#Awkward Coffee (Log - Crimson, Silver, Allison, Ruth, Kriemhilde)

North West of Bay side, Brunswick village is the hip and up and coming neighborhood with small restaurants, coffee shops and corner stores. The old rail road once went through Brunswick but was decommissioned in the late 40s, now the Caboose and a few of the older passenger cars serve as a quint restaurant and hang out, called "The Tug"
Jakondite
Site Admin

#Awkward Coffee (Log - Crimson, Silver, Allison, Ruth, Kriemhilde)

Postby Jakondite » Sat Sep 10, 2016 1:13 am

Allison Smith
Striking Looks (Advanced) 2
If there is one thing Allison could never turn down, it was free coffee. Well.. 'free' in the monetary sense... bending pjmpely faced barista boys to her will was child's play to her... though the girls only took a token more effort.. usually. Still, coffee seemed to warm bother her body and her beast as she looked out the window.. watching the city at night*

Crimson
Gnosis (Medium) | Tamer of Fire | Presence 4 | Striking Looks 1 (Golden Boy) | Free Council
Silver
Gnosis (Low) | Striking Looks 2 (Powerful Eyes)
They usually had their little chats outside under the cover of night - not because they dealt with darkness or were bound to it, or anything like that; But because of the fact that Crimson's work often kept him busy during much of the day and it was easier for Silver to feel comfortable at night.

Night was where the dark was, and one of the few things he had ever known. The light meant the Lab would be taking them out, and that was never pleasant.

They had taken to having these little meetings and chats between the whole cabal, usually because Silver would wake up night after night with nightmares. Azure couldn't be here right now, but they knew she wasn't far off - if danger struck, they had a whole plan on how to get the whole cabal as one and facing off as another.

But nights like these were good for the group to go out. Enjoy the evening, grab a bite, see what things lurked in it - all while trying to get Silver to be more comfortable with the world as it was. To stop looking over his shoulder every five seconds as though someone would grab him.

As Silver would say - it's not paranoia when it's real.

The two of them were an attractive bunch, though of notable age differences. Silver was a quiet boy, dark hair and some of the most striking eyes that one could imagine. His shoulders were often slumped down, as though he were trying to appear smaller, but he dressed well - white dress shirt, black slacks. Sharp, he liked to think, and professional. Crimson on the other hand was a bit more relaxed - he had that all american boy look, with the blond hair cut to a trim and the deep blue eyes, a pair of torn jeans, a black metallica shirt and a jacket over it to keep him warm in New Haven's otherwise cloudy weather.

Silver didn't bother with the jacket, but did keep a backpack and an umbrella in the event it rained. Which was of course often and likely, even if Crimson could opt to make it not.

Ruth LeHayes
Wyrd (Low) | Presence 3 | Melodic Voice
Ruth had been walking around with one of those tourist brochures, trying to get antiquated with this weird little town she was in. Her grey hair was hidden by her hood, pale skin hidden by black cloth and blacker shadows. The whiff of fresh coffee though was too much to resist, and she indulged into the temptation to get some java. After all, she had more of the town to see...maybe. The brochure didn't have too much in it, it seemed.

Allison Smith
Her eyes glided over the three new entrants. Weighing each of them mentally and offering the slightest of smiles to each in turn. While she looked the part of nearly inhuman beauty.. she was dressed fairly conservatively. She does at least understand that there is a time and place to flaunt what she has... and this was not it.*

Crimson
Gnosis (Medium) | Tamer of Fire | Presence 4 | Striking Looks 1 (Golden Boy) | Free Council
Silver
The smell of fresh coffee is a strange one for Silver. Crimson had gotten him his first cup something along the lines of a month ago, and - partly due to the diet that he had been raised in - he actually enjoyed it. Black of course, and maybe decaf since he didn't need the heightened stress on his body. He keeps an eye on the various people in attendence, especially this late at night - though his eyes do drift to Allison a bit longer than others - such a beautiful creature, that one. It would make for a perfect honey-pot if they wanted to lure him in and cut his throat. When she smiles, he turns away - a typical knee jerk reaction and he kicks himself for it mentally.

Crimson on the other hand offers a smile to the girl as he heads to the line, matching her own. "Seems like it's about to storm again."

A typical statement, in this town. It was New Haven - it was always about to storm. Always dreary. Always dark. The clouds weighed in overhead and if it were day the only way you'd have been able to tell would be by the slight hint of white peeping through those black clouds. He looks to Silver, and says, "Black?"

Silver simply nods, before his gaze flickers back to Allison again.

He'd pegged her as the most dangerous one, by no other virtue than her being the one who grabbed his attention the most.

Allison Smith
"What is they say.. if you don't like the weather.. wait five minutes and it'll change?" she smirks slightly "Though I think that is England.... here it is Either raining, or going to rain... from what I've seen so far."

Of course Silver would likely be right in his estimation of her... but none of the patrons there were the sort she would seek out as prey. Distractions maybe. But not something her horror craved.

Ruth LeHayes
Ruth gave a polite smile to the pretty woman before focusing on the line again, and the blond boy that spoke to her. "Oh? Eh, I don't mind," she said, brushing him off politely at first. "I kinda it," she adds, deciding to give into the polite conversation after all.

Crimson
Silver
Crimson let out a soft chuckle, and shrugged, "I think that's a lot of places actually. Florida and Washington both have the same rule."

Silver looked to Crimson, and raised an eyebrow. Crimson smiled and said, "What?"

Silver shook his head, and then pulled out the phone to show him it. Crimson spoke again, "No I haven't been to either of those places, but some of the people on the force have. They both brought it with them as personal sayings... so maybe it is england, and it just spread to America?"

He shrugs. Silver looks to Ruth. Second biggest threat - he hadn't noticed her until she'd spoken, after all. Okay, so maybe Allison wasn't the biggest threat, but the biggest distraction, and he needed to focus on other things besides the pretty girl to the side. He looks to her, and tilts his head curiously as though contemplating her statement, before nodding a moment in agreement.

Allison Smith
*she gave the other girl a smile again* At the very least the rain gives a good excuse to cozy up somewhere warm and relax... So i can see your point. *she turns back to crimson and silver* Could be.. language is funny like that. *she takes a sip of her drink, savoring the sweetened drink* I'm Allison, by the way.

Ruth LeHayes
"Uh...yea," she murmured after the dark haired one gave her a rough analytical look, one she'd been getting often since...yea. Were they friends? They weren't talking to her after all, shoulda been paid attention, she thought. She put away the brochure, determined to at least slink away with a delicious beverage first now that her dignity was lost.

Crimson
Silver
"Oh I totaly agree. Cozying up to the warm and relaxing is something I recommend often. Eric." Crimson says, and Silver just gives him this death glare - like he'd kicked a puppy and starts typing in his phone. Crimson blinks a moment and then says, "What are you doing Sly?"

Sly looks at Crimson and shows him the phone, showing the image of a pretty blue haired girl. "Oh, gotcha. Texting Azure. Sure sure. Wait why?"

The coffee was given to the two of them and Silver was distracted from the texting as he reached to grab his black coffee - he preferred the bitter to the sugar. Made more sense to him, since the sweet was unusual. He offers a smile to Ruth, and shows her the phone.

[Why do you like the rain?]

Allison Smith
Its nice to meet you. *she smiled pleasantly* I only recently moved to this city... its been.. interesting so far.

Ruth LeHayes
Ruth's sky-blue eyes flashes from the phone to the dark haired boy, wondering what his deal was. Mute? Painfully awkward like her? She was silent for a while before she finally answered. "I've had enough sunshine for a lifetime," she muttered to him before she ordered something with a fair bit of cream and sugar.

Crimson
Silver
"Yeah I'm a native myself. Sort of an insulated city, I've found. Most people who come here usually end up staying and settling down... that or they get sick of the weather and we never hear from them again." Of course that was what the mortals would say. Those who had their eyes open knew better.

No one ever left this city. Not alive, anyways.

Silver's arms slumped a bit more as Crimson talked, and he looked to Ruth again. Then he starts typing once more, and shows... Allison, and then Ruth if she's still involved in the conversation. [Where are you from?]

Allison Smith
"Its true that some can't take the dark and dreary... But for others.. well.. I would say it almost has a siren's call about it. It draws you in." She smiled, oh yes she knew exactly what that implied.

Ruth LeHayes
Ruth glanced over to Allison as the baristas did their work, noting her answer before the black haired kid gave her another message. "Ever heard of Belvidere, Indiana?"

Allison Smith
I'm from.. well a lot of places.. I've traveled quite a bit.. Though I guess I could say Arkansas.... may the state in its entirety rot in hell. *she states with a measure of venom in her tone.*

Crimson
Silver
Crimson smiled and then said, "I suppose. It's not exactly a tourist location though, so I'd say that those people are few and far between. Most people have to be mad to come to a dead end town like this one."

Silver tilted his head and then looked to Ruth, not really questioning the venom in Allison's voice. He had more than one reason to hate the place he came from - he doubts others didn't either, even if their reasons were...

Weak.

Pathetic.

Infantile.

If they knew true suffering, true pain, true hatred, they'd not be able to hold a conversation in the way they did, alone - by themselves. They'd be a bundle wrapped in pain who only wanted to see the world burn and suffer for the things that it had done to them. He looks to Crimson...

Well, there were a few exceptions to that. He types on the phone again, and then shows it to Ruth; It's whatever google pulled up when her city was brought up, as though questioning if that was it.

Ruth LeHayes
"Yea, that's it. Real shithole, wouldn't mind if it burned with Arkansas," she nodded to Allison, recognizing that venom. "Hope you don't mind."

Kriemhilde
Gnosis (Low) | Presence 3 | Manipulations 3 | Mystery Initiation 4 (Seventh Circle) | Occultation 3 | Arrow
She had decided that she needed a walk....sometimes the apartment just got too stuffy and one just needed fresh air..or just to move about. She took a deep breath of the cool night air as she walked working the memories out that keep rolling around in her head despite not wanting them to, not wanting them there at all. She was not fully paying attention to where she was walking, more what direction as she managed to not run into anything as she went.

Allison Smith
"Maybe lump it all into a pile with trump and hillary?" she chuckles a bit. "I don't mind." and then takes a long sip, finishing her drink* I'll be right back." she says as she stands to get a refil....

Crimson
Silver
"Oh yeah let's not even talk about politics. Way that's going the whole country will look like places like this," Crimson said with a laugh, taking a drink of his coffee. Silver tries a smile too, though on those eyes it really doesn't fit him. He types again, and offers it to Ruth.

[Tell me about it?]

Ruth LeHayes
"NO," she sharply said when she read his message, glaring at the kid who could probably see the storm brewing behind her eyes before she relented, grabbing her coffee and taking a quick sip while she calmed herself down. "Er..no, sorry," she apologized to Silver in a softer tone while avoiding his gaze, apparently ashamed by her reaction. "Iiii'd rather talk about anything else." She took another sip and looked back to the kid, wondering if there was going to be an anything else.

Kriemhilde
Gnosis (Low) | Presence 3 | Manipulations 3 | Mystery Initiation 4 (Seventh Circle) | Occultation 3 | Arrow
The smell of coffee tickled her nose and a smile touched her lips...that would do something nice and sweet to treat herself with and push away the bad. She stopped in front of the shop and looked up at the sign before opening the door and making her way in and towards the counter. She was dressed in just jeans and a t-shirt with a light jacket over it to keep out the dampness and chill of the night, not that they bothered her much but it was always nice. Her hair was let to fall free around her framing her face with waves. She spoke softly when she got to the counter, ordering herself a sweet coffee...white chocolate mikado with cinnamon

Allison Smith
*she would frown as her phone chirped at her... sigh and then get her coffee to go.. she smiled thinly at the others* I"m sorry to leave so abruptly.. but something came up and I have to go.... It wa snice meeting you.. I Hope to see you all again sometime.

Crimson
Silver
As Kriemhilde walks in, she'll notice a face of interest standing - not sitting - just away from the counter, with two others. Of course she'd been briefed a bit on Synesthesia and the group itself, but the girl there did not fit the description of Azure (for one, she didn't have blue hair), and didn't seem like she fit any other description given of the members there. Even if she had, she's not what's noticable: It's the boy.

He looks just like his father. Maybe a little less beautiful than Lucifer - after all, who wasn't - but one day he'd grow into that natural, angelic beauty that his father possessed. She can see a bit of Lilith in him too - the hair is about as dark as hers, and the skin is about as soft. But his eyes are where the power lies; Those eyes belonged to his father - startling blue eyes that could light the heart on fire if used properly. They told stories of the depths of his pain, suffering, and understanding. Pain that she knew all too well - even if like all dutiful parents his had been more focused on him.

At Ruth's abrupt statement, he jerks back suddenly - a large flitch that forces his feet back. For Ruth, the room is filled with a loud noise - like a microphone turning on or the sound of losing your hearing. It cutslike a scalpel carving its way into the mind, making it hard to focus on anything but the splitting sudden migraine and the bleeding nose. Crimson very suddenly reaches over to grab Silver, and Silver blinks.

The headache is fades as quickly as it came. Caffiene, maybe?

Crimson nods to Allison, and says, "Of course. You take it easy." He looks to Silver, who nods at an unspoken expression there, and offers Ruth an apologetic smile of his own.

Allison Smith
*and witht hat she is out into the night!*

Kriemhilde
She caught the boy out of the corner of her eye as she waited for her coffee and she stiffed if only ever so slightly. She would know him anywhere...even if all she saw were the eyes..so like his fathers but ever so slightly different as well...no two eyes were alike after all and if one was observant enough you could pick them out.

She watched the group out of the corner of her eye as she waited, she saw the flinch and the apologetic smile that touched his lips and sent a slight shiver through her...not like his father did...but a shiver none the less. Images flashed in her mind of a night not so long ago and she blinked them away brushing a stray bit of hair behind her ear as she waited...not approaching at least not yet.

Ruth LeHayes
Ruth jumped back as the unnatural noise grated her ears, nearly bumping into the newcomer and almost spilling her coffee. "Sorry," she apologized to the (really pretty) woman while staring at the kid and his apologetic smile. She replied with her own awkward smile while her senses went into overdrive.

Ruth has rolled 4 successes on a Kenning Roll.

Crimson
Silver
For Ruth, the sound flickers about - she can still hear it almost. A ringing in her ears, but it's faint. Not quite there. She can see little notes floating ephemerally over him, dancing around him like you might imagine an orchestrator could swing notes with their wand. The notes flicker and seem like razors with a dull edge. At your feet on the ground you see the images of thorns - but they are dead, rotting things that don't seem to come within even a feet of the boy.

Crimson approaches, a bit slowly, and said, "Are you okay?" He sets his drink down, so as to make sure he doesn't drop it while going to help Ruth.

Kriemhilde
She managed to step out of the way of the girl who almost ran into her despite not looking at her. She her eyes remained on Silver for the moment. She took her drink when it was ready and moved towards the door watching the three as she went.

Ruth LeHayes
"I'm fine, I'm fine, everything's fine," Ruth quickly tried to convince herself as she took a deep sip of her coffee, trying to ignore the dancing motes of song made out of literally sharp highs and piercing rings, and the dead thorns at his feet.

Crimson might spot the slight tremor in her hands, however, and the way she was looking at and around silver before steeling a glance to the new girl and back.

Crimson
Silver
He nodded and then said, "Breath. Try to relax."

It's a simple statement, but when he says it most people listen. Not an order, but it's definately that cop voice when he's dealing with someone whose undergoing what... appears to be a panic attack. Of course he wasn't going to tell her not to take the long sip of coffee she had - she didn't know him from adam after all - but he really wished she hadn't as that wasn't going to do much.

Of course he'd felt the supernatural twinge around him, but had figured that it was Silver doing something defensive in response to her abrupt statement, and would deal with it privately - when they were alone.

Silver tilted his head, looking to Ruth - his face is one of confusion. Like Crimson, he was aware of a supernatural event on as well. The only difference is he knows that wasn't him and he is not assuming Crimson was the one who utilized it. A world opens up to his sight, to see the world as it was. It was a coffee shop, a place of business, a place where people could relax and try to get work done at late hours of the night now...

And then it was a hell hole. A cesspool of demons, flashing out their greedy hands for more, more, more. They were dependant - upon the drugs, upon the money, upon the need to complete one little thing to perfection. It seemed so picture perfect, but the demons are written on every face - inside their minds, just beneath the surface, closer than anyone could ever imagine. He's looking at Ruth's demons now.

Trying to pen what supernatural occurrence may have come, and whether his sight was the right one to identify it.
[hr][hr]
Kriemhilde
She looked at the woman who had looked her way, her head tilting some. She sipped her coffee and turned on her feet a soft smile flashed to Silver as she did. She made her way out coffee in hand and a little wave of her fingers to the three as she departed

Ruth LeHayes
"Hey, I'm relaxed," she lied. "What about your boy, I didn't mean to upset him," she says with the slight tremor of fear riding on her voice. To Crimson, she was just a grey-haired girl in skinny jeans and a black hoodie. To Silver...as the lie pealed away and the truth manifested into his awareness, Ruth was...still wearing those skinny jeans and a black hoodie, but he would also see the wisps of stormclouds that dangle from her head, an almost chiaroscuro figure of black shadows and rolling evening skies sculpted into a girl on the edge, with those sky blue eyes being more literal.

Something else was also different about this girl, besides the obvious. The slight warps in space caused by her unique form of camouflage, the fractal broken aura of her thoughts, the strange truths that hung around her like smoke. The Demons that haunted her...wern't demons, not like the kind he usually saw. These were more abstract, living creatures of fear, confusion, and regret, buzzing around her with six wings and halo-ish auras in an aggressive and almost mocking manner.

Not demons...angels of a jealous god?

Crimson
Silver
The boy tilted his head once more. For all the pain, for all the suffering, for all the broken little bits that make up Silver's mentality, there is still a part of him which is curious. Which wants to know more - to take the definition of her truth, the mystery of what she was, understand it, and take it's power for his own.

Power which can be used to break those around him.

"Yeah he's just..." He smiles between the two of them, and said, "He's just had a bit of a rough life. Doesn't take too well to what feels like aggression." Crimson turned to look to Silver, and then said, "You are alright... right?"

Silver's eyes kept on Ruth a moment, until he realized that Crimson was speaking to him with a start. He nodded, and pulled out his phone - typing into it, and showing it to her. [Sry]

Ruth LeHayes
"Yea, well...he's not the only one," Ruth grumbled as Silver typed and showed her his apology, while a tiny six-winged creature crawled over her cup and accused her of something. "Apology accepted."

Crimson
Silver
If Silver had to guess, he'd say that one of Ruth's demons had something to deal with guilt. Of course, that was because that was his interpretation of it. But maybe it wasn't necessarily her guilt so much as guilt she might be expected to feel? Who knew. He would have to look into her little city at some point, and see what was up with that. Maybe that'd lead to some clues. As would... He began typing again.

"Can I buy you another drink?" Crimson said, motioning to her nearly spilled coffee. "Call it an apology for the mutual freakout?"

Ruth LeHayes
"No. Nooo, I'm good," Ruth replied, cradling her own cup. "Actually I should get going," she lied and started towards the door. She had enough weirdness for one night. "Um...yea. Take care you two? Yea."

Tags:

Return to “Brunswick village”