That's Not A Virus [Attn: Fox]

North West of Bay side, Brunswick village is the hip and up and coming neighborhood with small restaurants, coffee shops and corner stores. The old rail road once went through Brunswick but was decommissioned in the late 40s, now the Caboose and a few of the older passenger cars serve as a quint restaurant and hang out, called "The Tug"
Jaling

That's Not A Virus [Attn: Fox]

Postby Jaling » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:58 am

Orion:
Presence 1 | Gnosis 2 | Cloaked Magic | Fame 1 | Weapons

After Gemini left with Solomon to drop him off, Orion stuck around for a little bit and
waited for her to return. Nursing his drink as was his wont. Some time spent better
grooming himself after realizing that his presentation to a new mage wasn't as a Mastigos
should be. Coming back downstairs more awake with a washed and shaved face and hair
still messy, but at least stylized some.

Kelvin
Presence 2 | Gnosis 2 | Active Magic | Active Attainments

Kelvin, for his part, would have cleaned up after dinner and claimed one of the couches in
the living room. The evening had been...interesting, to say the least, although ultimately
successful.

He looked up to Orion as he made his way back downstairs, giving him a nod.

Gemini:
Striking Looks 2| Active magic: Honing the form

She wasn't gone long. Something had seriously been bothering her. She came in through
the front door letting it bang behind her as she did and stormed up to Orion putting her
finger on his nose

"WHY are you so visible!?" Thats what was disturbing her. That, was bizzare and she
kind of had to wonder if he was a pod person

Orion:

The Guardian stopped short when the finger came up to his face and blinked at it. Not
quite sure what was going on. "Didn't think you wanted me scaring the company by
appearing out of nowhere." Taking the 'visible' literally as he wasn't entirely sure what she
was talking about.

Kelvin

Kelvin smirked a bit as Gemini stormed up to Orion. "Don't quite think that's what she
meant..."

Gemini:

"AH HA!" She said the blinked "Wait that wasnt a explanation actually that's wholly
unlike you too!" She huffed and turned heading to the living room, she grabbed Kelvins
hand and dragged him to a seat to sit on his lap and faced Orion.

"No, your...unusually out front. Swear Id pick you out of a crowd, Orion . And not due to
your looks either , just...I dunno its just very different"

Orion:

"Maybe because you know me?" Though even at that, the statement of picking him out of
a crowd was extremely unnerving. Of being out front. Something he worked very hard to
avoid and even though it was Gemini, it was the first time she'd ever said something like
this.

The last of the glass was polished off and was brought over to his chair where he set it on
the table beside the bottle. "Can you be more specific?"

Kelvin

Kelvin chuckled quietly as Gemini plopped down in his lap, wrapping his arms around her
waist as she got settled. He looked to her at Orion's question, letting her answer.

Gemini:

"Its..not that" She said her brows coming together as she made herself very comfortable
and shrugs "Eh I cant explain it. Ill try to figure it out later. What did you want to speak to
us about"

Orion:

A spare phone he had purchased was removed from his pocket and turned back on. After
it booted up he, handed it over to them to take a look at for themselves. On the screen was
an active image of the tesseract of semi organic construction, pulsing like a heart as it
rotates on screen. The virus that had been mentioned on the news.

"It is being called a virus. I know where it came from."

Kelvin

Kelvin's eyebrow arched as he looked over the phone, letting out a little 'huh'. "Remember
hearing about that on the news, I think. What'd you find?"

Gemini:

She leaned forward and took it, leaning back against kelvin and looking it over with him.

Her eyes where fixated on the video and played it back and THEN turned it up as loud as
it would go. THen paused it, went over to the speakers on the stereo and put a cord in that
would allow it to use the speakers. THEN turned it back on

Orion:

After it was taken, Orion was going to answer, but was a bit distracted by what Gemini
was doing. Looking to Kelvin wondering if he'd ever seen her act like that around a
mystery.

Shrugging he offered his hand next, "I'll show you both."

Kelvin

Kelvin didn't seemed overly phased at Gemini's behavior, smiling a bit in fact. He looked
over to Orion as the hand was offered, giving a small nod. "Fire away."

Gemini:

She frowned when there was no sound and then turned it off and came back. Her brows
together "wanted to see if there was even a little bit of sound with it" She put the phone
down and reached out taking his hand

Orion:

With their open minds accepting, they would receive a rush of memories come through.

A call received from Lockdown to meet at the burned down church. Next arriving to see
her and someone innately identified in the memory as an 'Other', though he looked
normal, if a bit on the tall side. A spatial distortion spotted below them. Specific attention
was paid to the environment and details. Ambiance, taste, smell, sound, structure. Voices
in the memory not coming across, but the feeling things said invoked such as the acid
underground and the expectation of spiders about them.

Then it moved to Lockdown and Orion parting ways in a somewhat peaceful way, leaving
Orion alone with the unidentified Other and genuinely amused. A phone ringing providing
him an excuse to continue further in. Yet also distracted. The Mystery had grabbed his
attention. Thoughts of the two of them when he saw the ancient machinery and how he
knew they would want to have been there when he intended on showing them. The
omnidirectional vision of it all giving them explicit detail of every nook and cranny he
passed.

Then they saw the image that was on the phone. The picture the Other took of it with his
phone. The sensations of focused Spatial mage sight trying to penetrate the Mystery. The
recording in the background still visible despite his focus...

A single scene began to play on the center screen.

A tall figure, looking every bit like a twisted half machine doctor stood at this very
console. Smaller screens lit up, showing the church above in the midst of 'worship' and a
very.. familiar.. looking girl being drowned int he baptismal. Machinery churned and
tubes funneled exotic materials into the tesseract. Then it Folded pitting out a squirming
mass of teeth, skin and eyes... which was quickly sucked up into a small chamber that was
carried off screen.

All seemed well and 'good' and it looked as if another operation was abotu to be
preformed when a second figure.. A tall and angular being that looked like a cross
between a human woman and a mechanical spider dropped in behind the 'doctor' and
spoke in a familiar voice.. identical to the one on the phone.

"You are commanded. Cease operations. Report to decommision Seven one one." The
spider spoke coldly.

"Eyes." Seven snorted with a grinding voice. "You know I cannot stop now, these versions
are almost perfect."

"Project is discontinued. Report to decommission." She restated. "Failure will result in
deletion."

"Like you could do that, you merely observe. You were never designed to enforce any
messages you deliver."

Suddenly Eyes moved in a blurr, a blade removing Seven's head. "While true. It does not
mean I cannot."

The play back ends abruptly. And then a sudden beeping eminates from one of the
monitors. The text indicating a container has been breached... though the timestamp
indicates it had happened years ago.

The scrutiny backfired.

The machinery warned of a lack of stability.

The Mastigos and the Other ran for their lives through the underground Mystery.

The building grew hot...light began to fill the once dark expanse... the smell however.. said
it was overloading every electrical resource in the building... however nothing bared the
exit. The both of them escaped clear and free.. only for a hot wash of rancid smoke to
vomit up out of the hole.. and then to be abruptly be sucked back in..

The charged sensation to the mage's senses is just suddenly.. abruptly gone. Like the entire
basement area had ceased to exist.. The only evidence of what was there.. is in their
memories.. and on a certain someone's phone…

Gemini:

Her brows came together "wow what the hell was that?" She said "Okay, let me go get my
gear" She pulled away and headed upstairs to get ready to make him take her to the site

Orion:

Orion looked up to the quick moving Thyrsis, "That was two months ago, Gem. Any
resonance is long gone."

Gemini:

Her hand moved about "Dont care! we are going to the site" She chuckled and
disappeared then came back "okay ready?"

Orion:

Well he hadn't refilled his glass since she wanted to go anyways, but when she came back
down he looked at her, "For that, I want Acanthus information to help Eris with. From you
or anything you find in the Atheneum. Oblations, basics of Time and Fate magic with the
Practices. Things like that."

Gemini:

"Depends on the magic, if it is magic or technology. " She eyed him and said "IF its
technology then its not a fair trade in magic and your over charging by far which means
you would be cheating me. IF its a worthy mystery then Ill give you the equvilant value. if
not, we leave it alone and you can find another way to bargain with me on this"Ad in that,
she had a steel in her eyes he might not be used to
Fortune cookie say: "Avoid compulsively making things worse."

QuicksilverFox85

Re: That's Not A Virus [Attn: Fox]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:24 am

Kelvin
Kelvin sat back and absorbed the images from the Mastigos' memories, shaking his head a bit. "That was...definitely something."

He watched as Gemini sprinted up and got her gear, smirking a bit at her exuberence. When she returned and the bargaining started he gave a small nod. "From what the memories showed it doesn't look like just straight tech. We can see once we get down there, though."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

QuicksilverFox85

Re: That's Not A Virus [Attn: Fox]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Orion
Orion scrunched his brow in confusion at Gemini's response. Looking to Kelvin to see if the fellow Mystagogue knew why she was acting the way she was then back to her.

"If it is tech, you won't help with Eris?"

Gemini
She also looked at Kelvin and looked at Orion "I didn't say that. I said was that I will give you equal exchange for what you have brought us. YOUR the one who requested -everything- we had on Acanthus in our orders library"

Kelvin
Kelvin gave Gemini a nod, then looked to Orion. "We'd need to see if the information we're getting is worth what you're asking for, basically."

Orion
There was a slow shake of his head at Gemini, "I didn't request 'everything'. Eris wouldn't need everything." Not quite understanding the line of thought. He didn't care about the Acanthus as a tower himself. Too random and chaotic. Lack of discipline. Sadly, that described his student even before she the tower showed her the truth. "I know some basics I can teach her if this isn't worth it."

Gemini
She put her hands on her hips and actually stepped towards Orion "And I quote '"For that, I want Acanthus information to help Eris with. From you
or anything you find in the Atheneum Oblations, basics of Time and Fate magic with the
Practices. Things like that.'

"Look. I am willing to help with Eris. I already said that when I met the girl. However, the moment you start asking for -anything- from the Atheneum we will be negotiating equal value. I will help people out of the goodness of my heart but I will not compromise the fundamental rules of the Mysterium because I am a nice person. Dont get the two mixed up"

Kelvin
Kelvin nodded along with Gemini's words but kept quiet for the moment. She'd said everything that he would have needed to, after all.

Orion
Orion nodded when she explained his poor choice in wording. Acknowledging it for what it was. An arm reached up under his chin and scratched beneath his ear. "I will need your help. Even if you do it from your heart, I wanted to give you something for that help. Even if you didn't ask. This is it." There was a shrug, "I wouldn't ask for anything more than what I need for her."

Gemini
"You did give me something. 2 years ago when you agreed to kill me if need be, despite what you knew it would do to you, you would have done it. Call this payback." she shifted the gear "That said, if we need to get anything for her from the library we will discuss equal exchange then. But you have already paid for my help in this in spades"

Kelvin
Kelvin looked to Gemini at that, having forgotten about that part of her going under back in Miami. He gave a small nod, though, then looked back to Orion.

Orion
A small smile came up on his face and he nodded. Standing from his seat to move towards the stairs. "I'll get my gear."

Bringing the why of his invitation into the cabal wasn't pleasant, especially considering all they've done together since then. Remembered or not. That it meant as much to her as it did regardless of the awkward position it had put him in the cabal was a reassurance in a way that despite what he was and what he did, a couple people would still be kind to him. The same damning kindness that had made it difficult for him in the first place.

Gemini
"Sounds like a plan" She looked over at Kelvin "you got everything you need Love? Or you need to get your butt in gear? Ill leave ya..mystery is awaiting"

Kelvin
"Think my stuff's still in the Jeep from earlier, so I'm good." He smirked, getting up from the couch and motioning towards the garage door. "After you."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Return to “Brunswick village”