Adventure! [Doug/Kelvin]

The stars can be seen , so lovely for such a sorrowful place. Suicide cliffs are a expanse of rock face that has green foliage and trees near the top. At the bottom the waves of the ocean crash against jagged rocks. Sometimes crimson can be seen in the waves and legend has it that is the blood of those poor souls that have chosen to take their life and all they left behind was blood in the water.
fairfolk

Re: Adventure! [Doug/Kelvin]

Postby fairfolk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:24 am

Gemini:
Striking Looks 2| Active magic: Honing the form

The apparition actually snarled as the shadows where pulled so effectively from him, he looked up towards the two Moros as if actually considering them for the first time. As he was watching them he flexed his hands as if he was trying to figure out how to do them harm. A wisp of a shadow formed behind him and began to take shape.

The shadow bridge caught her just as the ice on the harness caused it to fracture. Without looking at Kelvin and Doug she ran up the the bridge and onto the other-side. Unfortunately this was not the side they where on and very much the side the bloody ...The sad fact of this was that it -was- safer then making the bridge take her to them. Didn't give the murderous entity the ability to push her off while she was trying to get to them.

Well it was a nice try. The good side is I think your about to see a very dead..deader ghost. Enigma responded in her head dryly. Hopefully it takes less time for him to do something about said ghost before said ghost decides to make us mulch And the tone was not a barb at the other man, but a fact that Enigma had noticed how fast the thing moved. Not that she had not.

She stepped back away from the ghost and away from the edge.

Yeah but I think there is something I might be able to do... It did not hurt to try at any rate. She whispered softly as the Ghost appeared to summon something, taking the time to speak low the words of magic.

:
Have to ask just a rule calling hence not posting or rolling for what I am thinking

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:46 am

Kelvin
Presence 2 | Gnosis 2 | Active Magic | Active Attainments
"What's happening," Kelvin said calmly, the low rumble of ice moving across ice audible in his voice to Doug's ears, "is that the dead man over there is trying to make Gem join him on that side of the veil." He motioned to the bag on his back with his free hand, keeping an eye on the ghost and the shadow it was trying to summon. "What I need you to do is get the canteen out of my bag and hand it to me."

"Looks like he's solid, hon..." He called across the cavern in the meantime, eyes narrowed as he watched the shade plotting...something. "Have at 'im if you want; working on something over here..."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Shane

Postby Shane » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:28 pm

"Doug Richards"
Gnosis: 1 | Eidetic Memory | Occultation: 3

Scrutinize:
Shane has rolled an Scrutinize roll (2 dice), getting 10, 10, 3, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Shane has 2 successes.

My mind was still being assailed by information when Kelvin confirmed my suspicions about the Shade. I knew what real dead looked like now. I wanted to focus on that instead of Kel's magic now, it was more intriguing, I wanted to be able to identify the real dead and the fake dead like Pooks. Kel spoke and I walked over to the bag in a daze and ruffled around for the canteen before grabbing it and walking it over hand out so he could grab it whether I was distracted or not.

"So that thing is actually a ghost? It's actually dead? What would make it a ghost? How do we get rid of it?"
Last edited by Shane on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:55 pm

Gemini:

She could feel Enigma stir when Kelvin spoke: Enigma...the half of her that was violent. The half of her who COULD kill without dwelling on it. Her fighter to her healer, the predator aspect. But, she did not lose control to him or perhaps he realized she was in small shoes and tighter pants then he liked and changing bodies would result in pinched nuts..which he hated more then coming to in a dress.

Or maybe he figured freaking out the newb was a bad idea.
Yeah, lets go with that and give him credit.

The shades attention was on Kelvin and Doug right now, shadows started to gather forming other shapes of people. She walked over and poked the Ghost hard causing it to flicker and turn its head in a way that made the head blur, the face stayed as a imprinted image looking at kelvin and Doug before disappearing to look at Gemini.

It seemed almost surprised that she did that.
Enigma sure was...

"leave" She said firmly: The sight of the two death mages across the way saw the Thrysus nimbus flare. It seemed that they where caught up in a hunt, the feel of the chase hit the air though roots with flowers crawled down her legs and into the cavern floors that she stood on. Her image flickered becoming almost androgynous, male, female and back again, colorful scales spread out along her flesh. She looked so vibrantly alive to their death filled eyes. And then the scent of sex hit the air for a brief moment as she unleashed the rote that filled in the cracks of what was left of the shades mind.

It snarled, paused, the image flickered like a movie reel gone wild before disappearing along with the shadows it had summoned.

She looked over at them "Whatever your doing, Kelvin...we got a few minute before it comes back..so I can either attempt to come back or we can wait and buy you time"

:
Gemini has rolled an Paradox 1 roll (1 dice), getting 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Gemini has failed the roll.

Gemini has rolled an Psychic Domination: Mind 2 + Gnosis 2 + High Speech 1 roll (5 dice), getting 8, 9, 2, 3, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Gemini has 2 successes

Gemini has rolled an Resist 1 roll (4 dice) , getting 2, 6, 8, 1, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Gemini has 1 success.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:22 pm

Kelvin
Kelvin took the water bottle from Doug once it was offered, readying an imago in his mind that would have taken care of the bastard right quick. Seeing Gemini command it to leave he relaxed a touch, looking back over to Doug. "They usually linger if they have unfinished business, anchoring themselves to objects that were important while they were alive. With him, I'm wagering that his body is in here somewhere and he's...bored enough to want to create company for himself. As for getting rid of it I can bind it, hence me asking for this." He held up the canteen briefly, then let his arm rest at his side as he looked back over to Gemini.

"Probably better if we're all on the same side. Gimme a sec." He focused on the shadows that he had shaped into the platform for Gem on the other side and reached out with his will, a proper layer of hoarfrost forming on his skin under Doug's gaze as his nimbus strengthened further. After a few moments' concentration the shadows had stretched across the gap between the two parts of the cavern, forming a rough bridge with rails running along the sides to hold onto if the need arose. Once it was in place he motioned for Doug to follow and moved across, the shadows beneath their feet solid as stone.

Shadow Craft:
Management: 02/20/2017 10:12 pm quicksilverfox85 has rolled an Shadow Crafting (Death 3 + Gnosis 2 + Occult 2) roll (7 dice), getting 5, 7, 6, 10, 1, 9, 2, 6, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. quicksilverfox85 has 2 successes.

Available Reach: 3
Reach Used: 2 (Instacast, Advanced Duration)

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:46 am

"Doug Richards"

My eyes were open seeing nimbus flare after nimbus flare causing a fair amount of sensory overload as my sight and mind were bombarded with all new intel. I imagine this was what it was like for the blind to see for the first time. You were experiencing a whole lot of new stimuli you had no base line for, it was all to much at once and it made me a little distracted.

"Why is everyone so casual about the fact that a ghost has just tried to murder us?"

Us was an exaggeration right now but there was no doubt in my mind that if it had finish off Gem that it would turn on us after. As the two looked at their new friend if they had suspicions before they were made clearer as it was now obvious he was -seeing- them for what they were and peeling apart those layers to reveal the mystery beneath. Though his target was really the ghost, wanting to find out more about the dead and the state there of.

I blinked and his sight became less focused as I rushed across the bridge made of literal shadows that Kelvin had formed. I didn't question it, didn't have time to. There was an evil shade seeking to have us join him, I escaped death once and wasn't ready to jump back in just yet, or ever again for that matter.

"So we salt and burn the bones right? Did anyone think to bring salt? How is a water bottle going to help us with a ghost? Oh shit, is that holy water?"

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:00 am

Gemini:

Her eyes went a little wide as Kelvin came over "You know, I had kind of thought that going and getting another team would be a good idea or you know, better prepared. But this works too. Not sure how long that thing will leave us alone though.." Her eyes flickered to Doug and her brows rose "Well...I'll be damned. And here I thought we where going to have to have Ryan look at you"

She put her hands on her hips and looked at Doug, her head tilting. "Not our first rodeo. Syria was infinitely worse...so far...But apparently its yours, so... How long have you been, awake, what group are you with, what path are you and what order do you belong to?"

If he is a Seer I am kicking him off the cliff.
Um..lets..one issue at a time Enigma.
Still. Seer. Abbadon. You forget him?

She breathed in and put her fingers to her nose to stanch the head ache of the over protective brother trying to rear its head and rampage. Really though...Enigma usually was a charming if annoying pussy cat, until the seers came out to play. Whoo boy did he dislike them and with good reason.

She lowered her hand "we need to get moving,"

She turned and started to move again , knowing Kelvin would take the rear.
Her brows came together "think...that is all myth. But death is not my path"

The cavern went deeper and then into another pathway with much of the same paintings on the walls, though this time they where more macabre, killing, spirits leaving the body to rise , the clouds held running buffalo with the dead chasing them. Apparently this was their happily ever after.

"think we are getting close to the death chamber"

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 am

Kelvin
"Not the first time it's happened, I'll admit." Kelvin couldn't help but smirk a bit as he and Doug cleared the bridge and met up with Gemini. "If it's one ghost, I think we three can handle it."

Yeah, he was lumping Doug into that. Sounded like he was new to all of this, and he did watch Doug briefly at Gem's round of questions to see how he fielded them. As they kept moving he took up the rear, shaking his head at Doug's own questions. "Assuming the body is its anchor, then destroying it would keep it from being able to manifest here; if that's its only anchor, it won't be able to stay here at all. And no, it's not holy water." The amusement snuck out a bit again at that. "To bind a ghost like this you need to use something that can hold liquid with a lid."

Shane

Postby Shane » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:26 am

"Doug Richards"

"What are you talking about? Order? Group? All I know is I'm hyper aware of objects and can apparently see ghost and things adjacent to death. That's been going on since I got here, probably shortly before but that's a long story I don't want to get into especially when the dead are trying to murder us."

It didn't appear that Doug was lying at all, no one had told him about the different factions or orders the only thing he knew was he was a Moros apparently. That was the extent of what he'd been taught by Pooks and Balphagor that and what it meant to be awake. He wasn't supposed to let anyone know he was a mage either but he had no idea how they figured it out. Was it because of how he was looking at them? He hadn't pulled any power through the abyss so that was the only thing he could think to blame it on.

Doug was hesitant to believe Kelvin's words about the canteen holding the ghost but then he remembered he was told they could literally shape reality so that made some sense. Then his eyes drew to the paintings as they rushed forward.

"Or their ritual chamber, if the paintings are true it looks like they were creating an army of the dead."

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:35 am

Gemini:

She stopped in the chamber and looked up and around "..maybe"

Then she looked at him and her eyes changed with a blink, the stunning blue became brighter green and back.

Knock it off!!

She breathed in "okay. So, you smell Ink and blood? That all the time are is there times it does not happen. Also what did the tower look like that you signed your name to. Got a idea with what you said but I want to make sure"

and dont play coy or Ill rip it from your head!
Enigma...you need a snickers bar dont you? I am not letting you hang out with Orion anymore.
But.
seriously..stop

Okay

She breathed in and gave him a very stunning smile "Sides, we might be able to help you a bit. I tell you what, you answer my questions and I'll answer yours as payment. "

Rule number one, nothing is free.

Return to “Suicide Cliffs”