Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

What do you choose? A poisoned rose, or a knife in the shadows?
User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:31 pm

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
The night of the Homecoming celebration had come, and Damien would be lying if he said he wasn't somewhat nervous. It was the Chess Club's first proper outing among the freehold at large, which was going to be interesting on its own, and on a more personal level it was the first social gathering that he had attended since he had been Taken. He'd always hated the ones he'd been dragged to as a kid, stuck standing around and not making a fuss when the adults in the room talked on and on about the stupidest or most infuriating things, and with the changes that had come in Arcadia he couldn't say how well he would handle being among so many unknown faces. But, they needed to get out among the locals and find a place for themselves in the new world they'd entered up in after their escape, and this was as good a way to do it as any.

The suit that the Spring Court's package contained fit the Darkling to a tee, the dark pinstirped fabric tailored to perfection; he still wondered how they had known his measurements on that front, but he wasn't one to look a gift horse in the mouth. He was already in the dress slacks and shirt, the jacket draped nearly on the bed, glowering quietly at himself in the mirror as he once again undid the tie that had accompanied the rest of the outfit. It had been nearly a decade since he'd had to wear one, and it seemed that whatever muscle memory he'd developed on that front had gone right out the window from sheer lack of use. After letting out an exasperated sigh he looked towards the door that led to Ross' room, calling out loud enough to be heard through it but not enough to make anyone who might be out in the common room think that something was amiss. "Hey Ross...do you remember how to do a Windsor knot?"
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby Elsaa » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:42 pm



*She had started by putting one of the dresses... squeaked! and took it out! then try on another... to pretty much the SAME result, and so she went thorugh all the outfits that were meant for the party... they all fit her perfectly of course, they all seemed perfect and made her skin stand out, or her eyes, or both.... but also... her silouhete.... SO, in the end she had made a little sound and just crawled under her blantes, declaring firmly* I'm not going out of here!
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby Jakondite » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:56 am







"Dude a tie might be a little too formal to this kinda thing," Ross had replied, keeping his own attire simple and straight to the point with some slacks and a dress shirt. That was the story of most of the guys ~ they were clothes they could go out in, but also were ... nice. The girls on the other hand, well they took it up a notch. They'd woken up at the crack of dawn and started an army of preparations, a hustle and bustle of ten to fifteen squeeling voices and most of the guys just trying to avoid the rush hour.

"How the hell did they get these to fit so perfectly?"

"Why are all my dresses white?"

"Here you can have one of my Dresses, Lily, it should be fine."

"Oh thank you Victoria... though, honestly, I actually kind of DO like this one..."

"It's fine. Whoever chose your color palate an idiot, honestly. Seriously I think we're the only ones who managed to get single clothes sets."

"Oh! You should take one of mine then. Though... not for -wow that is a pretty dress ohmaigod."

"These clothes are WAY too slutty. There is no way I'm going in a dress that tight."

"Wait, isn't that -my- dress?"

"What? No way this was in my box."

Ross looked over out of the room, and sighed. As Richie passed by, he asked, "Hey Richie, how is it possible that we are sitting here in the middle of an army of gorgeous women, and none of us are getting laid?"

Richie raised an eyebrow, and said, "Speak for yourself man. I get action every damn night."

"Wait. What?"

"Yeah. You didn't know that?"

"Bullshit. Well, I mean, at least Artie is in the same boat." He looked to the passing pawn.

"Huh? Nope. My nights are pretty active actually."

"What? But there are no other... Wait --" He looked over to Damien, "Don't tell me you too...?"

Mindy came over to where Diamond was, and observed her. "Ohhhh... You look so pretty, Diamond. You don't even need makeup, you just kind of... glow. So lucky..." Before turning to try to apply her own makeup.

"Wait, who said they weren't going?"

"We talked about this, all or no one remember?"

"You can't change your mind day OF!"

User avatar
fairfolk
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby fairfolk » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:25 am

Destiny
Dull Beacon 2| Lethal Mien 2



She was not to sure about this as she went through each of the dresses meant for her. Finally she settled on a red, as it seemed less...depressing then the dark blue and black numbers. This was meant to be a celebration of sourts after all anyways right? They should try to be happy. But, what she really looked for was a dress she could hide her flask and this one did it

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:52 am

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
"Can't make a first impression twice, Ross. They had the suit in there with everything else, so I figure go big or go home." Damien replied with a small smirk, leaving the tie looped under his collar for the moment as he moved to watch the flurry of activity in the common room while the girls flitted hither and yon getting ready. Even only half put together he cut a decent figure, leaning casually against the frame of the door for his room in the hollow, so one could only imagine what he'd look like with the full ensemble in place. "Besides, they're going all out, so it would look a little weird if we didn't."

The question from Ross earned an arch of the eyebrow from the Darkling as well, amusement growing as both Richie and Archie chimed in and Ross turned his way with a baffled look on his face. Damien simply smiled, offering a small shrug. "I keep myself busy." Of course, that was more in the vein of going through the books that he pulled from the library on a regular basis than something of a more carnal nature, but the rook didn't need to know that at the moment. "Looks like you're the odd one out there, man."

As the comments started to fly about someone saying they didn't want to go he paused, glancing around the room to see who wasn't immediately visible. Seeing a distinct lack of Diamond in the room he sighed, heading towards the door of her room and knocking on it. "Safe for me to come in?"
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby Elsaa » Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:16 pm



CANTOO! *she claimed to whom ever said she could not back out! she could to!!! could SO too!!! .... or.. she could go hiding in her blanket... nopnopnop! could to!*

*But then she peeked at Mindy from over making a tiiiiiiiny 'peeking' opening in her blanket/cape/hiddey hole to ... well peek at Mindy* Ishow tooo much! *watching her.... she fidgeted and whispered*c... can... h.. help you....*and a bit of an eep at the knock as she went back into the blanket/cate/hiddey hole*... uh..... yea?.... i.... if Mindy... i.. is fine too *mean Mindy was there! too*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 820
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby Jakondite » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:26 pm

"School would -never- allow us to wear some of these," Mindy said with a smile. "Neither would the Black King. It's... weirdly nice. And besides, you've got nothing to be embarrassed about. If someone can go like Leone in broad daylight - or night time anyways - in the middle of a cold, rainy day - then I think we're playing it fairly safe."

The door knocked, and there was a bustle of excitement. Lily calls out, "I got it!"

She moves over to the door, as Ross says, "Hey what about the password?"

But it's too late. Door is open - on the other side is Anavel, along with the just-spoken-of Leone, Tyler, and another... unknown face. The individual there had that cross blend between a model, a designer, maybe a wedding planner look going about them? They are carrying their own personal tablet, and as the door opens, they blink and mutter, "Oh dear."

Not that it matters. They are with Anavel, which probably means they are safe.

"Hi Lily!" Anavel says with a smile. She's dressed in a little blue dress, which accents her figure nicely and... actually honestly it is hard to tell the difference between it and her actual skin, except for it's less wet than her skin seemed to be (being made of pretty much water).

"Everyone looks like they are pretty excited," Leone says. She's dressed in some short shorts and a top that... well, pretty much just took care of her breasts leaving her navel and shoulders clearly exposed to the elements. "Mind if we come in?"

"No, not at all!" Lily said, smiling, "And yeah I think we are. It's a bit nerve wracking, but it's our first meetup with most of the people there and well, I think we're eager to try to... connect? I dunno. Anyways, of course you can come in, you guys got us the place your always welcome."

"Thanks," Anavel said, as the three of them walked in.

"Tyler!" Shelby said, practically throwing herself towards the well-dressed cop.

"Hey has someone else been here?" Anavel asks. "Someone who isn't you guys?"




At the same time...

"Seriously, you t--," Ross looked over at Artie, who was grinning up a storm, and shakes his head, laughing, "Man, fuck all you guys. You had me going. I mean I should have known. Artie I could believe got himself a guy, but I know none of the girls here are putting out for YOU Richie."

"I'll have you know, at least two of the girls -in this hallow- have put out for me," Richie said indignantly.

"Bullshit," Ross said, "Who?"

"He was dating Sabrina before we all got taken, don't you remember Ross?" Archie said, adjusting his clothes.

"Really?" Ross looked up, trying to recall. "Holy shit yeah you were, weren't you?"

"Hey how does this jacket look?" Max had settled for less formal, but still fashionable, and had come to where they were talking to try to get into the group dynamic. Little playing cards seemed to stream along his outfit, and his pawn shape overlayed his mein like a shadow.

"Not that bad," Artie says, looking him over.

"Oh hey it looks like Anavel is here," Richie said, looking over in the direction of the three entering the household talking to Lily.

User avatar
fairfolk
Posts: 664
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby fairfolk » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:33 pm

Destiny
Dull Beacon 2| Lethal Mien 2



She turned and headed to Diamonds door and peeked in behind Damien. She smiled "pretty sure we can hem one of the long ones if yours are to showy for you. I dont mind..come on, Diamond. Your one of us now, all for one and one for all. We cant do this without you"

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 568
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:23 pm

Damien Wetherford
Darkling Hunterheart | Wyrd 1 | Presence 3 | Eidetic Memory | Fast Reflexes 1 | Iron Stamina | Lethal Mien | Trained Observer 1
Damien made his way into the room when no protestation from Mindy followed Diamond’s granting of permission, giving the pawn a nod before looking towards the bundle of blankets that the Elemental was cocooned within. ”What Destiny said. We’ll all be there with you, so it’s not like you’ll be going at it alone.”
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 483
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: Homecoming [Attn: Changelings]

Postby Elsaa » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:49 am



*well she was a bundle with a peeking entrance... where only half her face was peeking... one could wonder, do diamond hair frizz? if so... someone WAS going to have to lend a hand with that hair*

bu...bu...but..... e...e... everything ... is.. is visable! and, and, and, and, and.... canIgounderablanket?
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?


Return to “Changeling”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest