Catching Up [Attn: ST]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
QuicksilverFox85

Re: Catching Up [Attn: ST]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:23 pm

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"Maybe." Damien nodded, sparing Victoria a brief glance as her own gaze sent a shiver through the other piece beside him. "We could, yeah. Not sure if it'd be better to ask her here or back at the house, though."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:41 pm

Artie shuffled a bit. Victoria's focus did seem capable of being split between you and whatever she was doing on her phone. Observing for the moment. Then returning her gaze to her computer screen. Artie hrmed and then said, "No clue. It's kinda a weird topic. No one wants to relive that by having to talk about it. If it were Mindy, or Diamond - I'd say probably at home I guess, since that'd be more comfortable and give an easy escape..." He paused a bit, and said, "Home. Hm. Been a while since I used that word."

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"Yeah, it has been. The place is starting to feel like it, though. Definitely more than where I lived before we left." His family's estate had been more of a gilded cage than anything else, stuck with a family that would never accept him for what he was and the tensions and trials that came from that. The hollow was something they were making their own, and after Tom's visit he had been making a point in investing more of himself into the place to try and form the connection they needed to keep it properly safe.

He looked back towards Victoria, thinking a moment before he started to gather his books. "Now's as good a time as any, I guess. Shall we?"

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:47 pm

"Sure. Let me just close this down and I'll go with you?" Backup. If you were dealing with Victoria, you needed backup, and pawns?

They will always back you up. Okay its not entirely true but they typically tend to literally have your back in the event someone takes you, so they can move in and take them in return. It'd be a cool feature if it ever stopped them from taking you on the board, but off the board it was probably a good intimidation tactic.

Your head is still not all the way there - just a little off, so you almost end up missing a curious detail as Artie logs off his computer and the shuffling pages blink away - the closing of a few files of a blonde girl, with startling blue eyes. You catch bits of the name, but a perfect memory won't give you a slow motion review of what you saw - Gw---o--n Ch----rs and her picture. It'd wouldn't be noteworthy, except the picture looks familiar - like you've seen the face before, and your not entirely sure where.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:06 pm

Damien Wetherford
Damien paused as the pictures flashed off the screen, head tilting as he tried to place where he had seen the woman before.

"Who was that?" He asked quietly, giving Artie a curious look. "She looked familiar, but I'm not sure from where..."

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:09 pm

"Uh -- Which one? I had like, thirty windows open just now," Artie said, looking over to the now logging off screen, then back at Damien.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:32 am

Damien Wetherford
"The blonde...looked like Gwendolyn Chambers or something like that?"

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:35 am

"Shhh keep your voice down!" Artie said, his eyes widening as he seemed almost panicked by the name that slipped out of Damien's mouth. He looks over to Victoria to check and see if she noticed but -- well, how the hell would he know, she's hard enough to read. "Jesus Damien." He checked again, and said, "Okay... I don't... think... she heard you..."

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:40 am

Damien Wetherford
"Shit, sorry..." To his credit the Darkling did look apologetic, lowering his voice as he continued. "Is that her...other half, or someone else?"

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Tue Sep 17, 2019 2:43 am

"Someone else..." Artie muttered. "Alright. I'll let you know, but you can't bring it up to anyone - especially not Victoria, Destiny, or Diamond."

Return to “Changeling”