The New Monster in Town (Jason Strode, Dagon)

For locations that take place outside of New Haven Proper
Eternal Darkness

The New Monster in Town (Jason Strode, Dagon)

Postby Eternal Darkness » Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:02 pm

The name alone was enough to send chills down the spine of any who might be threatened with being forced to come here. It was never really given a good reputation but then - what Asylum was? It was the madhouse, the place where people sent the people they didn't want to deal with - people too dangerous to be in polite society... and people who knew and saw too much.

From the outside, it's rather beautiful. An estate set upon an Island, composed of multiple wings and centers. The only way to properly reach the Island was by ferry - and the travel off the island had to be ordered. There was never any ships that were not there to pick up a specific doctor or otherwise. Still, despite that - as though they thought the inmates might try to swim to freedom - the entire area still maintains a towering, iron fence which wraps around it - almost as large as the buildings themselves.

The staff were not very enthused by your return - at least, not in it's current capacity. They don't hide it either. They look down on you as much as they always had - not a peer. A patient. The statement that the mad were running the madhouse had become a staple of a joke when his name came up - not that he was 'running' much of anything yet, but who knew? If your ambitions were high enough.
Only two members really seemed interested in your presence here - the Doctor who hired you, and the Doctor who treated you - the latter of which you had not had the opportunity to see since you left. You still remember the cold air that always hung around the man, how he only ever really had his meetings with you after hours. An unusual practice, to say the least.

Your office was in the Northeast Wing. As a new hire, you'd been given a keycard that allowed you access to the staff locations, as well as to every room in that Wing (though you needed a different card for other wings). You were informed never to lose that card, because without it it could be incredibly easy to get locked into one of the rooms. Naturally, the staff did routine checks, but if say you were to be caught in an area after that check? You might be waiting an entire day before they found you.

Jason Strode
Fame 1 (Former Asylum Inmate) | Status 3 (Arkham Doctor) | Satiety: 2 | Condition: Starving
Jason was working the late shift as the resident doctor on-staff tonight, there to attend to any emergencies and patients who needed to be treated after normal hours. He was still amazed at the journey that had brought him back here, the one that led him to put up the facade of a successfully-treated patient and become a doctor himself. He was even more surprised that the asylum had actually accepted his resume when he applied for the position here, but the reasoning became apparent when he thought about it - he was their most prominent success story. Proof that their treatment methods were effective. And now, he was a resident of a different kind. Jason was walking the halls of the asylum, peering down the halls of the northeast wing while the other Doctor peered out through his eyes, making his displeasure known. Jason could feel his disapproval in the form of a burning in his veins as poison welled up in them, ready to seep forth at a moment's notice to administer treatment to anyone who needed it. His horror was hungry, and that needed to be dealt with soon. It was time to find out who'd been misbehaving.

Walking through, you see someone who is not supposed to be in the hallway - an individual who is neither patient, nor doctor, nor any form of staff. And if he is, then you've not seen him in any such capacity - but it's not that fact that really makes the old man resting against the wall stand out.

He's like you. You can see it the moment you lay eyes on his wrinkled old skin. The presence, like looking at a shadow - of a massive, voidless creature of form and shape nearly impossible to define. A fishlike entity, with scales like razors, teeth that seemed like they could fill up this hallway, and tentacles that seemed almost as though they served no purpose. If a scientist were to look at the creature and compose themselves enough, they might question the necessity of many of the functions of this alien creature. The old Makara though, he looks at you - and offers a smile.

Jason Strode
Fame 1 (Former Asylum Inmate) | Status 3 (Arkham Doctor) | Satiety: 2 | Condition: Starving
"I didn't know I should be expecting visitors." Jason smiled at the unknown intruder. He always smiled; the Doctor liked happy patients, after all. "Is this a social call...or did you need my professional services?" Jason kept a respectful and wary distance; not all of the Children were necessarily friendly, after all.

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

"You might call it a social call. A whim, ultimately. The ocean around here stirred just a little more strange than usual - as though it'd found a familiar face." The old man chuckled and then said, "I'll admit I was curious as to which creature had chosen to make its residence here, and if it was intentional."

Jason Strode
"Where else would a doctor do his work except a place with a lot of people in need of healing? I really couldn't have chosen any other place. Besides, the asylum and me know eachother intimately, you know?"

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

There is a soft chuckle, and said, "It is a very interesting location - I will give it that." There is a pause, and he said, "Is there a place we can talk without the chance of passerbys? I would rather not be confused as one of the inmates. Things would become unnecessarily messy if one of the doctors were to try to facilitate me."

Jason Strode
He nodded "The orderlies on duty are probably too busy doing lines in the staff room to even notice, but you've got a point. Follow me to my office." and then he turned on his feel and started back the way he'd come, heading toward the aforementioned office "Suffice it to say, i'm not impressed by the quality of care here."

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

He laughed and then said, "I don't think the 'care' is the point of this little location." He smiled, moving with the other Beast casually - easily, despite his decripid appearing form. "I still remember when there was only one building on this little island. How it's grown with the times..."

Jason Strode
While Jason walked and talked with his unexpected company, the Doctor paced uneasily and assessed the other primordial horror in its vicinity. Not much worried the doctor, and that made Jason smile a little more. They reached the door to his office, a shiny new golden plaque right next to it embossed with 'Dr. Jason Strode' clearly identifying it as his, and stepped inside, closing and locking the door behind them once his guest was in. He took a seat behind his desk in the old leather office chair that had no doubt been used by dozens of residents before him and turned the computer monitor on it sideways to have an unobstructed view, then motioned for his guest to have a seat in the chair across from him. "I get the feeling you didn't just come to say hello. So be straight with me: what's up?" Nobody would ever accuse Jason of beating around the bush; he was as straightforward as a person could be.

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

He chuckled and then said, "You'd be surprised. Sometimes, that's all it is." He grins and said, "When you've existed as long as I have, child - you tend to make it a point to get to know the creatures around you that could be useful, and that could be threats. I felt an entity in the waters around here - probably you as you crossed the ferry - and felt the need to investigate further."

He reached out a hand, which - to other eyes - might seem like an appendage with two claws in strange places and tendrils for fingers - and still the wrong number at that. "They call me Dagon. I own these waters."

Jason Strode
Jason nodded at that and extended his own hand to shake; he'd heard about Dagon, and the monster before him lived up to the stories. "So, the legend himself. No wonder the Doctor's so uneasy tonight."

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

There is a smile, and said, "The Doctor?"

His hand is cold. Not cold as in no body heat, but cold like many old men's hands get because they don't have enough fat there. It's also wet, or oily, or... no, wait... is it?

Jason Strode
"My silent partner." Jason said, slightly unnerved, though he didn't show it. He hadn't had much contact with other Begotten, so he was unprepared for the sensation. "He's a little territorial. I guess we all are in our own ways."

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

The creature watches you for a moment, and then says, "You think there is a difference between you and he?"

Jason Strode
"No, but you believed i did for a second there." Jason's face widened into a rictus grin for a moment, and he let out a laugh that would have chilled the average person's blood. "They say laughter is the best medicine, and im all about administering plenty of that."

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

He paused a moment, and did, actually, laugh. Once he was done, he said, "The Laughing Doctor. I like that. I like that a lot, actually." A smile crosses his face - the same smile shows on the horror, only on half of it. "And you came to this place because... were you born here? Or did the allure of the shadows in this place call to you?"

Jason Strode
"I like you. You've got a good sense of humor." then he thought about the question asked. He didn't know how to really answer it "I go where people need Treatment, and plenty of people here need it in the worst way. Most of the madmen here have staff ID badges, but I plan on cleaning house and putting certain individuals where they belong."

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

"Careful of the bones you trip over on the way." He paused a moment, and said, "Alright then. That is fine then - I will keep note of your presence as you cross my waters. Are you the only of the Mother's children who have found their way here, besides it's locals?"

Jason Strode
"So far as I know. If there's any other family around, i haven't seen hide nor tentacle of them." he thought for a moment, and added "Speaking of bones and water - can i ask you a small favor while you're here?"

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

"You can ask, though all things have a price to be considered."

Jason Strode
"Whatever the price is i'm probably willing to pay it. What i wanted to ask is if you'd make sure anybody who 'accidentally' falls into your waters and goes under doesn't come back up. I'm a forward-thinking kind of monster, and there's a not-inconsiderable chance i might not have any other way to deal with some of the problems i run into here."

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

There is a chuckle, and said, "I can accommodate - though there will be contingencies if it involves our Kin. There are some individuals to which have prior arrangements."

Jason Strode
"If i get into that kind of situation with Kin, then i'm willing to bet you'll be the first one to know about it anyway. And if you need someone to go away for a long time, i'll be happy to make that happen for you. After all, everybody has issues."

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

He nods, and says, "Very well. Do you have a brood?"

Jason Strode
He shook his head "All by my lonesome out here. I wouldn't mind making friends, though. Can't ever have too many of those."

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder

He nods, and said, "Wander the Hive a bit. You will run into a few interesting fellows. We're smaller on the ground than a number of our kin but then..." He smiled, "Humanity always has nightmares, and we - we go as we please." He smiled and said, "I should head back to the ocean. But - if you have any questions I would not hesitate to ask the waters. You never know who might answer."

Jason Strode
"I'll have a look around, then. And learn how to swim." his grin widened "Take care of yourself, old man. And don't be a stranger. "

Chuck Wilde
Makara Elder
"I doubt I will be. There is an individual here who has piqued my interest, so I like to check on him every now and then. The next time I come here, why not take the time to tell me how your legend has grown?" He smiles, and moves to the door

Jason Strode
"I'll make sure i've got some stories to tell you." then he got up himself and went back to making rounds

Return to “Outside the City”