Reaching Out [Attn: Roman]

North West of Bay side, Brunswick village is the hip and up and coming neighborhood with small restaurants, coffee shops and corner stores. The old rail road once went through Brunswick but was decommissioned in the late 40s, now the Caboose and a few of the older passenger cars serve as a quint restaurant and hang out, called "The Tug"
QuicksilverFox85

Re: Reaching Out [Attn: Roman]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:07 am

Magnus
Presence 2 | Wits 5 | Gnosis 1 | Active Magic: Augment the Mind
Magnus stood from the booth as well, following Roman towards the door and out onto the street.

As the arm was offered he thought for a brief moment before smirking and taking the offered arm. He knew there would be looks, of course, but at the moment he didn't much care. "Lead on."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:34 am

Striking looks

I pat his arm and lead him down the two blocks and into the building that I was housed in. I lead him to the second floor which is the top floor and into my flat. The area has ample space and runs the whole building, there is a bathroom and a kitchen with a bar counter so you could see in. The room to the side is a bedroom and next to it my office.

The furniture is sparse but nice. I lead him to a couch "Let me get some tea, I have some earl gray or if you like I do have wine and scotch"

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 4:36 am

Magnus
Presence 2 | Wits 5 | Gnosis 1 | Active Magic: Augment the Mind
A part of Magnus was acutely releived when Roman started walking in the opposite direction of his own flat; if the two of them had ended up in the same building he would have cursed whatever fates were taunting him even moreso than usual.

He nodded approvingly as they got into the apartment itself, somewhat impressed at the size of it; then again, he didn't have much need for more space than he had, truth be told. He took a seat on the couch when offered it, nodding at the offering of a drink. "Think I'll go with the tea. Pace myself a bit after that pint."

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:38 pm

Roman
I smile seeing him look the digs over and shrugs "I try to keep humble" which was mostly the truth. When he tells me what he wants to drink I head over to the kitchen and start pulling out the tea, its lose so its good tea and start up the kettle.

"So what type of things are in your head, Christoper?" I ask as I work, getting a small tray that will hold sugar cubes and the like.

Magnus
"May sound a little odd, but...cats." Magnus found a seat for himself, watching Roman as he started working on the tea. "Not sure if you were simply fond of them or something else, but they run through those memories often."

Roman
I bring over the tray and set it down on the coffee table before pouring the tea in two cups. I offer him one and take the other as I sit. My brows come together "Cats?"

Cats.

"Well..I do like cats, much more then dogs I will say. But I am actually allergic to them, sadly" I turn a bit to watch him before leaning forward to put a cube or two of sugar in my tea ad start to stir it. "Cats do not come to mind when I think of you though"

Magnus
"Ah...that is a shame. Don't have any kind of pet myself, but I do rather like cats." Magnus took the offered tea cup, taking a quick taste before adding a cubeand stirring it in. "What comes to mind with you, out of curiosity?"

Roman
I close my eyes "You had a cat though, I think" I open them and look at him "think you let it get away" Im not even sure why I said that but I shrug

I dont really want to tell him my thoughts if we are being honest, so I watch him a moment before my eyes turn to the bedroom and I say with what seems a bit of hesitation and perhaps embarrassment " Im not entirely sure you want to know. You think some of the stuff you have told me is strange or embarassing" chuckle and take a sip

Magnus
"...a few times, if I'm being honest. Once out of fear, once from a terrible choice that had to be made." He watched Roman for a long moment. "That was...part of why I looked so shocked when I saw you, truth be told. I didn't think you would be here."

Roman
I about choke on my tea but manage not to and laugh "You saying Im your cat, Christopher?" Funny, I would prefer to call him Christopher then truncating his name.

After a moment I said "I had the distinct impression of something more then intimacy and lasting. But..."

Magnus
"Yes...and no." He shook his head, a puzzled look creeping across his face; he didn't even notice the use of his full first name, which was something that would have caused alarm bells otherwise. "I can't...describe it without sounding like a complete madman."

"There was something intimate there, a connection that formed some time after we'd met. Your affection for me came well before mine came for you, though, and the intensity of it...scared me, honestly."

Roman
"Lets just put the sanity at the door and speak as madmen then, as its clearly a state we are both in" I smile a bit and lean back, watching him "I dream that you cause my death"

Magnus
"Right..." Magnus nodded slowly, taking a sip of his tea to...calm his nerves, maybe?

Once he finished, he looked to Roman with a quiet, almost pained look. "Because I did. In another time, another place, I chose someone else over you and you died because of it."

Roman
I nod slowly, I lean forward and sit down "Chronos is a bitch" I note and lean back, putting my arm along the couch and crossing my legs in that way that men do

"Guess i another time that emotion I keep feeling tied with you didnt really exist huh?"

Magnus
"Yeah...yeah he is." Magnus muttered quietly, then gave Roman a curious look. "Not sure I follow..."

Roman
I breath in and got up, I moved to a table that stood against the wall just under a mirror, it had small drawers in it, and I pull it open.

Looking in a moment I pull something out and toss it onto the coffee table lightly, it bounced once but stopped in front of the other man. It was a ring.

"The feeling tied to you, clearly did not exist if you chose me in another life for another"

Magnus
Magnus paused as the ring bounced his way, freezing for a long moment. He almost wished that he'd be hit with a memory of that, but that fickle source of knowledge was silent.

"No..." He shook his head before looking back towards Roman. "It did. I did my best to save you, asking that you would be safe. Ultimately, it came to choosing between protecting the world from the great evil that had broken it there and choosing my own desires...and I chose the former."

Roman
I arch a brow at that and return to my seat, picking the tea cup up again. "I don't think someone tends to define the world" I said with a bit of dark humor. I watch him and shake my head "I am safe though. So there is that?"

Magnus
"The other person was a...lynchpin to put the world back together and keep it safe from what had damaged it before. The impression I got when the choice was made was that if she didn't make the transition that all of...this" he motioned around them briefly, "would have fallen apart or not even come into being in the first place."

He sunk into his chair, almost like he was deflating a bit. "There is that, yes."

Roman
I scoot over and put a arm around him and hug him "twitch again and i pinch you" I smile then frown "its that woman you came here for isnt it?"

Magnus
He stiffened briefly at the hug but returned it after a moment, muttering a quiet "Apologies..." as he sat back up in the chair.

"It is, yes." He nodded quietly. "She needs to stay in as close to one piece as possible."

Roman
"Well' I say and that word hangs in the air before I speak again and ask carefully "Did you call because you regret a past you didnt live in this time line?"

Magnus
"Not exactly, no." He shook his head quietly. "I've had a few partners here and there, but nothing since I came to the States some years back. That past is past, and it can stay there in my opinion."

"I called because I wanted to know if you were experiencing the same things that I was when we met, and, like I said in the bar, to get to know you rather than the bits and pieces that I remembered of you in my head."

Roman
"I meant the choice in the time line, Christopher" I smile a bit and nod "but that works too"

I breath in and then look out the window for a few minutes before saying "I am, I was worried someone was putting thoughts in my mind

Magnus
"Ah." He nodded, following Roman's gaze towards the window. "The concern is there, I won't lie. I do think they are actual memories, though; the detail is too fine to be fabricated."

Roman
"Alright, lets approach this as if they are real. " I look at him "tell me how you feel about me, "I say with my arm around him "Not what you think but what you feel. Because I am curious to see something"

Magnus
Magnus had to think about that for a moment, then looked up to Roman. "At the moment, I don't know you from Adam, but I feel like something can - and should - be there."

Roman
"Knowing someone has very little to do with what I asked" Which is funny, because its true. You can have feelings for someone you never spoke to, pine for them, ect..its the real stuff that takes getting to know someone, to see if you can stand the sounds they make when they eat, or if they leave the cap off the tooth paste or even squeeze from the center and not the end. People seem intent on always protecting themselves with knowing. Which, I understand.

My fingers reach up and run gently through the back of his hair, pulling out a curl and letting it bounce. I know Ive done that before. I sigh "And what if that something cant be there?"

Magnus
"Then...I would manage." He continued watching Roman, sounding a little cautious, if anything. Truth be told he had no idea what he wanted or expected out of this...strange goings on. "Always do."

Roman
I look him over "Christopher" I say leaning into him and meeting his eyes. "I dont mean if it cant be between us, but what if circumstances say that we cant be together. What if something prevents it, like that choice that was already made in another time. What if that was presented to you again?"

Magnus
"Are you saying that was your choice?" Magnus looked at the other man deeply, those grey-blue eyes laser-focused. "To survive, but sacrifice the ability to rekindle things again?"

Roman
"You made the choice for us" I say gently but honestly. I reach out and touch his cheek and jaw with the back of my fingers "I am not blaming you, just saying that whatever agreement was made I had no voice in. I am asking ..for instance our jobs, or something more mundane then weirdness"

Magnus
Magnus started to say something but stopped, shaking his head. "Not like I could really ask...world was coming unraveled around us and it's a bit hard to get a call out."

"Like I said...I would manage."

Roman
"Is that really the answer you want to give?" I smirk and shake my head letting my hand drop.

I get up and walk over to the window and put my hands on my hips, back to him. But I am watching his reflection.

Magnus
Magnus let out a quiet sigh as he watched Roman head to the window. "I don't know, honestly. I haven't felt the want or need to have an intimate relationship in years and honestly I had no intention to change that coming here. I get here, you're here, and everything that I remember about you is crashing in around my ears and I don't know what I want."

Roman
"Well telling someone you have already thrown them aside for someone else in a life or death situation, and then telling them you will manage if it does not work out ..doesnt really look good either way you cut it" I note. To be fair i am not sure what I expected him to say, nor am I really thrilled with this whole situation..I am used to knowing whats going on and this is throwing me for several loops

I look over my shoulder at him "so what your saying is you want to see if its something you want, and if it doesnt work out you will be fine?"

Magnus
"You're right, it doesn't." He finally moved from his chair and joined Roman at the window. "And I know that probably sound like quite the cad at the moment."

He looked over to Roman, watching him for a long moment. "I didn't know if I could give you what you wanted then. Truth be told, I don't know if I could do the same now."

Roman
I look back out the window and nod as he was sounding like a cad.

"What is it you think that I wanted/want?"

Magnus
"Then, you...what's the way to put it." Magnus looked out the window, mulling it over a moment. "You burned a lot hotter than I did. Initially that terrified me, especially since it was sprung on me suddenly. I warmed up to things in time, but I don't think it was ever as...bone deep as it seemed to be for you."

"As for what you want now, I couldn't say." He looked back to Roman again. "But I'm willing to find out, and to try."

Roman
That actually makes me snort back laughter and I look at him for a moment. "I dont exactly burn hot, and I think the second point of that is self evident with everything said"

I wonder if he realized how insane this sounded, more so then we had memories of another time. No, the idea of being told you where not important then but we might want to try again struck me as a little crazy.

This whole mess was crazy. I look up and back at the sky line trying to figure out what the hell is going on. Honestly I dont like not knowing, I really dont.

Computers. So much easier to understand.

"The funny thing about all this is there is a part of me that wants to say sure. But the other part is screaming in the back of my brain; your having 'visions' of this man saying he loves you, but opts to let you die and that is not seeming to be a past tense thing and..your telling me this, that I cared more for you but you didn't reciprocate it so much "

I turn to look at him and there is a near pinched, pained look on my face "No one ever wants to be hurt, or wants to be less in something that should be great. What I want, is not to be so unimportant to someone that their response to a potential difficulty would not be 'Ill manage' but Ill try" I shrug "Can you do that? If something is incredibly difficult to allow us to try to find out what could be, that you will try?"

Magnus
Magnus let out a quiet sigh, closing his eyes as he massaged the bridge of his nose. "Will you stop saying that...please."

His eyes opened and he looked to Roman. "I did not 'opt for you to die'. I had to make the choice between an entire world coming into being or everyone that I loved vanishing in the bloody void and no longer existing to keep one person alive. It was not a choice I made easily, so please stop acting like I did so without a damn thought."

He went quiet for a long moment, looking Roman in the eye. "I don't want to hurt you, and I apologize if I have. And I am willing to try, and see where this goes here."

Roman
I reply almost quietly "Its based on what you have said, Christopher and yes. It hurts"

Which is funny. It shouldn't.

I reach up and put my hand over his heart , shuffling slightly closer "you mended this, its why you ran the first time. Because it had been broken and because I was too intense" I once more meet his eyes "the end result of it all, the choice had further reaching consequences then just one death" I breathe in and lean in and kiss him.

Magnus
Magnus looked to be about to say something but the kiss caught him off-guard; he didn't stop Roman, but it also wasn't really returned. He looked Roman over when the man leaned back, giving him a curious look. "What kind of consequences?"

Roman
I sigh at that and its not a good thing.

with his question I shrug "Apparently getting a half interested relationship" I say with a bit of dry humor.

Magnus
"Don't be glib, Roman. You have some idea of what's been happening here, even if it's only your own memories." He watched Roman for a moment. "What other consequences?"

Roman
I shrug "I lost my intensity" I say simply and add "A lot of who I was" My arms cross over my chest and I turn back to the window "Just things I need to come to terms with"

Magnus
Magnus went quiet at that, the quick flash of All your fault... rocketing through his mind. He resisted the urge to shake his head to clear it, pausing briefly before wrapping an arm around Roman's shoulders. "I'm sorry to hear that."

Roman
I lean against him when he does "Naw, when one door closes another opens, right?" I look at him and smile "I think we can try to see what is what. Id be happy with that"

Magnus
"True enough." Magnus nodded, looking down to Roman with a small smile. "Sounds good to me."

Roman
"Well then," I direct him back to the couch to sit again and speak about much lighter topics before he goes home

Return to “Brunswick village”