Running Into An Old Friend...Of Sorts [Log] [11-6-16]

The Pier is old, its been there as long as anyone can remember and promises a good time for adults and children alike. It has old fashion game vendors, a automated gypsy that will tell your fortune, places you can get great hot dogs and funnel cakes. A indoor merry go round with weathered sea animals and sleds, and a ferris wheel that allows riders to see across the Gulf into the ever vast ocean. Watch your children, more then one has been lost here and more then one woman has disappeared never to be seen again.[The Rack]
QuicksilverFox85

Running Into An Old Friend...Of Sorts [Log] [11-6-16]

Postby QuicksilverFox85 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:37 pm

Joseph Taylor
Tucked into one of the more quiet corners of the pier was a mural depicting a stone facade, with a wooden door opened just a crack. Most paid it little mind, barring using the space where it was hidden in as somewhere to make out, but those who could access something other than the Ironside knew of it as a path into and out of the Hedge.

On this particular evening the door in the mural swung open, revealing the briny shoreline beyond it as well as the immaculate young man that emerged from it. As it shut behind him reality asserted itself once again, leaving the man still handsome but not impossibly so. He looked around briefly as he reoriented himself, then began to move towards the exit of the little alcove and back towards the pier proper to start making his way back home.

Samandriel
She had decided to learn her new home, and so she had come to where the people came for fun. She walked along the pier, to the human eye she was a striking red head with emerald green eyes, dressed in a pair of jeans and white shirt with a black leather jacket

To other eyes though, she was just as beautiful though skin made of porcline, eyes like fire and her hair occasionaly wisped up from red silk to fire snapping off bits of ember that floated off into the ether

Joseph Taylor
Joseph was dressed casually enough, in jeans and a t-shirt with a leather bomber jacket over it with a pair of aviator shades perched on his head. The hems of his jeans were a little damp, betraying the waters he'd traversed in the Hedge, but otherwise he looked like your every-day fellow at the Pier to most passers by.

Not that his own looks and the draw of the Fairest's natural charm didn't catch eyes, of course. The stares were something he'd become accustomed to, at this point, but he did still keep an eye out for anything untowards. That allowed him to catch the flame flicking from Samandriel's hair, and as he looked her over he paused. Seeing an unfamiliar Lost was always tricky, as you could never tell who might be a Loyalist, but he wasn't one to be overly paranoid. Thus, he gave the fiery Elemental a nod and a small smile, waiting to see if she would come his way or carry on.

Samandriel
He caught her eye and she stopped cold, or warm, for her and watched him. then made a bee line to him and the next thing the fairest knew was he had a fiery elemental in his arms!

She hugged him "Oh my god Joseph! you are here!"

Joseph Taylor
Joseph watched as she approached, then paused as he was suddenly glomped. He blinked as she said his name, giving her a confused look. "I'm sorry, miss, you have me at a disadvantage...have we met before?"

Samandriel
She leaned back and looked at him a bit confused and then smiled "You are a motley mate" She said softly and stepped back a smile on her face. "you ARE Joseph Taylor the Ace right?"

The lines along her eyes cracked and stretched down her face as she spoke.

Joseph Taylor
His eyebrow arched a touch as she stepped back, giving her a small nod. "My name is Joseph, yes, but I don't recall meeting you before."

After a moment he looked around, then motioned for her to follow him back to the alcove where the hedge gate was located. "May be better to speak on this in a quieter place..."

Samandriel
She nods and followed him "of course" she seemed to have a pip in her step as she watched "Also, thats not a answer. You ARE who I am asking of right?"

Joseph Taylor
Once they were in the alcove Joseph turned to Samandriel, looking her over curiously. "I am Joseph Taylor, yes, and I was a pilot both here and in Arcadia. But I've not met you before now, to my knowledge."

Samandriel
She looked around and then let her ember eyes fall on him and offered a genuine smile , and said "We have met. You are, or were I don't feel the oath, my motley mate, a member of the court of wrath. We had some really good arguements..cause im a stuborn ass. You, flew over the hedge on accident, and came to Miami, where you found your wife. Elizabeth, unfortunately she had aged...I think she passed away, but i cant remember clearly, the hedge does that when your in it to long"

Joseph Taylor
Joseph moved to sit on the table in the alcove as she spoke, his eyebrow arching high. That sounded close enough, but the details were wrong in all the right ways...was this some other branch of time that he had no memories of? How many iterations of him were there out there?

"I'm...not sure what to say, miss. My wife died while I was gone, although I've remarried since, and I've never been to Miami in my life."

Samandriel
She sat down with him and tilted her head as he spoke and then said "OH. Im..Samandriel" she put her elbows on the table and her chin in her hands as she thought "I suspect that this place isn't the same for me, but you where there, and it might not have been you, but, IS you. You might not understand that, but you are a friend. You are trust worthy, you are picky on whom you actually call friend, and you called me sister. you will again..wait..your remarried? how did THAT happen?"

Joseph Taylor
"I think I follow." He nodded, moving to sit on the bench rather than the table itself as she sat down. "Been some...odd things happening along that front lately, so it's not that far-fetched."

He smiled a bit at her surprise. "My plane crashed when I came through here, and a young woman rescued me from the wreckage. We became friends after, and she helped me to get through the mourning period when I found out about Elizabeth's passage. We continued to become close, and we married last year."

Samandriel
She nods "Congratulations, you about took my head off when i suggested we live together..as friends, ,cause I needed a room mate, it is not proper according to other you"

Joseph Taylor
"Really?" His eyebrow arched at that, shaking his head a bit. "Not something I'd say, personally."

Samandriel
"Well thats good, as much as I liked other you...could be a bit stiff sometimes" she shrugs and eyed him "I came to a cross roads when I left Miami, I was lost from someone I love. Strange little man, pretty sure it wasn't a hob. He had a hour glass and asked me what i was looking for, I told him of this love and he pointed me this way...and " she said lowering her hands and looking at them "things are different, but the same. He came from Miami but did not know me there...so" she said looking at him "the hedge does things to us, I guess"

Joseph Taylor
Joseph nodded, remembering vaguely his own conversation with the little fellow he had spoken too. "That is does. Time can be a strange thing there, and does what it wants on occasion."

"At any rate, I'm glad to have met you...again, in your case." He smiled a bit. "Have you run into any of the other locals yet?"

Samandriel
She shook her head "apparently just...my husband?" her brows came together and she shook her head at that "never saw that one coming.....but no, I have met no one yet. You..can help me?"

Joseph Taylor
"I can, yeah." He nodded, pulling his phone to rummage for a number. "You staying with him currently, or are you living somewhere else for the moment? If not, we have a place you can hole up in until you get settled."

Samandriel
"Ill be staying with him. apparently ..I have a child that needs a mother" Her face shattered at that, more terrified then anything

Joseph Taylor
He blinked as the porcelain on her face shattered and revealed the flame beneath, stretching his hand out and taking hers with a warm smile. "My own daughter is about six months old. Maybe you can bring them by and they can play together every now and again."

Samandriel
She blinked "we can have babies here?" she said in such shock she didnt even notice he took her hand. She gave his a squeeze and shook her head "wow....oh shit i need to not ..." she looked about ready to pass out

Joseph Taylor
"Whoa...careful there." He reached forward to help steady her, smiling a bit. "We can, yes. Little harder to carry to term, but a lot easier overall."

Samandriel
"thanks" She said when he steadied her and just blinked again "we where..sterile...." her eyes kind of wide "I..think I need to learn more about whats different"

Joseph Taylor
He nodded, watching her to make sure she wasn't going to keel over. "More than willing to help with that. Had to adjust to some things myself."

Samandriel
She nods "Thank you. Please, help me" She asked softly "I dont even feel my season here"

Joseph Taylor
"The Seasonal courts aren't in power here, actually. It's a different system, based off of the old tales of Seelie and Unseelie fae." He moved to stand, offering her a hand up if she needed it. "Can fill you in on the way to one of our meeting places if you'd like."

Samandriel
She took his hand and got up. "Please" She looked around and the gave a nod "you got a motley yet?" Well she was direct.

Joseph Taylor
He smirked a bit, shaking his head as they headed for the main part of the pier. "No, although I'm in something like one. Can't go into detail, though; oath and all."
Your friendly neighborhood Latin Nerd
"Pay no attention to the man behind the Storyteller!"

Return to “Pier”