Of shattered windows and things (Raylan/Jesse)

Named after the first unfortunate suicide in New Haven, she was a sister in the church who got to close to the abyss. This part of the city is the poorest of the neighborhoods and has a high crime rate. It is North East of the city, a few miles from Murkwood cemetery and the Suicide Cliffs themselves.
Jon Snow

Of shattered windows and things (Raylan/Jesse)

Postby Jon Snow » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:13 pm

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 3:55 am
She was here because she was looking for signs of the things passage. She wore a pair of jeans she could move in, steel toed boots and a peacoat, over her hair was a navy blue wool cap. Just trying to blend in. Sorta

She walked down the way, with alert eyes.

Raylan:
12/02/2016 3:59 am
*Raylan was still prowling about the Peak. Still learning it's intracacies. Tonight he was dressed in well worn boots, jeans that had acheived that perfect blend of well worn, and well fit. A simple dark gray hoodie, unzipped under a thigh length jacket that was brick red. A black ball cap was on his head and pulled low.

A day or two's growth of facial hair braced the tall man's jaw. Standing 6'3" to 6'4" he was tall but not 'towering' not massive.

Long legs carried him along in a stride that seemed to eat up ground when noone was looking.

At the moment, Ray paused near a corner. Looking left... then right. Up and around for street signs, if they were any and they hadn't been stolen or shot to pieces. Hands slipped into his jacket pockets as he let his gaze cast about.

Eyes glited in the darkness as they fell on Lockdown heading down the way.*

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 4:09 am
She seemed to peer down the alley ways as she moved, as if looking for something. She was decreet about looking up, but she did look along the buildings as well

Raylan:
12/02/2016 4:13 am
*That actually caught Ray's attention for, he'd been doing the exact same thing, but surely for different reasons.

A moment was taken and when the beautiful woman approached he tilted his head a bit to the side. The voice coming out warm in the chill evening, a touch of the South, smoothing his words* Lose something, Miss?
Management:
12/02/2016 4:16 am
Raylan has rolled 1 dice, getting 4, with a difficulty of 10 on a 10 sided die. Raylan has failed the roll. This was a chance die.

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 4:17 am
She jerked her head towards him and her full lips half smiled, but she stopped "No, just..looking at the architecture" She looked him over, it was a quick look but one of those looks that suggest she was taking his measure: Was he dangerous, ect

Raylan:
12/02/2016 4:20 am
*He didn't appear overtly dangerous at the moment. Rather normal looking guy, some might find him a bit ruggedly good looking but just as many wouldn't. He wasn't ass ugly though. That was something. The only trait that stood out about him right at this moment was his height and as stated, he wasn't the sort to tower or anything, nor did he have mass to loom.

A pause and he looked up and around at the surrounding buildings* There seems to be a pretty ecclectic mix in this City. Different neighborhoods certinly have different feels.

*The eyes slid over the buildings and down an alley or two before returning to her.*

I'm new to town. Been trying to get the feel... the vibe. Any suggestions?

Raylan:
12/02/2016 4:21 am
(Whisper to Lockdown) (( As she's likely very observant, she'd notice that the pockets of the jacket held items. Though just what might be hard to make out with out intense observation (Rolls), but he had items in a number of them.))

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 4:28 am
"guess i really depends on what your going for" She said, and shrugs "Dunno what your asking actually" She smirked a bit at that cause she had no idea what he meant really

Raylan:
12/02/2016 4:30 am
*He nods a bit to that* Just trying to get the feel for a new place. The in's and outs of the town. What it's like. It's character.

You a native, Miss? *Then he motioned* Pardon my rudeness. *A hand raised and two fingers motioned to himself* Raylan

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 4:37 am
"Yeah I am" She nods a bit "Jesse. Nice to meet you Raylan. What kind of name is that?" She asked watching him closely

Raylan:
12/02/2016 4:41 am
Nice to meet ya too, Jesse. *Then a beat and he tilted his head. Reaching up he slid off the ball cap and smoothed back his dark hair before re-applying it* American to the best of my knowledge. In school we did one of those "Where's your name come from, what's it mean" things but the closest I could get to mine was "Ray", which means a beam of light, but that's just my nickname.

*The question having thrown him a little* Other than that, I think it's a some what modern American formation...?

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 4:46 am
She gave a slow nod "Ah I see. sounded..asian for a moment there" She looked around "Where you coming from?"

Raylan:
12/02/2016 4:49 am
North Carolina Originally. Just moved to New Haven recently. *The two fingers extended and he motioned with a fluid movement* My work calls me to this part of town more than the others. So I'm trying to learn my way 'round.

*Glancing behind him to make sure noone was sneaking up on him while he talked to the beautiful woman, to brain him and steal his.... everything. Then glancing back to her if noone of murderous or larcenous intnet was back there. Jesse was... frankly, a step or two above the beauty one might expect to find in a place like the Peak.*

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 4:57 am
Her brows came together "Why the hell would you move to cold and colder?" She asked

A group of thugs walked along towards them talking and smoking. A wiff of Marjuana come towards them and one of the guys looked up "Shit!" And turned and ran.

Raylan:
12/02/2016 5:01 am
*That actually earned a smile* Well that one's easy Miss. Ah come from hotter'n hell and hotter. Cold and colder actually sounded good.

*His hand casually moved through the air, as if collecting the mist that rolled through the streets some nights* I actually adore the weather I've witnessed so far. Looking forward to a real New England winter. Can count the number of times I've witnessed snow over 3 inches deep on two hands with a few fingers left over.

*His eyes clicked to the thugs and Jesse might notice the almost inperceptiable narrowing of the eyes. The slow intake of breath to oxenginate the blood. The casual way he drew his other hand out of his pocket and that both hands flexed. The slight widening of his stance. Then the curl of a nostril at the offending scent on the night air.... then when the thugs broke and ran, Ray tilted his head, observing their flight, before looking back the OTHER way to make sure something bigger and badder wasn't there. Failing to find something his eyes slowly came around and fixed on Jesse, and the left brow rose.* .... clearly your beauty scared the hell outta those fella's.

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 5:06 am
She smirked "Better make sure you have a shovel in your car or a thick jacket then, Oh and hand mittens" She chuckled at that

When the thugs came around she watched and arched a brow, but yes, kept a eye on Ray. When he turned and addressed her she blinked "Here I thought it was you"

Raylan:
12/02/2016 5:11 am
*he nodded* A shovel? I... *Then he sussed it out* Oh,,, for the snow! *A bit of a chuckle. Hand't shoved a bit of snow in his life.

Looking to her when the thugs retreated then down at himself* Me? I didn't reallise I was that scary? *A bit of a playful grin crossed his face*

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 5:19 am
She laughed "And you think beauty can scare the hell outta folks" She shook her head, "had to be you"

She watched the boy running and noted the others had taken to beating feet too.

Raylan:
12/02/2016 5:21 am
*He smiled* Well -boys- seldom know what to do with a woman, the likes of you, Jesse.

*A bit of a chuckle escaped him but he looked her over with a new eye, a more interested one. He didn't think he'd scared off the toughs, so he was very curious why she might. He checked her out for guns or gang symbols, or something*

Management:
12/02/2016 5:24 am
Raylan has rolled an Wits+Comp roll (5 dice), getting 9, 7, 2, 4, 5, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. Raylan has 1 success.

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 5:26 am
He could see the out line of something under her arm. And she watched him looking her over with a critical eye.

She pulled something from her pocket and flipped it, showing him the shield. Said 'Detective Thaler'

"Though I WAS a bounty hunter for a while there, and the one that ran was the last guy I took in. Had to toss him out of a window though, was having a bad night and he just sorta, went through it"

Raylan:
12/02/2016 5:28 am
*He'd wondered if it was a shoulder hol.... oh. Hello there. Leaning forward he looked to the shield* So -that's- what they look like up close.

*A sage nod and he leaned back* Detective Thaler? Detective Jesse Thaler. *A nod and he glanced down the street* Was the window closed? And... on the first floor?

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 5:40 am
She snapped it shut and put it back in her pocket and laughed "Um. No, and no"

Raylan:
12/02/2016 5:43 am
*He grinned* Woman after my own heart.

*his left hand swung towards the coat, then he met her eyes. His hand slowing. Purposefully slowing. He slid back the jacket and hoodie and she'd see an inside the band holster for a pistol there, but he reached past it and pulled out his own wallet and just as slowly brought the hand forward, and opened it. Glancing down at it, he then held it out to her* Nothing as impressive as yours.

*indeed it wasn't. His was a simple "County Animal Control Officer" badge. it was very very shiny though, indication that it was brand new.*

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 5:50 am
She looked it over and chuckled "Well the rats just ran hon, you might want to give chase" She motioned the way those guys went

Then shrugs "I like animals, but i see the need of animal control"

Raylan:
12/02/2016 5:53 am
*He smiled and slipped the wallet away and put it in his back pocket and then made sure the hoodie and jacket covered the hip and back around to the front* Well they're not the biggest one's I've seen, but I'm off duty. I've put in my 10 in the salt mines today.

*He nodded to her words* Thank you for that. Many laugh and make some sort of derogitory term about dog catchers.

*His brow rose* I'm not... holding you up from your work am I?

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 5:59 am
She shook her head "Naw, I was just doing some off duty recon. though, is a cop really off duty ever?" She blinked and shrugs "Ah well. Seriously why are you in nellys peak this is the asshole of the city"

Raylan:
12/02/2016 6:04 am
*He chuckles* I guess not.

*Glancing around he nodded* Really was doing exactly what I said. We get alot of calls out here. From "Pit bull just ate my baby" to "Rat just beat up a pit bull and ripped the fender off my car".

The streets and alley's are.. confusing at best. Where I'm from I knew all the streets as I'd grown up there and knew how to get everywhere and it was all spread out. Lot of rural calls. Here. It's mostly city. So I'm trying to get to know the city.

*His eyes flickered up and down the street and she might sense a bit of... predator behind them.The eys didn't look around passivly. They scanned the streets in the manner of one that has, in his or her time, given chase.*

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 6:15 am
She gave a slow nod "guess you need to know it if something that bites goes to ground, huh?"

Raylan:
12/02/2016 6:17 am
*he smiled a little* Well that and how to not get lost trying to get there, or back to base afterwords. It's like the people around here have an aversion to street signs. Are they stolen? Shot up, or just never actually posted? *He peered around curiously*

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 6:21 am
"Probably stolen" She looked around and then back at him "I need to get going, Ive a early morning"

Raylan:
12/02/2016 6:22 am
*He bowed his head and touched the brim of his hat. A southern affectation* Was nice meeting you Detective.

Lockdown:
12/02/2016 6:24 am
She gave him a wink "And you too, Raylan" She said and turned on ehr heel, starting to walk away "Maybe ill see you around"
I am one with the Force
The Force is with me.

Tags:

Return to “Nellys Peak”