A place for me [Att Fox]

Downtown New Haven gives the false impression of safety. Its old, the buildings made of stone and old architecture. They are one after another, almost on top of each other. The Highest building in downtown being 4 stories. The lamp posts are of Victorian design. The side walks cobblestone instead of concrete. And seeming to always burst with activity. There are downtown restaurants, coffee shops, wood shops, theaters and festive. Downtown also leads to the Fish Market and thus the harbor. The sky is always overcast with the occasional spot of blue and sun, the bricks often glisten with the water that is in the air. The festive city hides a deeper rot. A Alley might feel as though the worst crimes could be committed in moments. A unaware might be robbed..or killed. But that alley might also summon, call to the passer by and though they fear the dark within go like a lamb to the slaughter.
fairfolk

A place for me [Att Fox]

Postby fairfolk » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:52 am

Samandriel
| Wyrd 2| Ifrit / fire-heart | Hardy| Striking Looks 2 | Alternate ID

She had spent some time settling into her mundane life, and after the quarantine she decided it was time to find her people and try to settle into life with them too. She missed her former Motley, and had the idea to try to get Joseph to remember her..maybe..to reform it. She wasn't sure how that would go but none the less she needed to make 'friends' among the Lost.

She was a warrior, but, here...she wasn't sure what she was.

She knew one named Rose was convinced she knew here, definitely knew her twin.

Anyways, she needed to learn more about the Lost here and chose what idealology to step into. So she had gone to the place that joseph had taken her to to try to meet folks.

Try to find her place in this new life.

Tags:

fairfolk

Re: A place for me [Att Fox]

Postby fairfolk » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:49 am

[Bump]

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 2:25 am

Coming into Mamma Bear's Cajun Cafe, the smell of gumbo, seafood and all sorts of deliciousness wafted out of the door to greet the fiery Lost as she made her way inside. The majority of the patrons inside were mundanes, some sitting in ones and twos and others with the whole family in tow, while the staff was Lost almost to a one, a mix of seemings and kiths. The spirit of the place was jolly, the conversation flowing like water and the air filled with laughter.

The master of the house was walking around among her customers, making sure that everyone was enjoying their meals. Only those who could see beyond spotted the Ursa Major in their midst, her ursine countenance revealing where the name of the place had come from. Seeing Samandriel come in she smiled widely, lumbering in her direction. "Evening, darlin'! What can we do ya for?"
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:19 am

Samandriel

She smiled at the bear and breathed in "Hi. I kind of am looking to learn more" She shrugs and ran her hand through her red hair, causing a bit of it to ash off and twist up to flames. "Might be a little out of my league and pretty lost"

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:12 am

Ellen nodded, glancing briefly at the ash that fluttered away from the Elemental's head before looking back to Samandriel with a smile. "Can definitely help you on that front, sugar. Come on upstairs, better to talk where it's a little quieter."

She called back to the kitchen to let the girls working within know that she was heading upstairs for a bit, then headed for the door in the back that let to a small set of apartments above the restaurant. She pulled a set of keys from her pocket and unlocked the closest one from the stairs, revealing a cozy little one bedroom apartment with a small living room immediately beyond the door and a kitchen to the left.

Ellen motioned for Samandriel to take a seat, plopping down in one of the larger chairs in the room. "So, what questions do you have, sugar?"

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:46 am

Samandriel

She offered a smile and a gentle nod "Indeed" Then followed Mama Bear up. Once in the new room, she found a place to sit and looked at the Ursa. "Where I am from, the courts where based on seasons. My dreams and such, I was court of Wrath. I ..find I do not know anything about this court, or what emotions they are tied to. Who is who, or what is what. I am lost and would like to find a place" She breathed in "I am a warrior. That is about all I know at this point"

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:31 pm

Ellen nodded with a chuckle, he chair groaning a bit as she got settled into it. "Oh, I know how you feel, darlin'. Comin' up from New Orleans it was a bit of a shock for me, too."

"The way they have it set up here is that there are two main courts, the Seelie and the Unseelie, as a nod to the old European tales of the fae. The Seelie uphold tradition and value Honor, while the Unseelie are more of a 'I live my life how I want to' bent and can best feed off of another's Estacy. Some look at 'em as good and evil, light versus dark and all that. Always saw it more as two sides of the same coin, but then again you see the darkness in the brighest souls and vice versa if you know how to look."

She smiled a bit, looking the Elemental over. "Along with the courts, though, there are a number of Noble houses that you can join if you find a patron and think it's a good fit. There's technically six with each court and one independent, although you can be a member of an opposing court and still join a house if you can have someone vouch for you. I'm with House Fiona, for example; a lot of our folks are seekers of passion in everyday life, whether it's through sport, love or any other sort of thing our heart yearns for. The fella who brought you here before, Taylor, is a member as well."

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:11 am

Samandriel
| Wyrd 2| Ifrit / fire-heart | Hardy| Striking Looks 2| Alternate ID

Her nose wrinkled causing the porcelain around her eyes and mouth to form faint cracks as she processed what was told to her. After a few moments she smiled a little "Please tell me about the Fiona"

QuicksilverFox85

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:54 pm

"Of course, sugar." Ellen smiled, nodding as she continued. "Some call us pleasure seekers, more interested in finding the rush than carrying out our proper duties. While that may be true for some of us, at our heart we find what we cherish and we protect it through thick and thin. We've got crafters like myself and Mister Taylor, warriors like yourself, and even proper statesmen who find their passion in the written and spoken word. We fight for what we believe in, and hell itself awaits anyone standing against us when we do."

fairfolk

Postby fairfolk » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:24 am

Samandriel

Her eyes seemed to glaze over at the 'pleasure seekers" comment as it reminded her of Spring. But as she continued to talk, Samandriel blinked and focused. Her delicate brows came together "Sounds like Joseph" She said and then looked around and back "what else is there to it?"

Return to “Downtown”