The Hunt... Begins... Maybe (Attn. Storm Crows)

The stars can be seen , so lovely for such a sorrowful place. Suicide cliffs are a expanse of rock face that has green foliage and trees near the top. At the bottom the waves of the ocean crash against jagged rocks. Sometimes crimson can be seen in the waves and legend has it that is the blood of those poor souls that have chosen to take their life and all they left behind was blood in the water.
Jakondite
Site Admin

The Hunt... Begins... Maybe (Attn. Storm Crows)

Postby Jakondite » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:31 am

Takes Place on the Gibbous Moon

Snow
Primal Urge (Medium) | Striking Looks 2 | Embodiment of the Winter Wolf
It wasn't that they were afraid of the creature which had made it's claim over the body of several dead crows. In fact, if they shifted into war form that would all but spell the death of such a creature - but in the end, they were at a tactical disadvantage. If Snow got four, maybe five that would mean victory, but the creature would flee and the war form offered nothing at range.

So they needed a tactical retreat, so that they could better hunt the creature whose blood soaked her claws. It was in the Wound, which was an even worse thing - that thing would corrupt it, sicken it and turn it into... something else. The hunt was as needed for the creature they'd 'kill' as it was for them, in the end - even if it pissed her off in that mockery of a form it'd taken.

She'd also felt... something from Alex. Her mind reached out to her packmate, not speaking but the thoughts rush her sister quickly. {You alright?}

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
Primal Urge (Low) | Striking Looks 2 | Ritemaster
*She... was moving along with Snow, more because Snow had pulled her along, really... her mind was.... traped kinda... in the image of what she had seen on the cliff... donw, down bellow, and the words 'jump, jump' wait.. it weren't those words... die? what had it been... it was a loop and she felt.... she had felt.... a blink and she looks to Snow... uh? she nods, quietly, looking behind them*

Snow
She looked to Alex, and moved up to the rooftops. Her mind said as much too, as that was where they'd go. She kept pace, moving to the top, not outrunning Alex by any means. The creature is long gone - it'd lost track of them perhaps? Looking at the city from the roofs, her eyes gazed to Alex. {Hey. Look at me. Are you alright?}

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*IT took her a moment to follow, she did seem to almost be about to go on ahead instead of picking her way up, but she did it, stopping at little bits to look behind them, no, no creature, just a pull down... she could not shake the feeling it would HAD BEEN so easy... and no more loss, no more sadness... no more worries.... so... and again she blinked, staring to Snow* yea...*it was physical, there was a kind of distracted echo in her mind, sounding kind of... unattached*

Snow
She looked to her, and then nodded. {Okay. If you need a moment, this is a good place for it. Or we can wait till we get to the den.} She rested a hand on the other wolf's shoulder, and gave her a warming smile, like 'I'm here for ya if you need it.'

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She got another face full of blinking... well Alex HAD been a swing of emossions lately, hadn't she? ever since Hudson? robot/sad one second, hyper/starving the next... and her swings DID change drastically sometimes... maybe first time it happens in the middle of battle though, but.... Alex HAD been off lately* ah.... {I'm fine} *a long pause, then kind of belated* {We should get a spirit pistol}

Snow
Snow nods and thought, {It's an idea. I'm partial to a bow myself, but a gun would work too. Something long ranged for the creatures above us. Can't let our winged allies do all the aerial combat for us. Alright. Let's head to the Den.}

She started to move, swiftly travelling to the other building's roof to run for the Den.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She nodded, staying put for a moment as Snow started to run on, she looked behind them once more, her eyes fixing on the now distant cliff, the end of the land, were the maws of death and desolation clamped at the searocks and anyone who fell...

Then she sighed, and started to run after Snow, moving on to the den:

The Den... it was a building department she guilt tripped the grandmother into buying, and legally putting under her name, of course, it was held under her mother's trustfund untill she became 18. SO building appartment, meant, everyone could get a room of their own. The lower part had been fixed to be a commong area instead of two aparments. SO it was a wide area of couches, cushions, chairs and everything they needed to feel comfortable. Because sometimes there was an 8 year old around there was a huge TV with cable and games, which anyone in the den could use, of crouse. and a HUGE bupboard, and HUGe I mean it would occupy what would have been the kitchen for ONE apparment, it held ANY and ALL kind of food, from meants to candy to anything known to be liked by the memebers of the pack, wolf or no wolf. There was a large table for them all to sit to eat together, and a samely HUGE fridge. Going upstairs you'll find their rooms, each with their bathroom and decorated as they wanted, Alex kept bringing catalogs and things to keep furnishing... beds, drawers, anything they needed... and she shamelessly charged it to Grandmothers credit card, or her mothers, but truth be told, she was more shameless with Nana's than Mom's. There were stairs, but of course she HAD but a firefighter pole in the dead middle, because firefighters poles are neat*

Snow
As they enter into the place, Snow immediately goes to work. The hunt could never wait - could it? Well... it could, if Alex asked for it to wait. To recover, to call Farcry and to make sure they had everyone. Sometimes you needed that - just to feel like the whole pack was there. It very rarely did - Vali might have made that easier, but her leaving left another scar - on Snow's heart, if not Alex's. Snow wasn't the type to complain about it though or even mention it - but she was pack, and even Alex could see the scars the Storm Lord tried to hide.

In her work. In the hunt. In revenge. If Alex had fallen to depression from what occured, Snow could be said to have lunged into the work of the Uratha, to try to become better, stronger, faster.

To never lose another packmate to her weakness again.

"It's name was Scavenger Colony. I think it was a low rank, but I can't be sure. Did you get a chance to check that out?" She's speaking in her normal voice now, beautiful though it may sound on the ears, her almost glowing electric eyes shifting to Alex as she started to grab what looked like ritual stuff from the drawers.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*All the ritual things were VERY carefully stored in a beautiful drwer set, carved with wolves and different animals Alex had sent made, that one... she had even WORKED to get the money for. YUP she understood that things you could not just leach the ancient snobs.

YEt as they go in, she kinda... literly flops on one of the couches, staring at Snow move and do... uh? ah! the crows... how horrible, crows... once they had flew for them hadn't them, everywhere they belonged to them....blink* eh.. check what?

Snow
She repressed a sigh and looked to Alex, "Did you check how powerful the creature was?" That was in her assortment of capabilities, right? Power checking? Snow didn't know, it was an Ithaeur thing. Alex always seemed to know how to make the spirits squirm or bend to her capabilities, after all. She pulled out some of the equipment, and let out a breath. The creature had attacked her and she just... flopped. How could she do that?

Snow wanted to -rip it apart- for attacking Alex. She wanted to tear it, limb from limb, bone from bone, until their was nothing left but the essence-soaked remains of whatever spirit had bound itself to those seagulls to begin with.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
ah... small.... *she frowned* but then they merged... kinda... is like ants.. they are small, but if you step where are many.... its really hard to get them off *she kept watching Snow for a moment, before she.... stared to the ceiling... what was Snow doing?... she kinda.... fell back, mind going back to the cliff, she SHOULD be worried about how she HAD felt the pull, but she wasn't... she was just... morbidly going back to stare at it in her mind's eye*

Snow
She watched Alex, then slowly moved towards her packmate... until she was looking over her. She leaned in closer, so that she was just inches away from Alex's face, her own face unscrutible.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*And another blink, her eyes moving from staring into nothing to slowly fixing on her packmate's face* uh? I answered your question...*hadn't she? or had she just thought that.... she frowned, trying to remember*

Snow
She looked to Alex, and then... LICKED her forehead. "SNAP TO IT!" She grinned, and pressed the ritual items in her hand. "This is one of the few rites I know, but that -doesn't- mean you aren't leading it. We have some birds to kill, don'tcha know?"

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*ok... she didn't react, no gack, and swatteing, just a hand going to the place she was licked at...* ew...*aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand staring at the places put in her hands* uh? what ritual? ... they sure are gone now.... you know?

Snow
"The Siska-Dur of course," She blinked and then looked to Alex. "We need to call the Sacred Hunt." She sighed a moment, and said, "You seem a bit out of it though. You want me to lead the rite this time?" Snow wasn't that bad with this particular rite, and it -was- her moon when this setting took place - so she'd be well capable of leading it to the fullest effect. Still - Alex was the ritemaster of the group, the one whose role was integral.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*a fant sigh* what for?

Snow
She looks to Alex, and her eyes went cold. "What for?" She tilted her head, and said, "Those things went out and attacked us. Tried to manipulate us. They spoke, and that wasn't gull calls. They were telling us to die. I -know- you felt it, Moon Knight." She paused, and then said a bit more firmly, "Alex. Those things aren't going to stop with us. They are going to push people - more and more - to step across that threshold. They will feed that Wound, and how are we going to purify it if we let it keep festering?!" She set the tools to the counter with a loud thump, and said, "That's before we get into the fact that those -things- had the audacity to claim a physical form. They stole flesh - maybe not human flesh, but that matters little - because it's bound itself and spat in the face of our Ancestors, and that makes it -my- prey. Now do you want to help me, or not?"

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She...heard her, she really did! it just.... didn't seem to register... she kept going over and over to the fact that it would have been SO damn easy to just jump.... no she didn't FEEL the pull just right now, it was gone, she just.... didn't... have the energy to care, that was it.... it was pointless, was it? wasn't it? she blinks, making a motion like if she was about to go up the couch and follow, buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut she just fell back with a puff sound, like if the air was even reluctant to stay inside her right now... and she watched it leave her body... leving... everything ended leaving, left, off, gone, bye.... and Snow hd said something important, she KNEW it, she just.... even the air left! see.. there goes out again, leaving, going... bye*

Snow
Depression. Depression sucked. You know what sucked more though? Regeneration. Oh sure, people thought regeneration was awesome, totally cool and unstoppable healing powers, almost near invincibility. But, as Snow proves in that instant as she grabs a switchblade and stabs Alex...

... Healing something does NOT mean that shit doesn't hurt!

The wound is superficial - most combat in werewolf would deal more damage in a single blow, especially with spirits and other Uratha... but Snow just up and STABBED her. Like it was NOTHING!? WHAT THE HELL!?

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand she got stabbed.... well yea superficial, not gonna die from it... stab.... she .....
looked down...
stared at it....
looked up to Snow...
and....
said*

ouch...

Snow
"ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?!" She yelled at Alex, and sighed. "Alright. Fuck this. You. Up. NOW. If that doesn't piss you off, I know one person who can -make- the rage over take you, but by god Alex you will take up your arms. This is -not- you. Your stronger than this... whatever this is. So -get- your ass up, stand up, and stop moping." She grabbed Alex's arm and yanked her off the couch.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*aaah yea, she was still staring at Snow rant, why was she ranting! she was the one who got stabbed and she was NOT ranting! ranting was pointless.... like air puffing out your boy, oh wait! she was yanked and she was LITERALY yanked, Snow had to put strenght onto that to actually get her up, a frown* you left your knive in....*so she knows...*

Snow
Snow deadpanned Alex, and then just ripped the knife out and threw it at the sink. "God... you need to get laid so bad it's not funny. Maybe I'll tell Farcry to do you a favor." She grabbed the other girl and started to lift her. "Come on, Moon Knight. Let's get you to the Elodoth so he can turn you into a frothing rage filled monster once we start the ritual."

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*there is another low* ouch...*when the knive is ripped, and a frown, laid... * boys have cooties *mean they do, that's why you don't kiss them, isn't it? and then Snow is lifting her, she was NOT cooperating at all, kind of just staring at Snow and letting her do* you do know anger causes wrinkles? Nana says it a lot.... early wrinkles, then no one wants you and you end up alone with 77 cats... and asthma... puuuff goes the air, bye bye, leaving again

Snow
"Oh I'm sure Nana would know a lot about living alone with seventy seven cats," She growls, moving with her. "Well at least your sense of dignity is still there, even if the ennui is annoying as fuck. You know maybe I'll just bite you till the rage overtakes you."

She tried to think of what Alex's rage triggers were, but the thought isn't immediately coming to mind.

Alex "Moon Knight" Arden
*She sighs, flopping exageratedly for a second* I didn't bathe... don't recomend biting me, might be sour and salty...*a stop.... did Snow's stomach had cliffs.. maybe, she was SO full of rage she surely has great cliffs of raging mouths inside her, biting at all the food she ate... oh bad thought, bad thought!* don't get ragey mouths in your stomach Snow, don't...

*IT was hard... Alex has yet to rage... since she turned, oddly enough...*

Snow
She let out a sigh, and moved to call Farcry.

Return to “Suicide Cliffs”