Skyfall (Rose, Ruth, Log)

Named after the first unfortunate suicide in New Haven, she was a sister in the church who got to close to the abyss. This part of the city is the poorest of the neighborhoods and has a high crime rate. It is North East of the city, a few miles from Murkwood cemetery and the Suicide Cliffs themselves.
The Lone Gunman

Re: Skyfall (Rose, Ruth, Log)

Postby The Lone Gunman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:56 am

Ruth LeHayes
Wyrd (Low) | Presence 3 | Melodic Voice

"Yea, true," Ruth agrees while being slightly disappointed that Cassandra didn't have prophecy powers, though her declaration of reclaiming them was interesting. They could DO that? Ruth did know about contracts (she's even signed a few since her escape), but they could make deals with the future, maybe? Might be worth looking into, she thought.

Also, was that splotch on the ceiling mold? Ewww. "So...it's been a stressful first date so far, huh? Is there a particular reason you chose this place besides privacy? Do we get an extra night or something? Free HBO?"

Tags:

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:53 am

Cassandra
Striking Looks 2 (Radiant) | Striking Looks, Advanced (Angelic Voice) | Presence 4 | Expression 4
Cassandra let out a shrug and then said, "Well there were multiple reasons for bringing you here. Nelly's Peak is known for it's seedy community - it's a poor group with a crime rate that is only as low as it is because the people don't trust the cops who come through. A couple of girls our age would be foolish or stupid to come here - it's like wearing a big neon sign saying 'rape us, it's free'. It's a good place to take someone when you aren't sure of their allegiance - if only one of us walked out of this room, no one would question it. It's a place that, if someone was looking for you, they'd have difficulty trailing you because no one wants to talk about the people around, because it risks upsetting more dangerous men. It's a place that isn't safe to people who fear mortal things, which makes it safe for a pair of creatures who only fear immortal things."

Which of course... was only partly true. Rose herself didn't fear mortal things, that wasn't to say there weren't mortal things that Ruth feared.

The Lone Gunman

Postby The Lone Gunman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:33 am

Ruth LeHayes

"HA! You actually had a plan to get away with murdering me from the start?" Despite herself, Ruth found herself grinning at Rose's rather macabre preparation. And here she thought she was being a little too trusting, almost too merciful. But no, that was actually a clever move that the Darkling could appreciate. Ruth sat up with an approving grin on her face. "Not bad."

:
TiredLG has rolled an Hey, Ruth has streetwise. Intel+Streetwise+WP roll (6 dice), getting 3, 2, 3, 5, 7, 3, with a difficulty of 8 on a 10 sided die. TiredLG has failed the roll.

Ruth also had some experience with the streets actually...kinda. Not really, mostly second hand stories from her friends who had unfortunately more experience with the seedier side of life. Ruth thought hard about what she'd seen of this area to know if Rose was right or not...but Ruth was really new to the city in general, and could only end up shrugging in agreement with Rose's assessment.

"So, now what. Are you all going to take a vote on me or something?"

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:49 am

Cassandra
Striking Looks 2 (Radiant) | Striking Looks, Advanced (Angelic Voice) | Presence 4 | Expression 4
"We keep our options open, and choose locations best suited to any task we might need to perform. It also helped us agree that this place was, in fact, New Haven, and not some city that simply looked like it. Far as voting, it's fairly rare we need to vote - most actions are left in the hands of the person whose currently in control of the body. Votes are usually held over things like, what political side we are going to take on a situation. So, what to do with you is ultimately my decision. I think, at least for the moment, you are fairly safe." She smirked and then said, "So newbie. How many people you know in the area?"

The Lone Gunman

Postby The Lone Gunman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:01 am

Ruth LeHayes

"Oh...thanks," Ruth replied with an embarrassed smirk of her own. "At least that gives me time to work up an apology to Rose." And maybe the mysterious and violent Almvieg...what an odd name, thought the girl who's own middle name was Bathsheba. "Yea, so counting all of you as one, I now know...three other changelings personally." Ruth decided to try to leave Allison out of this as best she could, in case Rose or someone inside her decided she didn't like people with bits of nightmare monsters inside them. Allison could probably take care of herself, but she'd probably appreciate a warning first. Damned angels, they've got too much of a sense of right and wrong.

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:20 am

Cassandra
"I see. A month and change is a lot of time to have only ran into two others of us... though, I suppose we're all masters of hiding when we need to be, and the best way to find another changeling is also the most dangerous. I'm guessing from your description of the Seelie that they are both UnSeelie?" She makes a point of sounding unsure, but even with her trying she seemed almost affirmed in her knowledge that that was the case - the air of royalty not allowing much of a hint of doubt to escape her lips.

The Lone Gunman

Postby The Lone Gunman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:33 am

Ruth LeHayes

"Yea, they're Unseelie." Ruth tried to ignore the royalist tone that she was learning was pretty much Rose&Co's accent. "I mean, there were others here and there" and Others, "but I've only really started getting out recently, and so far they're the only ones I know. I've been busy with online classes and stuff...trying to get my High School Diploma, catching up on what I missed over my entire life." Finding out what the other her was up to...which wasn't much at all, apparently.

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:39 am

Cassandra
She chuckled and then said, "Well, I suppose that shouldn't be too odd to me. When I first got out I was kept at a place for those of us who escaped that served to help acclimate us to the new world. So it may be that they are wanting to make sure your stable before meeting others - or... they may just want to seed ideas into your mind until they are sure you are one of them." That last part is said almost like a joke. "Oh, speaking of the UnSeelie and Seelie Courts, what are their actual names here? Do you know?"

The Lone Gunman

Postby The Lone Gunman » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:00 am

Ruth LeHayes

Ruth gave Cassandra a bit of stink-eye at her joke, but let it slide with a shrug. Her mind was pretty made up about what she'd do well before she learned more about the courts. Speaking of which: "Seelie and UnSeelie? Those are the names? Don't ask me to name all the houses though, I'm still learning about those."

Jakondite
Site Admin

Postby Jakondite » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:06 am

Cassandra
She thought about that. A House System? That could be interesting. They'd already sworn her allegiance to the dawn prior to her arrival here, which was part of what had lead to her being here to begin with - though she was woefully Ill informed. She could ask it, but like all things of the Wyrd the cost would be steep and she wasn't sure she wanted to pay the dawn's price just to know more about the city, especially when she'd not even begun to hunt for them yet.

"Tell you what. You got a phone by any chance?"

Return to “Nellys Peak”