Adventure! [Doug/Kelvin]

The stars can be seen , so lovely for such a sorrowful place. Suicide cliffs are a expanse of rock face that has green foliage and trees near the top. At the bottom the waves of the ocean crash against jagged rocks. Sometimes crimson can be seen in the waves and legend has it that is the blood of those poor souls that have chosen to take their life and all they left behind was blood in the water.
Shane

Re: Adventure! [Doug/Kelvin]

Postby Shane » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:44 am

Kelvin wasn't the only one that stopped to observe the shadow, as it passed by I took a second to observe it. I didn't know what it was but I remembered that someone had died here and what Belphegor had said about a haunting. I didn't know how to deal with a ghost all I could do was focus like I had learned to do when observing materials and do so again. IT was still a new experience to me.

"Looks to far to jump and you might be strong Kel but physics is a bitch you're going to want to anchor off. You better hope to catch it with your pick and the sediment doesn't crumble, if you miss the force is going to send you swinging back this way to smack against the wall. Probably not lethal but also not fun. Is there another way around?"

Sometimes practicality took the front seat warding off the thrill of risk. It was possible, maybe even likely that she made it but she didn't appear to have the upper body strength needed to pull herself up to the top, if anything I'd send Kelvin he had the strength to make it.

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:40 am

Gemini:
Striking Looks 2| Active magic: Honing the form

She just shrugged at what Kelvin said in Romanian, almost like :Why do you think I brought you?
At the thing of tying a rope around her she kind of just looked at him a moment before taking her back pack off and going through it to find the rope, she then connected it to the harness she had kept on.

As their vision of the other world came over their eyes they saw a man about 5 foot tall, brought shoulders. Blond hair but he was dressed in buckskin with red paint on his arms and shoulders. When he looked at them they could see half his skull had been caved in. He started to walk with them as if curious.

"the edges are a bit too small to scale around, don't want to risk that first. Try this, if I fail we can try the edge. Normally I bring a cross bow to get the rope across to go about getting across that way, but I didn't want to scare you" She looked at him and smiled "It will be okay, if I get whacked out just pull me up and wait till I can focus again"

She DID however tie the rope to one a stalactite that looked like it could hold her.

She took several steps back and then ran, once she hit the edge she leap her muscles bunched like a feline (or in this case a rabbit) , The rope uncurled as she went flying through the air, the distance was about 8-9 feet so she crossed most of it but fell, and as she did she hit the side of the wall with the pick catching her fall. And now, she would have to climb up.

Once she had hit the other side, the ghost seemed to reach down into his boots and pulled a knife, eyeing the rope..

:
Gemini has rolled an Strength 6 + atheltics 2 +willpower 3 roll (11 dice), getting 10, 6, 5, 1, 9, 10, 4, 1, 8, 10, 10, 2, 6, 1, 2, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. . has 6 successes.

Gemini has rolled an Strength 6+ athletics 2 +pick 1 roll (9 dice), getting 7, 3, 5, 1, 10, 5, 4, 6, 9, 7, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. . has 2 successes.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:00 am

Kelvin
Presence 2 | Gnosis 2 | Active Magic | Active Attainments
Kelvin smiled slightly as she fished out the rope, moving to her side and helping her to get it secured properly. "Thank you." He whispered quietly. "Don't want you falling again without a way to catch you."

He stepped back to give her room for a running start, watching as she soared gracefully through the air while keeping close to the rope in case the knot or the stone gave. He winced as she missed the edge, although he relaxed slightly when her pick dug into the rock on the other side. Spotting the shade pull its blade and eye the rope he put his hand on it; although he was looking towards Gem as she began her climb the "do not fuck with this" look was clear as crystal to anyone looking at him.
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Shane

Postby Shane » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:22 pm

"Doug Richards"
Gnosis: 1 | Eidetic Memory | Occultation: 3

Blond hair, red paint, Indian looking. Blond hair was nearly non-exsistant in the natives so this person had to be a defector probably from the Union Army that was my best guess at least. When she said she was worried about spooking me I just gave a small laugh but my eyes didn't really leave the ghost, I was always told the dead were jealous of the living and couldn't be trusted.

"A gun would have scared me more, I would have thought a cross bow an odd choice. Makes sense now though, would have been handy."

She made the jump and I held my breath hoping that she would make it, my face flinched as she missed and then breathed a sigh of relief as the pick sunk into stone. Then the ghost turned and moved and I glared daggers at it and then pretended to talk to Kelvin.

"People say that death is bad, sometimes I think there are worse fates. Being erased from existence entirely is one I can think of..."

The corner of my lip turning up to a sneer as I looked over at the ghost.

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:55 am

Gemini:

Holding the picks she looked for footing, once she found them she pulled a pick back and lifted up to swing into another hold to help pull her up, as she did she nicked it and left foot lost purchase, leaving her to hang holding the pick in her right hand. "damn it" She muttered.
She looked down and watched the rock fall, counting to have a idea of how deep the pit actually was.

easy there....you need me too...
No, I got it.
okay. Just try not to give your boyfriends heart attacks
Enigma....
joke..woman, joke...
You..have fucked up timing.
Yeah well...

She looked up again and started to find new foot holes.

The ghost, seemed to ignore both the men though it did look directly at them and smiled. That smile was..chilling. A hand reached out further down the rope from where kelvin had put his hand causing the rope to start to ice over where the had was, the edge of the knife was made to touch the rope and a few threads where severed..

:
Climb! Strength 6 + Athetics 2 + 1 tool -2 for surface roll (7 dice), getting 6, 5, 7, 2, 5, 5, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Tess has failed the roll.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:15 am

Kelvin
This boy, it seemed, wasn't taking the hint.

Hearing Doug's comment he had a solid idea that the man had seen the shade as well, and that gave him the clearing in his own mind to do what came next. Orion could yell at him later if the guy proved to be something other than Awakened.

Kelvin focused for a moment, magic dancing in the air as his will became manifest and a thin sheath of ectoplasm settled on his skin before being absorbed into it. Doug, wearing his own ash-colored glasses, could see his nimbus unfurl, the hoarfrost rippling out at his feet as his skin paled and both his eyes and his veins began to glow a soft neon blue. A wave of cold air washed over him but had no lingering effect.

As the spell settled into place Kelvin moved within striking distance of the shade, putting a hand on its shoulder. "Don't." His voice had a low rumble to it not present earlier, the sound of large sheets of ice cracking under pressure. "You won't like what happens if you do."

Touch of the Grave:
quicksilverfox85 has rolled an Touch of the Grave (Death 3 + Gnosis 2) roll (5 dice), getting 10, 4, 7, 9, 9, 8, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. quicksilverfox85 has 4 successes.

Available Reach: 2
Reach Used: 2 (Instacast, Advanced Duration)

Shane

Postby Shane » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:19 am

"Doug Richards"

I remembered what I was told, that I couldn't let others find out my true nature though it was odd I saw Kelvin walk up to and stare down the same ghost I was looking at. It was clear he could see it too so the question was, was he a medium or mage. My question was answered, I think, when I saw him go pale and cold eyes shining like he was a white walker. I have no idea what he did or what he was doing, the ghost was his to deal with since I had no idea how to stop it.

I couldn't help Gem either, what was I gonna do, toss more rope? No. This was an opportunity to learn something I focused all my attention on whatever the fuck Kel just did to try and understand it. I wanted to know what its power was, its purpose it would be the only way I could duplicate it after all. Problem was I had no idea what I was looking it, it was like sifting through mud trying to find gold.

Scrutiny:
Shane has rolled an Scrutinize roll (2 dice), getting 7, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Shane has failed the roll.

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:14 am

Gemini:

The ghost actually paused when Kelvin touched him. The ruined head turned to look at his hand and then at Doug who was watching, then back at Kelvin. It gave a cruel smile and flickered like a old film reel before disappearing with the haunted words hanging in the air there is more then one way to kill a beautiful cat

There was a flicker, there and not there across the cave just over the area that Gem was climbing up. The Ghost smirked at the two on the other side and got on his knees, leaning down to offer a hand. Come child the there, not there, voice said down to the young thrysus in a soothing lull I will help you...

They could feel the wrong in the air, as shadows moved along the stone walls of the cavern. The temperature dropped even further, enough that they could see billows of breath from the woman across the way..

She felt her skin tighten as goose bumps rose along with the hair on her arms and the back of her neck. She turned those eyes upwards very clearly seeing that ghost, it was after all manifested. She noticed the picks where starting to ice over..but then so was the harness she had on and the rope.

thaaaaaaaaaaats not good

"Ya THINK!?" she actually yelped at her other half that was in her head. She looked over at the two on the other side , her eye a little wide but oddly not terrified. She tilted her head up at it like, you guys seeing this? Then looked back up. She only had a few seconds to figure out what to do that ice was getting cold enough that she was probably going to end up with ..any number of possibilities, the structure of the picks could be compromised, the harness could crumble off, she could get frost bite..

you would think you would be used to that ...want me to..?

She hung on, and shook her head responding to Enigma No, I think we are good. Worse comes to worse we can thicken our skin for warmth and fall into the water...hope we don't hit a rock or something

There was a mental pause from the other twin ..I don't think I like that idea. Last time we took a tumble like that I almost died.

What? She thought, startled at that revelation.

What? Enigma responded back, Id suggest not taking the ghost hand..
Thanks, your a lot of help
Your currently in control of the body...you get to drive. Passenger shuts his pie hole

If she wasn't hanging on the wall on a cliff with a long fall down, she would bang her head up against the wall in frustration with her mental twins 'help' as it was all she could do was '......."

She did however find footing as to not be JUST dangling there.

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:40 am

Kelvin
...yeah, still not getting the hint. "Stupid sunovabitch..." Kelvin whispered softly to himself as the shade flickered across the chasm, shaking his head. Seeing the ice spread across her gear elicited a quiet rumble from the Moros, neon blue eyes watching the shadows that crawled along the wall on their own volition.

"Hang on, hon..." His right hand flexed briefly, the movement smooth and purposeful although at first glance the exact reason for it would be mystifying to anyone outside of the Mysterium, then closed into a fist as the spell formed and took hold of those creeping shadows. Whatever was controlling them before quickly lost their grasp, the mass of inky blackness stretching out from the wall and forming into a matte black platform wide enough for her to stand on and then some that wound up the cliff side to allow her a way up.

Shadow Craft:
quicksilverfox85 has rolled an Shadow Crafting (Death 3 + Gnosis 2 + Occult 2) roll (7 dice), getting 10, 10, 8, 8, 6, 9, 9, 1, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. quicksilverfox85 has 6 successes

Available Reach: 3
Reach Used: 2 (Instacast, Advanced Duration)
Exceptional Success: Mana restore

Shane

Postby Shane » Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:43 pm

"Doug Richards"

Scrutinize:
Shane has rolled an Scrutinize roll (2 dice), getting 6, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Shane has failed the roll.

I had no idea what happened but it felt like blood had dripped down into my eyes and steeped my vision red as I looked at the Ghost, looked at Kelvin and there were colors around them that stood out against the red I was seeing. IT was a stark contrast and I tried to understand what I was looking at but I was untrained, looking at something I just learned about and barely understood. There wasn't anything I could do to help in this situation and everything seemed so far away with the sensory input I was being bombarded with.

"What can I do? What's happening?"

Return to “Suicide Cliffs”