Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:49 am

Set between Unexpected Visitors and Homecoming

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
While the visit from the young feline Spring Courtier had gone well enough overall, Diamond's retreat into her room and the coaxing it took to get her back out had started to concern Damien if only because of how often it seemed to be occurring. They all had their coping mechanisms - and the vices that were indulged as part of those mechanisms in some cases, although that was another issue entirely - but running off from even minor situations of discomfort wasn't going to be tenable for much longer.

The conversation had also brought up something that Damien knew he could help with off-hand, and it was for both those reasons that he went to go look for the Elemental early in the morning after breakfast had been handled for the day. She had mentioned not being sure if she could fight, but with any luck testing those skills and seeing where she was on that front could help her rebuild a bit of confidence.
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

Postby Elsaa » Fri Aug 23, 2019 3:57 am



*Looking for her in her room, miiiiight land him with her still curled under the blankets, JUST a bundle in the middle of the bed! ... if she slep again well, if not.... well more than likely she'll be tossing and turning in a mess of blankets*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:08 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
Damien paused as he passed through the doorway and saw Diamond still in bed, a small frown gracing his features at the knot of blankets around her. He quietly approached the bed and found the best position to be able to get to the Elemental without getting smacked in return before he reached out and started gently shaking her shoulder, pushing through his own discomfort with the contact as he tried to rouse her from the dream. "Hey Diamond..."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

Postby Elsaa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:35 am



*AT first, very first, there wasn't much of anything... but then there is a little yelp sound and she seemed to fight off the blankets.... basically peering around, like if she was looking for something, while still trying to... untangle.... and probably falling off bed in that fight for untangliness with an eep and a thud*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:48 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
Quicker than one would think Damien moved to put himself between Diamond and the edge of her bed, keeping her from rolling off and taking a nosedive towards the floor. "Whoa...careful there." He said with a smirk, looking her over. "Need a hand?"
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 439
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

Postby Elsaa » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:53 am



*ok, so clanck instead of thud, and she eeped softly looking up to him, then around, again like if she was looking for something, then a soft uh, as she looked at the tangled mess of blanket* ... I... just need... to untangle.... s.. sorry *she tried a faint smile, as she uh..... more camly? tried to.... untackle herself... also more successfuly!*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:02 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"No worries." The Darkling offered what assistance he could with the untangling, stepping back from the bed once she was free of the blanket. "I was wondering if you'd be up for a sparring match, or at least seeing where you're at on the fighting side of things. You mentioined not knowing where you are with that before."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Show Me What You've Got [Attn: Diamond]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:09 am

Diamond
*She smiles a bit thankfuly onse she was free... just to staaare, clear as day the consideration of hiding! at the idea... but then again, she -had- asked... so she fidgeted, and nodded*w... wha.. what do we do?


Damien Wetherford
"I figured find a clear spot in the common room and I can put you through your paces, see what you know and what you need to work on." He smirked a touch. "Up to you, though."


Diamond
*she fidgeted more, nervous at the idea, but nodded* o.... ok.. I.... I'll.... change


Damien Wetherford
"Alright. I'll be out there when you're ready." He gave a nod and headed out of the room, leaning on the wall beside her door as he waited for her to emerge.


Diamond
*She nodded.... having to fight with the urge to just hide for a moment... before she slowly got up, and uhhm rumage until she found something worth... for exercise? jeans? she guessed and a shirt... and peeked out* I.... I'mready


Damien Wetherford
Damien was in jeans and a t-shirt himself, so it was a solid pick overall. He nodded when she came back out, motioning towards the corner farthest away from the door. It wasn't private per se but it was tucked away enough from the hustle and bustle of the hollow. "Shall we?"


Diamond
*She nodded a littly bit, still fidgety, unsure about this, but.... it was a good thing to know, if she can help... or if she needs to learn... or if she needs to REALLY learn how to hide properly and stab on the back? mean... the enemies, of course... she follows him* wh... what if I can't... fight?


Damien Wetherford
"We can teach you, then. Between the lot of us we probably have everything covered."


Diamond
*she... nods a little bit* o.. okay


Damien Wetherford
"Alright..." he said as they got to the open area, looking her over. "I'm going to get into a strike position and want you to match how I'm standing, then we'll go from there."


Diamond
*She nodded, again fidgeting slightly but moving a bit to be... in front of him?* o.. ok


Damien Wetherford
Once Diamond was ready Damien got into a simple boxing stance, feet spread apart shoulder-length, with his right hand and foot forward. "If you're right handed you'll want to set up the opposite way, as a note." He smirked a touch, waiting for her to take the same position before walking over and showing her where to adjust as needed.

After she was set he retook the position in front of her, motioning at her with his lead hand. "Try taking a swing."


Diamond
*boxing position... she watched him for a moment, before she tried to copy... it was not... perfect, but her hands whhere at the right height, the right angle, maybe her feet were slightly more appart, like if they were naturally trying to feel for another positiong, but all in all... she seemed to be rather good at copying his stance, and correcting what was needed, she did bit her lip a tad* a... just... hit you?


Damien Wetherford
"Mmhmm. Let's see what you've got."


Management:
Diamond has rolled an Cause ST made the math for me roll (1 dice), getting 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has failed the roll.


Diamond
*She nodded...and... tried sending a punch, which ... went wide off, like if she was trying to hit his shadow reflected on the wall instead of him! in all it was at least a well closed fist that went nicely out, just.. maybe she was too insecure about it all*


Damien Wetherford
The punch was almost too easy to spot, and when she finished he gave her a nod. "Form was good, just need to work on the aim. Try again."


Management:
Diamond has rolled an puch! roll (1 dice), getting 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has failed the roll.


Diamond
*She pursed her lips, the nervious worm in her gut gnagging still, but she did need to try and so she did, he might be able to spot, how her feet shifted, taking an slightly wider position that boxing would, she held her weight on the ball of her feet, and moved forward fast enough to deliver a punch, if only to too slow to really hit, as it graced off his shoulder*


Damien Wetherford
Damien noticed the shift in her stance, smiling a touch as she took another swing that almost connected properly. "There we go...give it one more shot."


Management:
Diamond has rolled an puch I say! roll (1 dice), getting 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has failed the roll.


Diamond
*She frowned a tad, and just brought her other fist, you know, like you would in a set? maybe not the best option as it was not her right and so the punch came out too weak to be felt, even if it was well placed, which made her huff a little bit*


Damien Wetherford
"Don't get discouraged." He made the 'come at me' motion with his hand again, his own features even. "Again."


Management:
Diamond has rolled an capuch? roll (1 dice), getting 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has failed the roll.


Diamond
*She frowned, yet did it again, as she moved, it was not a wrong swing, it was actually a good one, but again, she was either too slow that he was able to move or she graced him again, barely connecting, she frowned again, like if she sensed that was not what was supposed to happen*


Damien Wetherford
"Getting there...just need to work on the connection."


Management:
Diamond has rolled an capow? roll (1 dice), getting 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has failed the roll.


Diamond
It's what I'm trying to do!!! *she threw another punch! which again, was easely dodge if he just shifted his shoulder a bit, or not strong enough, she huffed*


Management:
Diamond has rolled an kechin! roll (5 dice), getting 4, 10, 2, 9, 1, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Diamond has 2 successes.


Diamond
*She let a huff at him again, and suddenly flickered her stance, he might see a gilnt of something shine in her eye for an instance as she stood straighter, and the hit landed!*

*and it landed well.. she was short, so she had gone by inscit to the solar plexus. IT his in THAT little spot, the nerve that is in the right middle? where you hit and you feel the air knocked out of your chest*


Damien Wetherford
And indeed, Damien folded up a bit as she connected with his torso, eyes going wide as the air forced its way out of his lungs with a loud "oof!" It took him a moment to stand up straight, giving her a thumbs up as he caught his breath.


Diamond
*She.... she..... was staring at him! eyes wide as she went* s.. sorrysryy... I.. Id.. sooory! *putting both her hands behind her back!*


Damien Wetherford
"It's okay..." he managed to croak out, smirking nonetheless. "Was a good hit."


Diamond
*she bit her lips somewhat* I... I didn't think it'll.... r.. really hit...


Damien Wetherford
"That was part of...why we were doing this." He got himself properly upright, wincing a bit as the now-bruised muscles on his torso protested the effort. "Looks like you can handle yourself better than you think..."


Diamond
*She winced seeing him wince* m... maybe I... I saw you fight....? you all?... are you ok?


Damien Wetherford
"Yeah, I'm good. Just need a minute." He shuffled back a bit to lean against the wall, looking to her with a small smile. "Maybe, or you learned before you went in."


Diamond
uhm.... *she fidgeted, frowning just a tad, then a little nod, she couldn't know which one would it be* ma.. maybe...*she hesitated, before she moved juuuust a tad closer* ma.. maybe you should sit? a bit? *still wincing*


Damien Wetherford
"...yeah, probably not a bad idea." He nodded, pushing off the wall and heading towards the nearest chair. Once he eased himself into it he lifted his shirt enough to get a look at the bruises, smirking a touch as he let it settle back down. "We keep at it and you'll be better at this than the lot of us."


Diamond
*she moved after him, now worried, wincing as she saw the tiny fist shaped bruised, then blinking* I.. I.... don'tthinkthatisgoingtohappen


Damien Wetherford
"Don't think what will happen?" He looked up to her at that, an eyebrow arched.


Diamond
*she... points to his chest*


Damien Wetherford
"We're not stopping just because you got a good hit in." He paused, smirking a touch. "Well, we kind of are because you knocked the wind out of me. I do want to keep working on this with you, though."


Diamond
*she fidgeted, but nodded, honestly thinking she just got a lucky punch, must be that, right?*


Damien Wetherford
"Give me a bit to catch my breath and we can go back at it."


Diamond
ok *softly* d... do you want... water?
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"


Return to “Changeling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest