't have Beasts on their borders.

All the same... Samson wouldn't mind sinking his claws into something tonight. It was in the air. The thrill of the hunt. A goal. The heavens raging overhead in the Physical and Hisil. Apex was contacted and mobilizing for war; owing them a token favor meant nothing compared to the fact that the nascent pack was using the others against a common enemy.

Arriving at the homestead, Samson would stop to speak with Harlem a moment before moving up to the house. To see if he'd learned anything more about Theo and give the two women a chance to move up on the Sky-Wail on the other side which was bemoaning something. The Ithaeur and Cahalith could handle that for now. He wanted to know if Harlem knew anything and talking with the man also kept him from paying too much attention to where the girls had gone off in the torrent.


She had turned her eyes to look at him having caught that scent "Yeah, better explained later. Just" She waved her hand "It will make sense if you give me a chance to speak later." She paused her eyes going back to the hisil and adding "Just didn't want to go into this without you knowing its not from a lack of wanting, Just...didn't feel right"

And left it at that. Later, yes later. if she made it out of this, if HE made it out of this.

She spoke to the spirit, and offered a bit of essence for now. And yes, later they would talk about that price. She did look up at the sky and tilted her head. She called out "YES, RAIN TAKE YOUR ANGST OUT." She shook her fist in a approving way and turned on her heel walking back towards Melody

"They down?"

And then walked with her back to the homestead


"AGGH!" The Spirit screams, and floats back, "The house! IT SPOKE! WHERE ARE YOU HIDING THE SKY FLAME, I... Oh wait."

It notices Cersi and Melody, and eyeballs them, and then... "YOU!"

It rushes in front of them - and in a few seconds is within clawing distance. The Sky~Wail is an impressive size - bigger than the whole of them combined, though it lacked substance, like a cloud that was a whale floating in the air. As big as it was, it's lack of definition told Cersi it was probably a small ranking, and confused thing right now - comparatively speaking. "YOU'RE BACK! Did you find the Sky-Flame?!"

It looked between the two girls and said, squinting, "Wait a minute. Were there two of you before?"

Harlem, seeing Samson, would look relieved - and pull down the window, and said, "I... I...went to come and check but... is it just me, or is the rain going crazy over there? Like, it started just shifting directions, almost like it was actively aiming at the cinders."


*She nodded to Cersi* They'll ask a favor later though *she smiles and winks, looking back to the Sky-Wail, then to Cersi, then to the Spirit, her head tilted a tad*

A Sky-Flame bothered you? *her voice full with shock! how dare him!* But if you are such a pretty thing there! Could you tell us what happened? *and another tilted of her head, peering to Cersi, she knew more of Spirits after all*


Samson couldn't get any wetter and just remained where he was. He could see the shape of the Sky-Wail when he switched his eyes to the Spirit but left them on their human shape for the moment... and could still see the Sky-Wail. It was odd to see one of those spirits so low to the ground; usually they drifted, higher above. Why was this one so far down?

Harlem could see the Sky-Wail was of more pressing concern. Samson knew the man could see things hiding in the physical, or at least, Twilight. He'd seen that before. Harlem seeing clear across the Gauntlet was news to him. It was going to be hard to keep werewolves secret from him for long and Lucien and Samson were going to have to have a chat with their friend one night.

"No. Not just you." Samson shook his head. "I see it too."

Though its thrashing had stopped the spirit was still more or less right there. It's size made it impossible to hide. Samson saw no point in trying and he'd long validated Harlem from nearly the moment he'd met the... odd outsider.

"Any word on Theo?" Samson asked him. "No one's heard from or seen him tonight."


"There are three of us" She said "I'm not sure what the sky fire is, but once we are done with our hunt we can help you find it! You're too majestic to be having fire shot at you!"

She looked at Melody "We should go get the others and get moving"


"One... two... DON'T TRY TO DECIEVE ME WOLF I CLEARLY COUNT... oh wait I suppose if I count me, there ARE three of us. Okay, you are forgiven for your transgression," The Sky~Wail says. "Wait, a hunt? You aren't hunting the Sky~Fire?"

It seemed to have missed Melody's request to know what happened for now, what with them trying to move away and it being distracted by the answer to it's question.

"No, Theo isn't in there. That farm over there though said they thought they saw a figure coming out of the fire before some girl charged in and dragged Mike's family out. I was going to go and check inside but..." He motioned to the Whale as though that explained everything.


*She humms faintly, ok maybe Cersi should check the Wail, but she nodded* maybe we can catch his smell? *she looked again at the Wail, SO Fascinating! but concentrated a moment later, trying to check for the scents on the terrain, despite the rain... and the Wail*

The spirit was just right there, materialized in the physical. It wasn't entirely surprising... the barrier between worlds was almost non-existent here which was odd in and of itself. They could Reach if needed but the hunt seemed to be on the physical side of the Gauntlet. Had anything else come through with the Sky-Wail?

Fire... lightning? There were other spirits in the skies than the Sky-Wails. A figure coming out of the fire before a girl... Melody presumably... ran in. Theo? Why wouldn't Theo call for help? One idea... he'd set the fire... another idea... he was the fire now. Samson frowned in thought.

"Appreciate you checking." Samson said to Harlem. "No sense going up there by the... you know."

The Sky-Wail would have no answers for Harlem and he wasn't sure how much of the inside of the house would have answers for the pack. But if Theo left on foot, he may have left a scent they could track. To that end, it might be worth finding something of his that wasn't soaked. This rain... tracking by smell would be almost impossible.

"Why don't you head back to town?" Samson suggested. "Let Lucien know what's going on. I'll see what I can find out here. Can't get any wetter."


She looked at Melody and then up at the sky Wail. "What did you see? We ARE looking into that! We aren't sure what happened"

The Sky-Wail gave Cersi a confused look, and said, "What is a city? Wait, that's not important, what's important was the Sky-Flame. That Bastard slipped from the Lunar and Solar Armies and BIT me. SEE!?" It puffed up it's chin so that they could see a large mass of black, charred cloud that was... comparatively small to the actual Wail. "I think it decided it was going to wear flesh when it landed, probably because its a BIG STUPID COWARD TOO AFRAID TO FIGHT ME!!!!"

It shot water at the house, and then turned to clear it's throat, composing itself with all the dignity in the world. "Anyways, that's what happened. Pretty sure I drowned out the flame though, though the flesh suit seems to be gone so I figure that the rest of the Sky-Flame is out there somewhere. You really didn't find it?"

Harlem, for his part, nodded and said, "You know. That's probably the least fucked up thing I've seen in this town."

Motioning again to the Sky-Wail. "But yeah, your right - this is beyond me right now. You guys figure out what you want to do, and I'll go talk with Lucien about it. This sounds like the kind of thing he'd want to know."


*She gasped properly to the Wail's story* That was a really mean Sly-Flame! *shaking her head, her eyes getting an intensity that was more focused, less distracted... a Claimed it seemed.* Do you know which way the flesh suit went to? *she kept sniffing to try to get a hint of which way*

Theo... this seemed to keep going back to him. No one had seen him except the neighbors, whose eyes seemed pretty good, all things considered. Samson looked at the burnt remains of Maggie's home. The Sky-Wail had probably helped preserve some of the structure, even if that hadn't been its intent. It was impossible to not hear the spirit from where he'd been; they were called Sky-Wails for a reason. But if there was an Urged or Claimed on the loose, they'd need to find it. Quick.

"Appreciate you, Harlem." Samson gently slapped the side of the man's car. "We'll catch up later."

If this was the least messed up thing Harlem had seen in Havenswood then he lived a much more adventurous life than Samson knew about. It was a credit to Harlem that he was still alive, really. But it also meant Harlem knew a lot of things and it might not be bad one night to parse what was real versus what wasn't... and to get Harlem on the straight and narrow for the side of good... the pack's side. He'd wait until the man left then move to rejoin Cersi and Melody... and the Sky-Wail.

"Theo may be the source." He said. "Neighbors saw someone coming out of the house shortly before they saw you go in, Melody."

That spirit was big the closer he was to it.


She nodded as Samson spoke and looked at him "The rain will make it harder to track but..we should get on that, provided the sky-wail can answer Melody's question"

Harlem nodded, a bit world-weary but ready to go.

"Um..." The Sky~Wail thought a moment, and said, "Well, if it's not still in the house, I suppose the direction it went was... away?"

"...WAIT! Weren't there Two of you!?"


*She breathed deeply once, should have known. She looked to Cersi and Samson as they came* We should track *she said.... and closed her eyes, making herself HEAR and SMELL without the distractions of Wonders*

"No, three. Four with you"

She looked at them and nodded, her body started to morph, bones cracking and breaking only to reset, inky black fur sprouted as she went onto four paws


Samson looked to the massive spirit and nodded to it respectfully. It felt odd here in the Verge, like two worlds were one... which... was what it was. There was a reason he didn't write poetry, he reflected. But surely Maggie's house wasn't like this before tonight? Verges were rare, he'd been taught.

"I'm Still-Waters, the third uratha." He spoke to it. "Four with you, spirit."

It was echoing Cersi's word's. He also mimicked her action; two legs became four in the darkness and rain, Samson taking the Urhan form and its Wolf senses coming into his brain like a rush of thunder from above. He'd move to assist in searching for Theo's scent... it should be distinct if the rain hadn't washed it away.


The Spirit paused and said, "Hey don't go walking away, I'm coming with!"

The scent of the ash and smoke was clear here. Charred flesh burned away in fire and water and blood. The scent is easiest for the wolves though - even when using her wolf senses, the forms still had clear advantages to certain things, probably due to the shape of the snout or details like that. Still, you can smell their scents, riddled in the wall. It's mostly the smell of ash and flame and water and wood - though the scent of the girl and the child are definitely here. Not their natural scent, but the burned, charred scent. They were made more pervasive in the air because of the flame, less natural too - warped. Of course, the scent was the strongest towards the house, and were they to check the remains there would probably be something there still in tact; Something that was enough to track that third and final scent that seemed almost hidden beneath the two. Wait - no. Scratch that, there were four different scents? Something else was trickling on the nose beyond just that 'hidden' one, and it was hard to identify properly.


*Mel held still with her eyes closed for a bit, then sensing the other two shifting, she just did as proper, letting the white fur of her pelt spread out as she went on fours, she peered in the Wails direction, she didn't mind, truth be told, if the others did they'll complain, so she sniffed.... * Didn't Little Whale mention another one come asking? *she woffed, mean, it HAD confused Cersi and Melody, as she concentrated on the direction, padding that way along with the others, trying to... find a 'sense' to the hidden one sense*

She made a chuff sound to the spirit , as long as it didn't get in the way she figured but did not voice that, yet. she sniffed around and answered melody 'dont recall, did it?"
"I don't want to alarm you, but right now, there is a skeleton inside of you. What happens if it wants to 'get out'?"

Hit me up on Discord; SinisterUrge#7806


Return to “Werewolf”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest