Of Frogs and Crows (Log; Saint, Snow, Alex)

The stars can be seen , so lovely for such a sorrowful place. Suicide cliffs are a expanse of rock face that has green foliage and trees near the top. At the bottom the waves of the ocean crash against jagged rocks. Sometimes crimson can be seen in the waves and legend has it that is the blood of those poor souls that have chosen to take their life and all they left behind was blood in the water.
Jakondite
Site Admin

Of Frogs and Crows (Log; Saint, Snow, Alex)

Postby Jakondite » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:05 am

Snow
Primal Urge (Medium) | Striking Looks 2 (Alpha Predator) | Embodiment of the Winter Wolf
The Sky was asunder.

The thought was a usual one these days - what, with the way that the Eye of the Storm scoured throughout the Shadow's Skies, always watching - always looking, and always affecting the way that the world operated on this side of things. Tonight, the storm manifested in a cold blizzard the likes of which would chill even the Uratha to their bones.

Snow didn't mind - it was her namesake, after all. Her focus had been outward - in keeping the area safe, pure, and well tended to. In keeping her, and her pack, well protected from those who would try to do them harm.

The Quarantine had been a mixed blessing. On the one hand, it meant that it was much easier to wander through the city without attracting too much attention - no one seemed to want to leave their abodes. On the other, it had strange spiritual effects in the shadow - a new choir up and operating, trying to torment the local denizens of their territory.

They demanded protection and sanctuary from the Uratha, while seeking ways to find sustanance and escape.

And despite all of this, Snow finds her mind wandering - adrift, to old scars that had not yet healed. As she wandered through her territory - keen senses keeping an ear out for miles on end for the strange - her eyes wound start to wander bit by bit towards where a lost packmate was. Wondering what that one was up to. Wondering what she was doing, or if she was safe. Eventually, she might even privately break and go wandering into that territory just to do a quick peek on her before returning.

Eventually, anyways.
Management:
0 | 01/22/2017 3:09 am Crystal Saint Smith has changed rooms to Suicide Cliffs

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
Primal Urge (Low) | Striking Looks 2 | Ritemaster
*She... she was so quiet of late, just quiet, moving along the paths on her skateboard, simply because it was faster, and yes, because it still made her happy to try stunts from time to time. But that was not something that was on her head, she was just simply followed the path, her mind off track, who knew where, as for someone who had already seen one family crumble and lose its members, she was just growing quieter and quieter as this one seemed to follow the same path, gone, one way or another, but several were gone. So she just moved, and let her mind wander*

Primal Urge (Low) | Striking Looks 2
Saint was off duty.. finally. She didn't waste much time locating a place that wa smore.. natural. Suicide cliffs fit that bill. She had been taking a look and peeking at the status of the spirit side of things whenever she could. Questioning one or two that she could corner... but not finding much use in doing so.. She lacked the backing to really do anything big.. no pack of her own.. and the lone wolf thing is only something that happens in movies.

So she was, hoping ot run across another of her kind by visiting these sites... to get in touch with the local forsaken.. and perhaps join a pack.

The cold bothered he rlittle, having been raised in far worse climates... Namely Alaska. Felt Kinda refereshign truth be told.. and thus was only wearing her jacket and camo pants, weapons concealed beneath the bulky jacket.

She traced the path lesiurly, a lit cig hanging from her mouth.. more for the look than anything else.. being werewolf tended to nuke toxic shit like that pretty hard. The bright red cherry on the end making he reasier to spot int he dark.

Snow
Primal Urge (Medium) | Striking Looks 2 (Alpha Predator) | Embodiment of the Winter Wolf
Suicide Cliffs - It only takes the briefest of moments to notice something different about the place - at least, here - at least if you were looking at the spiritual side of things. The secret spirits still floated around here - but at least did not congregate as they did at the cordon - and, as she expected, many were tight lipped.

Here the area seems... strangely serene. Not in an entirely comfortable way - she's not reached the cliffs proper before she's noticed - Snow herself blends into the scenery by her very nature - always in the few places that no one ever looked.

Alex gets a text from her mentioning a strange case. Someone walking around in the area - obviously not homeless. Could be nothing, but with as few people walking about better to be safe. The text says that Alex should approach from one end, Snow from the other?

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*The cold wasn't bothering her much, but that was only because she actually was furred up.... alsmot literally. MEaning she had on a large jacekt with inner furring, the kind that was ultra warm even if the jacket was somewaht thin. and of course the secret to alwasy look good and warm.. thermics. under the designer jeans... so... not so cold... The ring on her celphone got her out of her thoughts and she peered a it, read it, send a quick 'ok' and moved on the way Snow had pointed*

It was at this juncture Saint was unsure what her next step would be. It would compeltly depend on the nature of the forsaken in the area... trusting vs. untrusting. If anything, it seemed best to let them make the first move.

Snow
The movement of the red dot was perhaps the best way to track Crystal. While Alex took one of the more direct routes, Snow took the side route across one of the roofs - then meandered onto one of the fire escapes and waited as the individual of curiousity walked. When she was finally within eyesight, she called out - from up in the fire escape's bottom stairway.

"A bit of a strange time to be wandering the streets by ye'self, innit?"

The girl who'd called it was, for all intents and purposes, what looked like she could have been a street urchin. The clothes suggested such - not set for fashion but for actual survival - a leather jacket, a set of gloves and jeans that were torn - with more jeans beneath them to cover the holes. But for all that 'street' appeal, there was a beautiful texture to the girl - not the kind you found on nightwomen, but the kind which went deeper. An almost instinctive, primal beauty of a woman that would beat a person down and leave them there.

Girl's her age shouldn't have that air about them - but she did. Her eyes were like lightning - curious lightning, but lightning nonetheless. Her hair is as white - no, perhaps even whiter than the snow you were walking on.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*The girl just kept on 'skating' untill she reached the point and noticed the ... well ok red dot, then the form of the person behind the pestilent mini chimney. She kept on skating, nonchalantly, that is, untill Snow spoke, then she let one foot fall down, to stop the skateboard, then she kicked the butt of the board to catch it. In contrast with Snow, she was dressed for looks, everything on her looked designed made, and more than likely was, from the jacket to the sneakers. And she just stood there, letting Snow talk*

"Depends on who you are." she replied simply...hand pushing the side of her jacket up just enough to reveal the badge on her belt. "You seem a bit young to be out this late of night." she chuckles "But then.. none of us are truely alone out here...Eh?" her accent is a mix of many.. mostly canadian.. The air she carried was a strange one, she had the look of somone who could promise violence, but also the air of someone more.. mysticly inclined.

Snow
"That so?" Her eyes cast down and she smiled. Lightning struck with a thunderous boom, flashing through the air as she idly let herself fall down into the snow - on her feet mind you - before slowly approaching the other wolf. "As if the streets care of your age." She chuckled. Her nostrils flared, breathing in the scent of the strange creature before her. That annoying scent of tobacco and other poisons predominant. "So why are you wandering by yourself?"

Scent Wolf:
Management:
0 | 01/22/2017 4:05 am Snow has rolled an *Sniff Sniff* roll (8 dice), getting 7, 5, 4, 4, 8, 10, 9, 9, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Snow has 4 successes.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She tilted her head at the show Snow was putting on the other, and after a moment, she let the skaboard down.... and sat on it, just attentively watching them and listening*

"Came to this city without anyone to walk with." *she stated honestly, she smelled of manythings tobacco, coffee, steak... and yes.. that distinct scent of wolf.*

Scent Wolf:
Management:
0 | 01/22/2017 4:13 am Crystal Saint Smith has rolled an perception (scent) roll (6 dice), getting 5, 10, 5, 9, 7, 4, 4, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Crystal Saint Smith has 2 successes.

Snow
Snow's scent is crisp. Healthy, even by wolf standards. There was the scent of - not hesitation, but caution mixed with an almost icy cool scent. The spiritual wolf scent that arose from her was similarly unmistakable. She watched the other woman - almost failing to blink - before mentioning, "That's a dangerous way to live."

She turned away from Crystal without the faintest trace of fear of turning her back to the unknown wolf, to walk towards Alex. As she did, she called out, "So - who is it that we're dealing with?"

*she chuckles* I'm a dangerous sort of girl... *she smiled* My family back home calls me Saint... but My name is Crystal.. or Officer smith if you want to be formal.. but who wants to be formal?

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*The girl was sitting on the skateboard, somewhat out of sight? maybe, though she was at the point Snow had asked to be at. She just... didn't feel like being social, odd, bubbly Alex, then again she had been way quiet of late. From her the scen was.... sweet, there is deffinitively a vanilla flare coming from her, as she actually wore perfume, well bodywash with that scent, there was also the smell of snacks, what you want, Alex was known for always carrying her backpack full of all the snacks her sister and brother liked, be it raw jerkey or gummy worms. From the girl came a scene of... wolf? diluded? more like... related to?*

Snow
She watched the other girl and said, "Snow. For now, anyways." She watched the other woman, but let Alex go ahead and give her introduction.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*A little sigh, and she stood up, looking towards the woman* Alex *then looking up to Snow*

*sh enods* nice to meet you both.. bout time I ran into some others actually... wasn't likin' the idea of maybe bein' the only one around here lookin' at the other side.. espeically with all of what's goin' on.

Snow
She nodded and then said, "Most of the packs are likely busy tending to their own territories with what's going on. You said you were an officer?"

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*she pointed to the jacket in the general way of the belt* showed you her badge too... but I've seen those on sale...*a stop* well not on stores...

"Anyone sellin' badges should be reported." she frowned.. "and roughed up when nobody's lookin'" she added in a low voice.

*she then nodded* Yeah, recent transfer from Alaska..

Snow
Snow snorted - and then said, "To each their own. Couldn't care less who sells what." She watched her and then said, "That said, bad time for a transfer - strange place for a strange wolf in town, at strange times - on top of what your probably used to, other wolves aren't likely to be super friendly right now. Especially to the cops who try to but in anytime a pack so much as talks together in the same area." She shrugged and said, "Herd's afraid people are gonna riot if they congregate."

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She shruged* I'm not a cop... *she grins a tad* anyhow, mother needed them for the photo session *rolling her eyes somehow, she looked between Crystal and Snow* she doens't look that pestery.... yet

Tell me about it.. half my stuff's stuck outside the cordon around the city. *she nodded* Nice thing about bein' one of them..t hey dont ask me too many questions when I'm out and about and such. Helps keep them out of business they don't need to be buttin' in on if I'm already there myself.

Snow
"I know a few folks who went cops going into the force back in the day. Dead now, but they usually managed to swing their territory as their 'beat'. Makes me wonder though - where is your territory? Or, perhaps better - where is your beat?"

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
She's new... doesn't have one yet Snowy *she glanced at Crystal* I think she is promotioning herself though *her head tilted a tad*

Still bein' established..*she nods* the Cluster fuck that is the quarentine is playing merry havoc with everything.. simply ain't enough cops to go around... so, bein' the noob I'm fillin' holes when possible..

Snow
"Ah gotcha." She nodded and then said, "And we're the first whose territory you've wandered into? They got some big packs floating around here - surprised by that. Maybe the others are hiding?" She looked to Alex, as though querying her thoughts on that. "Gone spiritside?"

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
Maybe they just don't want to call in the attention of a cop-one during the quarintine and have just let her pass *she shrugs* everyone is acting odd in this times

I've poked around *she nodded* Not liking it... not likin' it at all.

Snow
"That's not surprising. The Quarantine causes all sorts of the wrong kind of spirit to come on out - and as a result of that, also causes some of the better spirits to get desperate and make the wrong kinds of choices." The kinds that they had to put an end to - quickly and efficiently.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She didn't comment to that, but looked to Crystal*

*she nodded* Yeah, I can see that.. I need to corner a few and see if I can't pull something useful out of them.. *she then added absently.. and typical bone shadow*

Snow
"I'd be careful where you do. If your having trouble finding the locals one way to get them to come is by messing around with the people they consider their own territory after all."

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
OR with their Spirits.... you better don't go badgering my friends *she eyed her*

'swhy I haven' done it yet.. plus I'm gonna need backup so I dun get in over my head.

*she chuckled at alex* I know how that is...

Snow
She chuckled and then said, "Fair enough." She looked to the other wolf, and said, "You don't mind me asking - how long have you been in the city?"

I got here like two days before they locked it down.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*she just kept eyieng Crystal*

Snow
"Ouch. Sounds rough." She thought a moment, and then looked to Alex. Then back to Crystal. "What are you? I mean, besides a cop?"

So what do you think? We're sort of low on pack members right now. Not saying invite her - but if she's stranded at the moment it might be wise to bring her a bit closer to the fold. See how she hunts? Snow's thoughts teemed into Alex's mind.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
eh.... she wants to rough up Spirits! *pouty voice*

*She glanced to Snow, then to Crystal*

Ithaeur, Hirfathra Hissu. *she replies simply* Yeah, so I only got what was in my jeep... lots of camping equipment.. and a beanbag chair.

Snow
She nodded and then said, "I guess I could have figured part of that out - but better safe than sorry. Mind if I ask what area you're staying at?" She paused and said, "Not going to make you tell, but it might help my thoughts here."

She doesn't know the spirit side - her first resort to getting information is bound to be intimidation, no? :)

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She gave Snowy a pouty look*

I'm not going to start going bullying spirits just because I'm new to an area

"I'm currently in Bruinswick..."

Snow
She nodded and then said, "There is a pack there called the Brunswick Mafia. Big group. The biggest in the city, actually." She paused and then said, "Don't really deal too often with them - but if you keep an eye out long enough you'll find them - or, if your camping in there, they might find you."

I doubt it's meant to be bullying in the sense you are thinking though.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
you do know MAfia and cops don't go along in the same sentence? *eyeing Snow, and giving her a little huffy*

well then make sure! if she is nice I'm ok with it, if not.... she is going to get pelted with chocolate and I'm going to ask Froggy to slime her up!

Not camping.. apartment.. *she arched a brow at alex..*

Snow
"You'd be surprised how many cops are on the payroll," Yeah she had no problem saying that in front of the copper. "Sides, call the pack a Mafia all you want, doesn't mean folks take you seriously. It's not the criminal element that they espouse - it's the 'too many true born to count with your hand' that intimidates most folks." She looked to Crystal, and said, "Until they sit and say you can live there - your camping there in that apartment, in their territory. Most wolves are not going to let someone not pack live in their territory - that's asking for trouble. If you plan to stay there permanently - I would recommend getting an in with one of their factions and seeing if you can join. Now if you like, I can probably see what I can do to make sure that whichever group wants to talk to you does; Get that cleared up quick?"

Why don't you ask her? Your the spirit-one.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
I still say is just steroids *huffing* or nachos, they sure hoard nachoes *she nodded sagedly, then tilted her head, eyeing Snow, she gave her a VERY frowny look before looking to Crystal* so... are you a Spirit Bully or what? *the kid was SO tactful!*

"I think I'd rather find somewhere better.. someone pickin' a name like that.. honestly sounds like a pack of shitheads." with little common sense in her own estimation. Thne she looks at alex oddly. "Bullying implies something else. Spirits rarely give information freely, and most quite frankly. Do not like us. Furthermore bllyng implies I pick on them for my my own amusement or to compensate for some deficency. That is not what I do."

She does seem a bit.. insulted at being called a bully

Snow
"Disorganized to say the least. Fair enough." She paused a moment and then said, "I think what Alex means to ask - in her own way - is how you deal with others. Call us curious. In fact - why don't you come with us and we'll talk as we go."

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She hummts* Maybe they don't like us because MANY thinnk that first aproach is going all growly-gimme on them, instead of doing a proper talk about first *she humms, then eyes Snow, then Crystal* yea... do tell *moving to walk as Snow put it, then a pause, as she gives Crystal a stare* salty, sweet or sour?

*she shrugs and follows along* Depends on the situation. No two ever are the same. Some are easier to work with than others... bribes work pretty well with the weaker ones, usually harder to pull off witht he bigger ones. And some.. well you just gotta put down. No avoidin' it. *she arched a brow at Alex* Sour?

Snow
Snow let Alex take point on this matter - just because it was between her and Saint at this point - better to allow the Lunar Knight her opportunity to test the worth of the other wolf and judge her in... whatever ways she might

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She stuck a hand in her backpack and took a bag out of it, which she simply thre at Crystal, in a 'catch' motion. When/if she catches it or if she lets it drop, she'll see its a back of WarHeads candy. Just as she pfft* brive.... HAve you thought about JUST talking to them? mean, you set the chimminage, you do a bit of talk, check how they are faring, what their needs are.... usually when they see you actually CARE instead of going all bossy, don't do, gimme, they act MUCH nicer, they have feelings too, you know?

I have yet to meet one that has not essentially asked "what is in it for me?" or more commonly "fuck off." *she replied as she caught the bag.*

"That said.. Alaska is a more.. savage.. area."

Snow
As the two spiritualists are talking, Snow just starts to snicker - just trying to hold off on the full out laughter that would ensue shortly. "To be fair, aren't you asking something of it usually as well?"

Oh god, Alex had roped her into this. She grins - an almost feral grin as thunders roll off in the distance.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She pffts at Crystal* I think the problem is you just start on hard on them. I've found candy makes them happy *eyeing Crystal, then eyeing Snow* nhu uh! not always, I made friends with the hummingbird spirit once, and didn't ask for one single thing *then again, she had been trying to prove the point of the whole give it candy and it'll act nice, not that hummingbird had been useful aside from zooming in and out of the house ALL day, for a week..... but...*

*she opens the bag of arheads and takes one* "An just what sort of shamans have ya been talkin' to? ya research who you want to talk to, figure out how to approach them and then proceed from there only a idiot walks up and just starts demandin'." There was a bit of a pause.. "...yes.. I oculd see a humminbird spirit wanting candy.. its sugar afterall.. and the herd has this massively depressingly bad habbit fo feeding hummingbirds sugarwater.."

Snow
Snow, for her part, is still cackling - quiet, but cackling.

Thoughts so far? - The mind of snow asks with a giggle.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*she huffs a tad at Snow and reaches in the bag to throw her way a bag of her favority flavour of gumyworms! then eyes Crystal* huuhmm... so what, how you start it? how come you only got those two answers? *she reached in her bag to pull out nachoes to munch on, she hums* not only Hummingbirds like candy.. though don't try to give candy to cats... *she shakes her head* took me a MONTH to figure out how to juryrig the cupboard so it won't sneak in for more....

eh.... she is not as daft as I first thought... might have hope

I only have those answers because I was taught by my father's pack and my tribe. *she shrugs* lot of different ways to start... obvservation and simple reasoning can give you a good way to figure where to begin. *she chuckled* and that.. is why most wolves dont freely give things away to spirits.. it is much like the heard and feedin' wild animals.

Snow
Snow is quiet for the moment, before she takes a sharp turn through one of the alleyways. "Well. Still don't know about you yet. But - as it turns out, our pack is currently in the need for extras. So - if you like when your settling, if you set your apartment or what have you at the border of our territory - you are welcome to do so." She paused and then said, "So long as you do not mind the fact that you will be heavily watched."

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*she srhugs* well... just tell me, when you are going to ask something of a friend cop? do you just go and ask? or do you invite him a cup of coffee first? or a donut? or what have you like? MEan, you see what they like, you set a nice setting, they'll be happier... just do NOT do it with sharks, ever *eyeing her. She turned, and grinned at Snow* oh... and if you see a hummingbird do NOT swat at it.... just leave strawberries by the window

oh! and protect the frogs... any frog you see

Used ta bein' watched... *she chuckled* They're always watchin us. *she grins and then acts as if she's looking at somone else, fluttering her eyelashes* "pete,c ould you please help me move my desk of heavy things for me? I'de really appreciate it." *she then chuckles* "its not cut and dry like you think it is. And you don't ask someone out for a cup of coffee or such unless you're asking them out on a date. Really.. nine times out of ten it goes like "hey jim, can you do X for me?" and then they'll either say, yes, no, or whats in it for me?" *long pause* The tenth time its "hey asshole!" *she ginned*

Snow
Snow let out an audible sigh, and said, "She's right though. Don't trample any frogs underfoot or let them get eaten. Also - don't mess with the Crows. Anything past that you'll learn as you go, I suppose." She smiled.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She blinks to Crystal, blinkblink* oh my, you are ALSO going to need 'charm' lessons *a fiant, faked sigh, then a blink to Snow* Frog is cool! *at her sighing* respect tha Frog *she nods, solemnly*

*snickers* Got it.. and thanks.

Snow
She looked to Alex and then said, "The frog is 'cute'. I'd never say it was 'cool' however."

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She blinks, then hummms, in deep thought for about, almost a second* yea... He IS cute, sin't he?

*chuckles quietly, not having met frog yet*

Snow
"Yes. And he's not dangerous, which makes it a plus."

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
hey! he is so! he COULD slime you whole... from eyelash to toe! *a nod*

*she arched a brow at that* I see...

Tags:

Return to “Suicide Cliffs”