A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

It just is. They never try to remove it and they rarely even acknowledge its there. They certainly -haven't- bothered to do much exploring of it the land is treacherous. Occasionally, the light house will fail in the gulf storms and a new ship will be lost to the grave yard. They have found their final resting place since before the civil war. And those who dare look into it, those who have peered to closely to the whispers of what lie beneath say a lot of the trouble started here.
Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby Jakondite » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:12 pm

Tradition was inviolate. The Council of the City of New Haven held few meetings meant for the entire city - most were meetings held to abdicate one or more awakened parties and to ease negotiations between them, or to organize the various positions in the city to deal with outside threats or inside. On the rare occasion that it did call for each member of the pentacle in the city to be there, it usually meant that there matters that involved the city - things that, if not known, could be deadly to the Awakened - or to the families of the Awakened.

Tonight was one such night. The Heralds had passed word to each Cabal, letting them know when the gathering would be held and summoning the Sentinels specifically - a sign that they may well be needed in the coming moments. Like many gatherings, it was set close to midnight on the night of the full moon, within the Consilia Sancta.

The Consilia was at once one of the easiest and hardest places to get into for those who knew where it was. Located properly, the Consilium was underwater - in the middle of a set of ruins located deep beneath the Ship Graveyard, Atlantean in nature. It was the case of study for many Mysterium (really, many Mages in general), but if you entered the ruins mundanely you would not find yourself within the Consilium Sanctum, but in a Labyrinthine Ruins that would put many Indiana Jones movies to shame. Likewise, teleporting into it was not an option either - any attempt at spacial magic from within the ruins outward, or outward to within the ruins, fails every time.

Newly Awakened, or those who were trusted to meet with the Council, were often shown to strange anomalies - signs on the walls that didn't register to Peripheral or Active mage sight, but were visible to the mundane eye as unique scratch marks or blotches - and to the Focused Sight as runes - different for each sight. By following the Runes, one eventually would become lost - and unwittingly walk through an Iris that lead to the Consilium proper.

Walking through the Iris lead to the entrance room of the Consilium proper. The inside of the Ruins are made of a black metal which doesn't appear to be anything of this earth - completely indestructible, completely immune to magical tampering. It leads to a room which is very obviously a council room - a number of seats line the walls, with the sigils of each Cabal. There were more sigils than Cabals which actually claimed the Council room - the Assembly's Cabals sigils were there too, even if they were always empty.

The majority of the crowd is Sleepwalkers and Proximi, guided here by their Awakened masters. For every Awakened member there, there were three proximi, and for every proximi there were three sleepwalkers. It wasn't easy to tell automatically who was Awakened and who was the assistance - that was usually determined by how one deferred to the others, or from the use of powers, or from familiarity with the Awakened themselves.

The largest group was the Seventh Circle, sporting numbers in the hundreds. It was known that there were seven leaders of the cabal itself, though only six seemed to be there tonight. The people who deferred to them were all very quiet and reserved - people with cold eyes, calculating minds. Most seemed to have an air of magic on them, but were likely Proximi rather than full Awakened.

Below them in number, but higher in quality, is the Houses of Ellyon, whose Sigil consisted of each House's Sigil - Ellyon's on top, Aurelius to the left bottom, and Ryujin to the right bottom in a trinity design. While they didn't host as many members as the Seventh Circle - closer to fifty or so - , most of the members here were full blown Awakened rather than the Half-Awake.

The seats for the Primal Shadows are empty, as are the seats for the Independents, but even if they were here their spot doesn't take up much mass. The Seats for Synesthesia, the cabal that seemed to be at odds with the massive goliath that is the Seventh Circle, holds a handful members there rather than the full entourage - Azure and Onyx, as well as a few Sleepwalkers.

The smallest Cabal and the emptiest was the Silver Coin, though the seating suggested it should be a lot larger. At the very plain sigil, all by her lonesome, sat Grimalkin in her teenage form, boredly playing with a pen while she waited for the Council to begin sending out dictates and making it's business known.

At the farthest end of the room was a seat that sat five - the Councilmen proper. They held no Cabal Sigil, but the Sigil of the Consilium itself at their seat. In the center sat Archimedes, the young Heirarch - and each individual Councilor to his left and right. They seemed to be discussing things, but their words did not cross through the din of the room.

For the moment, it was simply a time to talk among yourselves until midnight stroke. Many mages, proximi, and sleepwalkers took their time to get accustomed to faces they didn't know. The Awakened in particular used this opportunity to try to set up deals, work in theories as to what might be going on, or barter for the use of certain artifacts for the study of some grand Mystery or another. Sometimes, the Mystery was even the very room they stood in.

Tags:

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby Elsaa » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:01 am



*The kid walked in with House Ryujin. He was simply quiet, dressed in black from head to toe, though he did wore better clothes that he ever wore in another life, thanks mostly to a pesky sister and a ... wife... alright he was still wrapping his mind around that one. So you could say he specifically was walking right next to a girl. Violet eyes kept looking around, analyzing all, and everything. His movements were clearly precise, meant to save energy ready for anything at any second. But he was quiet as a shadow, uncomfortable of being walking so openly, a part of him felt rather odd, rather out of place, missing.... something. Of course, whether it be noticeable or not he kept quite a wary eye on the seventh circle, like if he knew the vipers that hid among their mysts... and how rotten even inch of their skin was. He also.... kept looking around, for something*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

User avatar
fairfolk
Posts: 578
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 1:45 am

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby fairfolk » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:28 am

Lockdown

The fact that she as a sentinel was summoned made her hurry to the consilium. She liked this place, it was..well a neat mystery. But one she could look at later, tonight she was ready to deal with whatever she was called for.

Which she suspected looked like a shadow with tentacles and hit really hard. Or at least she hoped it did.
She came with the Wyld hunt, Leviathan and the Immortal near by.







Gemini
Striking Looks 2|Equipment: Fashion +3


She came with Smoke and Mirrors, orion and kelvin.
This place was one she could spend hours in and they actually had to pull her away from one of the walls to go into the meeting room

User avatar
Elsaa
Posts: 288
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:00 am

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby Elsaa » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:47 am



*She came in with the Wyld Hunt, moving closer to Cross and Lockdown than anyone else. A Metting of Magi.. they ALL gathered? ALL of them? without fighting each other? She... seemed confused about this concept of Meeting, but she came on along, quiet. She was quite the sight walking with Cross, one huge, the other quite petite, she could even been mistaken with a child if you dind't look close, her golden hair held back in a complicated braid, she wore jeans, and a long sweater, which sleeves she kept over her knuckles, effectively covering herself completely, it also looted to be, somewhat big for her small frame.*
riddle for mortals... or riddle for gods...?

Jaling
Posts: 458
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2016 1:00 am

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby Jaling » Sun Nov 13, 2016 1:15 am

Orion
Presence 1 | Mage Sight | Mage Armor: Space | Armor: 1/3 | Active Magic | Status: GotV 3 | Occultation 3
It was time to start playing a little nicer with the Concilium. Specifically the council, but others about had their benefits too. He had played Emissary before and even knowing the issues that came with it, there were benefits. So he meticulously dressed in one of the nicer suits he had at the sanctum and rode with the cabal to the Concilium for the meeting. Excuses given to other obligations he had for his absence.

The Concilium always brought one thing to mind when he first saw it. False Atlantas. No one had made claim that it was a new one yet, but he was sure that was the feel the Silver Ladder was going for. Including mysterious runes one would have to stare at for hours and entrance Awakened like his cabal mate he had to stop and wait for. A look given to Kelvin, knowing it was a Mysterium trait, and Gemini's in particular.

Once they made their way in, Orion stuck close to the cabal. Lingering a step back to let Gemini captivate some of the lesser willed Awakened and company.
Presence 3 | Mage Armor: Life | Active Magic
She might not be in a cabal, or an Order yet, but her sister supported the Pentacle so she would too. At least in that she would show up to things like this. Even though she usually wore intentionally ragged jeans, shirts and shoes most of the time, she knew how to dress up and did so when she did bother to show. Wearing a snug green dress that stopped a couple inches short of the knees with a slit over the chest. Hair still done up off her shoulders, but with some added style and heels giving her those couple of inches she needed. There was a feral grace about her that she walked with confidently. There were plenty of larger predators about, but she wouldn't let them smell fear on her.
Fortune cookie say: "Avoid compulsively making things worse."

User avatar
QuicksilverFox85
Posts: 340
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:11 am
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:17 am

Magnus
Presence 2 | Wits 5 | Gnosis 1 | Active Magic: Augment the Mind
As a solitaire Magnus did not have a group to enter with, slipping in with another group of consilium members and taking a moment to appreciate the place the meeting was held. The fact that it was underwater rang the same bell in his mind as it did for Orion, bringing a wry smirk to his face, but for the moment that was filed away in his mind as his focus turned towards watching the people in the room. Blue-grey eyes watched as those gathered mingled, getting an idea of social connection and pecking order before he properly started to mingle himself.

One couldn't be without a cabl forever, after all, and among the gathered Awakened here he had to find someone he was able to work with...or at least he hoped as much.


Kelvin
Presence 2 | Gnosis 2 | Active Magic | Active Attainments
Kelvin arrived with Gemini and Orion, giving the meeting place a curious look as he went. While he wasn't the most stereotypical mystigogue ever he was still interested in unwinding mysteries, and this place was an interesting one.

The Moros gave nods to those that he knew but stayed with his cabalmates, keeping an eye on the goings on in the room as he went.


Leviathan
Presence 2 | Dexterity 5 | Gnosis 2 | Active Magic | Active Attainments
An evening of blah-di-blah and dealing with the usual political drivel...oh goodie goodie bloody gumdrops.

Leviathan came, of course, because his cabalmate was a sentinel and she had to come as well, but it didn't mean he was going to enjoy it. The place was a pretty solid set up, he had to admit, and the sheer number of people for a city this small was impressive. Now to see exactly how long this mess dragged on...
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby Jakondite » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:18 am

Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
It wasn't the first time that she'd come to the Consilium, but it's certainly more alive tonight than it was the night that she met Moment and Grimalkin. There are so many people here, it's almost like the place has a pulse. She can feel the weight of magic in the area - multiple mages with various effects on their own person. Cross had his own too, and if she took the time to study it or ask she'd learn it was empowerment magic, things to strengthen him. She was permitted to use her own magics here as well - spells to make her feel safe, as long as she wasn't directly attacking the other mages.



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*Well... she did ask Cross, oddly enough she felt like she could ask him anything, if shyness made her pause many times, she actually did ask him more than anyone else. she also lingered closer to him wtihout thinking, keeping her hands closed over the sleeves of the sweater to avoid it from riding up and showing any of her scars. She... she hadn't... done anything, because she wasn't sure... what to do yet... maybe shileds? a shield? maybe...?

And she kept looking around, half curious, half scared, and three quartes wanting to find a place to hide*



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
Unfortunately for Constantine, Shielding practices were outside Constantine's purview. Oh she could watch them, and if she wanted Cross would put some on her to keep her safe, but the power of shielding was outside her for the moment. Learn enough Prime, however and she could protect herself from Magic, according to Cross.

As they wait, one of the members in the consilium approaches them. He's an ageless appearing man - young, but with peppered hair and glasses. He's dressed in a suit, very powerful in appearance. As he approaches, he lets out a smile, and says, "Is this the one from the other world?"

Even in the dim hum, they can hear him speak as though he is right next to them



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*Well no, she would not ask, she did not want to be a bother.... she was... burdering enough as it was... so nop. She just looked then around, trying to stay still, like a proper lady would, not fidget, back stragith, hands closed over her sleeves, and oh Lumiere this was ocnfusing. Magi gathering under hding, and ALL of them! She would have been about to ask something to Cross, but the man aproached and she did't, instead going quiet, then blinking at his question.... ah... hand't Cros said sh should not speak about that?!

SO she looked to Cross, then to the man, then to Cross, like asking him... what she should say!?*



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Aristotle, How nice to see you," Cross said with a cordial smile. He looked to Constantine, and then to Aristotle, "We didn't exactly advertise that. Who told you?"

"I have my contacts. You do as well," He said with a charming smile. He looked to Constantine and extended a hand, "As the Immortal said, I am Aristotle. It is a pleasure to meet you, Ma'am."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*Shaking hands, like men did, it was still odd, but she had seen it now enough times, so... she took it, after a small hesitation, peering to Cross to see if he seemed worried about this man knowing, or not, then back to ... ARistotele* a... ITs a pleasure to make your acquantanse sir *she said, softly*



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
Cross laughed for a moment, and leaned forward to murmur in her ear, "You forgot to introduce yourself."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*She blinks, blinks, blushing hard, and vislby as she looks down for a moment, before she offers the man a small courtsey, more visible than any other time in which she has halted herself* pardon... I I am M *she pressed her lips for a second, then smiled .. or tried to* I'm Constantine

Veiled Words:
Aristotle and Cross has rolled an Veiled Words (Down and Dirty Spellcasting) roll (5 dice), getting 8, 6, 1, 8, 9, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Aristotle and Cross has 3 successes.




Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
He let out a soft laugh and then said, "The pleasure is all mine, Constantine." He smiled, letting out a small motion with his hand and speaking with words of High Speech. She recognizes this one, partially. Shield? Ward? Something like that. Maybe Secret? Learning a whole new language was hard when you didn't have the full pressure put on you by your school. But she had the core idea of the language on her mind, even if she couldn't fully understand it when she was in the Wormwood Schools. The word is accomanied by the sensation of magic, the symbol quickly writing itself from the supernal to the fallen.



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*she tried a smile again, sheepish, faux that was a complete faux, then she heard the words... Hich Speech, she would be expected to be prominent withint month at her school... here... she felt so lost, she still paid attention, it was hard not to, and then blinking at the sensation, for a brief moment looking around for... the effect? what had that been*



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"There. You said that this was not common knowledge - you'll forgive me a little curiousity though, hm?" Aristotle smiled with the charming smile that was all his.

"I suppose I'll have to," Cross said with a shrug, and then said, "I would appreciate a little discretion, however."

"Oh don't worry, no one knows. Well, except the proper Consilium authorities, the people who need to be aware of our security and all that." Aristotle said, shrugging.

"So... everyone, basically." Cross retorted. "Figures."

Aristotle shrugged and then said, "Word travels through the grapevine. You barter with secrets every day, though the value of this particular one is still worth a little bit of gold. If you keep the girl all to yourself and don't share in the study of the mystery, though - it may cause people to become jealous."

"We have her under Sanctuary," Cross said.

"Yes, of course. Extended Sanctuary, until such time that she can stand on her own two feet in our world, I imagine. And it's applaudable - frankly, noble in my opinion. But should you not have her meeting with the other members of the orders? Other cabals? Hiding in your Sanctuary will do her no favors if she doesn't expand beyond that."

"Don't bullshit a bullshitter, Aris. You just want her to go about talking about her world so that you can get more information." Cross smirked.

"Why I never," Aristotle said, making a mock movement of his hands to his chest, and grinning devilishly, "Guilty as charged. I must say I am painfully curious as to the whole affair."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*Aaaaaaaaaaaand she practually stared for a moment from one to the other, blinking at the 'study of the mystery' like SHE was the mistery? what about them!... well yea right she dind't think one of them would do any way near better in her world, they'll be asked a gaziliion questions and taken from spies of another shcool... or something.. which made this... odd... like a fight, just with words, from one group with another? Cross with Aristoteles? she pressed her lips tightly when it was sugested of her to go out and meet others, nhu uh! she nearly, almost moved to hide behind Cross, like a little girl, but she made herself stay perfectly still, in place, like a lady would, she hmmed softly, aslmot staying quiet, and letting them go on, but she... did end up whispering* th... they -are-... giving me Sanctuary ... uh.. sir *well they WERE, and hleping her understand!*



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Well of course, Miss Constantine. I mean no harm - and in fact don't wish to pull you away from the careful care of the Primal Shadows. However - I do think it would do both you - and the Primal Shadows - good if you were to take a step away from the cabal for a moment - just to talk with one of the brighter minds of the other groups. You might find people of a like mind, you know."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*uh! what?! oh Lumiere! she just coulnd't help but feel dread, not to be with Cross.. or Lockdown near, or to be alone with someone else... male... she dind't know, her hands moved, pulling slightly on the sleeves of the sweater* now? *well her voice was.. honestly slightly childish, truth be told, like scared little girl who has already gotten lost once*



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Oh of course not, miss Constantine - not unless you prefer it. Here is a Consilium meeting and a matter of a great many of our number. So many with curious eyes - all the more curious because of the spell I put to ward our words, we cannot trust that such a conversation would be private now, could we? Hm?" He wiggles his eyebrows a bit, before saying, "I am merely stating that it would be indeed wise and prompt to seek out others besides the ones you claim Sanctuary with, in order to learn more about our way of life, our ideologies, and our patterns." He looked to Cross, and said, "I trust it would be no trouble if she sought to learn in such a way from one of ours?"

"No, not at all - so long as she is willing," Cross said, smiling. "It would be good for her to get out and learn more about the world around her, but it would also be good for us to be patient as well."

"Time waits for no man - or woman as the case may be. While kept under Fosterage, I can assure you none of mine would be so crass as to put one in harms way," Aristotle says with a smile.

"Not intentionally anyways," Cross said.

"Oh heavens no. And, lacking any mystical affairs I can assure you that unintentionally she would be just as safe - at least with ours. I of course cannot speak for the other, less savory characters wandering about these parts, now can I?" He shrugged and then said, "Well. Charmed, I'm sure - even now I find my curiousity blinding in the young woman before me - ever the beautiful one. And the accent from one who claims no origin to our own world. Parlez vous Francais?"



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*She pressed her lips together for an instant, go with this man, alone? it made her feel panic, she was aware is was panic to the unknown, specially with what... unkown meant, it was curiosity as well, but her fear was winning, she looked up to Cross then to Aristotele, she knew enough not to be rude though, so very softly she does say* but... I... Cross could acompany me, right?

*And a blink, looking at him, she clearly did not expected to hear her mother tongue in this world, visibly so, even if she had alreayd heard the word... French, asked towards her, she pressed her lips again, saying softly* oui Messiere.



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Of course. I'd not be so crass as to request time alone with such a lady, as charming as she might be." He smiled to her, and then said, "Ah! Comment curieux. Est-il appele francais?"



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*she held back a breath of relieve, she was NOT ready to be alone with anyone, it scared her, even if she was aware not everyone meant her harm... she.... her hands moved, rubbing her arms slightly, sometimes, she thought she could feel the scars there even as she rubbed them, over the sweater, it was a silly thought, but it made her feel... self conscious and awkward* Mercy Messiere *then she shook her head, looking a moment down, then back up, blushing just slightly* Luminaire



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Ah. Langue de la Lumiere? La Lumiere est-elle une partie importante de votre culture?" He asked, smiling.

Cross cleared his throat, and then said, "Speaking out of tongue is rude with other company, you know."

"Ah, my apologies Immortal - I didn't mean to offend. As I said before, I am a curious man - and it is quite a curiousity that two tongues should be the same with no known connection between the two - unless, of course, there is a connection that we ourselves are not realizing?" He looked to Constantine, and then said, "Tell me, demoiselle - why do you think that the two languages are connected in such a way?"



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*She blushed hearing Cross, with a very soft* sorry...

*and a hmm, frowning, she had not thought about it, never the less.... it was... extrangely easy to make a connection...* Because Lumiere's Light shines everywhere. *well ... it did*



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Perhaps. Perhaps. But - here is the real question. Is the language which you speak the only language in which is mirrored here, on this side - and if so, how does the language of light connect other, different and varied languages?"



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*she.. blinked, shaking her head slightly* I do not know if other languages are connected.... I?m.. not sure... but Light goes everywhere, is permeates and Blesses all



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
He nodded and then said, "How interesting. I must wonder more at your culture."

"It wouldn't be free," Cross said watching Aristotle.

"Oh of course. Secrets are never free, after all. They deserve trade," He paused and then said, turning to Constantine, "How advantageous your position, that you would have a wealth of free knowledge of our world at your disposal, but you would be the only one of yours to date for us to discuss with?"



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*She looked up to Cross, then to Aristotle... she couldn't avoid but to think on the fire, nop.. no advantageous at all....She pressed her lip* I... don't consider myself so advantegous Messiere....



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Oh but you are," Aristotle exclaimed.

"Secrets are currency in our world, Constantine. People are going to be as curious about Wormwood as you are about this world, and often are willing to trade information regarding it. Just... be sure to hold tight to your secrets unless you know they are worth what's being given." Cross said, leaning to Constantine.



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*She looks from Aristotle to Cross again... secrets... schools held their own secrets, but that was more a matter of war then... currency... well kinda.... she frowns, but nods slowly, they were confusing her!* okay...



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Has the Primal Shadows taken the time to explain the Orders to you?" Aristotle asked. "I understand the three of them are Adamantine Arrow - but I have a vast collection of ties to the other facets of the diamond - and, if truly required I might be able to get my hands dirty to contact one or two of the Libertines, if you -truly- wished to learn of the multitudes among us. But all in all, we have a plethora of information that could be traded with ease."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*She.. nodded to the man, Cross had explained the ORders to her, and she did looked up to him, and back to ARistotle, her head tilting somewhat* the facets of the diamond?



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Right. The orders," Cross said, looking to her.

Aristotle nodded, and then said, "Indeed. I'm sure you've heard the basics of everything, but getting a more in depth explanation of it all would be to your best advantage."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*She presses her lips tightly again, uncertain if by saying he is right she is agreeing to something she is not away of, so ... after looking again from one to the other she tries a gentle, slighlty nervious smile* ah... I... Could I contact you later on that? *mean that way she can ask Cross without being rude and asking right now... or looking too unsure... or... ah.. so confussing, this world was so confussing*



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Oh of course. And speak with your other members, make sure they are okay with it. But - if you would like to schedule a meeting for such a social gathering, it could be here again or you would be welcome to come to my Sanctum and we could talk further about it all." He smiled and then said, "I have a calling card if you'd like to check it out."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*She nodded with another soft smile, her head tilting just some* a calling card?



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"Why yes." He smiled and offered her a card, and said, "Give it a call - or have one of the Primal Shadows call for you. We can arrange a meeting."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
*she... took it, blinking at the littel rectangualr paper? did this work like their phones too? it didn't buss with magic like the ambers, didn't feel electrical like the phones... so she... uh.... nodded? maybe you just had to say the numbers outloud? she kept turning it over in her hands* thank you Mesiere.



Striking Looks

Cross
Gnosis (Powerful) | Status (Arrow) 4 | Giant
"OF course," He said, "It was a pleasure speaking with the both of you. Enjoy your evening."



Constantine
Initiate | Graceful | Striking Looks 2 | Shy
You too Mesiere *she looked to him, and almost offered another courtsey, but she caught herself this time, aware they ddn't do it like that here*

User avatar
JupiterJones
Site Admin
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:59 pm

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby JupiterJones » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:23 am



It was her first 'official' entry intothe Consilium, so she was dressed appropietly, but kept quiet as she observed those already there.. trying to figure out where she stood.. and who she should be wary of.

InkFox
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:00 pm

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby InkFox » Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:03 am

Vedis
Gnosis 2 | Willpower 5 | Wisdom 7 |


The small woman slowly made her way in looking around. She took her time eyeing all of the markings upon the wall as she moved which meant that it took forever for her to actually get to the meeting. Some of those gathered had to do a double take as she walked in because she looked exactly like another who had all ready arrived! Wait...there was one small change her bangs were done differently but that was the only way that one could tell the two apart. She blinked moving around not speaking to anyone as she moved. She studied the people about as well though her eyes seemed distant tonight for one reason or another. The young healer was not her normal self and those that know her best could see that.

Jakondite
Site Admin
Posts: 498
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Re: A Gathering of Ash (Attn. Pentacle)

Postby Jakondite » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:11 pm

The Consilium would continue to fill as time went on. What was once but one member of the Silver Coin slowly became a set - not the mass of the other two major cabals, but certainly enough members to be noticeable. No one could point to exactly when they appeared - even their few sleepwalkers seemed to have always been there.

The other two members of Synesthesia never came - though, the Consilium knew why. With Silver's attachment to Lucifer and the Moros Councilor, Synesthesia felt a discomfort with bringing the young mage to approach the bar without a formal summons for him specifically. That division in that cabal was well known, and despite Azure's best efforts to keep them coming Silver simply did not feel safe there.

The Free Council Cabals didn't come in mass - but they did send in an Emissary to represent their cabal. Sitting at the Primal Shadows by herself was Luna, and at the Independents table was Analyst - one who was known for their social graces, and the other who was known for their ability to collect information - which was likely why he was here: To get the news of whatever it was that the Consilium wished to speak with people about.

When Midnight finally began, the Council seemed to finish their discussion. Archimedes, the Puppet Heirach, breathed quietly as he rose, looking to the groups. "Alright. It seems that this will be everyone." He looked at the various people, and then said, "There are a couple new developments as of late. Not the small kind of things we usually deal with, but major changes and mysteries which seem to be coming into play - things you all need to know about. The information I'm about to pass to you is freely given to any member of the Consilium." Not that he expected the Free Councilors to keep it to themselves, but if he addressed them he gave them more power anyways.

"Recently, reports have come in from various people detailing scenarios in which their memories are being tampered with." He paused a moment, and then said, "People are beginning to remember things that haven't happened. Things which never could happen, or that don't make sense. Sometimes these memories come with full blown personality alterations. We believe that this is an attack, though from whom we do not know. It is important to note that if you know someone who claims to remember events that haven't happened yet, that you report it so that it can be fixed and further investigated. Now - some of these memories seem benign. I assure you, they are not. These memories have a way of eating at your mind, either dissipating themselves or causing your own real memories to be eaten away. Of all the possibilities, very few of them are 'safe'."

That wasn't a new phenomena. For those who didn't have the memories but knew enough about Awakening to say, it was possible that it was Abyssal - but that was the least of the possibilities. Someone wandering the Astral, tweaking people's memories was a possibility - as well as a Seer attempt to infiltrate the consilium and tear it apart from within. It could even be a supernal manifestation for all people knew, or something wholly unknown - but anytime memories were tampered with it was not a good sign. There is a low murmur, but Archimedes raises his hands.

"Any questions you have, I would give them to the Sentinels who are investigating the matter. Moving on - Recently, reports have come in about newly forming Iris's, leading to another world. Now I understand many of you are going to want to investigate the phenomena but I recommend you do so safely - inform the Consilium when such an Iris comes into existence. It's unknown if all these Iris' lead to the same place - however, the place that it did lead the first time - Wormwood - seems to be Hostile to those who went in.

"Most importantly, however is this: Through one of those gates, a being slipped out. The being has not been eliminated, and is highly dangerous - it's influence has been seen throughout the city, and it is believed to be either infernal or abyssal. These being has attacked members of the consilium as well as sleepers. Furthermore, this being's influence seems to be able to infect the Sleeper's it comes in contact with. The Guardians, Mysterium, and Arrows all have a sample of this being's form that is undergoing study. This being needs to be found, and this being needs to be eliminated as the damage that it could cause may very well destroy the city if left alone. This is not an understatement: We do not know the capabilities of this creature. Those who believe they can help, speak with Sentinel Lockdown. If she believes you to be qualified to hunt down this creature, then you will be deputized and brought into the consilium's investigation of this matter. That said, if you see a creature that looks like this..." Magic went off, and one of the mages cast a spell, showing light into the creatures form. "Then do NOT engage it alone. Contact the Sentinels, keep an eye on it, and assist them in removing it. If you find sleepers who seem as though they have been infected by a nightmare fungal infection, it would be wise to inform the Consilium as well as any clue to finding this creature will help."


As the Hierarch is speaking, a small girl seems to approach the Independent's Cabal seat. Pixie - the ten year old mage prodigy - reached out and smacked a glass vase down in front of Analyst. Her voice is clear, and stronger than her years should suggest. "This is imperative to be figured out. As such, we would like every order seeking information on this. Can you take this to your Assembly and pass the news?"

Analyst looked to the class vase, which held a strange, black, almost fungal looking substance there. The substance had what appeared to be a human eye and a few teeth in it. Analyst swallowed, and then nodded and said, "Yeah - we can." Wait, why was he listening to a ten year old? Why did the ten year old even HAVE a glass like this?! Analyst breathed in, and looked over the glass.

"Alright," Archimedes says, looking back to the group. "That's all. Take this information as you will. Those of you who wish to help with the investigation can remain, those of you who don't may leave or try to handle business as you prefer. Keep all this in mind, and try to stay safe out there."


Return to “Ship Graveyard”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest