Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

As befitting their coastal location, the Hedge surrounding New Haven is primarily aquatic in nature, with the thorns represented by brackish water filled with hidden wreckage and hungry creatures eventually melding into towering forests filled with sharp brush as one moves farther inland. Some parts of the coastal area do not allow for passage on foot, requiring the traveler to either swim through the 'safe' waters or to have a vessel able to carry them across. A local motley called the Cartographers travels the area regularly, maintaining the maps used by members of the freehold to traverse the area as safely as possible. [Changeling]
Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Jakondite » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Image



Freedom Harbor


Freedom Harbor was an ironic name, given to a port city inside of the hedge around New Haven. It was a small little area - it qualified as one of the Goblin Markets, though it was a small one - owned and operated by an entity that called itself the Ferryman. It called itself that because the center of commerce involved passage to the Azure Seas Trading Company - the large city ship market that otherwise only came once a month. The Ferryman offered an alternative in the form of ships with token passage allowing them to dock to the trade city - but the price of using his ships or his token passage was that on the way there or back, you fulfill a task for them.

You see, Freedom Harbor was a slave city - and the need for the traffic of such trade was always booming. They traded in people, hobs, changelings, as well as in exotic fruit and other materials. Sometimes, the Ferryman used the people who used his ship to get merchandise for him from the Azure Seas - but even when he did, it was the responsibility of the person using the ship to purchase the items. For those new to the market, never let the goblins know that you -have- to buy what they are selling you.

Even in the hedge, New Haven stormed constantly. Here though, the rain is thick, brownnish red, and coagulates and stains clothes if you aren't properly dressed for it. The rain covered the suffering of the oppressed. It camouflaged the whipped backs of the rebellious, the bruises of the abused, and the wrists of those desperate for any other alternative.

Just being in a place like this made Rose hurt: An appropriate thing, given the hedge. With hope as an ideal, she could hardly look at such a location without feeling just a little sick. Without dying, just a little bit on the inside. But the desire to fight was tempered by the knowledge that she would lose - and by losing a fight for this place, she would only create more pain. No - releasing this city would be a later war. Now though, she needed materials and - while she wasn't willing to buy a ship - she was willing to make small purchases here until the new moon came and the trade ship came.

Perhaps... perhaps we can buy one or two of the people?

Cassandra's voice quietly mumbled. There is a consideration to it. It wasn't a thought given to take a slave or two for them - but rather to buy their freedom.

We can't afford it. Almvieg's stern voice said, not without it's compassion for the plight that the sisters had within them. Not unless you want to forfeit the materials needed to connect the Inn properly. Don't forget that while saving one person might do good, the Inn will in the end save hundreds if not thousands of fleeing changelings once it' done.

Don't forget that we are also a prime target for the slavers if we are not careful. Just because they can't take us now, does not mean they aren't waiting for us to leave the market. The fact that Midnight spoke was enough to quiet the rest of them with that observation.

Rose is a beautiful creature. This is a truth that is nearly impossible to hide, even wearing the rags that she'd acquired to try to cover her from the crimson rain. She is an angel in the most literal sense - beautiful golden wings soaked in that bloody texture, her hair now colored like a crimson sun at it's edges rather than the normally golden texture it was usually. Her eyes are a rainbow color with a hint of black flowing within that - they glow in the dark shadows that made up the city, critical of this sickening city. A small spark of light in the darkness.

She wore a black ragged cloak that went over her head, but could not hold all her hair or hide the protective armor she wore, nor the various weapons she had at her sides and hips. At the very least, the weapons were used to the rain - though usually in different circumstances. What's evident is the buckler at her right hand - a blade at each hip. They almost seemed to take on their own shimmering hues, as though each is important for a very different reason.

"Out, out, out!" A vendor calls, a snappish hog of a womanoid thing, holding a prod which seemed laced with memory. Probably painful memories. She used them to prod a small group of people with little golden bands on their neck. She didn't -need- to mind; The gold bands forced people to obey whether they wanted to or not, but she seemed to enjoy making sport of it. Part of their training perhaps. What appears to be a child, no older than seven at the most, falls to the ground before the adults can obey. The vendor stabs her with the spike, and she screams.

No one stops her. The slaves overt their eyes, the vendors just don't care, and the people who are neither have long learned not to stick their necks out. It was one of the rules of the market - you do with the merchandise what you like, and no one is to stop you. Disobeying the market rules in any market was never wise. At least not if you didn't want to become merchandise.

The vendor continues prodding the poor child, screaming about how useless and weak she is. "Stand there. STAND so they can see you! Smile and look pretty." She reaches and grabs the girl by the hair, and sets her on sitting on the stand. The rain washes away any tears she might have, and she smiles and looks almost doll-like, next to the adult forms.

Keep... Walking... Almvieg told rose, though even if it's a thought one can hear the gritting of teeth.

She made her way onward, past the child as the vendor was raising the memory prod again. Almost without thinking, Rose moved between the vendor and the Slave. The Vendor's eyes widened at the sudden and swift movement, and tried to pull the prod back before it connected and...

Sorry, I can't...!


The mind is a fragile thing. One of the most painful tools a person can have is being exposed to their own memories, and that is perhaps the reason that this prod was so effective - it's hard to be reminded of the things that hurt you the most. In this case, she was small - small enough that she stood on the backs of giants. She identifies the substance she's sitting on as her brother - the most important person in her life. He held her on his back while she pointed for him to go forward - laughing. And when they were done, he threw her onto a bed and blew rasberries onto her tummy.

So why, when the prod left Rose's skin, was she crying? Little beads of light fell as she did, her eyes now crimson with rage. The prod leaves her skin, and it's results are camouflaged by the rain. The vendor looks at the Fairest's eyes of rage with what can only be described as abject terror.

"No, I - I didn't mean to! It was for the slave!" She calls out, not to Rose, but through her. Rose turns towards the girl, the little one who she'd instinctively shielded - but it wasn't her that was being looked at either. It was another creature.

The creature that was now looking at them could not be described to have a shape. Really, it was a figure in a cloak - with a darkness not even Rose's light could penetrate. Even Rose herself found herself trembling, looking at the creature - for she identified this realm's master fairly easily. It reached out a hand - bone and flesh, covered in rain, towards the hog vendor.

"No! It's her fault!" She says, screaming and pointing at Rose. "She got in my way!"

The voice does not find mercy. It grabs the hog, and starts to drag her into the streets, as she screamed and kicked in desperation. The bones dragged her through the dirt, like one might drag a bag of trash. Like that same bag of trash, the vendor tore open as she is dragged - bits of filth splashing onto the streets. They are quickly cleaned by small spiderlike hobs and the pieces are dragged into alleyways.

Like many goblin markets, there was a rule against violence between vendor and customer, it seemed.

Rose turned to look to the girl. She wasn't a hob, or a changeling. She was human. Rose tries a gentle smile, and asks very softly - so softly that the angelic tones could only be heard by the girl, "Are you alright?"

The girl sniffs a bit - instantly calming from the sound of Rose's voice - and whispers a hoarse, "Thank you." Then, after a moment of realizing what Rose was, she asked the question that most of the Host was afraid of - the question anyone in her situation might ask.

"Are you here to take me home?"


And just like that - in an instant, Rose had given the girl the most lethal of poisons: Hope. Hope, the very blade which Rose had mastered. She knew now, if she said yes, she would inevitably evoke a riot in the slaves nearby - a desperate desire to be freed, to escape. It wasn't like being bought - that implied new ownership. The girl was asking if Rose was there to free her - and freedom was a thing so desperately craved.

But if she said no... if she said no, Rose would be betraying herself. Rose would be taking the Hope she'd created, and crushing that little ounce of light beneath her heels. It would be worse than if she had done nothing while the vendor struck her - she'd be destroying the girl's very soul. In order for Hope to thrive, in order to make a change, one had to be willing to make a sacrifice - or else stasis remained.

"Yes, sweetie. I'm here to take you home." She said the damning words - and knew that everything was about to change.

Tags:

Colibri
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Colibri » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:46 pm

Freedom Harbor. The very name made Elias want to spit his contempt for the cruel jest of it all - for he knew damn well the whole purpose of the toilet which called itself a port was to host one of the largest fleshmarkets this side of the Hedge.

He hated slavers, he had spent a good term of his long life hunting slavers, and here his hand was stayed because of the damned rules.

Tied up alongside one of the piers was an old steamer tug, the wisps of smoke escaping from its stack an indication of the engines being kept warm and ready to go in a pinch should things go south. The vessel had seen better days, and in truth much violence over the years it had been in Elias' capable hands, and like its master the boat was imposing, scarred, and a survivor. Should one care to look, there was a faded Plimsoll line painted next to one of the deckhouse doors and the name Varangia on its nameboard.

The master of the Varangia was a large man, or half of him was a man. Below his jacket hem a proportioned to man cephalopod body was settled on the deck of the boat, a brown furred tentacle on occaision curling as though it was a tail attached to a curious cat. The Ogre was chewing thoughtfully on the end of a cigarillo as he watched the comings and goings of the marketplace, finding his lower-back hairs rising up in irritation at the sick commerce taking place before him, wanting to do something about it, knowing the rules of the market too well, and tossing the impulsive notion into the mental folder as a bad tactical decision on his part. He had found a binnacle brace that a hob had been looking for and he found himself tapping another tentacle on the deck with a growing impatience.

Noticing the commotion, Elias paused for a moment, then decided that maybe the oh Lord she is beautiful, and it hurts young Changeling would perhaps do well with an offer of escort. He could not remember seeing her face before, he had seen so many over the course of his long life, and like the gentleman the Ogre tried to keep as an active element of his personality, the Waterborn decided to leave his perch and perhaps save the young miss any more problems than she had probably picked up for herself.

Vaulting over the bulkhead, Elias landed on the pier and half scuttled, half slithered towards the unfamiliar Changeling. "Ah...Miss...looks like a bit of difficulty you may be in? Care for an escort away from this deviltry? Have a care, Miss, this ain' an easy place for them who don' visit often, least not without some waysign or compass, eh."

Removing his cap, the Ogre ran a tattooed hand back through the curly reddish-brown mess, then, "Again, forward I see. Try to do a good turn and lose m' manners. I'm Captain Elias, master of that boat there."

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Jakondite » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 am

Rose
Wyrd 5 | Fairest Windwing | Presence 4 | Striking Looks (Advanced) 2 | Enchanting Performance
There was a rising commotion coming from the slaves nearby, as those who had heard the child's question realized that the answer had been -much- different from what they were expecting. It's a quiet kind of uproar, and this many people - at this time, with this many eyes?

You can't save everyone. It's a reality that Rose had come to realize a long time ago.

Unless, you could? She hears Elias address her - and her eyes meet his. Either he was a gentleman or an opportunist, she was not sure - in this location, it was more likely the latter. Someone to keep an eye on her, perhaps? These people were all slaves, but just because the Vendor had accidently broke the rules did not mean they were no longer property - it just meant that the property changed hands.

Another rule of the market: Don't steal.

Rose was thinking some rules are made to be broken, but that didn't mean her would be benefactor did. She smiles to the child, and lets a hand cup her cheek.

"Peace child. I need your patience and your faith. Can you give me that?" This time, Elias can hear her speak. If he had thought her vision blinding, then her voice would be beyond deafening - it would be insensate. It was as though the very sands of time froze in their place to pause and hear her speak. So beautiful was it, that even in this crowd of panicked slaves all seeing an opportunity, it hushed the quell so that they could hear her voice. They could interpret her words, even if they did not know if she meant to save them all or not. Her next words are directed at Elias, her eyes taking a cerulean color, "You would offer safe passage to the Ironside?"

(If Elias accepts, she will seal the promise. Of course, you may spend a glamour to unseal it - or else take a beat for it :) If he does not, well... oh well :p)

Colibri
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Colibri » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Elias Wakefield | Ogre/Waterborn | Wyrd 4 | Seelie/Beaumayne | Pre 2


The voice was that of an angel. Elias was a long ways distance from what he would call heaven, but....if she is one of the heavenly host, maybe I could consider cleaning up m' act.

"Would consider it, what with that hog witch bein'....eh. Don't like to think much about what happens with them and that draws a look from the wrong sorts. I ask this one question of you, Miss -- did anything change hands between you two?"

Oh say no, it did not and let me hear that voice again.

He looked at the young girl, and for a moment a glimmer of pity revealed itself in his blue eyes, but only for a moment. In this place such a gesture of humanity would certainly be looked upon oddly - slaves were slaves and no desire for further trouble - and if he had the answer he sought, there would be plenty of time to see that she was made warm and safe and fed aboard the Varangia if he had to take on the whole waterfront himself.

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Jakondite » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:58 pm

Rose
Wyrd 5 | Fairest Windwing | Presence 4 | Striking Looks (Advanced) 2 | Enchanting Performance
"Nothing more than what got her sent to the Ferryman." She said calmly, tapping her side where the prod had struck. The rain would camouflage it, but if you looked you could see the pierced flesh hidden in the bloody rain. It was only a flesh wound - it was the memory that hurt more.

Though why, that was something Rose might have to ask the girl herself. Later.

Colibri
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Colibri » Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:27 pm

Elias Wakefield | Ogre/Waterborn | Wyrd 4 | Seelie/Beaumayne | PRE 2


Elias studied the injury for a moment like unto our Savior who bled for our salvation then nodded. "A fair price has been paid, the Wyrd smile on you in its favor this day."

He looked over at the other wretches who may or may not have been as fortunate as the Angel's charge, and after a bit of going back and forth with his inner self one word came to mind. Manumission. It was a word that he could remember from his previous life as a scholar, and one way, perhaps, to not leave the now-forfeited by the hog-hob witch at the tender mercies of market opportunists. Glancing over at the whimpering and fidgeting slaves, he was damned if he wasn't going to at least make a move and work it out later if...if he could carry back at least a few if he was lucky. If the gods smiled then perhaps the whole lot would have a chance.

"Them...." he said softly to the wondrous Changeling "...let me make my play and do what I can for them. Play along, then, Miss. Your charge, 'til we get shut of this place, has ta' remain silent. Do that for me in return for safe passage?"

If he was going to make a move, it had to be now. Removing a cigarillo from his shirt pocket and clenching it unlit between his teeth, the sea-horror Ogre scrambled up a stack of crates in a flurry of powerful tentacles. "Right then....YOU LOT!! SHUT IT." He pointed towards the group of slaves, then, "SEEMS TO ME THAT OVER THE COURSE OF SOME BAD BUSINESS AN' THE OWNIN' PARTY HAS BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THE TRADE, SOME MERCHANDISE inwardly Elias' stomach churned as he used those words BEEN LEFT ADRIFT ON THIS PIER. BEIN' AS THAT THE INJURED PARTY HAS INDICATED NO INTEREST IN THE REMAINDER OF THAT LOT AS SPEAKER OF THE FIRST WORD TO HER I CLAIM SALVOR RIGHTS OVER THAT GANG O' WRETCHES AS BEING UNCLAIMED GOODS!" He paused for a moment, his hands on what would have been his man-hips and one tentacle curling towards his audience in a pointing gesture. "ANYONE? AGAIN, IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE RULES OF MARKET FORFEITED PROPERTY CAN BE CLAIMED. MAGISTER! IS ONE ABOUT TO SEAL THIS CLAIM?"

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Jakondite » Sat Jun 10, 2017 5:28 pm

Rose
Wyrd 5 | Fairest Windwing | Presence 4 | Striking Looks (Advanced) 2 | Enchanting Performance | Elegant Protection | Blessing of Protection


Silence? Did he seriously just set a price for our -silence-? Almvieg's seemed to find offense in that request. She almost took over Rose's body to give a piece of her mind, if not for the restraint of the other parts of her in that instance.

Hush, you. I want to see where this goes - and it's alright to ask a price. Tis the market, after all - could work in our favor. Cassandra replied, holding the soul back from control. Inside, Almvieg grumbled and it was somewhat amusing to Rose - least, till Elias started shouting.

Rose might have winced, as she heard Elias claim the remaining slaves. Nothing was ever -quite- so simple as that, was it?

The air went cold, and a violent wind picked up. It caused rain to splash heavily against the skin and face, and Rose's wing outstretched to protect her face and the girl from the gust. A word is spoken on the wind, giving the reply of the owner of this market. The voice in the wind is raspy, almost aching - like that of an old man approaching his - or her - deathbed.

"The Ferryman will have his due. Come see him."

The Vendors, whose attentions he seems to have gathered, seem to be... laughing? One of them points Elias towards the center of Freedom Harbor - it was a good walk, but it wouldn't be hard to find the owner of the market.

Rose started to weave magic while Elias kept the attentions of the Vendors. A few protective charms, but when cast by him they were blessings with incredible power behind them. She held herself like the noble she was, breathing in - and let her enchantments weave their way over her sword, and one of the guns, and herself should she be able to avoid all of that. The excessive amount of magic quickly left her feeling drained - and she leaned forward and whispered to the girl - so soft that even a whisperwisp might have difficulty hearing. Hopefully, that wasn't enough to draw Elias' ire, given that his cost was silence.

Whispered: "Keep note of this man's ship. If all goes well, we will take you out of here without incident. If it doesn't... well, if you hear me singing, I want you to run for his ship as fast as you can. Take who you can. Convince him to set sail - I will catch up. Can you do that?"

The girl started to swell - with hope, and trust. Two deadly, deadly tools which could destroy her as swiftly as her own innocence. That response was what Rose needed - she breathed in, the scent of it and the taste of it - like a bittersweet fruit, just plucked a bit too early to be called ripe. As Rose takes the glamour, the girl's determined shoulders slump just a bit, as fear and doubt overtook her very evidently. She was trembling, but she nodded.

Rose blessed the child for that. A small favor given to someone she'd only just met, after all - and knew the child would run like she'd never run before, if it required.

I'm so sorry, sweetheart. You need all the hope you can get, but if we have any hope of this - I will need my strength as well. I only hope this is a suitable payment for your sacrifice.

(ST Note: Rose Expends 12 Glamour, and Harvests 6 - 12, if the Changeling ST says that Blessing of Perfection's Bonus can work towards it. The human slave child loses 1 willpower. Also, with a Wits + Composure roll, Elias can probably hear what Rose told the girl.)

All the Dice Rolls (Like... 6 Actions here, but assuming that very little can / will be done to stop it? If that's a problem, will parse them through forum posts and make the catched one reflexive):
Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 4:45 pm
Jakondite has rolled an Blessing of Perfection roll (11 dice), getting 4, 10, 10, 2, 7, 7, 10, 5, 10, 4, 5, 4, 5, 8, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 5 successes.
Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 4:46 pm
Jakondite has rolled an Elegant Protection roll (12 dice), getting 4, 6, 4, 1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 4, 9, 4, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 1 success.
Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 4:52 pm
Jakondite has rolled an Blessing of Perfection roll (11 dice), getting 9, 3, 6, 4, 1, 8, 9, 9, 2, 4, 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 4 successes.
Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 4:53 pm
Jakondite has rolled an Blessing of Perfection roll (11 dice), getting 6, 6, 10, 7, 7, 6, 8, 9, 3, 4, 4, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 4 successes.
Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 4:53 pm
Jakondite has rolled an Harvest (Hope) roll (10 dice), getting 9, 1, 3, 1, 7, 10, 2, 6, 3, 7, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 3 successes.
Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 4:54 pm
Jakondite has rolled an Harvest (Hope - Rote) roll (8 dice), getting 8, 3, 9, 4, 6, 8, 7, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 3 successes.
Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 5:06 pm
Jakondite has rolled an Blessing of Perfection (Catch Invoked - Childs Shoes) roll (11 dice), getting 10, 3, 9, 4, 7, 10, 7, 5, 2, 2, 6, 9, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 4 successes.

Bonus - Rolls to be determined by ST:

Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 5:19 pm
Jakondite has rolled an (Bonus Dice to Harvest from Elegant Protection) roll (5 dice), getting 5, 9, 1, 8, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 2 successes.
Management:
0 | 06/10/2017 5:19 pm
Jakondite has rolled 3 dice, getting 10, 8, 10, 9, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Jakondite has 4 successes.

Colibri
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Colibri » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Elias Wakefield | Ogre/Waterborn | Seelie/Beaumayn | Wyrd 4 | Pre 2


Taking a deep breath, Elias found himself wondering if he had pulled off his attempt to remove the slaves from the marketplace locals' grabbing appendages or fuck me but he's involved now. The Ferryman had noticed.....and demanded a price. Running his hand back through his hair, the Ogre nodded an agreement to the unseen and took a moment to slip down from his pulpit and make his way pierside to the Varangia. A few quick words and an exchange of nods with the Silverback Beast who was leaning against the deckhouse bulkhead, the Beast vanished and quickly returned carrying a large box which he handed over the side to Elias. Hopefully the contents of the box were abstract enough to take the Ferryman's opinion as a decent sort of trade. Tracing the lettering Tar : Penobscot Bay on the worn surface of the container, Elias felt himself shudder slightly at the memory of bringing up that saturated trinket.

Making his way back to the Angel and the girl, Elias nodded towards the direction of the Ferryman's holding, then, "We gotta go. The slaves too. Now, things go bad don't worry about me. Just get to the boat and hopefully you'll be safe." He took a deep breath, then, "Won' lie, never dealt with the Ferryman, but his agents for gettin' a harbor token. The locals are probably laughin' cause they get to watch me drag and pull along to get there. Don' give em a second glance."

Clutching the box, he looked up at her, then, "Shall we go?"

As he waited for the two to make their decision, he raised a hand, then, "Beggin' your pardon, but, couldn't help but hear a bit of word exchange a moment ago. Am I missin' somethin'?

:
Elias Wakefield has rolled an Wits 2 + Composure 2 roll (4 dice), getting 1, 8, 3, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Elias Wakefield has 1 success.

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 476
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Jakondite » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Rose
Wyrd 5 | Fairest Windwing | Presence 4 | Striking Looks (Advanced) 2 | Enchanting Performance | Elegant Protection | Blessing of Protection
Rose let out a soft smile, her eyes swirling with a myriad of color. The voice spoke louder, and you can almost feel it - it's like a lover's breath against your skin, "I suspect you and I are of similar mind, sir. That is all."

The words weren't a lie - Rose's words to the girl were much the same as Elias had said to her. If things go well, we can leave without a hitch. If things don't, then move as fast as you can and don't worry about me. Their thoughts aligned, but Rose wondered at what escape plan Elias might have for when this went south. Their thoughts aligned, but so far their plans differed.

That was no surprise though. She had no clue what his strengths were - physically, emotionally, or morally, so couldn't account for him in what might be an upcoming battle. Hell, she didn't even know if his ship was armed, so if things went that direction she had to account for plans to make sure that the ship could survive faerie cannon fire - it would not do to sink trying to flee. The same could be said of his perspective - all he knew of her was what was obvious.

"If it's all the same to you, sir. I would like to come with you to see the Ferryman."

Colibri
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Rocking the Boat (Rose Mood / Open)

Postby Colibri » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:12 am

Elias nodded, then in a low tone of voice, "Never took the easy way, and by God I ain' seein' anything hopeless just yet. You alive, you got hope." He turned a thumb towards the group of slaves that were currently in his custody. "They're still alive, so there's hope for 'em. But I ain' tippin' my hand an' lettin' 'em get noisy for it. 'Sides, I may have somethin' right here in this box that the Ferryman will give a nod to."

He studied Rose for a moment, then, "Been a few things in m' life I ain' proud of, an' when a moment comes to do somethin' to make up for it, then, who am I to argue it? An' I ain' opposed to havin' company on this trip."

He looked over at the slaves, then, "Start movin', you. Gotta make sure this claim is legal an' all that."


Return to “The Hedge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest